Superstitious Summoning

Lushen

Do you consider yourself superstitious while summoning?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself superstitious while summoning?

• Yes
    • Maybe a little
    • No

With the upcoming new banner, what are some of the superstitious habits you find yourself doing while summoning, if any?

I myself usually watch the whole animation until I consider myself unlucky. Then I switch it up by skipping the animations, as if it's going to make a difference. 

I'm also guilty of summoning crisscross if possible, I avoid using orbs right next to each other in sequence.  Makes sense right?

I summon colors in order. If there are multiples of the same color, I summon those clockwise starting from wherever I feel like it unless it's possible for me to draw a pentacle while still summoning colors in order, in which case I will draw a pentacle.

I don't watch the animation unless I'm bored.

I unfortunately do not own enough merch to make a real-life summoning pentacle.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I unfortunately do not own enough merch to make a real-life summoning pentacle.

You could probably do with a fishing net instead. :P:

Ahem. . .

I do whatever the little voice in my head tells me to.  It usually ends up giving me the following:

- Really good units with really wonky boon/bane combos (hi +Res/-Spd Lucina)
- +Atk healers
- The wrong fodder

If I do a bulk summoning (2+ full boards), if I haven't gotten good summons, I'll gently blow on the phone in the hopes of sending away the bad units. I've done it for my sister's phone, too...it's oddly worked?

I'll watch the animations, usually. If there's a huff of smoke (meaning 4* or 5*), I always say, "Oh?" in the hopes of somehow tricking the RNG to give me a unit I really want haha (I know it's predetermined, but...)~

My sister and I sometimes switched phones to summon for the other's account - we also always summon together since we consider the other our good luck charms (the first time she sat next to me, I got Azura before she was a focus unit...she also got Frederick, one of her two most wanted units, for her initial summon after I joked that he'd "come home" for her). It doesn't always work, but it's helped us thus-far!

I wait for smoke to appear and if there is no smoke I cry. I cried a lot my last five summoning sessions . . .

I was going to say more, but I forgot.

Edited by SSbardock84

26 minutes ago, tanuki said:

I incorrectly believe that the first orb I pick has the best chance of a five star character.   So I pick the color I need most.

I think I might actually do this subconsciously.  Not really the first orb, but after a few orbs I start to feel like my chances of getting said unit have decreased when the reality is the opposite.  

I constantly pull with 5 to 10 orbs thinking, "Well, there'll only be like 2 of the color I want." And it's such an idiot mistake.

Also, I repeatedly click the color I want before actually pressing summon. I don't know why, it makes me feel better. 

When I'm pulling I call the name of a character from the same color who isn't part of the focus. For example if I'm pulling red I'll call for Eirika, Linde for blue, etc. It's weird but it works most of the time (although those characters are the ones I want the most and I've never gotten one of them.....).

I do a bunch of things to summon the characters I want, some even I consider to be borderline ridiculous, but whatever works, I guess 

For Ephraim, I daydreamed a bit about pulling him on my first few orbs (mostly because I didn't save up any back then). I pulled him on my third summon.

For Ninian I promised to promote my Eliwood to 5* if I pulled her. The Ninian I pulled had the exact same boon and bane as the Eliwood I was going to promote. Coincidence? I think not.

For Alm and Celica I prayed to Mila IRL. I'm not usually a religious person, but sometimes, exceptions must be made.

All these times I did my summoning rituals, the 5* I wanted was the first 5* summoned from said banner, no off focus to ruin my pity%. All 4 of them are also either +Atk or +Spd. (Eph and Alm are +Spd -Res, Ninian is +Atk -Res and Celica is +Atk -HP)

I turn the sound off and put the phone face down so i don't have expectations to be let down when I don't see the smoke

the awesome music has become too stressful for me when i only hear the 3 star sound effects so i'd rather not hear anything at all

if something good comes then at least i'll be happier!

Edited by mcsilas

I only summon 1 hour before the end of a banner, in a mass summon of 50+ orbs.

Not sure why but I like to summon at the last possible minute, in case a better banner comes up or I change my mind.

I've gotten a focus unit on every banner I've summoned on (Seliph from Sibling Bonds, Eirika from Royal Gauntlet, Minerva from Wyvern Rider Gauntlet, Soren from Tellius, Hector from Hero Fest, Linde from Mage Gauntlet, Reinhardt from Vantage) ... EXCEPT for the Bride Banner where I got trash only.

I really wanted Bride Lyn or Cordelia...

Back when I was in America, I always summoned at 1 am Pacific Time. Now that I'm in Hong Kong, I haven't figured out whether it's 1 am wherever I am or 1 am Pacific Time always yet.

Also for some reason, mashing a certain doll on my dad's phone makes him get insta 5 stars. It's happened twice now, but it's never the focus 5*s.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

38 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Back when I was in America, I always summoned at 1 am Pacific Time. Now that I'm in Hong Kong, I haven't figured out whether it's 1 am wherever I am or 1 am Pacific Time always yet.

I used to summon at 1am central.  Not because I was superstitious, but because that's when they were released.  Now, I have to wait till 2am but that's way too late.  Damn you timezones.  

6 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I used to summon at 1am central.  Not because I was superstitious, but because that's when they were released.  Now, I have to wait till 2am but that's way too late.  Damn you timezones.  

I actually got most of my 5*s summoning at that time. I got all three of my Celicas at 1 am. It works.

For me, when I want a unit, I just pick the orb color they are from and I usually end up getting them. As of now, at least.

Hopefully that sort of luck doesn't go away soon for upcoming banners... especially if there is ever a Moonbow one with Ephraim in it. 

I do not believe in superstition. I believe in giving Anna more money to get what I want.

I'm a man of science so I do tests to see what best augments my luck. Sometimes I sacrifice a goat, sometimes a virgin and I also keep a control group where nothing is sacrificed.

So far I haven't found a correlation between the use of blood magic and the frequency of 5* pulls.

9 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I'm a man of science so I do tests to see what best augments my luck. Sometimes I sacrifice a goat, sometimes a virgin and I also keep a control group where nothing is sacrificed.

So far I haven't found a correlation between the use of blood magic and the frequency of 5* pulls.

8 hours ago, Lushen said:

Maybe you just don't have enough goats.  

Maybe 100 virgin goats will do the trick. Or try sacrificing the volunteers in the control group.

On 6/29/2017 at 6:54 PM, Alexmender said:

When I'm pulling I call the name of a character from the same color who isn't part of the focus. For example if I'm pulling red I'll call for Eirika, Linde for blue, etc. It's weird but it works most of the time (although those characters are the ones I want the most and I've never gotten one of them.....).

I do this too, But still no Hector, Ike, Takumi or Ephraim.

Having an otherwise crappy day has worked for me a number of times now. I got Seliph when I was having kind of a rough week. I got Soren during a helishly busy week about a month before finals, and I got Ike the next day after a truly miserable all nighter. And just this morning I got Summer Gaius after waking up at 4 and having my allergies keep me awake. 

I keep going back and fourth between opening the color I want first or last. Results have proved inconclusive for which works better.