I would like to say farewell.

Anacybele

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

If I'm being grouped with the "doesn't know Ana" group, that's not exactly true in my case.  I may not know her as well as some, but I've been here a couple of years, and she's probably in the top dozen or so of people that I've interacted with.

The Aspergers aspect is not an excuse, but just something to keep in mind.  I've got probably more experience than most personally and professionally with those on the Autism spectrum.  I simply extend to Ana the same courtesy I extend to everyone.  Her general dislike of larger busted women, I try not to take too personally.  I try to be friendly to everyone, since sometimes a kind word can be the difference between a good day and a bad day.  I think it's a good policy for both sides to remember that there's a real person on the other side of the screen and not just a machine, except @Arcanite.  I can rub some people the wrong way, but it's never intentional.

If not an entire break, I'd recommend a break from contentious threads, things like SD or Unpopular Opinion threads are more likely to be contentious.

Sorry for off topic here.

But is that kind of sickness a serious deal?

I think we don't have that problem in our country (or maybe we just don't care????).

I know there are a lot of people can die or go suicide because of online comments, but still.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

A lot of people have some good points on here, but I feel like this is getting out of hand and it'll be locked soon so I just wanted to say that I agree with some others that you need to argue your thoughts a little bit more tactfully so as to sound more friendly and civil! It gives a more enjoyable experience for everyone this way!

Comedy always helps ;)

...Wow, yeah, this did get rather out of hand. And I'm ironically not even involved in the derailment.

Everyone, just stop... Everybody. Both sides have valid points, and there's no reason to start fighting and making more trouble. Do you want the mods to give all of you warnings?

To those not really part of the conflict, I'm sorry it happened, and it was never my intention for things to get out of hand like that. My apologies.

48 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

People are allowed to dislike the Tellius games, or Ike, or Frederick, or Ike/Elincia or FeMU/Frederick as ships, and them feeling as such and voicing those feelings is not an attack on you.

Obviously. I've said time and time again that I don't care if people don't like Ike or Frederick or whatever. I even said in that unpopular opinion thread that a majority of the Ike dislike posts didn't bother me. It was when a few people started cluttering the thread with paragraphs on why they hate him so much that I got annoyed. It wouldn't have mattered if it was about Ike or some character I never heard of. It's not appropriate.

To put it simple: if I call you out for something like that, it does NOT mean I think you're attacking anyone. Just to clarify. I never thought anyone was attacking me in that thread.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, yeah, this did get rather out of hand. And I'm ironically not even involved in the derailment.

Everyone, just stop... Everybody. Both sides have valid points, and there's no reason to start fighting and making more trouble. Do you want the mods to give all of you warnings?

To those not really part of the conflict, I'm sorry it happened, and it was never my intention for things to get out of hand like that. My apologies.

Obviously. I've said time and time again that I don't care if people don't like Ike or Frederick or whatever. I even said in that unpopular opinion thread that a majority of the Ike dislike posts didn't bother me. It was when a few people started cluttering the thread with paragraphs on why they hate him so much that I got annoyed. It wouldn't have mattered if it was about Ike or some character I never heard of. It's not appropriate.

To put it simple: if I call you out for something like that, it does NOT mean I think you're attacking anyone. Just to clarify. I never thought anyone was attacking me in that thread.

See Ana, that is precisely the problem. Nobody did anything wrong in that thread. You had absolutely no reason to call anyone out.

I'm willing to bet that if it would have been a character you hate that got all those hate paragraphs (like Lucina or Micaiah, because lord knows you don't miss a chance to tell us how much you hate those two), you wouldn't have even bothered to tell people to stop.

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

See Ana, that is precisely the problem. Nobody did anything wrong in that thread. You had absolutely no reason to call anyone out.

Sure I did. SoC called me out not long ago for saying "bleh" at the New Mystery banner or Heroes, because it sounded like a puke gesture. I called out Luchi for doing pretty much the same thing, only literally saying *pukes* when referring to the Greil Mercenaries. How is THAT not wrong if a simple "bleh" is?

Why am I not allowed to use a puke gesture, but she is? This is what annoys me the most, people getting away with things that I'm called out for when I do them. And when I try to call someone else out for doing the same things, I'm the one getting called out again. And that's just one example of this occurring.

Also, nobody called out Azzurhor for her bullshit towards me, but I bet if I had been the one to make such a post towards her, that thread would've exploded! At least, that's what it feels like.

