I would like to say farewell.

Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well no, I won't get an exact answer. But if enough people told me I would be missed and things wouldn't be better off without me, I would have second thoughts about leaving. I'm conflicted. I don't want to be anymore trouble and all, but I don't want to leave my friends or the forum itself since it's a nice place.

So your purpose is attention and praise. All I see are people that really don't interact with you saying "well I don't want you to leave..." contrasting people who consistently have had and seen negative interactions with you simply not posting. What if the latter just don't post to not cause a stir and not hurt your feelings, and the former are posting because they think they're being nice?

The decision is up to you, but you should base it off of your own thoughts and logic and not what other people think. If you're feeling unwelcome or uncomfortable on this place, you should go, because where were these few people here when you were feeling uncomfortable? You don't seem to know them personally and vice-versa. If you've always felt comfortable and welcome here, then you should stay.

Given a lot of previous interactions we've had, others have had, and others have had watching from the outside, it would be shocking to me if you felt comfortable here.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Please stay! What about your art?

Maybe you should hang around a little longer so you can show off to everyone in the official pull topic ;)

I have DA to post my art on. :P

Yeah, that is always fun.

@Anacybele it really is just best to ignore those types of posts that might offend you or just change the subject/act like it's not there, but I think that's already been stated enough.

I don't think leaving is going to fix the problem, no matter where you go on the internet, you will run into assholes that will do anything to get in a fight with you, the best thing to do is just ignore them, don't give them fuel.

In the end though, do what you think is best for you, but I and others would be really upset if you did leave.

4 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

So your purpose is attention and praise. All I see are people that really don't interact with you saying "well I don't want you to leave..." contrasting people who consistently have had and seen negative interactions with you simply not posting. What if the latter just don't post to not cause a stir and not hurt your feelings, and the former are posting because they think they're being nice?

The decision is up to you, but you should base it off of your own thoughts and logic and not what other people think. If you're feeling unwelcome or uncomfortable on this place, you should go, because where were these few people here when you were feeling uncomfortable? You don't seem to know them personally and vice-versa. If you've always felt comfortable and welcome here, then you should stay.

Given a lot of previous interactions we've had, others have had, and others have had watching from the outside, it would be shocking to me if you felt comfortable here.

What? Where did you get the idea that I just want attention and praise? Seriously? Where did that come from? I'm not looking for anyone's praise whatsoever, I'm looking for an answer to a choice I'm conflicted on. Nothing more.

And you don't know what the true intentions of other people in this thread are, so you can't speak for them.

Also, if I seriously felt uncomfortable here, I'd feel uncomfortable everywhere, because honestly, no place has really been any different in that sense. SF is just the place I've felt the most comfortable at.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

What? Where did you get the idea that I just want attention and praise? Seriously? Where did that come from?

And you don't know what the true intentions of other people in this thread are, so you can't speak for them.

I've been there, done that. A lot of leaving threads are done for attention; I don't see this as anything special, and you have pretty much all-but-outright said you wanted praise and attention. "Do enough people want me here? I want to know!" And yet the praise I see is so light and shallow and many people here have said "I don't think you know me, but I know you" and "I don't talk here much, but it's always sad to see someone go." It doesn't actually mean anything, especially compared to multiple people who have clashed with you and are currently staying silent. And, in my case, are hesitating to recommend that you leave.

Also, if I seriously felt uncomfortable here, I'd feel uncomfortable everywhere, because honestly, no place has really been any different in that sense. SF is just the place I've felt the most comfortable at.

So do you feel uncomfortable here or not? It's a question of "how do you feel" and not "how much worse is everywhere else"? You have to be honest with yourself.

As someone who has asperges myself, I can really see your problem. I have considered a few times to leave myself, just because I felt 'left out' if that makes any sense. But, I really feel like you shouldn't have to go just because a few dickheads think your opinions are wrong! I always enjoyed talking to you (Whatever small bits they might have been), and you have always been really nice to everyone! I must admit, I have trouble myself ignoring things too, when people say the kind of things you're dealing with, but I always try. I wouldn't want to see you go. I hope you change your mind, but it is your choice of course :)

Has it ever occurred to you why you've got into to some many arguments with people? Do you ever not look over what you post and think, 'hmm this might upset some people, maybe I should word this a bit differently.' Look, I get it, I happen to be Autistic as well, so I know what it feels like to not understand thing. (for me I usually just have a hard time processing things right away). And sometimes when I'm trying to express my opinions or feelings and such, I can sometimes come off more aggressively than I attended to. So yeah, I've struggled with these things too, but you can't just keep using these things as an excuse. If some gets upset by something you said, recognize what it was you said poorly and just apologize and move on. Playing the victim card only makes you look worse and escalates the situation. And if someone is going to be an asshole to you about these things, then they aren't worth your time. Ignore them. 

