Male Robin & Lissa potentially confirmed

Jedi

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well, if there's one thing the Fire Emblem community always needs more of, it's more hate. 

Guess I'm not one to talk to after both Fates and Shadows of Valentia.

Speaking of hate, I had to deal with PM's after the whole "only these 3 games are gonna be the focus" thing with people saying I overhyped the game despite me warning them that it was entirely possible they'd focus on FE1/3/11/12, 13 & 14. 

People are incredibly bitter with this game before its even out and its irritating as someone who has been covering its content lol. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

People are incredibly bitter with this game before its even out and its irritating as someone who has been covering its content lol. 

At least the people who are excited for the game seem to be legitimately hyped, myself included.

Your work thus far has been extremely appreciated, and I'm sure I speak for all the FEW fans when I say that! 

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I can only imagine. You're doing a stellar job though, my friend, keep it up and don't pay the hate any heed. It's one thing to not support the decision - I don't either, even though Awakening's my favorite game - but another thing entirely to sound like an angry child.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Speaking of hate, I had to deal with PM's after the whole "only these 3 games are gonna be the focus" thing with people saying I overhyped the game despite me warning them that it was entirely possible they'd focus on FE1/3/11/12, 13 & 14. 

As someone who's incredibly hyped for the game after Hyrule Warriors made me hooked on Musou games, it is rather irritating to see so much bitterness over the roster choice, though I doubt the things I see on other sites are comparable to getting mails about it.

I mean, it's understandable to be sad about not having the chance for your favorite characters be playable due to restricting the choice to games where you don't have a personal investment, but I feel as if people take this much more personal than it is healthy for them to take.

7 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

At least the people who are excited for the game seem to be legitimately hyped, myself included.

Your work thus far has been extremely appreciated, and I'm sure I speak for all the FEW fans when I say that! 

Thanks, I hope I can continue meeting expectations on that haha. 

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

I can only imagine. You're doing a stellar job though, my friend, keep it up and don't pay the hate any heed. It's one thing to not support the decision - I don't either, even though Awakening's my favorite game - but another thing entirely to sound like an angry child.

Yeah, I'm quite used to hate flinging (I am a Sonic & FF fan after all, and we like to be at each others throats for the smallest of things in the wrong community) at least these pm's were mild annoyance, but still haha. 

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

As someone who's incredibly hyped for the game after Hyrule Warriors made me hooked on Musou games, it is rather irritating to see so much bitterness over the roster choice, though I doubt the things I see on other sites are comparable to getting mails about it.

I mean, it's understandable to be sad about not having the chance for your favorite characters be playable due to restricting the choice to games where you don't have a personal investment, but I feel as if people take this much more personal than it is healthy for them to take.

Yeah, and heck people were annoyed with HW's roster too because it focused on only OoT, TP & SS at first but they expanded out, so who knows. The mails weren't bad just it was a tad demotivating that I may have caused some people to get bitter with it due to my own hype possibly making other people exceed expectations with their hopes.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Did I miss a hate train somewhere?

Barst carried my Fire Emblem 1 playthrough so I wouldn't object to that. I feel like he has garnered some hate after Heroes though.

After Cia I don't think there's any chance they won't have Camilla in the game.

Barst is hated? Are you thinking Bartre who people are tired of pulling when they pick green?

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Seeing as promotions seem to be a thing, and Danny-boy said axes are all but confirmed, I'm a bit more hopeful. We need axe user, and as someone here so eloquently put it, no one would be excited over Vaike.

To clear things up, in the other topic I said Lissa was "practically confirmed" due to her sprite being on the CE and used her gaining axes upon promotion as an example since they seem to be intent on emphasizing the weapon triangle. There's nothing directly confirming her using axes. Though as @Folt pointed out, she keeps her unique colors as a War Cleric while gaining Emmeryn's as a sage (the only character besides Stahl, Sully, and Kellam who has unique colors for both promotion options).

@Jedi Dang, sorry to hear about those PMs. Glad I was able to come around early, because I may have ended up as one of them (though my behavior right after the game's announcement was kinda pathetic)-- it's honestly going to take a lot for me to lose interest in the game. Keep up the coverage.
Though the vitriol is annoying at times, I've seen far worse far more regularly (two words: Halo fandom).