I'm not saying I don't want to be or that I shouldn't be called out for doing something wrong, I'm saying that if it's wrong for me to do, it should be wrong for anyone to do here and they should also get called out for it.

Yeah, I know, I'm probably "playing the victim card" here again. But I'm just saying it like it is and don't know what else to tell you.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure I did. SoC called me out not long ago for saying "bleh" at the New Mystery banner or Heroes, because it sounded like a puke gesture. I called out Luchi for doing pretty much the same thing, only literally saying *pukes* when referring to the Greil Mercenaries. How is THAT not wrong if a simple "bleh" is?

Why am I not allowed to use a puke gesture, but she is? This is what annoys me the most, people getting away with things that I'm called out for when I do them. And when I try to call someone else out for doing the same things, I'm the one getting called out again. And that's just one example of this occurring.

Also, nobody called out Azzurhor for her bullshit towards me, but I bet if I had been the one to make such a post towards her, that thread would've exploded! At least, that's what it feels like.

I'm not saying I don't want to be or that I shouldn't be called out for doing something wrong, I'm saying that if it's wrong for me to do, it should be wrong for anyone to do here and they should also get called out for it.

Yeah, I know, I'm probably "playing the victim card" here. But I'm just saying it like it is.

You know what? I'm not even going to bother. I give up. Five pages of thread and you didn't even bother to read it. Or you read it and already forgot.

I'm out.

5 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

Sorry, but I'm confused, what did Azzurhor do/say? Just curious, no malicious intent behind it, just making that clear.

EDIT: r-r-redacted

Edited by Pixelman

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

It was when a few people started cluttering the thread with paragraphs on why they hate him so much that I got annoyed.

Why is this wrong? They only stated the reasons as to why they hated him. It's not wrong for someone to state their reasons as to why they hate something.

I spit water all over my computer, like omg I'm not reading all of this so forgive me if a repeat something.

Even though I only met you like a month ago, my heart is still broken, however right now I am no one to change your desicion, but here is my opinion in this: Yes, you acted wrong, however just because one thing turned out wrong, you can't just give up! If I cared about every little thing that tried to affect me at this moment I would be dead of stress. And I do understand this is hard for you, but please if you ever go away, come back, there are people who care for you. Now to make this thing longer bcs I'm jealous of all the longer threads.

I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU,I'L MISS YOU!

(Also the RP is prob dead)

36 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Why is this wrong? They only stated the reasons as to why they hated him. It's not wrong for someone to state their reasons as to why they hate something.

People are completely within their rights to dislike something indeed. But hating something without giving any reason just comes across as being shallow and petty. Not to mention it looks awfully hypocritical on Ana's part when someone hates her Ike but she's allowed to hate on Lucina, Micaiah, Mia etc. Only their fans show admirable restraint and never fly off the handle like she does.

3 minutes ago, Luchi said:

But hating something without giving any reason just comes across as being shallow and petty.

Ah, I see. I admit I never read the whole of those posts on Ike, so I didn't notice they came across as such

Well Ana I can't force you to do anything but I believe you should stay, I think it will be better for you if you do. :)

What I think you could do is perhaps spend a bit less time on the forums, I know you have a lot of troubles that make it more difficult for you than for most, but online conversation is taxing for quite a bunch of people, myself included. A couple months ago I was burnt out from all the drama, the reason I haven't been caring as much is because I've been on a high and found some nice people to hang out with (both IRL and online).

You've contributed many good things to the forum as well, such as your art threads and sports discussion. I believe you're a more valuable asset to the forum than me, haha.

If you need a break, feel free to do so, but it would be sad to see you leaving for good.

Can't bring a lot of new things to the table so I'll just paraphrase the advice Sunwoo and Topaz Light gave you.

Be empathetic and stay positive.

If you have something to say, consider how you would feel if someone said something similar to you. Don't say you hate things, don't speak poorly of other peoples' opinions and don't pick fights with other people (your behavior in that Unpopular Opinions thread was picking fights). If you can't engage with people in a positive way, it is not a worthwhile use of your time. If you piss people off, you should apologize and/or cease discussion with that person rather than dig your heels in and get defensive.

Most of us aren't out to get you, but you should recognize that your behavior is largely responsible for the backlash you get.

Example of a good post: "I really love Frederick and I'm happy he's getting a special costume!"
Example of a bad post: "Stop attacking Ike! He isn't as bad as that bland Lucina or Micaiah that I hate."

3 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Ah, I see. I admit I never read the whole of those posts on Ike, so I didn't notice they came across as such

They didn't. Which is the problem. Ana's complain was that people were explaining too much on why they hated Ike. She was, quite literally, telling others to say "I hate Ike. He's unlikable." and leave it at that while using herself as an example "You don't see me writing essays on why I hate Micaiah or Camilla."

1 hour ago, Jave said:

They didn't. Which is the problem. Ana's complain was that people were explaining too much on why they hated Ike. She was, quite literally, telling others to say "I hate Ike. He's unlikable." and leave it at that while using herself as an example "You don't see me writing essays on why I hate Micaiah or Camilla."

Explaining why you dislike a character in itself is fine, but not in a generic unpopular opinion thread. If it was a character hate thread now, sure, write all you want about how much you hate certain characters.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

He isn't as bad as that bland Lucina or Micaiah that I hate."

Where did I ever say or imply this? I was never doing an Ike vs Lucina/Micaiah argument.

5 hours ago, Luchi said:

Not to mention it looks awfully hypocritical on Ana's part when someone hates her Ike but she's allowed to hate on Lucina, Micaiah, Mia etc. Only their fans show admirable restraint and never fly off the handle like she does.

...Why do I even bother.

Also, was there a reason for dissing the Ike fanbase? You can't say none of his fans are good fans. Just as there are good fans of Micaiah and Lucina too.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Explaining why you dislike a character in itself is fine, but not in a generic unpopular opinion thread. If it was a character hate thread now, sure, write all you want about how much you hate certain characters.

People were expressing their opinions on Ike because they're unpopular opinions, which was perfectly valid for the topic at hand. Character hate discussion is not (and should not) be limited to character hate threads. 

While we're here, I would like to point out to Ana: you need to understand that this is only an example of what we are talking about, and this is not the whole issue. The entire issue is much broader than some petty Ike/Lucina/Micaiah arguments.

10 minutes ago, Jave said:

People were expressing their opinions on Ike because they're unpopular opinions, which was perfectly valid for the topic at hand. Character hate discussion is not (and should not) be limited to character hate threads. 

Agreed. Expressing their opinions, even if they were quite long, on a unpopular opinions thread is perfectly valid. Especially if said character is popular.

9 hours ago, hanhnn said:

Sorry for off topic here.

But is that kind of sickness a serious deal?

I think we don't have that problem in our country (or maybe we just don't care????).

I know there are a lot of people can die or go suicide because of online comments, but still.

It's part of the autism spectrum, which I guess is viewed more or less importantly depending on where you come from. But it's everywhere.

Sorry but...are you going to leave or not? Like, I thought you'd make the thread, then leave straight after, yet you're still here?

I haven't directly responded to you,  Ana, for some time, since ultimately when there are disagreements or questions being asked of you you simply ghost. I do think that your words can come across as pretty harsh and here's a few examples of what I mean:

Immediately after someone expressed their very valid fears for what Trump's policies could mean for their family members, you gloated about Trump winning. It seemed excessively mean-spirited. A kinder alternative might've been to say 'I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope your fears prove to be unfounded and that Trump turns into the president I think he'll be.' 

Or when the polls for Heroes were open, and people were hoping for their favourite to get in the top 10 or top 20, and you kept on about how you wanted Ike to be #1 and #2. It would've been so much nicer if you could have said, 'wouldn't it be funny if Ike grabbed the #1 and #2 spots? But I would hope IS would combine the results so another character could have a chance at a special costume, too.' 

Or with the complaints with regards to characters with large busts, it could be rephrased as: 'I dislike that popular female characters are almost always given large busts. But thinking about it, the popular male characters are usually given six-packs; at least the sexes are given equal treatment!'

Also consider that, for example, if 10 people are all saying you said something racist (in the political thread), and you're the only person who disagrees, that perhaps you did actually say something racist. Everyone slips up and says something accidentally offensive at some point, the key is to acknowledge it. No one was calling you racist, just the words you used. 'Whoops! I didn't intend it that way, but now it's been pointed out to me I see what you all mean. I'll not do it again.' 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Where did I ever say or imply this? I was never doing an Ike vs Lucina/Micaiah argument.

No, but you've expressed hatred for those characters when no one asked you and it wasn't relevant to the thread.

And you're doing that thing again where you ignore advice and cherry pick things to disagree with.

These are the kinds of things that irk people, Ana.

20 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

No, but you've expressed hatred for those characters when no one asked you and it wasn't relevant to the thread.

And you're doing that thing again where you ignore advice and cherry pick things to disagree with.

These are the kinds of things that irk people, Ana.

It's not that I'm ignoring it, it's just that so many people have posted that I'm having a hard time following everything. It looks like I'm accidentally missing stuff. Apologies for that. Sometimes I'm also just not sure what to say. So again, sorry about that.

57 minutes ago, Res said:

I haven't directly responded to you,  Ana, for some time, since ultimately when there are disagreements or questions being asked of you you simply ghost. I do think that your words can come across as pretty harsh and here's a few examples of what I mean:

Immediately after someone expressed their very valid fears for what Trump's policies could mean for their family members, you gloated about Trump winning. It seemed excessively mean-spirited. A kinder alternative might've been to say 'I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope your fears prove to be unfounded and that Trump turns into the president I think he'll be.' 

Or when the polls for Heroes were open, and people were hoping for their favourite to get in the top 10 or top 20, and you kept on about how you wanted Ike to be #1 and #2. It would've been so much nicer if you could have said, 'wouldn't it be funny if Ike grabbed the #1 and #2 spots? But I would hope IS would combine the results so another character could have a chance at a special costume, too.' 

Or with the complaints with regards to characters with large busts, it could be rephrased as: 'I dislike that popular female characters are almost always given large busts. But thinking about it, the popular male characters are usually given six-packs; at least the sexes are given equal treatment!'

Also consider that, for example, if 10 people are all saying you said something racist (in the political thread), and you're the only person who disagrees, that perhaps you did actually say something racist. Everyone slips up and says something accidentally offensive at some point, the key is to acknowledge it. No one was calling you racist, just the words you used. 'Whoops! I didn't intend it that way, but now it's been pointed out to me I see what you all mean. I'll not do it again.' 

I see. I didn't know people were feeling that way about those situations. It wasn't my intention to come off that way, so my apologies. I'm not sure what else to say here other than that I'll try to sound more polite.

1 hour ago, Lautsuu said:

Sorry but...are you going to leave or not? Like, I thought you'd make the thread, then leave straight after, yet you're still here?

I'm mostly on a break (I haven't posted anywhere on the forum except here and the datamined Heroes banner thread in about a day now and I'm going to keep it that way for maybe a week or so). And I wanted to stop posting in this thread, but other people continued to post and quote me and such and I don't want to look like I'm completely ignoring everything.

Quite the mess of things going on here so I won't go and touch any of it.  Instead I will offer my personal observations and advice centered around one thing.  Perspective. 

I know you can get quite defensive about when people say certain things on the forum whether its about a favorite game or character you like its fine to have passions but some stuff really isn't that serious or at least serious to the point that it requires trying to prove that you are 100% right and the other person is 100% wrong.  So if someone says they hate Ike, Tellius, Frederick its really not worth getting all that upset about let along keyboarding away for hours at a time.  In all likelihood as passionate and "hardcore" as fans can be no one will change their opinion on the matter and all that time spent could have been better spent elsewhere such as your art or writing.  You mentioned earlier how in the unpopular FE thread how it was annoying with multiple people hating on Ike and seeing it over and over again...at that point it might be best to just leave the thread if its just irking you the wrong way.  After all its not like other people's opinions have to dictate what you like and don't and in all honesty it shouldn't.  Hell even if there are many posts at the end of the day it its just text on the internet with everyone's opinions and lets remember opinions are just like assholes every one has one and they are all spewing shit all the time (a bit graphic and I'm not trying to say all peoples opinions suck or anything like that but its the only way I know to get the point across).

At times I have seen you drag things out and fight battles that quite frankly are not worth the time on a game or whatever.  Sometimes its better to let things be not even reply.  I used to get into arguments with my younger sister all the time when we were younger and it came down to one thing:  Who got the last word in (in this form it would be post i guess) long story short it never turned out well for either of us.  At best case you are no better off than what you were and at worst feelings get hurt, people get jaded, and grudges are born.

In regards to posting and coming across in the wrong way and tone I get that its harder for some than others.  I can't claim to fully know how difficult or even to know the medical reasons/remedies to it.  However,  I would advise reading your posts and re reading them several times maybe even put it down and come back to it and see if its saying what you really want it to say.  If nothing else it will give you practice in maybe wording things better and having better context of the social situation at play.

Regardless hope whatever you do things go well for you.