Anyway, whatever you choose to do is up to, probably better just to take a break or something.

11 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

I've been there, done that. A lot of leaving threads are done for attention; I don't see this as anything special, and you have pretty much all-but-outright said you wanted praise and attention. "Do enough people want me here? I want to know!" And yet the praise I see is so light and shallow and many people here have said "I don't think you know me, but I know you" and "I don't talk here much, but it's always sad to see someone go." It doesn't actually mean anything, especially compared to multiple people who have clashed with you and are currently staying silent. And, in my case, are hesitating to recommend that you leave.

So do you feel uncomfortable here or not? It's a question of "how do you feel" and not "how much worse is everywhere else"? You have to be honest with yourself.

Attention, fine, maybe, but praise? No. Praise is "you're awesome and stuff!" I'm not looking for that. I don't care if people think I'm awesome or not, I'm looking for advice on my current situation.

I've repeatedly left forums and sites for similar reasons, because I felt too uncomfortable in one way or another. Where am I supposed to go if this keeps happening? Whether I really feel uncomfortable here or not? And then there are my friends here too. I don't really want to leave them. But this is a reason I've said I want to cut myself off from people. It doesn't seem like I'll ever find a place I'll trully be 100% comfortable in.

9 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

As someone who has asperges myself, I can really see your problem. I have considered a few times to leave myself, just because I felt 'left out' if that makes any sense. But, I really feel like you shouldn't have to go just because a few dickheads think your opinions are wrong! I always enjoyed talking to you (Whatever small bits they might have been), and you have always been really nice to everyone! I must admit, I have trouble myself ignoring things too, when people say the kind of things you're dealing with, but I always try. I wouldn't want to see you go. I hope you change your mind, but it is your choice of course :)

Really? You think so? I'm not sure I've always been nice a lot, but I do try my best to be. Thanks. :)

At the very least, I am taking a break though.

6 minutes ago, Elincia said:

Has it ever occurred to you why you've got into to some many arguments with people? Do you ever not look over what you post and think, 'hmm this might upset some people, maybe I should word this a bit differently.' Look, I get it, I happen to be Autistic as well, so I know what it feels like to not understand thing. (for me I usually just have a hard time processing things right away). And sometimes when I'm trying to express my opinions or feelings and such, I can sometimes come off more aggressively than I attended to. So yeah, I've struggled with these things too, but you can't just keep using these things as an excuse. If some gets upset by something you said, recognize what it was you said poorly and just apologize and move on. Playing the victim card only makes you look worse and escalates the situation. And if someone is going to be an asshole to you about these things, then they aren't worth your time. Ignore them. 

Anyway, whatever you choose to do is up to, probably better just to take a break or something.

Well, of course. That goes through my head all the time. I'm constantly thinking "will this upset someone?" But that honestly doesn't work much. It ends up upsetting someone anyway.

Did you see where I said in my OP that I have no excuse for my past behavior? I'm not using Asperger's or anything as an excuse for any of it. And sometimes people are victims of harsh behavior. It's not wrong to point out that you're a victim when you really are one or if you feel like you're one. Some people might not intend to make others victims, but it can still happen.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Attention, fine, maybe, but praise? No. Praise is "you're awesome and stuff!" I'm not looking for that. I don't care if people think I'm awesome or not, I'm looking for advice on my current situation.

I've repeatedly left forums and sites for similar reasons, because I felt too uncomfortable in one way or another. Where am I supposed to go if this keeps happening? Whether I really feel uncomfortable here or not? And then there are my friends here too. I don't really want to leave them. But this is a reason I've said I want to cut myself off from people. It doesn't seem like I'll ever find a place I'll trully be 100% comfortable in.

Really? You think so? I'm not sure I've always been nice a lot, but I do try my best to be. Thanks. :)

At the very least, I am taking a break though.

Well, of course. That goes through my head all the time. I'm constantly thinking "will this upset someone?" But that honestly doesn't work much. It ends up upsetting someone anyway.

Did you see where I said in my OP that I have no excuse for my past behavior? I'm not using Asperger's or anything as an excuse for any of it. And sometimes people are victims of harsh behavior. It's not wrong to point out that you're a victim when you really are one or if you feel like you're one. Some people might not intend to make others victims, but it can still happen.

