Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

@Zeo @Poimagic @mcsilas @DLNarshen @tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams 

@LordFrigid (hope you don't mind the tag) @DefaultBeep (because it's Clarisse)

One Turn Infernal Clarisse: 

My first approach was to break the wall and attack with Roy. The big problem here are the defense tiles, because the Sword Cav was not able to deal enough damage to Roy, to enable WoM on Cherche. First I thought I could let Roy get panicked by the Infernal-exclusive Sword Fighter, but Panic Ploy applies on EP.  Elincia would be able to receive enough damage and proc GF (-DEF helps), but can't reach the tile right to Clarisse, to let Cordelia attack the blue mage.

In the end I had to use vanilla Azura, because other Dancers/Singers would be attacked by the Sword Cav. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DefaultBeep ...The time has come.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Rezzy @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @Cute Chao @Poimagic @NegativeExponents- @Quintessence @Ginko @Johann @Hilda @Fei Mao @Infinite Dreams @DarkLordIvy @Nosmur @Usana @XRay

It's pretty crazy just thinking about when I started doing this back in January. How it seems like such a short period of time has passed... but also like it's been a long time and we're already heading towards the middle of the year. How after a certain point I was waiting for this GHB to come back... I knew what music I wanted to use, I knew in my head what I wanted to do. To the point that this only took 2 tries. Matthew vs Clarisse is something that I've been waiting for for a while now and honestly it didn't let me down.

Looking back on how at the beginning of the year uploading that first video of the Oliver clear made me feel cool for using Matthew and finding a way to make him awesome, how DefaultBeep's and my ideas for our units were so similar that I was looking forward to his clears as much as doing my own. It's also made me think about life and how short it is. How a year or two from now I may not even be playing FEH anymore, it may not even exist. But this vid will still be here, and if I watch it, I'll remember where I was, I'll remember who it was for and why I made it. And that means something, even for something as minute as a little escape from an ever changing reality.

From an objective standpoint, this clear isn't anything special. The team does what they always do. But for me personally, this one has great significance and is one of the best I've ever done. Regardless of the difficulty, the long awaited Matthew vs Clarisse showdown didn't disappoint me in the least. Did the quests as well, but we can talk about that later. A significant chapter has concluded for me following this GHB.

I hope you enjoy the show. Shoutouts to DefaultBeep. You say I'm an inspiration, well thank you for inspiring me right back.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Showoff between the debuff-champions, cool. Matthew one-shots that Thief (on a Defense Tile btw) like nothing and Ayra shrugs off blue magic. Couldn't listen to the music yet, but I'm happy you finally could realize what you had in mind for weeks. Are there any other GHB/BHB you are looking forward to? 

This one was even easier than Legion.

Water: Fjorm, Eiricav, Nino, Oscar

Earth: VIke, BIke, Delthea, M!Robin

Fire: LEphraim, Myrhh, Y!Tiki, Hardin

Wind: Gunnthra, BLyn, Lancina, Lyon

Water gave me the most trouble. I accidentally left a blade tome on Eirika, so she and Nino didn't do much since they kept getting debuffed. The other three I beat on the first try. The raven tomes on Earth and Wind took care of most of the team, while Hardin and Tiki's mixed bulk let them shrug off pretty much everything once they got on the defense tile.

P.S. A three star Edgy Takumi beats or ties a four star Clarisse in every stat but HP. I heard that he was just a flat out better version of her, but I had no idea it was this bad.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

Clarisse time!

Earth: D!Ike, M!Robin, Sonya, Nephenee. M!Robin with TA + QR can take out both Clarisse and the ninja in the first turn. Shame I didn't have QR. Sonya tanked the ninja with Spur Def, and she needed it, because even if she wasn't -Def she would have died without it.Most of the other matchups are about as you'd expect but D!Ike was mainly there for the Earth Blessing buff.

Water: Arvis, Fjorm, M!Corrin and Nohrzura. Arvis/Fjorm strikes again. M!Corrin and Fjorm take on opponents over the wall, Arvis attacks where needed (1-rounding the cav I think, finishing Clarisse), M!Corrin actually takes out the mage (why Blarblade? I don't recall him getting buffs.). Nohrzura does her usual thing here.

Fire: Cecilia, B!Lyn, Ursula and Eliwood. B!Lyn of course takes on the bulk of the early fighting, the cleanup is easy. I don't recall Ursula killing anyone. Cecilia might end up losing any prominence with me pulling Gronnwen.

Wind: Xander with Fury nearly solos this map, can tank the blue mage and of course demolishes nearly everyone when I remember to leave Hone Cav on him. Camus, L'Arachel and Elise helped I guess.

Easy enough. All first try, unlike Legion. Used pretty much the same teams, but without Clarine or Priscilla.

Water: Fjorm, BK, Christmas Robin, Hector

Earth: Legendary Ike, Zephiel, Valentine's Lyn, Male Grima

Wind: Sigurd, Oscar, Ursula, Gunnthra

Fire: Legendary Ephraim, Christmas Tharja, Hardin, Amelia

Not gonna do Earth just yet, since I don't really need the spare copy. As for the rest:

Wind: Airzura, Bunmilla, Soren and L'Arachel.

Water: P!Takumi, Cecilia, Horse!Chrom and Fjorm.

Fire: W!Lissa, Marx, Tailtiu and B!Lyn.

Honestly this one gave me more trouble than Legion.

Fire: Celica, Micaiah, Cherche, and Marisa. Took a few tries but I eventually managed. Special shout out to Marisa for tanking a hit from the blue mage and for generally being hard to kill.

Air: Horse!Eirika, L'Rachel, Camoo, and Titania. I expected this group to be the one giving me problems on these quests and unlike with Legion it happened here. Still didn't take too many tries.

Water: Airzura, H!Nowi, Elincia, and Tana. Only took two tries, though Elincia did need to survive a hit from the blue mage (easy enough on the defense tile even with a resistance bane).

Earth: F!Corrin, Myrrh, A!Tiki, and Ninian. Piece of cake, got it first try. I also used them for Infernal since I hadn't done that yet and only needed two tries to get through.

Lol, vanilla 5* Nowi with def refined breath and Distant Defense 3 sacred seal almost soloes this GHB xD

Paired her with Celica, Beruka and Priscilla for the Fire Blessing quest and literally all they did was Celica damaging the Green cav and Beruka kill the last enemy (Watersweep mage)

Edited by Javi Blizz

This one went smoothly for me and I ended up really liking playing this map this time.  I also finally beat infernal.  At least these quests make waiting for the next TT more fun.  I am also getting a really nice stash of orbs thanks to these quests I have broken my old record and am now siting on a little over 400 orbs.  H!Jakob had better come home this legendary banner.

@Zeo Very nice. The music was a incredible touch, it made me remember the 300 hours I put into FF XIII-2 I never played XIII-1 tho, I should do that one day

From my end it was easy, the hardest quest was the Earth one because I'm not used to playing with Armor Emblem but it only took 2 tries. The rest was done in one try.

It is a fun sense of progress when a ghb like this that about had me putting my phone through a wall can now be cleared with my favorite deadly gag team. 

I sped through the other blessing quests last night because I’ve got a 4% pity rate on the Tharacia banner and I want it gone. I got nothing with last nights orbs though. :/

Water: Jaffar, Nino, Ninian, Fjorm

Wind: Micaiah, Sothe, Azura, Fae

Fire: VHector, VLyn, NYTakumi, Inigo

Fortunately, this map is terrible at handling a non-blue bulky/high-sustain unit, so I dropped Caeda (water), Adult Tiki (fire), Vanguard Legend Ike (earth), and Faye (wind) on the defense tile in front of the Sword Cav and waited. I actually forgot that the Green Tome Cav had Gronnraven, but Faye still managed to wipe him out in 2 rounds.

The Caeda clear, as usual:

Spoiler

~

@mampfoid nice job, again! I don’t mind the tag, but might not always respond...feel free to just assume that I’m suitably impressed on the occasions that I don’t ;) . I liked the way Cordelia blocked off the Sword Cav from getting at Roy.

12 hours ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

P.S. A three star Edgy Takumi beats or ties a four star Clarisse in every stat but HP. I heard that he was just a flat out better version of her, but I had no idea it was this bad.

Are you accounting for Fury? At 5*, they have identical stats except res where Takumi wins by 4, so I'd be surprised if 3* him beat 4* her given how rarity stat increases usually work.

Or do you mean at base? I'm actually not sure how their bases line up.

Edited by bottlegnomes

@mampfoid Your clear was very impressive. This looks like one of those maps that would be impossible to complete in one turn simply because the enemies are so spread out and then you have walls and defense tiles to worry about. Edit: I just realized no enemy is actually on a defense tile, whoops.

@Zeo That 0 damage from Glimmer tho. I just love it when enemy units have that and do next to no damage with. Also I'm glad for you and all these realizations you've come to and that you were able to work towards a goal you have deemed so important and successfully accomplish it.

Edit again: Welp, my class was cancelled for tonight but because of that I’m able to post this video earlier than I figured.

Sorry for the double tag @mampfoid but I thought you might possibly be interested in this since it features my Seliph I told you about earlier.

