I would like to say farewell.

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Shuuda said:

Whether you leave or stay is your choice, though it's evident that most people would rather you didn't leave us forever. You're probably better off listening to them, but since I am sort of "involved", I should at least say something.

You were accused of playing the victim card, and here you are, doing just that. A few people voice their dislike of you, me being one of them I'll confess, in a thread that you derailled with your usual behaviour, and you fly off the handle. The worst part is that this is not surprising at all. As far as I can see you haven't bettered yourself or taken to heart any of the lessons you should've learnt. You fall back on your easy excuse of having aspergers. Every time I see you post, it's the same over and over. For some of us, it's very tiresome.

I don't want to hear you deny it. I don't want you to reply; I can't state this enough. I'm not interested in arguing with anyone. I simply felt I had to voice my feelings on the matter.

I'm sorry, that poster's behavior was far beyond the opposite of appropriate. The fact that you agreed with it makes me wonder why you even bothered if she considers you to be a part of the problem for her.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Is that white armour comfortable? I might try it out some day.

I don't know if I'm supposed to call you a heretic, actually tell you, or explain that I mean to say that no one would tolerate them being here.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Hrm...

I'll admit that you've acted in ways that have bugged folks like me, but...well...I dunno how to put this, but there ARE still people who want you here, either for your art, for your funny behavior in favor of your "obsessions" (in quotes so as to not make you sound crazy), or just to chat. I mean, when you're in Freddy Bear mode, there's plenty of amusement coming from you. :P

That being said, there are a few things I think you could improve on, from my observations, personally...

Note: I may get sorta blunt here.

1) Don't think that arguments with you are just a case of "changing your opinion". A few debates we had regarding Tiki's voice and Charlotte's inclusion usually had you respond in such a manner when what is challenged is not your opinion, but the logic that leads you to it. If you want, maybe you can just admit that you don't understand the logic, so you and your debating opponent should just leave it as a disagreement.

2) Sometimes you come off as obnoxious in posts regarding characters or points made against you. Often, I see you using "lolwut" against things you find blasphemous, even when people back it up after that. The whole accent incident made it worse. There's also instances where you bash things when there's no point to it other than angering fans of that thing. You once responded to some Ike vs Lyn fanart by rooting for Ike to "kick her boring ass". (No one responded to you on that post, but still.) I get the "kick her ass" part, but did you need to throw "boring" in there? You make it sound like others that like her have bad taste. Didn't even throw in an "imo" like you usually do. I've also seen you praise Elincia while unnecessarily bashing Mia and Nephenee (characters with plenty of fans) when it will just do to praise Elincia. Don't get me wrong; there have been acceptable times where you've brought up those two you dislike because it contributes to the point of the conversation; just don't bash when there's no point.

3) The whole joke tolerance thing, but I think that's been addressed.

I hope I worded that as best I did so as to not draw ire. With all that said, I will say this so it's not just a post of "improve yourself": I KNOW you've been trying to improve. People say "you haven't learned", but compared to the past (back during my DarkGold days), you don't get into arguments as much, from what I've seen. That's some progress, and you should take that as a sign that you can keep improving, whether you stay or not. :)

I applaud you. The way you speak is very (there isn't an OK hand sign so just imagine it here.

8 minutes ago, Shuuda said:

You were accused of playing the victim card, and here you are, doing just that.

That's not my intention. I'm sorry if it comes off like that.

But listen, I don't understand the implications my actions can have sometimes, I'll admit that. And when I don't understand, it'd be helpful to explain it to me. What exactly is "playing the victim" and not "playing the victim"? What is the difference between looking for praise and attention and not doing that? Those kinds of things are things I'd like to know here.

12 minutes ago, Hattusili I said:

And if I may add a word of advice... When people do point out their grievances with you, and they have good reasons, take a step back and think about what they said. What made them say this? Is there truth to it? Do they have a point? It's easy to jump on the defensive, but that is not going to help you or them and will only derail whatever thread you happen to be in at the time further. 
Honestly, understanding is key. If you understand where they're coming from, then you will be able to deal with the situation better. Acknowledge their points and work towards a solution.

Alright. I understand you here. I'll try to do this. I really will.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Hrm...

I'll admit that you've acted in ways that have bugged folks like me, but...well...I dunno how to put this, but there ARE still people who want you here, either for your art, for your funny behavior in favor of your "obsessions" (in quotes so as to not make you sound crazy), or just to chat. I mean, when you're in Freddy Bear mode, there's plenty of amusement coming from you. :P

That being said, there are a few things I think you could improve on, from my observations, personally...

