Do you force yourself to complete every single game you buy?

Fryer

I do so because I feel that if I do not, I just wasted my money, though I do realize time is far more valuable. I am currently playing FFX on the PS2 (at the part where you have to play against thr Luca Goers) and I feel tempted to drop the game due to how linear it is which is a shame since I loved all the other ones I've played (I, IV, V and VI).

I still have yet to beat Final Fantasy X or IX, though those were games handed down to me, so you technically can't consider them games I "bought".

I also have yet to beat Dragon's Dogma because the characters and stories are... well, they're things.  I don't think I'll ever get around to beating it.

hell no

ignoring the fact that there's games that you can't really "beat" per se (like civilization, etc.) sometimes there's just a point in the game that isn't worth getting over

like darkest dungeon - the basic game is awesome, i've gotten like a hundred hours of good out of it, but the actual endgame (the darkest dungeon) is frustrating as hell. i still totally got my money's worth

or valkyria chronicles! i played that right up until an endgame boss fight with lasers chick and then stopped playing entirely, no regrets

Not all the time, but I try to only buy games I know I will enjoy so I don't buy random games anymore.  I have had a few games I just didn't want to finish not that I remember the names right now, and I am a slow player so I have a huge backlog of games I need to finish.

38 minutes ago, Dollie said:

yeah

if I don't finish them, it feels like i've wasted my money and it makes me feel bad lol.

This.

Any game I buy must be completed in the remembrance of the money I spent on it.

6 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

I try to, but I'm not always successful with it.. xP

I usually go back and play games I have completed rather than complete new ones most of the time.

I second this.

i bought MH4U nearly a year ago and I still haven't completed it XD.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

42 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Not all the time, but I try to only buy games I know I will enjoy so I don't buy random games anymore.  I have had a few games I just didn't want to finish not that I remember the names right now, and I am a slow player so I have a huge backlog of games I need to finish.

Same here. I pretty much only buy video games if I KNOW I will like it, comes from a series I am familiar with, or is on sale. As a result, I only buy games a handful of times annually.

8 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

I try to, but I'm not always successful with it.. xP

I usually go back and play games I have completed rather than complete new ones most of the time.

Same here. For some reason, I get urges to reset my GBA Pokemon games once every few months.

I used to, but nowadays I tend to just aim to finish the main story, but it really depends on the game (I'm fine 100% a Zelda game (haven't played BoTW yet so that might change) since that's just picking up some collectables, but getting all the achievments in Civ just seems tedious). I'd rather replay a game a few times and never complete it, than force myself to complete it and never end up replaying it.

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

i bought MH4U nearly a year ago and I still haven't completed it XD.

It would be so hard to complete a Monster Hunter game..  I can't even imagine. O.O

Just now, Fryer said:

Same here. For some reason, I get urges to reset my GBA Pokemon games once every few months.

I get urges like these too, whether it be Pokemon or another series.  Even now, I'm more interested in completing another Persona 5 run rather than complete Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which is a game I've held off on completing for a long time now.

56 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Not really. I finish most games I start, but I have no problem droping them if I have something I want to play more, or if I'm just not having fun.

Basically this.  I don't buy games that I don't intend to finish, though.

I would, but I can't. Sometimes I lose interest or I don't play it for a while and just never go back to it or I get a new game and get absorbed in that instead of the older one.

I try but, sometimes I just lose motivation. Games I haven't finished:

- Pokemon Yellow

- Earthbound

- Fire Emblem 8 and 11

- Kid Icarus Uprising and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

- Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3D and Hyrule Warriors and WindWaker HD

That's not to say that these are bad games, far from it, it's just that I find myself wanting to replay older games like the Pokemon Ranger trilogy or freaking PilotWings.

Absolutely. I have a larger backlog than I'd like. I don't want to waste money.

Also, I will make it a point to play to completion if I receive a gift. Some games I will love enough to complete 100%; other games I won't finish to perfection even if I like them (Valkyria Chronicles, which I honestly liked a lot, but I couldn't really get myself to do more than beating the main story).

I also only buy games full price if I plan on playing them within the same week. Otherwise, I wait until it dips below 25.

(I also tend to like 99% of the games that I buy, but I'm looking to sell one and burn another. The one I want to sell is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, the one I'm looking to burn is Sonic 06)

Edited by Lord Raven

Sometimes.  If I really want to play the last game in a series, and I bought all the games before it, I will force myself to finish the prequels before moving onto the game I actually want to play.  I don't think it's at all reasonable, but it's what I do. 

I, instead, try not to buy a game unless I know I'll put at least 50hrs into it.  I'm not one of those people who have 50+ games in their steam library that they've never installed (like most of my friends).