I would like to say farewell.

Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

you're getting upset at a small minority on the site, I wouldn't leave because a hand few of people don't like what I have to say. I know I myself disagree with a lot of people here on political stuff, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave Serenes. I'd just take a week long break or so

Are you sure it's a minority?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'd just take a week long break or so

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I would say one week or 2, maybe even 3.

Hmm, I don't know if I could stay away that long... Especially with that Heroes banner with swimsuit six-pack Freddy I mentioned earlier. I'm gonna wanna talk about that. :P But I guess besides that, I'll stay off other boards for a week or so.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

For jokes, I'm not sure but for sarcasm, you can look for some words (like if the person like OBVIOUSLY, he can be sarcasm).

True enough, yeah. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm, I don't know if I could stay away that long... Especially with that Heroes banner with swimsuit six-pack Freddy I mentioned earlier. I'm gonna wanna talk about that. :P

Yeah when you pull him you'll want to scream at the top of a mountain!

But with regards to taking a break, I feel like it could help too. It's not like you needed SF before you had an account, so a few days without it isn't too bad right? 

4 minutes ago, Pixelman said:

Are you sure it's a minority?

yeah, I imagine that 96% of the useres here don't care about Ana's opinion, not in a bad way Ana

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah when you pull him you'll want to scream at the top of a mountain!

But with regards to taking a break, I feel like it could help too. It's not like you needed SF before you had an account, so a few days without it isn't too bad right? 

I sure will! lol

Well...back when I first joined, I was also part of another big forum. But I'm not there anymore. This is the only one I go to a lot. The only place I can talk much and socialize on lately since I've not been able to get out much and I don't know anyone in my area.

I'm gonna be around when that banner drops, but yeah, otherwise I'll be laying it pretty low for a bit.

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

yeah, I imagine that 96% of the useres here don't care about Ana's opinion, not in a bad way Ana

Don't worry, I get ya. I don't care about many other people's opinions either in the same sense.

I don't post too often, and there is a good amount I don't agree with you with. But I know what it is like to be overwhelmied with both personal life and online life. If you take a break or leave forever, I wish you best on your endeavors.  You gotta do you. Farewell, my former fellow NC SF member

I won't try to talk you out of leaving, nor will I encourage you to do so. The way I figure it is people will do what they've made up their minds to do. However, as someone who observed the general chaos, it was a matter of everything getting blown well out of proportion, not just by you, and not just by others. I don't think it's a good decision to leave just because of what amounts to a petty squabble over a minor issue. Seriously, we're fighting over a video game. Now, as someone who's committed himself to a personal exile from this place, I don't think everyone wants you gone. I know I don't.

But in the end, it's up to you. Just don't make your decision in haste because sometimes, it can't be taken back, and I know this from experience.

I joined SF a couple of days ago, but I've been watching a lot of threads for months before hand, and you tend to get into arguments every couple of threads. I'm not going to risk sounding like a broken record and repeat what everyone has said about the victim card, opinions, etc, but I will say this. I clashed with you in the Unpopular Opinions thread, and it wasn't fun. I admit I was a snarky little ass but hey, I'm only human, just like you. I understand the temptation of leaving, but to actually go through with it? Nah mate. Not worth it.

I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't leave, quite frankly I couldn't care less, but I just disagree with one, making a thread like this because it's so damn pointless and literally 1% of people who make these threads actually leave for good, and two, leaving for a silly reason like this, you're probably never going to meet these people in real life, you don't need to feel comfortable here, you have a computer screen protecting you.

But yeah, if you're going to go, might as well go, you've made a thread, bit pointless to turn back now.

and I just completely went back on the beginning statement of my second paragraph yay I hate my life

Hm... I kind of want to give my two cents, but I also don't want to beat a dead horse, so I'll make this brief. 

I don't have an opinion either way. You can stay if you feel welcome enough, or you can leave if you feel toxic enough. But you're not going to get as many honest opinions in a topic like this as you'd like. Like a couple of people have said, this feels like an attention topic whether that was your intention or not. In a community like this, people that hardly even know you will pop up to say, "Don't go! We love you here!" Is that the kind of opinion that matters to you? It doesn't seem helpful to me even if it strokes the ego.

