Imagine... (spoiler warning for Act VI)

Imagine Grima's Expiration attack ignored Defence in Awakening like it does in SoV. What would happen? Why does it ignore Defence in SoV and not in Awakening - plot-wise, perhaps?
This is just meant to be a little thought experiment. Nothing too serious.

It probably would not make too much of a difference if they didn't change Grima's defenses in Awakening as well, because as it stands, Grima gets one rounded pretty easily.

Plot wise, perhaps Dragon breath becomes less powerful over the millenia, as we see other dragons in SoV also using defense-ignoring breath attacks.

5 hours ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I don't know about that:  If he didn't want to get hurt, he could just do an aileron roll

Considering how massive Grima is, turning around would be pretty much impossible for him. And even if he did, he'd also send himself flying down anyway, so bad idea. Then again, this is a video game, so he probably could do that anyway.

As for the topic here, i don't think it would change much. Grima either gets KOd really easy or KOs your units no problem, and not factoring defense would'nt change very much. And for why it hasn't, well Grima is 2000 years old at this point, and spent a lot of time being very dead or knocked out cold, so he's probably not in the best shape by the time you fight him.

11 hours ago, V-raptor said:

As for the topic here, i don't think it would change much. Grima either gets KOd really easy or KOs your units no problem, and not factoring defense would'nt change very much. And for why it hasn't, well Grima is 2000 years old at this point, and spent a lot of time being very dead or knocked out cold, so he's probably not in the best shape by the time you fight him.

True enough.
I somehow imagine Grima yawning during the fight and rubbing his eyes with his wings and then pleading with Chrom and co. not to make so much fuss on his back, now...
Or him waking up to a major headache because he just burst through the roof of the Dragon's Table.