Edited by The DanMan

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@Jedi Dang, sorry to hear about those PMs. Glad I was able to come around early, because I may have ended up as one of them (though my behavior right after the game's announcement was kinda pathetic)-- it's honestly going to lose interest in the game. Keep up the coverage.
Though the vitriol is annoying at times, I've seen far worse far more regularly (two words: Halo fandom).

We all have our gut reactions on things, I mean there was my embarrassing reaction to the Nintendo Metroid 2 remake haha. Honestly I was less put off by the few pm's I got and more worrying that I had led the general people on SF astray with my own hopes for the game. 

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

We all have our gut reactions on things, I mean there was my embarrassing reaction to the Nintendo Metroid 2 remake haha. Honestly I was less put off by the few pm's I got and more worrying that I had led the general people on SF astray with my own hopes for the game. 

Glad you've come around on SR.
(Also, dang-- that was meant to read " it's honestly going to take a lot for me to lose interest in the game". Both my keyboard and proof-reading skills are going down the drain.)

I occasionally get the impression from certain fans that if their needs are not sated, they perceive it as a slight to them and thus the game must fail so that developers "get their lesson".

Reality never works that way.

But on the subject of hope, I admit I actually hoped that they'd restrict the character selection to few games, but included Awakening and Fates among the list of games they would pick characters from, because I like the classes of those games AND they have characters I like for just about any class and a more restrictive choice of games for picking characters out of would increase the likelyhood of getting less important characters (that I like) as playable (since most non-Lord classes, including my favorite classes, are found on those characters).

(And also because I think the cast from those games would make more sense for an over-the-top hack-and-slash game.)

42 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

To clear things up, in the other topic I said Lissa was "practically confirmed" due to her sprite being on the CE and used her gaining axes upon promotion as an example since they seem to be intent on emphasizing the weapon triangle.

Oh shoot, sorry for being unclear; I meant to write Lissa. I probably got distracted by something while writing that post.

47 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Barst is hated? Are you thinking Bartre who people are tired of pulling when they pick green?

Yeah but they pick Barst too, right? 

Also, I must confess that I keep mixing those two up because of the similarity of their names and weapons. Sorry about that, Barst; you've still got my outmost respect.

2 hours ago, Folt said:

I occasionally get the impression from certain fans that if their needs are not sated, they perceive it as a slight to them and thus the game must fail so that developers "get their lesson".

But on the subject of hope, I admit I actually hoped that they'd restrict the character selection to few games, but included Awakening and Fates among the list of games they would pick characters from, because I like the classes of those games AND they have characters I like for just about any class and a more restrictive choice of games for picking characters out of would increase the likelyhood of getting less important characters (that I like) as playable (since most non-Lord classes, including my favorite classes, are found on those characters).

(And also because I think the cast from those games would make more sense for an over-the-top hack-and-slash game.)

This is pretty much how I feel. I have be a Warriors fan for a while so I'm into the series for gameplay and what a collab adds to the game than almost anything. I my biggest fear for this game was that it would be the Lord Show featuring some other important characters and so far it is looking that way but this focus allows characters who had 0% before to have a chance like Panne and Reina who aren't even in Heroes to maybe appear. 

2 hours ago, Folt said:

The game bombing seems a worst scenario no matter how one think of the representation. If the game fails there most likely won't be a next one that will include more characters. Granted it might still be like that if the game does well but if its pretty much finalized. 

I also think the more wacky attitude of the newer characters are very suited for a Warriors game. For me the Awakening and Fate reprisentation was never the issue. Its that other game that's the weak link.

And speaking of weak links, what's this I'm hearing about Barst? I honestly can't think of a less worthy choice if I tried. When has Barst ever done or said something interesting? Even by Archenean standards he lags behind significantly. If they insist on sticking with Archanean they should take the few goodies like Hardin, Minerva or Camus rather then just double down on the generic brigade. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And speaking of weak links, what's this I'm hearing about Barst? I honestly can't think of a less worthy choice if I tried. When has Barst ever done or said something interesting? Even by Archenean standards he lags behind significantly. If they insist on sticking with Archanean they should take the few goodies like Hardin, Minerva or Camus rather then just double down on the generic brigade. 