Note: I may get sorta blunt here.

1) Don't think that arguments with you are just a case of "changing your opinion". A few debates we had regarding Tiki's voice and Charlotte's inclusion usually had you respond in such a manner when what is challenged is not your opinion, but the logic that leads you to it. If you want, maybe you can just admit that you don't understand the logic, so you and your debating opponent should just leave it as a disagreement.

2) Sometimes you come off as obnoxious in posts regarding characters or points made against you. Often, I see you using "lolwut" against things you find blasphemous, even when people back it up after that. The whole accent incident made it worse. There's also instances where you bash things when there's no point to it other than angering fans of that thing. You once responded to some Ike vs Lyn fanart by rooting for Ike to "kick her boring ass". (No one responded to you on that post, but still.) I get the "kick her ass" part, but did you need to throw "boring" in there? You make it sound like others that like her have bad taste. Didn't even throw in an "imo" like you usually do. I've also seen you praise Elincia while unnecessarily bashing Mia and Nephenee (characters with plenty of fans) when it will just do to praise Elincia. Don't get me wrong; there have been acceptable times where you've brought up those two you dislike because it contributes to the point of the conversation; just don't bash when there's no point.

3) The whole joke tolerance thing, but I think that's been addressed.

I hope I worded that as best I did so as to not draw ire. With all that said, I will say this so it's not just a post of "improve yourself": I KNOW you've been trying to improve. People say "you haven't learned", but compared to the past (back during my DarkGold days), you don't get into arguments as much, from what I've seen. That's some progress, and you should take that as a sign that you can keep improving, whether you stay or not. :)

Heh, it is funny when I get into Freddy Bear mode, isn't it? :P

But don't worry, your post here is very helpful. I understand. I suppose I wasn't appropriate in those situations you mentioned. And I probably should say "I don't understand" more often.

I come off as too obnoxious sometimes? Alright, I can see that. I believe Lord Raven has even pointed this out before, and looking back, particularly in the NFL threads, I think I can see what he means.

And yeah, the joke thing has been addressed.

Again though, you're being really helpful here, so thanks. :)

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I don't know if I'm supposed to call you a heretic, actually tell you, or explain that I mean to say that no one would tolerate them being here.

Don’t hurt yourself if your high horse trips some day.

I personally don't know much about you besides for a few things (that one recent thread you made in General, and some of your arguments with others).

So all I can say that you can take a break for a while from this site, or do what most of the other said.

Sorry if I wasn't very helpful.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Don’t hurt yourself if your high horse trips some day.

OMG, people on Serenes are sooo mean.(thinking out loud) at least some on this thread exclusively.

Edited by 1japanfan

I've been on this forum for a few years now, and you were one of the very first persons I saw post and interacted with. Some of our opinions differ (like my love for Lyn VS. your love for Ike, me GBA>Tellius you Tellius>GBA), but I never disliked you or anything and thought we got along fine. I always thought you were given too much crap, honestly. It'll be weird not seeing you post anymore, but the choice is yours.

Honestly, I really don't see the point of making a whole thread on this. It doesn't feel nice if you're on a forum where you don't feel liked, right? That's understandable. People have stated their reasons for their clashes with you in the past, so I really hope you can at least reflect on their reasoning. It seems like you are willing to try it based on your last post here, which is good. I do have to say that making a whole thread on this doesn't seem necessary because you can just silently leave and PM the people whom you've gotten along with about it. Does that make sense? I don't really want to say that you're trying to get attention, but it sounds dangerously close to that. It just reminds me of some other threads I've seen before where people straight up announce to the whole forum that they're leaving and that causes people to give canned responses of being sorry to see them go... 

I do hope that you can still continue to talk to people you feel comfortable with though. That's always important

First of all; I'm not completely sure what are you thinking because maybe I'm not the best person to talk about someone's mental illiness even if sometimes it looks like I'm not  exactly a normal guy, but I'll say you something... Don't try to make yourself the victim; thing don't work in this way in the world... The World doesn't care if you have or not problems, you have to deal with people that sometimes won't agree with you. Would that make you feel bad? Probably, but life isn't pink; I'm sorry.

But if that isn't the case and you just want to have a rest of discussion and things like that... Well, good bye and take care Ana.

I'm not about to beg you to stay, but I am bothered by the idea of you leaving over this.

