Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleared the quests using Baka Jam’s strats, which use 4* Xander, Olivia, Donnel, and Sharena/Clarisse. If 5* Xander were to be used, he needs to be wielding the Silver Sword and have inherited Triangle Adept to manipulate the blue mage’s AI.

Cleared with Bridelia, Ephraim, Xander and Priscilla. Surprisingly, I needed a speed buff even on a +Spd Bridelia in order to quad the Wo Dao+ XD

EDIT: I swear, I don't understand how to put it as an actual video. I'm bad at forums.

EDIT2: Nailed it.

Edited by ShadowYoshi

Copied Yoroutsuu to clear infernal, though I had a bit of stat difference (and a 5-star Camus) to complicate things (and not following the video before entering the map. Had to restart quite a bit because of that). Worked out anyway, including Olivia saving me because of Escape Route and allowing Camus to trap Clarisse at the top.

Got the Sharena mission first try with Sharena, M!Robin, Sonya and Azura. Clarisse took a few tries (few being MANY, several stamina potions worth, partly because at least once she attacked Robin after the ninja and he 1-rounded her because of Bowbreaker, breaking the usual logic of the thief going first. That's right, the issue was making sure Clarisse couldn't be killed too soon, and then having to deal with 4 at once through that bloody gap because of that mercy. This map I swear), but did it with Clarisse, M!Robin, Raigh and Azura (Who needed the Spur Def 2 seal for REASONS) (Thanks for the tip on what units to use Rafiel!).

It's strange how Brave Lyndis is considered one of the best units in the game yet I find I have to swap her out for Clive all the time. Maybe my Lyndis just doesn't like Infernal difficulties?

Team (only listing required skills):

• 5* Xander. Skill A was Triangle Adept 2, B was Vantage 3, C was Hone Cavalry. Weapon was Siegfried, assist was Reposition, and proc was Bonfire.
  • 5* Clive. Skill C was Hone Cavalry. Weapon was Silver Lance +
  • 5* + Speed, - Res Reinhardt. Skill A was Death Blow 3, C was Goad Cavalry. Weapon was Dire Thunder, proc was New Moon.
  • 5* + Speed, - Attack Cecilia.  Skill A was Fury 2, C was Fortify Cavalry. Weapon was Gronnblade +.

The strategy:

Position: Xander bottom left, Cecilia bottom right, Clive top left, Reinhardt top right

Turn1: Move Xander in range of the Green Cavalier Mage, move Reinhardt to Xander's old spot, Clive below Reinhardt, and Cecilia to Clive's left. On the EP, the Green Cavalier Mage will die to Xander, the Ninja will hit Xander and get Repositioned, and Clarisse will break the wall.
Turn 2: Reinhardt kills Clarisse, Cecilia moves back to het starting position, Xander Repositions Reinhardt below him, and Clive moves one space up. On the EP, the Sword Cavalier attacks Xander.
Turn 3: Clive kills the Sword Cavalier, Reinhardt kills the Blue Mage, and both Xander and Cecilia kill the Ninja. On the EP, the Red Infantry attacks Xander.
Turn 4: Xander or Reinhardt kills the Red Infantry.

Strange, on my replay of this map I unintentionally ended up doing a different strategy (which is what I posted) to how I did it initally. It saves a turn, so I guess it's more efficient.

Edited by DodgeDusk
Missed something.

33 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

It's strange how Brave Lyndis is considered one of the best units in the game yet I find I have to swap her out for Clive all the time. Maybe my Lyndis just doesn't like Infernal difficulties?

This particular GHB is unkind to Player Phase oriented units in general with how it's set up. Also, because of Infernal inflation and Lyn's low defenses, she actually needs either quite a bit of help, Desperation, or a Brave/Firesweep Bow to be really effective in these. Though, someone did have Bow Lyn basically solo the Ninian and Hawkeye BHB Infernal with dancers.

It's worth noting that, without any defensive buffs, 4* Clarisse can survive initiating on Lunatic Clarisse (make sure you don't let her initiate, because Poison Strike!), then take a hit from the Thief and survive (with 1 HP and this is assuming that Clarisse gets her debuff on him). Thanks to my Clarisse's own Poison Strike, as well as Hone Atk 3 and a dance from Olivia, I was able to muscle through the defensive tile to burst down the enemy Clarisse after Xander softened her up.