Can we at least have Draug? So that he can choke points, get kicked out of animal shelters, and take the enemy's wives while they lurk?

Edited by Anomalocaris

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

When has Barst ever done or said something interesting?

He was the only reason I could deal with FE1. He was so good in that game, shame about axes not being in shops halfway through.

I also have friends who started with Shadow Dragon, and Barst is usually high on their "favorite character" list. It's odd, but he must have....something about him that attracts people to him. Heroes and his relation to Ogma certainly don't hinder him either.

Oh, incidentally, I took M!Robin's sprite and took away what I think is supposed to be the shadow (since the limited edition sprites don't seem to include the shadows):

59594632c9f76_RobinMaleSpritenoshadow3timeslarger.png.384cfbf6bbba6a3670121961c433b776.png

It's... close enough I think.

Edited by Folt

5 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

He was the only reason I could deal with FE1. He was so good in that game, shame about axes not being in shops halfway through.

I also have friends who started with Shadow Dragon, and Barst is usually high on their "favorite character" list. It's odd, but he must have....something about him that attracts people to him. Heroes and his relation to Ogma certainly don't hinder him either.

Huh, I don't think I used him much. Granted, generic axe men are usually some of the first units I bench.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Oh, incidentally, I took M!Robin's sprite and took away what I think is supposed to be the shadow (since the limited edition sprites don't seem to include the shadows):

59594632c9f76_RobinMaleSpritenoshadow3timeslarger.png.384cfbf6bbba6a3670121961c433b776.png

It's... close enough I think.

What's the difference? 

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Barst is one of the best units in FE1/11 not to mention the very first playable Axe Fighter of the franchise, he has merit from that alone.

2 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

mmm...well I don't think good stats and ''something'' is really enough to overlook a barely existing personality or role in the story, even when compared to other minor characters in the series. What could they possibly do with Barst in the game when he lacks those basic things. If its just to have an axe users then there are tons of better options available. 

I don't see potential for an interesting moveset or role in the game for this character, only a spot being practically wasted. 

Since being personable and expressive is a big deal for a character in a warriors game it would be unwise to ad a character that is neither of these things.  

Just now, Arthur97 said:

What's the difference? 

Not much other than I used the sprite part that matches what I think is the pose that the sprite on the LE edition is using. (And probably should have let some of the shadows stay, but eh.)

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

mmm...well I don't think good stats and ''something'' is really enough to overlook a barely existing personality or role in the story, even when compared to other minor characters in the series. What could they possibly do with Barst in the game when he lacks those basic things. If its just to have an axe users then there are tons of better options available. 

I don't see potential for an interesting moveset or role in the game for this character, only a spot being practically wasted. 

Since being personable and expressive is a big deal for a character in a warriors game it would be unwise to ad a character that is neither of these things.  

Barely existing personality seems to describe most SD characters. From what I've read, Mystery was better, but...

If I had to pick an Archanean axe user, it would be Ogma. He's iconic (as far as I can tell), started his own archetype, and even though he starts as a sword user Heroes can use axes in the remakes (though I'm not sure how much of an influence the remakes had on the roster selection).

Personally I would prefer Legion as an axe user, but I don't think that he's particularly likely.

Edited by Lightchao42

12 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Barst is one of the best units in FE1/11 not to mention the very first playable Axe Fighter of the franchise, he has merit from that alone.

I think an argument of being the first can be made for characters such as Cain and Draug. I personally do not agree with that being relevant in a series with the release history of Fire emblem but I can understand the argument. With Barst I do not. He didn't really go on to influence any unit in future games and there's little to take inspiration from to begin with. 

He is merely the first axe user for the Japanese and a decent but extremely bare bones character in a game most westerners felt underwhelming. I personally find him the clearest example of Archanea having lackluster characters. Its not in that continents interest to flaunt how bare bones their characters are, they should be pulling out all the big guns to avoid their lack of substance sticking out. 

I don't find good stats to matter very much when there's barely a character and when having character is so important in the Warrior games this is made worse when it comes to his inclusion in such a game. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor