Class animation

SwordKeanu!

Don't mind this part, this is just result of my slow net?

Edited by SwordKeanu!

I want to make my own class animation, I do not mind taking long time of animation making/editing, what I do mind is how to make, the problem is I do not know the editing.

Can someone tell me how? is the animation class has some sort of mugshot they follow? just like portrait animation, there is a hardcoded area(is that what you call), for mouth and eyes.

if there is, can someoene share that to me? So i know what to do

(sorry bad english)

ppPurbO.png

Ok, first of all the template you have to follow it's a flat background of 248x160 pixels, don't worry about he color you choose, it'll beome transparent once it is in the game.

Then, you need to choose 15 colors for you animation (plus the one form your background makes 16), keep in mind that your animation doesn't have to break this limit of 16 colors.

Also, rememer to add your color pallette on the top-right corner of your frame (background must be the top-right color)

That's it, you just need to do all the remaining frames. Now if you want to know how to animate them, you dhould look for the Fire Emblem Ultimate Tutorial made by Blazer, it has all what you need to script your animation.

PS: If you need to locate an object behind everything else (for example; when someone pierces the enemy) you'll need to meake your background one time wider, not counting those 8 extra pixels, (488x160). Finally the object that will be "piercing" shall be in the right part (for expample; the first 240 pixels will have everything located at the front, then the next 240 pixels will have everything located at the back).

3 hours ago, George Reds said:

Ok, first of all the template you have to follow it's a flat background of 248x160 pixels, don't worry about he color you choose, it'll beome transparent once it is in the game.

Then, you need to choose 15 colors for you animation (plus the one form your background makes 16), keep in mind that your animation doesn't have to break this limit of 16 colors.

Also, rememer to add your color pallette on the top-right corner of your frame (background must be the top-right color)

That's it, you just need to do all the remaining frames. Now if you want to know how to animate them, you dhould look for the Fire Emblem Ultimate Tutorial made by Blazer, it has all what you need to script your animation.

PS: If you need to locate an object behind everything else (for example; when someone pierces the enemy) you'll need to meake your background one time wider, not counting those 8 extra pixels, (488x160). Finally the object that will be "piercing" shall be in the right part (for expample; the first 240 pixels will have everything located at the front, then the next 240 pixels will have everything located at the back).

What about the animation movement(like slashing) etc. Sorry I don't quiet understand well, though I understand the first 2 pharagraph

I actually want to make not just the character/class, but the ENTIRE animation (slashing/attacking, dodging liek that)

I would like to help you, but I'm like bad at explaining so I'll do my best:

-First of all you should know that gameboy advance (GBA) games have limits, one of these limits are the limited colors an image can have. Every tile, object, etc, in GBA has only 16 colors, 1 for the transparent background and the other 15 for the animation. If your animation is very colorful, you'll need to make some colors similar so you don't break this limit. EDIT: Let me give you an example (I'm going to be a little harsh in here), your portrait seems to have more than 16 colors, with your background, if you were to insert that portrait in the game you would get an error message and fail.

I actually want to make not just the character/class, but the ENTIRE animation (slashing/attacking, dodging liek that)

-Second, like my father says; if you want to do something you'll have to do everything in order. First make all the animation frames (attacks, dodges, and crit attacks), then to program these you'll need a script, look in the Ultimate tutorial if you want to know how they work.

Edited by George Reds