Are There Multiple Chances to Get the Gossamer Hair?

I finished my first playthrough of echoes a while ago, and I'm working on my second file. I wanted to complete all the side quests in this run, but I think I may have messed up the eerie hermit's quest. I know you need to have the gossamer hair in your inventory when you talk to him the second time, but I gave my gossamer hair to Celica. I then proceeded to give the hair to the fisherman who can catch a dagon for you (which is needed for another quest). I'm worried about having a second chance to get the gossamer hair, are there any?

You need the gossamer hair for the eerie hermit? I thought it was only used for the fisherman. And the eerie hermit was only some enemy extermination or something.

As to whether there's multiple chances to get it, I don't think so. I cleared all the free content, and I only got the one.

Yeah, I don't remember needing the Gossamer Hair twice either.

Anyway, to confirm, I do not recall any other chances to get the Gossamer Hair, so if you accidentally tossed it before doing the fisherman quest, you won't be able to do it. (But you can get Dagon Fillets via other means.)

There is a "chance" of Duma's Apostle and Mila's Servant dropping Gossamer Hair, but since they already have a held item, they will never drop it. Unless you can encounter one without a held item that I forgot about.

Gossamer Hair is a 5% drop from Mila's Servant or Duma's Apostle (and while it doesn't say it on the site, I'm pretty sure it's strictly referring to dragons).  I'm not sure if either of these enemy types show up in the postgame, though, so you may have to rely on DLC to get more.

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

There is a "chance" of Duma's Apostle and Mila's Servant dropping Gossamer Hair, but since they already have a held item, they will never drop it. Unless you can encounter one without a held item that I forgot about.

I remember you fighting a group of three dragons once (not undead), so there should be a chance.

That being said, the Eerie Hermit definitely doesn't require it.  You can read more about quests here: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/sub-quests/

Edited by Refa

8 hours ago, Refa said:

Gossamer Hair is a 5% drop from Mila's Servant or Duma's Apostle (and while it doesn't say it on the site, I'm pretty sure it's strictly referring to dragons).  I'm not sure if either of these enemy types show up in the postgame, though, so you may have to rely on DLC to get more.

I remember you fighting a group of three dragons once (not undead), so there should be a chance.

That being said, the Eerie Hermit definitely doesn't require it.  You can read more about quests here: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/sub-quests/

That's odd...I cleared the trial he was talking about, but when I went back to him he didn't say anything new. I figured the gossamer hair was "proof" of sorts.