Male Robin & Lissa potentially confirmed

Jedi

On 6/28/2017 at 10:55 AM, Captain Karnage said:

I'm still salty with their decision to only use characters from those 3 games

I'm pretty exicted to see how they can make a healer fight

I honestly kinda expected it to only be those three games..if only because Hyrule Warriors initially only used characters featured in Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword..along with OCs and OC renditions of reoccurring characters Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Impa.

I fully expect to see more Fire Emblem games get their characters included as DLC, perhaps even with DLC storylines since they naturally won't have a Legends style port this time.

It's probably just easier to focus on three games to build a nice roster rather then trying to pull from every game in the series and try to fit them into the narrative.

Edited by Deva Ashera

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

It's probably just easier to focus on three games to build a nice roster rather then trying to pull from every game in the series and try to fit them into the narrative.

I think there's a benefit to it in at least three ways:

1. Easier to fit into the narrative.
  2. Easier to write relationships between both major and minor characters, not only because characters coming from the same game can have pre-established relationships with one another, but also because more restricted cross-game relationships can also make for easier writing of those.
  3. Class and weapon balance. Awakening and Fates's classes are extremely varied and fill multiple roles and are at times rather different from the equivalent class of older Fire Emblems.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:23 AM, Lord-Zero said:

Which is one of my issues with most of her fanbase: they're getting spoiled with all the pandering. 

@Jedi: You seem to be forgetting Wrys and his potential as a joke character (staff and/or axe). I wouldn't be surprised if even Wendell could end up making it into the roster.

Fair, but i'm not sure if we have room for joke characters in the beginning roster, Hyrule Warriors waited for DLC to put in its for instance. "But what about Agatha" she isn't really treated as one in game.

Edited by Jedi

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Fair, but i'm not sure if we have room for joke characters in the beginning roster, Hyrule Warriors waited for DLC to put in its for instance. "But what about Agatha" she isn't really treated as one in game.

Is anyone treated as a joke?

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Certainly not Linkle, the gal who sings the "treasure get" fanfare when she performs a special attack, totes around dual crossbows like she's freakin' Max Payne, and who is basically a Link wannabe.

I'm with Jedi; we're probably not getting joke characters in the base game.  We have so many characters already who could be genuinely serious warriors, they don't need to fill the game with characters who are entirely gags.  Barring the fact that a number of Fates/Awakening characters are intentionally made for gags.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

He may be a joke, but he can still fight effectively. He's not Pichu levels of terrible.

Yeah, the joke characters/weapons are normally pretty OP in Warriors games once they pass a certain threshold. Inb4 we get Donnel.

32 minutes ago, Escalario said:

Yeah, the joke characters/weapons are normally pretty OP in Warriors games once they pass a certain threshold. Inb4 we get Donnel.

Kotaku straight-up asked them about it and they gave a wonderful non-answer calling him a "fan favorite".

I'd say he has decent chances, TBH.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:14 PM, Folt said:

I think there's a benefit to it in at least three ways:

1. Easier to fit into the narrative.
  2. Easier to write relationships between both major and minor characters, not only because characters coming from the same game can have pre-established relationships with one another, but also because more restricted cross-game relationships can also make for easier writing of those.
  3. Class and weapon balance. Awakening and Fates's classes are extremely varied and fill multiple roles and are at times rather different from the equivalent class of older Fire Emblems.

Yeah, and a 4th one as well, we're they to include other games, they'd likely have to include the main lord or lords from each title..or at least feel like they'd have to..giving us more sword users and fill the roster with mostly main lords while having only three games as the focus allows them a larger pool of characters to pull from, ironically enough. They'd have more freedom with DLC character choices though, most likely...even if I'm expecting mostly lords (Ike, Lyn, Roy, and Hector, for example)

Edited by Deva Ashera

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Depends on the Warriors game but there is usually a huge buttmonkey in most of them.

On 6/28/2017 at 8:38 AM, Iridium said:

If it's good enough for Cassius Bright, I'm sure Lissa can handle it.

Lissa's probably the best choice for a healer, realistically. All of the Archanean healers are pretty boring (except Wrys, who's pretty much just a meme). Honestly the Fates ones are pretty bad too, with Elise only being popular because she's an underage sister who is also an underage sister.

The fact that she can promote into an Axe User, if utilized in this game, would also make her extraordinarily unique. Libra's pretty whatever and I don't think anyone else has that particular combination (i.e. staff/axe) in the games in question.

Malliesia would like a word with you. JK, only her ending is really interesting though.