Seliph did the bulk of the work with Camus helping here and there. As far as Priscilla and Legion go, their whole set is pretty much irrelevant as they never see combat and can easily be substituted for similar units. Priscilla was there with a handy rehabilitate+ in hand to heal Seliph when needed. Legion was just there to bait the red sword user and the blue mage. He throws some rally defense here and there but it’s honestly not needed. I just wanted him to feel useful.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

4th Ryoma solo

this one has pretty good enemy comp for him to solo, only 1 blue and doesn't even have swordbreaker! Blarblade does a whole 43 dmg when defiant atk is up though so Ryoma can't get hit by that and needed to get on the def tiles asap.

@Zeo i was expecting Matthew to somehow deal with the Gronnraven mage haha. Still, great to see how far you’ve come. Also Ayra’s pretty good as well, dealing with Blarblade like it was nothing.

@mampfoid it’s nice to see regular Azura, i don’t see her a lot these days. Would Ninian have worked as well? Nice clear!

So here’s a few videos. I had fun doing Lunatic quests.

First is an all redhead clear vs Clarisse. If you replace Priscilla with Elise then that is my wind blessing team but I figured all redheads would be fun theme.

My wind team is a bit haphazardly made but i’m glad i managed to figure out how to clear this with those limits. Arvis shows the power of Ploys as Joshua shows his defensive prowess tanking things. Anna’s Noatun also shines through. 

Music is Falling of the Nightingale from the King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match ost.

Next one is a Water Blessing clear. 

music is the same. Despite being a bladetome-based team it was actually quite tricky since my team is two blue units against a TA Gronnraven mage and two fliers against Clarisse.

i had to have a Fortify Res buff on Fjorm so she survives the turn she baits. Without the buff she actually KOs the green mage (thanks to Ice Mirror) but this means Clarisse can come in and Fjorm can’t survive all those attacks at once. So the Res buff means she deals less damage to the green mage, and Clarisse can’t move in. After that it was pretty much cleaning up.

Last one is a Fire Blessing clear

Music is Undercover from the King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match soundtrack.

Vector works his magic despite having a Def bane. I forgot to put back QR on Xander but it didn’t matter. Fae surprsingly tanks the swordie. Lukas so that i have a full team and to be a ginger stud and look handsome.

@Zeo Congrats, well done  on Legion and Clarisse seems like you had no issues. On the Legion vid I recognize the music in the beginning, Kingdom Under Fire for the xbox was a great game. 

@LordFrigid Cool, welcome to the list. Your Caeda runs make me consider her for my last DC fodder (and some merges since Roy will stay +5). 

@NegativeExponents- Thanks, if you like I could tag you in my next one.

Yeah, the defense tiles only prevented me from using Roy to break the wall, since he wouldn't take enough damage from the Cav to get into WoM range. 

Seliph seems unkillable in your clear, very cool. Nice touch also bringing Legion, even if he was denied the final kill. 

@mcsilas Thanks! Ninian has much lower ATK, perhaps the Cav would have survived (even if his RES is low) attacking her. 

I didn't watch your videos yet, I hope I find the time this evening. These King of fighters tracks have been very fitting so far. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid That would be great actually. I’d like that very much.

Unkillable is indeed the goal with Seliph. Fury is kind of counterproductive for that but I’m not exactly ready to part with the stat increases it provides. Really wish some sort of bracing stance existed for him.

I was actually gonna have Legion kill that blue mage at the end but I thought it would be funny in the screwed up kinda way to deny him the kill. Maybe I’ll have him play a bigger role some other time to make up for it.

Thanks to the nature of the GHB, it was pretty doable for all of my teams.

Fire - Lyon's on that team.  What do you think happened? :P:
Water - Fjorm can tank the green mage for a turn, and murder everyone else - if she's on the defensive tile.  Nino sniped everyone from over the wall.
Wind - Sigurd can take a surprising amount of flak.  L'Arachel's ploy-botting kept him alive.  Priscilla had some usage as a last-minute damage-dealer.  I should give her Pain.
Earth - See the Fire description, but replace Lyon with Spring Camilla, and throw Leon and a dancer into the mix.

11 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Are you accounting for Fury? At 5*, they have identical stats except res where Takumi wins by 4, so I'd be surprised if 3* him beat 4* her given how rarity stat increases usually work.

Or do you mean at base? I'm actually not sure how their bases line up.

I just looked at the level one stats.

@mcsilas the first is my favorite, red head Emblem + Escape Route action, nice. 

Why don't your give your Bladetome mages some A-Skills (even if they do their work regardless)? Also Oscar is without A-Skill (and even without 5* promotion).