I agree that you should take a break for a while

Just now, Hero_Lucina said:

I agree that you should take a break for a while

Well, then that's that.

At least for a little while, I'll be gone. See y'all around.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We've talked about this and you haven't reached out for help. From my understanding, you haven't really learned either, based on people I've seen who either talk to you or post more often than you do.

And there's been plenty of advice. Currently you have ignored much of the advice for cherry picking when you disagree with something. This has been a consistent issue with you on these forums; you can prove that you're listening by simply responding to points that you don't disagree with. In fact, you only responded to stuff I've said with "But I don't do that" (you do, I just don't want to keep going on about it) and you responded to things other people have said with "Really? You think I'm nice? Tee-hee."

EDIT: someone LITERALLY just told you what it seemed like you wanted to hear and you obliged.

I've repeatedly left forums and sites for similar reasons, because I felt too uncomfortable in one way or another. Where am I supposed to go if this keeps happening? Whether I really feel uncomfortable here or not? And then there are my friends here too. I don't really want to leave them. But this is a reason I've said I want to cut myself off from people.

Get Skype, Discord, etc. Keep in touch with them in private that way, as far as your friends are concerned.

It doesn't seem like I'll ever find a place I'll trully be 100% comfortable in.

And we've gone over this. You have issues deeper than getting into some fights on SF. Many people have attempted to point this out on deaf ears (in the long run it has felt that way). Whether or not you leave SF is up to you, but you definitely need help outside of SF, and that's my advice to you.

Edited by Lord Raven

Whhhhhaaattt? Nonsense! Stay! You know I want you to! I was looking forward to the RP. I frowned and got a pit in my stomach when I saw this. You got this, gurl!

15 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

It doesn't actually mean anything, especially compared to multiple people who have clashed with you and are currently staying silent. And, in my case, are hesitating to recommend that you leave.

It means a whole hell of a lot more than you're willing to give it credit for. I know as a fact that some of the people posting, myself included, have not gotten along with Ana during some exchanges, and still don't want her to leave, as much as some of the earlier posts speak to the opposite. You're playing devil's advocate to the "ding dong the Witch is Dead" choir, something that isn't okay. Also, I don't think they are staying silent to spare her feelings, they are staying silent because the people showing support (especially me) will administer a deserved righteous bitch slap to them.

Believe me, I'm a social butterfly here compared to in public, and even I can get uncomfortable. It doesn't help that I fluctuate between lurking and participating in Serious Discussion (imo the most toxic subforum on the entire site, almost by default). There are times that certain threads would fit snugly into a YouTube comment section rather than a well-moderated forum like ours.

7 minutes ago, Xidgar said:

Farewell I guess.

Dude, that post has zero class whatsoever. Apologize, if you want to say a so long, don't make it akin to a "Bye, bitch!" post.

1 minute ago, Lord Raven said:

We've talked about this and you haven't reached out for help. From my understanding, you haven't really learned either, based on people I've seen who either talk to you or post more often than you do.

And there's been plenty of advice. Currently you have ignored much of the advice for cherry picking when you disagree with something. This has been a consistent issue with you on these forums; you can prove that you're listening by simply responding to points that you don't disagree with. In fact, you only responded to stuff I've said with "But I don't do that" (you do, I just don't want to keep going on about it) and you responded to things other people have said with "Really? You think I'm nice? Tee-hee."

Get Skype, Discord, etc. Keep in touch with them in private that way, as far as your friends are concerned.

And we've gone over this. You have issues deeper than getting into some fights on SF. Many people have attempted to point this out on deaf ears (in the long run it has felt that way). Whether or not you leave SF is up to you, but you definitely need help outside of SF, and that's my advice to you.

I never ignored that advice! I always tried to follow it as best as I could. If I have trouble doing that, that doesn't mean I'm ignoring it. I've reached out for help before too. A number of people have tried to help me.

But then I guess that means I'm just a lost cause, because I feel like that's what you and some others would say next.

Anyone I talk to on Skype and such always disappear from there. Same with Facebook. And I never hear from them again.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Whhhhhaaattt? Nonsense! Stay! You know I want you to! I was looking forward to the RP. I frowned and got a pit in my stomach when I saw this. You got this, gurl!

I'll respond to your PMs, don't worry, Dcat. But I won't be posting on the forum for awhile. I'm sorry, and I really wanted to do that RP, but for now, it's on hold until further notice. I really am sorry.

Sweet drama.