If you want real helpful advice about your character, talk to people via PM, the people you know will be honest. So not just close friends but also the people that are in kind of a gray zone. (The ones you argue with but can have okay conversations with.) I don't recommend talking to people that get you fired up for the same reason I don't recommend talking to your best friends. You'll get the same type of answer just on opposite ends of the spectrum. ("Don't leave; everyone loves you" versus "GET OUT OF HERE." )  

Being honest here. I think I've given you advice a handful of times, and I'm not sure if you ever remember it.

If you want to leave, then you should leave. If you want to stay, then you should stay. It's not my decision or anyone else's decision but your own.

However, what I will say is that you're going to have the same troubles you've had on SF in other walks of life. You can tell yourself "I don't need anyone else, just the friends I have", but ultimately that's not how life works. You need to learn how to understand other people, and meet them halfway. You're also going to have to learn how to tell who is genuinely being an asshole and who is being blunt but has good intentions and wants to help you, because I don't think you can tell the difference right now.

Either way, hope things work out for you.

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

No coddling or special treatment necessary. Let me reiterate: We can't choose what offends us, but we can choose how we react. One person disagrees, that's normal. But six or seven in the span of twenty minutes? That's an abnormal response. Surely some of it stems from people that have been waiting for their shot at an edgy response. I can't speak for how people feel, but I seen these patterns before I dip out of the thread and wait for the storm to blow over. And really I have to wonder why so many people care. I have family that say and believe some of the most offensive things I've ever heard, but I'm not ready and waiting for the next confrontation, I work to avoid it since I know from experience that there's no positive resolution. You either think Muslims are human beings or you don't.

If somebody's behavior is repeatedly bothering you, you can choose not to interact. I think there's a lot of users that need such a basic lesson. It's not like Ana is new. Or that most others that help derail the thread are new.

You're saying we should ignore someone if they say something that's dumb, misguided, reprehensible, or otherwise.

This is not a healthy mindset to take in all contexts. As it stands, if someone constantly does this and posts in high quantities (remember she is #1 in posts on SF) - that is impossible to ignore, especially if she consistently says things that are as I described.

The purpose of being out in any sort of public forum is to generate discussion and criticism often happens. If someone has consistently shown they can't take the heat and generally shows that they don't listen to people (despite clamors to the contrary, but there's enough proof to make an evidence.zip that proves my point) then the criticism is valid and when she's pissed off enough people she'll get plenty of people to jump on her.

Ana, I have but one thing to say to you.

You can go ahead and love your Ike, Frederick and Ike/Elincia; but if you're going to constantly abuse those who talk bad of what you like and all, that's not on, let alone throw excuses for your behaviour. Because I was not the only one capable of those words; anyone could have said that to you; and it was only a matter of time before it was to be done and said. I just happened to be the one who did it.

Also, if this is a ploy for you to inspire sympathy from all other members of this site; and you return back to your old ways when you come back, I will call you out again. I can't trust you when you've had such a long history of this behaviour. 

Have this break and have a good think on what you've done. 

Edited by Azzurohr

1 hour ago, Azzurohr said:

Ana, I have but one thing to say to you.

You can go ahead and love your Ike, Frederick and Ike/Elincia; but if you're going to constantly abuse those who talk bad of what you like and all, that's not on, let alone throw excuses for your behaviour. Because I was not the only one capable of those words; anyone could have said that to you; and it was only a matter of time before it was to be done and said. I just happened to be the one who did it.

Also, if this is a ploy for you to inspire sympathy from all other members of this site; and you return back to your old ways when you come back, I will call you out again. I can't trust you when you've had such a long history of this behaviour. 

Have this break and have a good think on what you've done. 

Never is an obscenity filled rant okay. And she doesn't abuse people. I would know, I've taken far more than I ever should've let myself take online. She might sometimes be boisterous and dismissive, but what you did was actually abuse, if not outright flaming. You are the cause of this and you know it. You should be ashamed of yourself, I sure as hell would if it drove someone as active as Ana away, no matter how controversial they are. I've never been pushed that far before, as it would take a lot more than what she posted to make me that pissed off. Also, how DARE you say that she gives autism a bad name?! Are you aware that women have different side effects of autism than men do? She tries, but no amount of trying is going to fix her thought process. Nor will it mine. I know there are many people who share your sentiment, but only you seem to have the guts to not only have her consider social life an impossibility, but also to rub it in her face that you were the one to do it. Thinking that anyone could do it is a poor defense against you being the one doing it. Accept your actions for what they were: contemptible. If you wanted her to know what she was doing, you could've informed a mod, kept it private. But no, you went on an unnecessary tangent in order to bring attention to yourself. 