We have some legitimately toxic posters that always creep up in specific topics, but Ana isn't one of those. Being the subject of a thread derailment doesn't always equate to being the cause of the thread derailment. Ana says something or complains about something as pure opinion, then a horde of users call her out. I've never found anything she says harmful toward others. It's like I always say, we can't choose what offends us, but we can choose our reaction. And a lot of users just misreact, at least from the way I look at it. The problem comes when some users like Ana are arbitrarily held under a microscope. Users waiting for the right moment to go for the throat in an edgy response.

I hate being called out. Just this past week I was called out by a respected site contributor and I still don't understand what the problem was. My first instinct was to respond with the same level of aggression, but what I really wanted is for it to be over. I used to be a site contributor too, just not for this site or this series. I was used to that general adoration and people appreciating what I had to say. I never stopped to think how unwelcoming somebody like that could be for anybody else. 

5 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Ana says something or complains about something as pure opinion, then a horde of users call her out.

A lot of interactions with her are not limited to this in the slightest. If people disagree, why should they not express their disagreement? Should we coddle people who express their opinion as fact just because they do it so often? Where do you draw the line here?

That's what I'm not getting about what people here are saying. Should we just casually ignore people because we disagree with them or what?

The issue was far from limited to this, by the way, and I'm not in the mood to really go looking for a bunch of threads that specifically contradict your point. I think if I say "Path of Radiance Master Seals" plenty of people will remember what I am talking about as a quick example.

Edited by Lord Raven

8 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I'm not about to beg you to stay, but I am bothered by the idea of you leaving over this.

We have some legitimately toxic posters that always creep up in specific topics, but Ana isn't one of those. Being the subject of a thread derailment doesn't always equate to being the cause of the thread derailment. Ana says something or complains about something as pure opinion, then a horde of users call her out. I've never found anything she says harmful toward others. It's like I always say, we can't choose what offends us, but we can choose our reaction. And a lot of users just misreact, at least from the way I look at it. The problem comes when some users like Ana are arbitrarily held under a microscope. Users waiting for the right moment to go for the throat in an edgy response.

I hate being called out. Just this past week I was called out by a respected site contributor and I still don't understand what the problem was. My first instinct was to respond with the same level of aggression, but what I really wanted is for it to be over. I used to be a site contributor too, just not for this site or this series. I was used to that general adoration and people appreciating what I had to say. I never stopped to think how unwelcoming somebody like that could be for anybody else. 

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. It might explain why I unintentionally play the victim card like people say too. And I've even pointed out that at times, I feel like others get away with the exact same stuff that I'm called out for. But maybe I'm just more active, so with me it's more noticeable? I dunno... But I really do try not to do things people call me out for.

I must admit, I'm having trouble resisting to post, especially with a Heroes banner that includes SWIMSUIT SIX-PACK FREDERICK (and female Robin for OTP!) on the horizon. :P But I'll do my best to seriously take a break, at least until that banner drops, and then when it does, I'll just hang around the Heroes board and not really post anywhere else until I feel ready again.

I'm thinking now it's not really a matter of me not being able to be helped, it's more like...I'm not sure how to put it. Explaining things and pointing out things to me in certain ways will work better than other methods? I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

"Path of Radiance Master Seals"

This...does not sound familiar to me at all. It must've happened a long time ago if I seriously have no memory of what you're referring to. And back then, yeah, I probably was being the cause of trouble.

Well, I'll go play a game or something for a few hours. Been doing lots of Pokemon and FE Heroes lately anyway. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I may be a newly active person on the forum and I don't quite know you all that well, but it's fine to either want to leave or just take a break.  Or, like you've stated, just post on certain boards or threads that you feel comfortable in.  Plus, everyone has something to work on whether it be on the forum, reality, etc.  So take the time to work on yourself as other people should be doing for themselves.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I must admit, I'm having trouble resisting to post, especially with a Heroes banner that includes SWIMSUIT SIX-PACK FREDERICK (and female Robin for OTP!) on the horizon. :P But I'll do my best to seriously take a break, at least until that banner drops, and then when it does, I'll just hang around the Heroes board and not really post anywhere else until I feel ready again.

BEST FREDERICK EVER THOUGH!!!

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. It might explain why I unintentionally play the victim card like people say too. And I've even pointed out that at times, I feel like others get away with the exact same stuff that I'm called out for. But maybe I'm just more active, so with me it's more noticeable? I dunno... But I really do try not to do things people call me out for.

I'm thinking now it's not really a matter of me not being able to be helped, it's more like...I'm not sure how to put it. Explaining things and pointing out things to me in certain ways will work better than other methods? I'm not sure.

This...does not sound familiar to me at all. It must've happened a long time ago if I seriously have no memory of what you're referring to. And back then, yeah, I probably was being the cause of trouble.

Well, I'll go play a game or something for a few hours. Been doing lots of Pokemon and FE Heroes lately anyway. :P

That sounds like a good idea for the time being. I'll be seeing you later then and I hope the break does you good.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

3 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

I may be a newly active person on the forum and I don't quite know you all that well, but it's fine to either want to leave or just take a break.  Or, like you've stated, just post on certain boards or threads that you feel comfortable in.  Plus, everyone has something to work on whether it be on the forum, reality, etc.  So take the time to work on yourself as other people should be doing for themselves.

BEST FREDERICK EVER THOUGH!!!

Yeah, you're probably right. :)

AND YES, BEST FREDERICK EVER!

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

That sounds like a good idea for the time being. I'll be seeing you later then and I hope the break does you good.

Me too, honestly.

23 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

A lot of interactions with her are not limited to this in the slightest. If people disagree, why should they not express their disagreement? Should we coddle people who express their opinion as fact just because they do it so often? Where do you draw the line here?

No coddling or special treatment necessary. Let me reiterate: We can't choose what offends us, but we can choose how we react. One person disagrees, that's normal. But six or seven in the span of twenty minutes? That's an abnormal response. Surely some of it stems from people that have been waiting for their shot at an edgy response. I can't speak for how people feel, but I seen these patterns before I dip out of the thread and wait for the storm to blow over. And really I have to wonder why so many people care. I have family that say and believe some of the most offensive things I've ever heard, but I'm not ready and waiting for the next confrontation, I work to avoid it since I know from experience that there's no positive resolution. You either think Muslims are human beings or you don't.

If somebody's behavior is repeatedly bothering you, you can choose not to interact. I think there's a lot of users that need such a basic lesson. It's not like Ana is new. Or that most others that help derail the thread are new.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't need people anyway. I can't socialize very well, so what's the point?

BS.  I couldn't care either way if you left or stayed, you have to decide what's best for you.  But this mindset will never make you happy.  Leaving the forums to pursue real life relationships is fine, but if you truly think you don't need people, you will find yourself very depressed.  I don't think the human brain operates in isolation. 

Like I said, if you find this forum taking up too much of your time, or distracting you from real life - that makes sense.  Leave.  But if you leave to go be some hermit, you will not be happy.  I've met a lot of people who go down this road, and none of them are happy. 

If you're not good at socializing, doesn't really matter.  Most people just want someone to talk to.  Anyone can provide that.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.  I don't really know you, but you've always seemed to be a cheerful person, don't change that by isolating yourself in nothingness. 

Edited by Lushen

13 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

And really I have to wonder why so many people care. I have family that say and believe some of the most offensive things I've ever heard, but I'm not ready and waiting for the next confrontation, I work to avoid it since I know from experience that there's no positive resolution. You either think Muslims are human beings or you don't.

While I don't really think Ana is harmful as you said, that view is one that can easily be argued with, and can be worth disavowing, even if its for your own sake. It's not like we expect people to turn around and say "oh, you're right, we should treat these people as human beings."

Regardless, I wouldn't really be happy with Ana leaving like this but I hope she does well if she decides to.

I get you Ana, I myself have troube articulating what I want to say and often times I click off the thread because I don't know how to express my thoughts.

you're getting upset at a small minority on the site, I wouldn't leave because a hand few of people don't like what I have to say. I know I myself disagree with a lot of people here on political stuff, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave Serenes. I'd just take a week long break or so

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I understand the whole thing with aspergers (I also have it), and it can make it kinda hard to understand what is going on in a conversation or what exactly someone meant, especially online where it's more difficult to detect sarcasm and such.

Yea I know it's really hard, especially on subjects when you don't know everything on the matter.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I do. You're right. And it's even harder to recognize them over the internet because it's only text there, there's no tone of voice or anything to help. This is one thing I'm honestly not sure how to fix.

Heh, I see. But I don't mean sheltering myself like Corrin was locked in a fortress all his/her life, I mean just sheltering myself from other people. I'm not staying cooped up in my house all the time. lol

To those who suggested a break: I like the idea, but how much would it really help? I've taken breaks from websites and even the internet in general before, and well, you can see how things are now... But whatever the case, I should probably take some time off anyway.

For jokes, I'm not sure but for sarcasm, you can look for some words (like if the person like OBVIOUSLY, he can be sarcasm).

Yea I didn't mean that way of shelter like that but still get some social life.

I would say one week or 2, maybe even 3.