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

the people showing support (especially me) will administer a deserved righteous bitch slap to them

Is that white armour comfortable? I might try it out some day.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

So, I've been on this forum for several years, and met lots of cool people. This is one of the best sites I've ever been on, and not just because it's a Fire Emblem one. The people here are generally nice and helpful from what I've learned over my time here. Some even helped me to improve myself.

But in light of some recent events, I would like to leave. I'm sorry, but right now this is how I feel. Apparently, I'm not wanted by multiple people here (see some recent posts in the unpopular FE opinions thread for some examples). I do think some of them blow my actions way out of proportion and twist things I've said, but I won't say I haven't caused trouble at all. I know I have at some points in the past, no matter how hard I tried not to. And there's no excuse for it.

I don't need people anyway. I can't socialize very well, so what's the point? All I do now is just do my best to keep the friends I've already made and not bother to try getting anymore. It's not worth it. I don't need friendship. I'm better off and fine by myself.

But I do appreciate those few friends I managed to get and hang onto, mainly peeps like Dragoncat, Arcanite, Randoman, Cerberus, and more. You guys are awesome and I'm thankful for you.

Shoutouts to people like Shadowofchaos and Cerberus who helped me to better myself.

And for the current PM conversations I have going on, I'll still reply to those, I just won't post on the forum anymore. This also means the After the Shadows RP is canceled, I'm afraid, unless someone else wishes to start it and keep it going. I don't really care.

However, if people don't really want me to leave, speak now. My mind can be changed. I don't REALLY want to leave, I just feel like it might be the best course of action for me and others.

Well, its not like I knew you that well. But I have seen you on forums and occasionally had short conversations with you. I am so sorry you feel this way and I will definitely miss seeing you post.

Taking a break from posting is fine, but don't call yourself a lost cause, please...I don't know what's going on, but believe me when I say if you leave, I'll probably have to leave too. Or at least not be as active.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? Where did you get the idea that I just want attention and praise? Seriously? Where did that come from?

Regardless of whether you just wanted attention and praise or not, attention and praise are what you can expect from making an "I'm leaving" thread. You can expect it all the more because this a serious-looking thread, and not just any "I'm leaving; see you in a few days!" kind of thread that pops up in FftF regularly. So if you want honest opinions on whether you should leave or not, making this thread is kind of counterproductive. Not meaning to offend, but that's just how it is.

I mean, look at all the posters here asking you not to leave and then look at how many of them prefaced that with "I don't really know you, but ..."
Also take a look at how many people are telling you to ignore "assholes looking for a fight" or something along those lines; I can assure you, most people that have grievances with your behavior are not just assholes looking for a fight, they have legitimate reasons. They, just as much as you, are people with feelings and who are unhappy about what is going on. A lot of people here are just shocked to hear that you want to leave, so they want to comfort you. That's a natural reaction. But it does not offer a fair view of the whole situation.
Again, I'm not saying this to offend, but this is how things are. Take all the posts here that include any variations of the phrases "I don't really know you, but..." and "assholes looking for a fight" with a big grain of salt.

Lord Raven and Elincia have been bringing up some good points, so I'll not repeat them here and only add what I have to add.

Now I'm not saying that I want you to leave; not at all. I don't think leaving SF altogether would be the proper course of action, but a break may be a good idea, as others have pointed out. 
And if I may add a word of advice... When people do point out their grievances with you, and they have good reasons, take a step back and think about what they said. What made them say this? Is there truth to it? Do they have a point? It's easy to jump on the defensive, but that is not going to help you or them and will only derail whatever thread you happen to be in at the time further. 
Honestly, understanding is key. If you understand where they're coming from, then you will be able to deal with the situation better. Acknowledge their points and work towards a solution.

In the end, it's up to you. Do you feel comfortable here? Do you want to be here?
Also remember that this is not an all-or-nothing situation. If you have friends here that you don't want to leave behind, but don't feel comfortable engaging in certain discussions or certain sections, then you can limit yourself to just that part of SF where you do feel comfortable. 

I wouldn't be happy to see you go, but ultimately you must choose what you think is best.

2 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

It means a whole hell of a lot more than you're willing to give it credit for. I know as a fact that some of the people posting, myself included, have not gotten along with Ana during some exchanges, and still don't want her to leave, as much as some of the earlier posts speak to the opposite. You're playing devil's advocate to the "ding dong the Witch is Dead" choir, something that isn't okay. Also, I don't think they are staying silent to spare her feelings, they are staying silent because the people showing support (especially me) will administer a deserved righteous bitch slap to them.