8 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

He may be a joke, but he can still fight effectively. He's not Pichu levels of terrible.

A joke character in a Warriors game isn't necessarily ineffective just odd or animated weird. That is why many people consider Tingle to be a joke character about example is the playable grunt from the Fist of the North Star Warriors game who literally throws his own Mohawk for his super move.  

9 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yeah, and a 4th one as well, we're they to include other games, they'd likely have to include the main lord or lords from each title..or at least feel like they'd have to..giving us more sword users and fill the roster with mostly main lords while having only three games as the focus allows them a larger pool of characters to pull from, ironically enough. They'd have more freedom with DLC character choices though, most likely...even if I'm expecting mostly lords (Ike, Lyn, Roy, and Hector, for example)

I'd say you should also add an additional reason to this: Almost all lords fall into two types of personalities: The idealistic, occasionally naïve guy and the hotheaded, yet more down-to-earth guy. In terms of bond conversations (and character interactions in general), that wouldn't be much fun.

2 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

A joke character in a Warriors game isn't necessarily ineffective just odd or animated weird. That is why many people consider Tingle to be a joke character about example is the playable grunt from the Fist of the North Star Warriors game who literally throws his own Mohawk for his super move.  

I think one of the only intentional joke characters in the Musou franchise that's intentionally designed as a bad character is Samurai Warriors's Imagawa Yoshimoto, and I think even he has fairly effective combos once he gets going.

People seem to be expecting Lissa using an axe, but in Awakening she's got a unique outfit as a sage. In Fates, Severa says magic fits Owain because his mother is Lissa. As much as  I'd love to run around with Lissa chopping up some fools, I think they're going the magic route.

41 minutes ago, Thane said:

People seem to be expecting Lissa using an axe, but in Awakening she's got a unique outfit as a sage. In Fates, Severa says magic fits Owain because his mother is Lissa. As much as  I'd love to run around with Lissa chopping up some fools, I think they're going the magic route.

They could just as easily go off her Cipher card look for the War Cleric route too, Koei-Tecmo does like its references to various bits of material and not just a characters home game.

Both routes are fairly plausible I think.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

They could just as easily go off her Cipher card look for the War Cleric route too, Koei-Tecmo does like its references to various bits of material and not just a characters home game.

Both routes are fairly plausible I think.

Seeing as promotions seem to be a thing, and Danny-boy said axes are all but confirmed, I'm a bit more hopeful. We need axe user, and as someone here so eloquently put it, no one would be excited over Vaike.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Seeing as promotions seem to be a thing, and Danny-boy said axes are all but confirmed, I'm a bit more hopeful. We need axe user, and as someone here so eloquently put it, no one would be excited over Vaike.

I know a fair few people who'd rather Vaike than Lissa, then again I know quite a number of people who absolutely despise Lissa, and are salty by her inclusion.

Arthur or Barst could easily fill in that axerole too if Lissa doesn't get it. (Plus with how much they are clamoring that they balanced the weapon triangle I'm betting we'll see these 3 anyways or a set of different ones, Minerva & Camilla are pretty up there)

Edited by Jedi

Just now, Jedi said:

I know a fair few people who'd rather Vaike than Lissa, then again I know quite a number of people who absolutely despise Lissa. 

Did I miss a hate train somewhere?

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Arthur or Barst could easily fill in that axerole too if Lissa doesn't get it.

Barst carried my Fire Emblem 1 playthrough so I wouldn't object to that. I feel like he has garnered some hate after Heroes though.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Minerva & Camilla are pretty up there

After Cia I don't think there's any chance they won't have Camilla in the game.

52 minutes ago, Thane said:

Unique and unique; it's based on Emmeryn's Sage outfit.

Just now, Folt said:

Unique and unique; it's based on Emmeryn's Sage outfit.

Which no one else has.

Well, I guess I should've said it's based on Emmeryn, seeing as you can get her later.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Did I miss a hate train somewhere?

Nah its more in Discord groups i'm in than on SF itself, but they contain SF members haha.

Just now, Thane said:

Which no one else has.

Well, I guess I should've said it's based on Emmeryn, seeing as you can get her later.

Indeed.

Though Lissa's War Cleric outfit uses her colors I believe, while Sage!Lissa uses Emmeryn's colors.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Nah its more in Discord groups i'm in than on SF itself, but they contain SF members haha.

Well, if there's one thing the Fire Emblem community always needs more of, it's more hate. 

Guess I'm not one to talk to after both Fates and Shadows of Valentia.