Reply to me if you want, but I have never seen anyone for as long I have been around do what you did to that magnitude about something that stupid. You started unnecessary drama, and now a lot more people than just Ana are suffering the consequences, with most of them now looking at you as being at fault instead of her. I will warn you, I may not be popular on here, either, but you'll find I'm far from being the acceptable target that Ana is. And you shouldn't expect me to do as she did. 

Hylian Air Force, just stop already. You are not helping Ana by being a white knight and lashing out at everyone, acting like all of this was never two-sided to begin with. This isn't Azzurohr's fault, and you have no proof most people see them as being at fault either.

Ana, since you actually asked for opinions, let me say this. I think that your problem is that a lot of times the things you say post do affect or hurt other people, but you fail to realize this. I've seen you say things to others that you would probably hate if they were said to you (I can link to a post you made that's less than 2 days old to prove this), and whenever you're called out on it, you immediately get on the defensive. I could name plenty of other examples in the same vein of the one Lord Raven mentioned (I knew EXACTLY what he meant with the "FE9 Master Seals" thing), but I feel that really everything has been mentioned by this point.

So, do what you feel is better for you. If you feel you need a break, go ahead and take one. The forums aren't going anywhere.

One last thing, to all the people saying "I don't know you, but don't go!" you're probably doing more harm than good.

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hylian Air Force, just stop already. You are not helping Ana by being a white knight and lashing out at everyone, acting like all of this was never two-sided to begin with. This isn't Azzurohr's fault, and you have no proof most people see them as being at fault either.

Er... wasn't Azzurohr's comment the reason this thread was started in the first place?

4 minutes ago, Pixelman said:

Er... wasn't Azzurohr's comment the reason this thread was started in the first place?

A comment that, if I am to be completely honest, quite a few people probably agree with (even those who are too polite to actually say it) and had a reason. It wasn't as if Azzurohr out of the blue attacked Ana over things completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and that no one agrees with. Azzurohr posted what they did because they felt Ana attacked their friend, and brought up examples that were relevant to the specific thread. Was it a bit vicious? Yes. Was it completely uncalled for? I cannot say I think so, and I can see how it came about.

tl;dr

Even if Azzurohr's comment is the reason the thread was started, they aren't solely at fault for it either. Honestly, this was probably going to happen sooner or later and it just so happens that they were the one who said it.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

A comment that, if I am to be completely honest, quite a few people probably agree with (even those who are too polite to actually say it) and had a reason. It wasn't as if Azzurohr out of the blue attacked Ana over things completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and that no one agrees with. Azzurohr posted what they did because they felt Ana attacked their friend, and brought up examples that were relevant to the specific thread. Was it a bit vicious? Yes. Was it completely uncalled for? I cannot say I think so, and I can see how it came about.

tl;dr

Even if Azzurohr's comment is the reason the thread was started, they aren't solely at fault for it either. Honestly, this was probably going to happen sooner or later and it just so happens that they were the one who said it.

you probably didn't need to tl;dr that, kek

But yeah, I agree with this.

If I'm being grouped with the "doesn't know Ana" group, that's not exactly true in my case.  I may not know her as well as some, but I've been here a couple of years, and she's probably in the top dozen or so of people that I've interacted with.

The Aspergers aspect is not an excuse, but just something to keep in mind.  I've got probably more experience than most personally and professionally with those on the Autism spectrum.  I simply extend to Ana the same courtesy I extend to everyone.  Her general dislike of larger busted women, I try not to take too personally.  I try to be friendly to everyone, since sometimes a kind word can be the difference between a good day and a bad day.  I think it's a good policy for both sides to remember that there's a real person on the other side of the screen and not just a machine, except @Arcanite.  I can rub some people the wrong way, but it's never intentional.

If not an entire break, I'd recommend a break from contentious threads, things like SD or Unpopular Opinion threads are more likely to be contentious.