Believe me, I'm a social butterfly here compared to in public, and even I can get uncomfortable. It doesn't help that I fluctuate between lurking and participating in Serious Discussion (imo the most toxic subforum on the entire site, almost by default). There are times that certain threads would fit snugly into a YouTube comment section rather than a well-moderated forum like ours.

I'm being perfectly and 100% honest and throwing facts out there as I see it. I'm also not playing Devil's Advocate, because everything I am posting has literally been what I believe. You think it's fucked up for me to be honest, then?

You're not throwing a righteous bitch slap to me, so don't even go there. You clearly don't talk to the same people I talk to, that's for sure. Whether or not you're a social butterfly in comparison to IRL is irrelevant, but SD is just about the same as every other subforum on this forum. Either that or I'm a little jaded because I've been here since I was around 16 and I'll be 25 in November and I've seen plenty of dumb shit go down everywhere else. I'm also not sure why you're being so aggressive, when I've been relatively tactful up until my most recent post where I pointed out some lack of self-awareness.

But then I guess that means I'm just a lost cause, because I feel like that's what you and some others would say next.

No, it means you need much much better professional help.

Whether you leave or stay is your choice, though it's evident that most people would rather you didn't leave us forever. You're probably better off listening to them, but since I am sort of "involved", I should at least say something.

You were accused of playing the victim card, and here you are, doing just that. A few people voice their dislike of you, me being one of them I'll confess, in a thread that you derailled with your usual behaviour, and you fly off the handle. The worst part is that this is not surprising at all. As far as I can see you haven't bettered yourself or taken to heart any of the lessons you should've learnt. You fall back on your easy excuse of having aspergers. Every time I see you post, it's the same over and over. For some of us, it's very tiresome.

I don't want to hear you deny it. I don't want you to reply; I can't state this enough. I'm not interested in arguing with anyone. I simply felt I had to voice my feelings on the matter.

Edited by Shuuda

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never ignored that advice! I always tried to follow it as best as I could. If I have trouble doing that, that doesn't mean I'm ignoring it. I've reached out for help before too. A number of people have tried to help me.

Anyone I talk to on Skype and such always disappear from there. Same with Facebook. And I never hear from them again.

I'll respond to your PMs, don't worry, Dcat. But I won't be posting on the forum for awhile. I'm sorry, and I really wanted to do that RP, but for now, it's on hold until further notice. I really am sorry.

Geez. Sorry your getting so much backlash from people.

Hrm...

I'll admit that you've acted in ways that have bugged folks like me, but...well...I dunno how to put this, but there ARE still people who want you here, either for your art, for your funny behavior in favor of your "obsessions" (in quotes so as to not make you sound crazy), or just to chat. I mean, when you're in Freddy Bear mode, there's plenty of amusement coming from you. :P

That being said, there are a few things I think you could improve on, from my observations, personally...

Note: I may get sorta blunt here.

1) Don't think that arguments with you are just a case of "changing your opinion". A few debates we had regarding Tiki's voice and Charlotte's inclusion usually had you respond in such a manner when what is challenged is not your opinion, but the logic that leads you to it. If you want, maybe you can just admit that you don't understand the logic, so you and your debating opponent should just leave it as a disagreement.

2) Sometimes you come off as obnoxious in posts regarding characters or points made against you. Often, I see you using "lolwut" against things you find blasphemous, even when people back it up after that. The whole accent incident made it worse. There's also instances where you bash things when there's no point to it other than angering fans of that thing. You once responded to some Ike vs Lyn fanart by rooting for Ike to "kick her boring ass". (No one responded to you on that post, but still.) I get the "kick her ass" part, but did you need to throw "boring" in there? You make it sound like others that like her have bad taste. Didn't even throw in an "imo" like you usually do. I've also seen you praise Elincia while unnecessarily bashing Mia and Nephenee (characters with plenty of fans) when it will just do to praise Elincia. Don't get me wrong; there have been acceptable times where you've brought up those two you dislike because it contributes to the point of the conversation; just don't bash when there's no point.

3) The whole joke tolerance thing, but I think that's been addressed.

I hope I worded that as best I did so as to not draw ire. With all that said, I will say this so it's not just a post of "improve yourself": I KNOW you've been trying to improve. People say "you haven't learned", but compared to the past (back during my DarkGold days), you don't get into arguments as much, from what I've seen. That's some progress, and you should take that as a sign that you can keep improving, whether you stay or not. :)

This is the second thread in a short while you've made that is all about you, Ana, the latest being about your opinions being unpopular. As has been stated already, you like playing the victim, and you like attention, and I find it hard to believe you'd actually leave the forum due to one person calling you out on your usual behavior, seeing how that happens fairly often.