Male Robin & Lissa potentially confirmed

Jedi

49 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I mean, in regards to Lissa's move set, it is perfectly possible to use her healing staff as a bludgeon while using magic as a sort of "aura" to either damage enemies or buff herself/allies. There's a character in SW named Aya that basically does this, which is what I first thought of in terms of Lissa. Add in some personal touches, and there you go.

As long as she doesn't play like Schierke in Berserk I don't have a problem with that

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Bowstaff, anyone? It would be out of character, but they could just have her beating people with the staff.

Ngl I'd pay to see her go all Martial Artist on peoples asses.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

That's the thing, for it feel in character, she would have to be more crude and less master bowstaff user.

Just me being nitpicky but its Bo Staff :P: 

But yeah that'd be really great, two of my favorite RPGs have bo staff wielders, Zhou Yu uses a Bo in the recent Dynasty Warriors games, and of course I love Donatello from the Ninja Turtles so I'm all for it!

Lissa is in? While I shouldn't really be surprised after learning about Staves from the E3 videos, I didn't really think Healers would make it into Warriors. Of course, I was basing this more off of their "staff-only" gimmick instead of whatever weapon they may gain on promotion (Elise -> Tomes, Sakura -> Bows, Lissa -> Axes), but this revelation throws off my character predictions a bit. The next thing that will surprise me is if they include dagger users which will toss my predictions entirely out the window.

M!Robin and Lucina being in was expected though. I wonder how both characters will play. Will Robin be more of a mage or stay a hybrid between swords and tomes (like F!Corrin does with her sword and dragonstone)? Will Lucina get a unique moveset with her Parallel Falchion, or will she use something else?

As of present, Awakening has its obvious hero representatives in (Chrom, M!Robin, Lucina, Lissa). All that is really left for Awakening is a villain (personally hoping for Walhart and Grima) and bonus characters. I think Tharja is still a strong possibility, but I would like to see Kellam, Virion, Severa, Inigo, or Owain instead. Considering that Lissia is in, if any of the other child characters have a chance, I would say Owain (or Odin). This gathering of heroes is too good for him to pass up...

I've said before that a good way to make healers fight, besides letting them use the staves as melee weapons, is to give them some of the more exotic non-healing staff magic, and maybe fold some of Gaiden's Cleric/Saint attacks into it.

Seraphim as a projectile attack, Expel as a radius attack, Invoke as a move similar to Cia's Dark Link summon, Entrap to pull enemies into some kind of attack (or just teleport them several dozen feet in the air and let them fall), Freeze as a stun attack, ect.

You could also just fold Light Magic in general into staff movesets.

I'm glad Lisa seems to be in. She's a good choice, being both prominent and well liked. Lisa also has potential as one of the axe users representing Awakening because pretty much no one would get exited about Vaike. Cherche could be possible but in the gameplay department she's made obsolete by Camilla who's pretty much guaranteed to be in. 

I don't really have an opinion of Robin because I don't need to have one. He was always getting in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm glad Lisa seems to be in. She's a good choice, being both prominent and well liked. Lisa also has potential as one of the axe users representing Awakening because pretty much no one would get exited about Vaike. Cherche could be possible but in the gameplay department she's made obsolete by Camilla who's pretty much guaranteed to be in. 

I don't really have an opinion of Robin because I don't need to have one. He was always getting in the game. 

...I'd have liked to have The Vaike, actually.

Basilio could have actually gotten in as an axe user too, given his unique niche of also using bows.

I'm glad Lissa has a chance of getting in - it gives me someone not named Lianna to actually care about *still apathetic about most everyone else*.

It would be exciting if Lissa could use an axe.  I'm not really surprised that either of them are in though, I think most people were expecting it.

8 minutes ago, BakanGin said:

I'm thinking that there's a possibility of them adding characters fromSoV. My hope would then be Atlus or Grey.

Alm & Celica if we're lucky to get SoV at all tbh.

Surprised nobody has brought up Lucina very likely being in yet. I mean it isn't any surprise to anyone really, but not one person has posted as much as a "yay I love Lucina" or "ugh, yet another sword user, a Marth copy at that- get your marketing together KT!".

Let's just hope for the best, shall we? Think of it like this- we'll be so amazed (or severely disappointed- but think positive) when the game finally releases and we see the world beyond rapiers and katanas and chainsaws and broadswords.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Surprised nobody has brought up Lucina very likely being in yet. I mean it isn't any surprise to anyone really, but not one person has posted as much as a "yay I love Lucina" or "ugh, yet another sword user, a Marth copy at that- get your marketing together KT!".

Let's just hope for the best, shall we? Think of it like this- we'll be so amazed (or severely disappointed- but think positive) when the game finally releases and we see the world beyond rapiers and katanas and chainsaws and broadswords.

Uh, yay Lucina? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have her practically confirmed, but most people were expecting it. I'm just glad I don't have to worry anymore. I did think that since Chrom uses Ike's Aether, maybe Lucina could use the Awakening one-two. They could even add some flare by adding a backflip on the first hit.

Lucina getting into this game is less surprising than water being wet. She's by far the most popular character from her game and the third most popular from the entire series -- and unlike Lyn and Ike, she didn't even have the advantage of an entire game's fanbase rallying behind her on principle, which ought to at least make things even.

Of the three creepily devoted fanbases she's the only one who is in a game that already has been officially confirmed. There was practically no need to even mention it because Lucina getting disproportionate attention is the norm rather than the exception. Her presence is no more a surprise than the sun or the moon; her fans can count on being pandered to as they always are, and only the most deluded of those who dislike her would expect it to suddenly cease in a game like this. There is thus no need to react. 

Like, Chrom is more of a surprise than she is. 

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

Lucina getting into this game is less surprising than water being wet.

Absolutely.  Beautiful.  I couldn't have put it better myself.

There's really no shocker about Robin, Lissa and Lucina being in. I do wonder who the SD representatives will be, obviously Marth, but also Caeda and maybe Merric or Linde? Young Tiki definitely...still holding out hope for Xane.

Edited by Lautsuu

20 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

There's really no shocker about Robin, Lissa and Lucina being in. I do wonder who the SD representatives will be, obviously Marth, but also Caeda and maybe Merric or Linde? Young Tiki definitely...still holding out hope for Xane.

Gordin, Cain/Abel, Draug, Jeorge, Jeigan, Merric & Linde, Camus, Hardin or the white wings probably have the best shot.

Edited by Jedi

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Gordin, Cain/Abel, Draug, Jeorge, Jeigan, Merric & Linde, Camus, Hardin or the white wings probably have the best shot.

I don't think they'll put the White Wings in if they've already got Caeda (I highly think she's a given), and there's no doubt in my mind that they'll put Cordelia in, Hinoka too. However, that's not to say that I don't want the White Wings, if I had it my way I'd just dump every character into the game.

Draug is getting more attention nowadays, thanks to TMS and Heroes, and everyone else too...I also reckon Minerva and Navarre will get in too, but...Xane.

Xane would be unique in that he's a shapeshifter, this will give him a lot of diversity, I suppose. I just really love Xane.

2 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

I don't think they'll put the White Wings in if they've already got Caeda (I highly think she's a given), and there's no doubt in my mind that they'll put Cordelia in, Hinoka too. However, that's not to say that I don't want the White Wings, if I had it my way I'd just dump every character into the game.

Draug is getting more attention nowadays, thanks to TMS and Heroes, and everyone else too...I also reckon Minerva and Navarre will get in too, but...Xane.

Xane would be unique in that he's a shapeshifter, this will give him a lot of diversity, I suppose. I just really love Xane.

Xane would provide something very unique I agree, I'm just not sure if he has the popularity or archetype starting power.

8 hours ago, Iridium said:

Her presence is no more a surprise than the sun or the moon; her fans can count on being pandered to as they always are, and only the most deluded of those who dislike her would expect it to suddenly cease in a game like this. There is thus no need to react.

Which is one of my issues with most of her fanbase: they're getting spoiled with all the pandering. 

@Jedi: You seem to be forgetting Wrys and his potential as a joke character (staff and/or axe). I wouldn't be surprised if even Wendell could end up making it into the roster.

Xane, on the other hand, is a shape-shifter that could transform into any ally character outside manaketes in Shadow Dragon so implementing him in Warriors would be quite interesting and odd. Maybe a jack-of-all-trades using weapons and attacks from different characters? A mix of them...kinda like how Bartz fights in the Dissidia games? 

Yaay! Male Robin! Now I'm appropriately hyped!

I mean, I was gonna get it anyways cuz I just can't say no to a Fire Emblem themed Warriors game but now I have my favorite non-Ike character in so I'm glad! Can't wait now!!!

Very curious about Lissa, too! I loved her a lot in Awakening and I'm half thinking she's gonna switch between axe and buff/healing a la War Cleric or just beat up people with a Mend staff and both are honestly too good to pass up. Now I just need Owain (seriously how can you have a game like this and not have the biggest FE fanboy in it?) and I'm content.

Question though... how likely is it that we'll see characters that only work as Support Bonus units? Like, units you can't play as, but you can unlock and "equip" to other characters for Dual Strikes and stat bonuses? Because that could be it for non-fighters like the healers and such. (Not that I want that for Lissa but its still odd how she managed to get in despite being a non-fighter in her base class)

Not surprising in the slightest, M!Robin is more popular.

Although, I wonder if there will be alts for M!Robin and F!Corrin with M!Corrin and F!Robin.

M!Robin and Lucina come as no surprise, the former is the more popular of the two Robins and he has Smash popularity, general popularity, and unique moveset potential in wielding tomes, so he was pretty much a given. Lucina is in the same boat, except she has a huge amount of popularity in trade for some uniqueness, it was just a matter of when we'd hear of her, not if.

Lissa is a bit more of a surprise, she's decent in popularity and has story involvement to an extent, but as a healer I didn't pay her much mind. Still, it will be interesting to see what they pull off with her, particularly depending on whether they go the sage route, nuns with axes route, or just use the staff as her weapon.

Edited by Medeus