I don't think taking a break will serve to do anything other than make you feel better (which is perfectly fine, there's no point in interacting with people on forums if you don't enjoy it to some extent); it's not going to fix the fundamental issues that led you to making this thread in the first place.  Several people (off the top of my head, Raven, Elincia, Sunwoo, and Jave) have all given good advice, but I'll throw in my two cents as well.  From all of your posts and arguments that I've read (which is a lot thanks to people linking them to me on a weekly basis), my main issue with you is that you lack empathy.  Whenever someone disagrees with you in a manner you don't like, you lash out at them without assuming that they're acting in good faith.  Make an active attempt to treat other people as functional human beings and don't go off on them when they disagree with you.  Try to understand where they're coming from instead of instantly judging them.  It leads to much more interesting discourse and can even expand your world view if you're receptive enough.

52 minutes ago, Pixelman said:

Technically, it was Shuuda (did I spell that right?) agreeing with the comment that started this thread.

1 hour ago, Jave said:

One last thing, to all the people saying "I don't know you, but don't go!" you're probably doing more harm than good.

Also this.  Don't be a sycophantic suckup, kids.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I try to be friendly to everyone, since sometimes a kind word can be the difference between a good day and a bad day.  I think it's a good policy for both sides to remember that there's a real person on the other side of the screen and not just a machine, except @Arcanite.  I can rub some people the wrong way, but it's never intentional.

This is also great advice.  It's easy to treat people on the internet like shit because there isn't that physical interaction and for me at least, I do have to make an active effort to remember that there is someone on the other side (because I'm a shit eyyyy).

Edited by Refa

22 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Never is an obscenity filled rant okay. And she doesn't abuse people. I would know, I've taken far more than I ever should've let myself take online. She might sometimes be boisterous and dismissive, but what you did was actually abuse, if not outright flaming. You are the cause of this and you know it. You should be ashamed of yourself, I sure as hell would if it drove someone as active as Ana away, no matter how controversial they are. I've never been pushed that far before, as it would take a lot more than what she posted to make me that pissed off. Also, how DARE you say that she gives autism a bad name?! Are you aware that women have different side effects of autism than men do? She tries, but no amount of trying is going to fix her thought process. Nor will it mine. I know there are many people who share your sentiment, but only you seem to have the guts to not only have her consider social life an impossibility, but also to rub it in her face that you were the one to do it. Thinking that anyone could do it is a poor defense against you being the one doing it. Accept your actions for what they were: contemptible. If you wanted her to know what she was doing, you could've informed a mod, kept it private. But no, you went on an unnecessary tangent in order to bring attention to yourself. 

Reply to me if you want, but I have never seen anyone for as long I have been around do what you did to that magnitude about something that stupid. You started unnecessary drama, and now a lot more people than just Ana are suffering the consequences, with most of them now looking at you as being at fault instead of her. I will warn you, I may not be popular on here, either, but you'll find I'm far from being the acceptable target that Ana is. And you shouldn't expect me to do as she did. 

Me starting drama? There was already drama in that thread started by Ana calling out the people who hate Ike, including myself and my friend; as well as in literally any thread that even has Ike spoken of bad or at all. She also begins drama the moment she's trolled when she starts forums. I only really swore at the end by the way and said bullshit a few times;  and I did so in the same way she would swear at people as well. It doesn't have to be a direct swear for it to be considered so either if the message as a whole, is directed at the person. What you also don't know is that I've known of Ana for years on end despite never interacting with her until this very moment. I've heard everything she's done, I've seen everything she's done; and I've not seen her be once sorry and when she's been called out by anyone, she plays the victim to inspire sympathy rather than actually growing as a person and learning from her mistakes; something that you, my friend, seemingly have already fallen for.

Did you want me to sprinkle sparkle dust and treat her like a snowflake about addressing her problematic behaviour on this forum as I have seen so many people do here? Do people really think that lessons are learned that way by us as human beings? Have YOU ever learned a lesson about yourself in the softest way possible? 

I also never rubbed in that she can't have a social life. All I did was call her out on her behaviour. Read what I said VERY carefully, because you clearly did not if you are accusing me of what you are. I'm hardly defending myself saying anyone could've done it either; you clearly are very unaware of just how many people share the same sentiments about her that I expressed. What I said was an actual fact, not me defending my own hide. 

I also see that me asking why she's not been banned can be seen as abuse. But that's exactly what it was; me asking why she hadn't been, because the behaviour she's done here over all these years has more than totalled up to being ban worthy.

Also, being a man speaking about women with autism and not having autism yourself supposedly; you should shut up. Right now. Shut up, because you have absolutely NO right to speak about women with autism on those grounds alone, let alone even question that I am aware women with autism have different side effects when I myself have it and know what mine are, no matter whatever 'education' you seem to have; which so far, you are very uneducated from what I see. They made be different with each woman, yes, but they are similar and close enough for me that Ana can be so much more mature than what she has been in these forums for the past couple of years; especially knowing she is the same age as me. I also know of plenty of people with autism with tragic backgrounds who are the kindest most mature people I know; an example being my housemate who was abused as a child by his stepfather, kicked out of home when he was 17 and he is one of the most selfless, helpful, kind and compassionate person I know. He too, also has a blunt way of speaking; something he has done to me plenty of times.

Did I ever even say she can't have a social life, let alone rub in that I'm why she won't? You really did NOT read my post well did you buddy? Assuming I wrote that post to bring attention to myself, to act as a white knight against Ana? You say you're trying to call me out on being contemptible, but really, I don't know WHAT you're trying to call me out on when you've very much not paid attention to my post. I had mixed feelings when I learned that Ana was leaving because of my reply; half that it could in fact be her taking a break and thinking, but also that it's just another ploy for her to play victim. Hence why I have warned her if that is the case. 

I wrote that post with one intention; calling her out on her behaviour and making her wake up to what she's done on this site to people and how she's hurt them, let alone angered them, when they haven't even meant to or intended to anger her. I called her out on always taking everything as a personal attack to her when really, she should not; except for of course my actual reply that I've done now. 

My cutthroat way of doing it I see has blinded you to my true intentions and others, so I can understand why you would think this of me. Besides, it's not like Ana can't keep in contact with her friends or whoever are suffering the consequences with other social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Discord. Serenes Forest can't possibly be her whole and entire social life, especially when she speaks so much about her family on here and has a FanFiction.Net account too. It's certainly not mine. Hell, all she even has to do to rid of my existence is ignore me on these forums; and you too, can do that, if you still hold me so contemptible despite it all. To be honest, it's a huge flaw that we can still see quoted posts on this site; because then I really would've been able to ignore her and not feel compelled to do this, me along with so many others with people they ignore.

So Hylian, you wanted to know if I'm defending my words and actions on that post? I am but not by using other people; by using actual proven evidence and facts. I would not ever use other people to defend my actions just as I would not use my autism to defend my actions. I have used examples in this post or people and autism, but not used them to defend myself. But...if you're implying you're not popular let alone accepted by people...does this mean you're just merely going to skim over my words and insult me again? Or will you actually read this completely thorough and prove you understand some of what I'm saying? 

Let's find out, shall we?

14 minutes ago, Refa said:

I don't think taking a break will serve to do anything other than make you feel better (which is perfectly fine, there's no point in interacting with people on forums if you don't enjoy it to some extent); it's not going to fix the fundamental issues that led you to making this thread in the first place.  Several people (off the top of my head, Raven, Elincia, Sunwoo, and Jave) have all given good advice, but I'll throw in my two cents as well.  From all of your posts and arguments that I've read (which is a lot thanks to people linking them to me on a weekly basis), my main issue with you is that you lack empathy.  Whenever someone disagrees with you in a manner you don't like, you lash out at them without assuming that they're acting in good faith.  Make an active attempt to treat other people as functional human beings and don't go off on them when they disagree with you.  Try to understand where they're coming from instead of instantly judging them.  It leads to much more interesting discourse and can even expand your world view if you're receptive enough.

This, just this. Refa hit the nail right on the head. Ana, you have a very ... selfish way of looking at things, for the lack of a better word. You say that if you feel offended, then you're offended. You have a tendency to prioritize your feelings above that of others and to make judgments about people you don't even know. You don't look at how your posts affect other people.

You come off as someone who just wants to be right, and doesn't really want to understand why some people may have issues with the stuff you say or do. Instead of trying to understand people, you come off as a person who wants to grab that one thing about someone that could make them look bad (especially out of context) and harp on them forever over it without ever actually listening to the real reasons behind that "immature" thing you keep on trying to hold over them.

