Conquest Lunatic PMU: I have a problem Edition

Ozarhok

Why play anything else when you can do your eighth Pick My Unit playthrough

Rules:
-Corrin, 9 first gen characters and 5 children will be used subject to change in the event I get a captured unit
-Children can be picked regardless if the parents are a picked unit.
-If Niles is chosen, then someone can choose a boss character for me to capture and use. The captured character can fill either a normal or child character spot.
-The avatar's bane/boon or class can be picked alongside a unit pick.
-A bond unit may chosen (please include your My Castle code and be ready to send an accesory after my first update if you choose this)
-A single Dread Fighter, Dark Falcon, Lodestar, Vanguard, Great Lord, Grandmaster, Witch/Ballistician and Anna are available.

-Classes & parents that I've already got twice are retired from being chosen, the list of retirees are:

Spoiler

Classes:
Xander!MasterNinja
Sophie!BowKnight
Anna!Adventurer
Forrest!Sorcerer

Pairings:
Forrest!Nyx
Hinata!Oboro

Self-imposed rules:
-Units who need a unit to change class from a character I haven't obtained yet will be in their default class until then
-Units must either switch to their chosen class on the map they're obtained or during the inbetween chapter intermission after that
-Children must be obtained as soon as I have both of their parents, or at the very latest a story chapter later.
-Every unit is allowed to be used until I've completed Chapter 10.
-Unpicked but forced units can be used, but only as pair-up fodder
-Battle & Visitation bonuses might be used

Units:
1. Eirika!DarkKnight(+Spd-Str)(S Arthur)
2. Arthur!Vanguard(S Eirika)
3. Effie!Adventurer(S Niles)
4. Niles!BowKnight
5. Azura!General(S Benny)
6. Selena!KinshiKnight
7. Leo!Lodestar
8. Gunter!Butler(A+Jakob)
9. Xander!BowKnight(A+ Laslow)
Children:
1. Percy!Berserker
2. Ophelia!MaligKnight(Camilla)
3. Midori!Hero(Selena)
4. Forrest!DarkKnight(Charlotte)
5. Seigbert!GreatKnight(Beruka)
Other:
1. Kumagera!OniChieftan

Edited by Ozarhok

Thou shalt have conceived in a realm fifteen million thousand thousand fathoms deep, a child of hair blonde and manner mild, of the cold seed nursed in the ambitious courtier's womb. And they shall, like giver of the seed, sit upon a fine stallion and make the edge and nature's wrath means by which to deprive foes of thy life.

Charlotte!Forrest!Dark Knight

Well this is getting a concerning lack of submissions, this is bad because this is the only way I can play Fates. I'm allowing people to submit another character, but I might have to advertise these threads to other places at this point.

I take it you want Kumagera to remain in his default class?

Also, I was going to make this playthrough the first one where I don't use visit/battle bonuses, but this is looking to be the trickiest Conquest Lunatic playthrough I've ever done.

19 hours ago, Ozarhok said:

I take it you want Kumagera to remain in his default class?

Also, I was going to make this playthrough the first one where I don't use visit/battle bonuses, but this is looking to be the trickiest Conquest Lunatic playthrough I've ever done.

Yes, keep him as an Oni Savage.

Because this is probably the most... interesting team I've had in these PMUs, I'm going to give a quick opinion on all of my units:

-Eirika: She'll probably be my quickest unit by a bit. the lack of strength may hinder her sword use on promotion, but the Yato should be powerful enough for high resistance units.
-Arthur: Being a Vanguard is basically a better Hero and Veteran Intuition fixes his greatest flaw. I expect him to be one of my MVPs, as long as he doesn't get Speed screwed.
-Effie: She's usually great in any physical class, but Adventurer isn't taking much advantage of that on account of she'll be healing most of the time upon promotion.
-Niles: He'll make a good mage killer, and still do decent damage later with the Shining Bow. Shuriken Breaker will also be great for Chapter 25.
-Azura: She'll probably turn out a lot like General!Effie, but with good enough speed to not need Wary Fighter. Naginata as her default class weapon will make transisitioning into a Knight a lot easier.
-Selena: Looks like a solid flyer, but I'm worried about that low-ish Strength growth, her Strenght hasn't been good to me in previous playthroughs.
-Leo: I don't have much hope for his offence but he might be decent at dodging axes.
-Gunter: With his poor stats, I doubt he'll be doing much more than healing, other than the rare shuriken debuff.
-Xander: He'll be a bit more well-rounded than a Paladin and Bows will be very useful against Ninjas, despite how he turns out he'll make Chapter 25 so much easier
-Percy: A bit worried that his mother might affect his Strength growth a bit, but his Speed will be amazing. I don't know whether to pass on Dragon Fang or Heartseeker to allow him to use Gamble with no penalty.
-Ophelia: She has a great mother and a good promoted class, she's probably going to be great, with her only problem being her pre-promotion probably being a bit iffy.
-Midori: I've never got a Midori yet with good Strength, and with Selena as her mother I doubt she'll do all that well in combat.
-Forrest: I'm worried about his offence, and even more worried about his durability. I don't know if he'll be able to do anything other than take magic hits.
-Seigbert: Looks like a great tank, but I'm worried about his speed. He'll probably turn out just fine.
-Kumagera: He'll be my best tank and Axe user for a long time, hopefully he doesn't fall off hard.

Other noteworthy things:
-This is my first playthrough of Conquest Lunatic without a Witch. They were invaluable in Chapters 21, 23 & 25 with their warp, and the lack of one is one of the biggest reasons why I'm using battle/visit rewards.
-Of the fifteen units I have, eight of them will not class change into E rank weapons (if they even class change in the first place), and two of them will regain the use of the weapons from their original classes.
-Azura's unique ability is the only non-vulneary healing I have during Chapters 11-15 and all of the Prolouges I do during that time.

Stuff:

Chapters 1-6

I got these down pretty easily after doing them for seven other times. Though I was able to come up with a better strategy for Chapter 2 and beat Chapters 3 & 6 on my first try.

Chapter 7

I got this Chapter down to the point where I can do it on my first try easily, but that didn't happen because I forgot about all of the boss' nasty skills and had to redo it once.

Vanguard Dawn

I had to kill all of the units below where everyone started by turn 5 and have Arthur block the left side and Silas block the right side then wait it out. A lot of tonics were necessary for this, I had to sell my (useless) Spy Shuriken to pay for all of them.

Chapter 8

This was actually kinda hard, I had to send Silas along with Niles & Odin to get to the bottom-left village in time, and I had to ignore every village until the end in order to prevent the lancers from getting to more than two villages.

Chapter 9

An easy chapter, but I still manage to get someone killed a few times. I keep forgetting about that enfeeble Shrine Maiden.

Chapter 10

This was actually the hardest this chapter has ever been. My units weren't strong or tanky enough for my usual strats, so this took a lot of attempts to get right. Notable things I did were Effie taking out all of the reinforcement archers on the right and Arthur taking on all of the Oni Savages at the bottom right and not taking much damage.

Paralouge 19

Probably the easiest this chapter has ever been. Camilla on the left and Arthur on the right could lure pretty much every enemy and not take too much damage, then I'd use the Dragon Veins the next turn. When Percy's wyverns came down, I jsut had either Niles or Effie in their maximum range and they'd get killed easily.

Paralouge 20

The more I play this chapter, the better I get at it. Everyone ewent to the top right to stop the initial Outlaw, then somewhere in the middle to take on the bosses units, then to the top when those reinforcements came. Arthur paired with Selena took care of all the bottom reinforcements by themselves.

Stats:

Class        Level HP   Str  Mag Skl Spd  Lck  Def  Res
Eirika   Dark Mage    13.97 25   5    13  14  14   13   10   12
Arthur   Vanguard     15.05 30+5 24+3 0   16  13-1 6    20   8
Effie    Outlaw       14.36 26   14   1   9   18   13   10+2 12
Niles    Outlaw       13.75 25   12   6   12  18   8    10   16
Azura    Songstress   7.02  17   8    2   13  10   9+4  4    11
Selena   Sky Knight   11.58 23   11   3   10  17   12   8    12
Percy    Fighter      12.02 26+2 13+2 1   16  14   18   13   5
Ophelia  Wyvern Rider 11.33 25   11+2 7   13  13   14   11   7