Here's my infernal run, done with:

+Atk -Def Reinhardt with Blazing Thunder (not bothering giving him a proper skill), Reposition, Death Blow 3, Hone Spd 3 and a +1 Atk Seal;

Neutral Lyn with Reposition and normal skill set (also a Quickened Pulse seal);

+Def -Hp Ike with Aether, Heavy Blade 3, Swordbreaker 3, Hone Atk 3 and a Distant Def. Seal;

Ninian with shitty IV's (+Hp - Def) and Wings of Mercy 2, Fortify Def 2 and a Squad Ace A seal.

Rein and Ike have supports, but i don't think it matters with my strategy.

Edited by Iggy/Safer
Made a mistake with the link >.>

I really didn't like having to beat Lunatic with Clarisse. She seemed to keep dying -.-

Thankfully, I found a really good guide on YT. I think it's already been put here so I won't repeat it. I wouldn't have thought to downgrade my Xander xD 

I didn't even really plan on beating the map first try, so I'm pretty confused on how I even did. Don't know if I could replicate it. Used Horse Emblem consisting of 5* Xander, Rein and Brave!Lyn along with 4*+ 2 Cecillia to get through Infernal. All I know is Xander tanked the Blue Mage and procc'd Bonfire to kill it; I remember because I thought he was gonna die. I think he had Vantage 3 because I forgot to swap it for QR 2. Could be wrong about that, though. Must have had something to do with his S-rank with Rein, too. Can't remember if he was standing on one of the defense tiles.

Edited by saisymbolic

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This particular GHB is unkind to Player Phase oriented units in general with how it's set up. Also, because of Infernal inflation and Lyn's low defenses, she actually needs either quite a bit of help, Desperation, or a Brave/Firesweep Bow to be really effective in these. Though, someone did have Bow Lyn basically solo the Ninian and Hawkeye BHB Infernal with dancers.

My Brave Lyn did quite a bit on that particular Infernal, too- she killed four of the enemies, including the raven mage and both anti-cavalry cavalry.

Though that MVP will always be the awesome Draw Back/Swap dance I did to get Ike from the right chokepoint to the left.

My Sanaki (+Def/-Res) can solo Clarisse, the Dagger User, and even the green mage on infernal. Camus with QR3/Vantage/Ignis is great for dealing with the red units, and killing the dagger user if it runs away (just make sure you don't trigger the high Spd Swordsman special), and Nino can take care of the green mage with enough speed, I don't even know why I took Bridelia.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What's not working?

My m!Robin is doing everything he is supposed to be doing. The problem is that green mage, who always screws me over. And I have zero units with DC, so I have to rely on my ranged units. And all of my ranged units are either blue, colorless, or Julia with a bad nature.

Team: Bike, Clarisse, Olivia, Eirika

It wasn't as bad as I expected, I had to do it a few times for the Clear Lunatic with Clarisse (and kill Clarisse with Clarisse at the same time). Bike really shines on this map with his Urvan ensuring he survives anything and Steady Breath+Aether to help him heal himself to tank more.

In the end Clarisse was badly damaged for some reason and I just finished her with my own Clarisse.

27 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

My m!Robin is doing everything he is supposed to be doing. The problem is that green mage, who always screws me over. And I have zero units with DC, so I have to rely on my ranged units. And all of my ranged units are either blue, colorless, or Julia with a bad nature.

What nature is that Julia?

If you have your free Raighs still, now would actually be a good time to bust him out, even if he's only 3*. As long as he's trained, he should be able to survive the Thief's attack, and the Gronnraven Cav Mage will do pretty much no damage. In return, Raudhrwolf will decimate him. If you really want the ORKO on Enemy Phase, you could give Raigh G Tomebreaker from a Henry, but obviously you might not want to use fodder on a mediocre unit you might not use that often.

Otherwise, because of the Thief's Windsweep and the Sword Cavalry's tendency to just stay in place to Reposition the Thief away, you can actually beat these guys in a war of attrition, especially if you have healing on your side. You just need something that can do chip damage AND not die to keep the enemies busy so they don't break the wall.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Beat Infernal with my cavalry team. I would say taking out the thief should be the priority. I don't have Xander so I sent in BH!Roy to chip the Thief after cavalry buffs and took him out on the next player phase. Galeforce basically makes up for not having Distant Counter. 

Will try for the GHB rewards tomorrow.

Edited by tobuShogi

10 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I would say taking out the thief should be the priority.

He's annoying, but personally I've always taken him out last, perhaps because of how I approach this map. His low Atk and single hits and extremely non-threatening until after a few turns, but by then everyone else should be dead. If you're playing attrition, then you'd just heal off the tiny chip anyway.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

42 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He's annoying, but personally I've always taken him out last, perhaps because of how I approach this map. His low Atk and single hits and extremely non-threatening until after a few turns, but by then everyone else should be dead. If you're playing attrition, then you'd just heal off the tiny chip anyway.

He does have low attack but DB3 kinda mitigates that problem. I didn't bring a healer so I can't play the game of attrition. I just didn't like the Smoke Dagger & Salvage Blow combo so I wanted to take him out first so I can deal with the green cavalry since the remainder of my team doesn't handle the green cavalry mage too well. He's also fast so he most likely will take 2 hits to take out if playing on Infernal. 

Edited by tobuShogi

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

He does have low attack but DB3 kinda solves mitigates that problem. I didn't bring a healer so I can't play the game of attrition. I just didn't like the Smoke Dagger & Salvage Blow combo so I wanted to take him out first so I can deal with the green cavalry since the remainder of my team doesn't handle the green cavalry mage too well. I  He's also fast so he most likely will take 2 hits to take out if playing on Infernal. 

You ran through the wall to take the offensive instead, right? I just sat outside baiting with Hector and Celica, and the Thief only does fairly inconsequential damage to Hector, and not enough to be troublesome on Celica. Then I killed him during Player Phase after everything else died.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You ran through the wall to take the offensive instead, right? I just sat outside baiting with Hector and Celica, and the Thief only does fairly inconsequential damage to Hector, and not enough to be troublesome on Celica. Then I killed him during Player Phase after everything else died.

Yeah, I took the offensive approach. Baiting is more my play style but I don't like not being able to counterattack so that's another reason I wanted to take out the Thief as soon as possible. I do have a +Def Hector so technically he could have survived 4 rounds of combat from the Thief but I don't think I have the patience for that lol

My 

NON HORSE EMBLEM

clear, featuring tome team of death:

Nino [+ATK/-DEF]

Spoiler

38 HP / 54 ATK / 42 SPD / 21 DEF / 31 RES (S Support stats) 
Weapon: Gronnblade +
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura
Passive A: Fury 3
Passive B: Desperation 3
Passive C: Hone Attack 3
Sacred Seal: Spd +1

Azura [+SPD/-HP]

Spoiler

33 HP / 43 ATK / 39 SPD / 21 DEF / 28 RES
Weapon: Sapphire Lance +
Assist: Sing
Special: Iceberg
Passive A: Speed +3
Passive B: Memes of Mercy 2
Passive C: Hone Attack 3
Sacred Seal: Fortify Defense 1

Celica [+Atk/-Spd]

Spoiler

39 HP / 54 ATK / 35 SPD / 17 DEF / 18 RES
Weapon: Ragnarok
Special: Draconic Aura
Passive A: Life and Death
Passive B: Renewal 3
Passive C: Hone Speed 3
Sacred Seal: Hardy Bearing

Male Robin [+HP/-RES]

Spoiler

43 HP / 40 ATK / 29 SPD / 29 DEF / 19 RES
Weapon: Blarracen +
Special: Bonfire
Passive A: Triangle Adept 3
Passive B: Sword Breaker 3
Passive C: Hone Speed 2

This one is.... kinda gimmicky. Also, for those of you with +Spd Ninos, it no work on here since Nino has exactly enough to kill the dagger after Robin damages him*
+Spd Nino is better my a-

SO HERE IT IS:

https://imgur.com/gallery/zbYTV