Again, I don't really care if you stay or leave. It doesn't affect me at all. But if you're leaving because people on SF are "mean" and because "you don't need anyone", it isn't going to help you at all. You need to understand why people get annoyed with you. You need to understand why certain people seem to "get away with things" while you don't. You need to learn empathy for others. Leaving SF isn't going to help with any of this, and the more you resist learning these things the unhappier you will be in life ... both online and offline.

25 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think it's a good policy for both sides to remember that there's a real person on the other side of the screen and not just a machine, except @Arcanite

My feelings aren't real anyway so I won't be offended :P

@Anacybele A lot of people have some good points on here, but I feel like this is getting out of hand and it'll be locked soon so I just wanted to say that I agree with some others that you need to argue your thoughts a little bit more tactfully so as to sound more friendly and civil! It gives a more enjoyable experience for everyone this way!

Comedy always helps ;)

Okay, so, uh... I see there's... quite a mess back there.

Probably best not to touch that.

However, I do want to say one thing, and that is that it's important not to let other people's opinions of things you really like get to you.
People are allowed to dislike the Tellius games, or Ike, or Frederick, or Ike/Elincia or FeMU/Frederick as ships, and them feeling as such and voicing those feelings is not an attack on you. I understand that it can feel frustrating and invalidating to hear people speaking ill of something you like, and you're not wrong for simply feeling how you do in reaction to it, but it's important to be able to just let such things go.

And, I'm not just saying this as somebody who hasn't personally experienced that; my favorite video game of all time is EarthBound Beginnings/MOTHER 1, the most maligned and ignored game in the EarthBound/MOTHER trilogy. I see it getting criticized all the time, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel it was a bit hurtful at times, as somebody who really likes the game. But, at the end of the day, throwing the chastisement back at people who talk smack about things you like isn't really going to yield any desirable result at all. It can be tough, but really, try to just let it go and not respond to it. These people really are not trying to pick a fight with you, and they deserve to be allowed to express their opinions, too, no matter how absurd you find them or how little you can relate to them.

This also goes for people who express liking things you dislike. Again, such expressions of opinions are not attacks on you for not sharing them, and even if you have absolutely no idea what those people see in whatever they're expressing fondness for and cannot relate to their feelings at all... just let it go. They have just as much right to like that thing and express their fondness for it as you do to like the Tellius games, or Ike, or Frederick, and express your fondness for them.

The behavior of leaping down somebody's throat whenever they express liking or disliking some inconsequential thing like a particular media is really not good coming from anybody, so I'm not trying to say others are exempt from criticism when they do the same, but this sort of thing is at least what I personally have observed as being the catalyst of a lot of, er... conflicts... you've gotten into.

I don't think you're a bad person, but do try to act with understanding of the fact that others' opinions, likes, and dislikes will very often differ from your own, and that it's important to accept that and to not let your inability to understand why they feel that way goad you into denouncing their opinion or starting an argument with them. Neither you nor they are "right" or "wrong" for having any given opinion. If somebody loves Lyn and doesn't care for Ike, then that's perfectly fine, just as fine as it is for you to love Ike and not care for Lyn. They're not wrong for feeling the way they do, however utterly, mind-bendingly-incomprehensible you may consider their feelings to be.

Your opinions, likes, and dislikes are all valid, and you're not stupid or wrong for any of them. I simply ask that you understand that other people's opinions, likes, and dislikes are also valid, even when they differ from yours, and that that differentiation is not in itself a slight against you or your own opinions and viewpoints.

My own personal experiences with you are rather limited, so forgive me for bringing up what are perhaps tired examples here.

At any rate, as many others have stated, whether you stay or go is your own choice to make, and nobody else's. Do what you feel is best for you, but also realize that if you consistently run into the same sort of problems in social situations, even with entirely different people and in totally different communities, then perhaps the issue causing those problems is something on your end. You aren't a bad person for this. Everybody has flaws; that's only human. Even if it's impossible to ever become a person truly free of flaws, it's still important to try to combat and mitigate them to better yourself. It's a constant battle all of us humans face, and it can be tough at times, but it's very doable.

Whatever your decision, I wish you the best of luck, both in growing as a person and in finding a place where you feel accepted and comfortable.

Edited by Topaz Light