Male Robin & Lissa potentially confirmed

Jedi

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, KongDude said:

I seriously want to know how healers work in this game. In a game that consists of a lot of hack n slash, how exactly will healers be effective?

They might just give her an axe.

Just now, KongDude said:

Even then, there is still the possibility of healers being playable, if not Lissa.

Lianna has a stave, which was shown in her inventory too, if you read my article on the video analysis stuff. It looks to be more menu based stuff.

I'm very interested to see the kind of moveset they'll do for Lissa.  Her wielding an axe would be really cool.  Though if they can do a stave, I'd be down for that too.

Male Robin is kinda a given soooooo.

YES! That means I have one character I would automatically main confirmed!

Since it's Lissa, and we know that Staves function  like items for healing purposes, I'd say she could potentially wield an axe.

2 hours ago, KongDude said:

I seriously want to know how healers work in this game. In a game that consists of a lot of hack n slash, how exactly will healers be effective?

Healing staves have a function in FEW, according to e3 Lianna having the option to heal an allied unit. I guess it'll be more for having a healer on your team, switching to them for party heals once the on-map items are all used (kinda like a more complicated version of Samurai Warrior's item sets).

There are probably multiple different staves present in-game. Who knows, we could get buffing staves, fortify, physic, berserk, etc. Liss could also just beat the ever-loving stuffing outta fools with said staves.

I'm excite. Lissa is one of my favorite Awakenings. Hopefully we get an official news article or website update concerning this soon!

Can't say I'm surprised. Robin was all but guaranteed to be in the game, and Lissa wasn't much of a stretch either.

My only question is whether or not Robin will be using magic or if he'll be stuck using a Levin Sword.

Hell, with the way they're promoting the game, I wouldn't  be surprised if they just made Lissa use swords too.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

And 

This pretty much confirms that was spoiling stuff.

How likely are the chances that the next characters confirmed will be Robin, Lissa, and Lucina due to the this?

EDIT:

@Robert of Normandy I'm going to guess that his main weapon will be tomes, since the Levin Sword could be an uncommon sword that could allow sword users to deal magic damage in this game.

Edited by Folt

27 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

My only question is whether or not Robin will be using magic or if he'll be stuck using a Levin Sword.

Seeing as how Corrin has her dragonstone integrated into her sword moveset, they might make Robin a thunder mage swordsman, but you can switch out his swords, or something.

It's hard to tell because we really know precious little about how weapons work in the game right now.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

They might just give her an axe.

They could also give her magic. She does have a special sage costume as well (Emmeryn's dress). Still, those sprites are pretty low resolution. It looks like male Robin and Lissa, but the Robins do look pretty similar though the hair looks shorter.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

They could also give her magic. She does have a special sage costume as well (Emmeryn's dress). Still, those sprites are pretty low resolution. It looks like male Robin and Lissa, but the Robins do look pretty similar though the hair looks shorter.

Well, here's the default Robin sprites:

Looking at the blurred pic, I'd say twintails are definitely out.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Well, here's the default Robin sprites:

Looking at the blurred pic, I'd say twintails are definitely out.

Would have to agree. Well, this all puts my mind at ease then. My two must haves are seemingly confirmed if that second "Marth" really is Lucina. This also means we potentially have 4 of our Awakening reps now and only one of them is mildly surprising. Not that I have a problem with that. It does go ahead and get the obvious ones out of the way.

Aww cool! Lissa should be interesting to see! :)

In regards to weapon types (not necessarily with Robin and Lissa only) is there any way characters will double up on weapon types? For instance, Robin would use both swords and magic, which you pick before the start of the map (or during I guess).

I've only seen Hyrule Warriors, so I don't have much to go on... ^^;

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm still salty with their decision to only use characters from those 3 games

I'm pretty exicted to see how they can make a healer fight

Bowstaff, anyone? It would be out of character, but they could just have her beating people with the staff.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Bowstaff, anyone? It would be out of character, but they could just have her beating people with the staff.

THIS WOULD BE THE MOST HILARIOUS THING

Don't have any issue with M!Robin. Lissa on the other hand... well she has personality- more than Lena and Maria (the likeliest of choices for an Archanean staffer barring a joke Wrys) honestly do. If Lissa gets in, I'm expecting Elise will be our horsey staffer, and from that, it'd be asymmetrical to leave out our cherry blossom girl. If the former gets axes (or just swings a staff around like Zhang Jiao or Zhou Yu), the second magic, and the third bows- we have variety enough. KT might save infantry magic + staffs to Merric/Linde- because what would the difference be between Linde and Lissa if both were Sages? That one started as a staffer and the other a tome user makes no difference (well KT could try if really wanted to).

31 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If it's good enough for Cassius Bright, I'm sure Lissa can handle it.

Lissa's probably the best choice for a healer, realistically. All of the Archanean healers are pretty boring (except Wrys, who's pretty much just a meme). Honestly the Fates ones are pretty bad too, with Elise only being popular because she's an underage sister who is also an underage sister.

The fact that she can promote into an Axe User, if utilized in this game, would also make her extraordinarily unique. Libra's pretty whatever and I don't think anyone else has that particular combination (i.e. staff/axe) in the games in question.

Well, I think most of us knew Robin was gonna be in the game, so nothing new there...  Same with Lucy.

I guess Lissa isn't too much of a surprise, either.  Though I'm not too sure if that means we'll get the little sisters of Fates... tbh, my personal preference would be Forrest, but I have huge bias for him comparatively.  Forrest and Mitama if I lived in a perfect world.  If we're talking Archanea... really, the only good choice is :Wrys:  Though if I'm gonna be real, I think most other "healer positions" will just be given to sage types, Merric and all.

Regardless, with War Cleric being a thing, I'm pretty sure this means we have our hands on our first axe user.  Or magic user if she goes the sage route.  Or both?

Goddamn, though, why do they feel the need to be so tight-lipped about this?

Good to see we now have other characters that are not sword users
but oh look, another sword user and another one who is Lucina
M!Robin, both uses sword and magic after all. Also if Lucina is potentially confirmed, we know that she both uses a sword and lance when her class is upgraded in Awakening
I still wonder if this game will have things like master seals but eh, we'll find out.

I mean, in regards to Lissa's move set, it is perfectly possible to use her healing staff as a bludgeon while using magic as a sort of "aura" to either damage enemies or buff herself/allies. There's a character in SW named Aya that basically does this, which is what I first thought of in terms of Lissa. Add in some personal touches, and there you go.