Favorite class and least favorite class?

Ronnie

So there's a ton of classes from Hero to Sorcerer. What are some of your favorites and least favorites?

My favorite classes are Hero, Master Ninja, Swordmaster, and Paladin.
My least favorites being Bow Knight and General.

Favorite: Pegasus Knight, Mage, Cleric, Troubadour, and associated classes.

Least favorite: Infantry axe users. These classes, and the units in them, just keep sucking time and time again. Also, Taguel and Laguz.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Absolute favorite: Summoner

Favorites: Heroes, Swordmasters, Sages, Dread Fighters, Assassins, Priestesses (Gaiden/SoV), basically any magic or sword wielding class

Least favorite: Griffon Rider. That Class is like, the most forgettable one.

Favourite: Pegasus Knight, Troubadour, Saint (Gaiden/SoV), Mage, Priestess (Gaiden/SoV), Shaman (Genealogy), pretty much any magic class or class with somewhat religious, angelic undertones. Also Griffon Rider. I always had a soft spot for the class.

Least Favourite: Armour Knight, Archer (Unless we are talking about Fates where Archers felt good to use), Infantry Axe classes (I feel like I'm one of the few who was thankful there were no axe users in SoV)

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Infantry Axe classes (I feel like I'm one of the few who was thankful there were no axe users in SoV)

Yeah - I could count the number of times we've had an infantry axe user NOT suck on one hand. At least armors and archers were somewhat useful in Fates - infantry axes, though? Lmao no.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Favorite: Dark Flier, sadly it's only a thing in awakening and sort of in Fates. Paladin is my favorite that is in all games.

Least Favorite: Knight > General. I hate low move. There are still knights that I like though. Like, Effie is a great unit and i use her on almost all my playthroughs of Conquest, but I always promote her to Great Knight.

Favorites: Mages and all their various promotions, the generic fantasy nerd within me likes all of the generic lord classes, wyvern knights/lords, and transforming units in the vein of the manakete's and laguz.

Eeegh: Mostly just pegasus knights, and armor units. Pegasus knights I just always end up benching for characters I prefer more, and freaking armored units and their smaller range mean they never are able to keep up and actually gain experience thanks to my Leroy Jenkins tendencies.

Favourites: Armour Knight, Dark Mage, Wyvern Rider and Axe/Sword/Lance Knight.

Least Favourites: Pegasus Knight, Priest/Cleric/Troubadour, any "Refresher" unit (Dancer/Bard/Heron), Thief, Red Dragon, Archer.

My favourites are Assassins, especially the kind with bows, Warriors also the kind with bows, and Sorcerer's, especially the kind that can use dark and anima magic.

My least favorite would probably be most of the one wepaon locked second tier classes, such as Sniper, Swordmaster, etc.

Favourites: Dread Fighters, Brides, Swordmasters, Sorcerers, Assassins, Dancers, Bow Knights, Griffon Riders, Grandmasters.

Least Favourites: Pegasus Knights and their branching paths, Knights and Generals.

Favorite(s):  Master Ninja/Assassin, Dread Fighter, Fates!Witch, Grandmaster, and Hero/Vanguard.

Least Favorite(s): Uuuuh, I tend to like all classes for one way or another sooooo I'mma go with Griffon Riders.

20 hours ago, StrykerZ said:

My least favorite would probably be most of the one wepaon locked second tier classes, such as Sniper, Swordmaster, etc.

Says the guy with a Shinon avatar...

As to be expected, those who go for low turn count dislike Armors and like speedy characters, while those who may not mind turtling dislike Pegasus Knights and prefer classes with more power.

As for myself, I like Armors for their tankiness and imposing appearance (the Barons in Echoes have a great design, in particular). I also like Dark Mages/Shamans for the look of their magic and their imposing robes (the BDSM Dark Mages of Awakening and Fates just do not do it for me). Dancers are a guilty pleasure, especially if they have a belly dancer aesthetic.

Classes I dislike are more dependent on the game, like how I usually bench Pegasus Knights in games with higher caps due to them usually having poor strength (the Whitewings are an exception). Moreover, the bow weakness of fliers makes me nervous to use them (especially in Fates where super-effective weapons do much more damage than in other games and HP is incredibly low). My least favorite classes are the filler classes that are only good for their skills (which is pretty much half the classes in Fates).

FAVORITES

• Hmm, oh man, I like a lot of classes, but my overall favorite might be the original Priestess class from Gaiden/Echoes, which naturally extends to Celica's increasingly-fancily-clad variants of it as she promotes. Swords, offensive magic, and healing makes them a pretty badass and versatile class, if you ask me. Not to mention, Celica, Mae, Sonya, and Delthea all have nice, robust spell lists, with Faye's not being half bad, either. Even Yuzu's a rather interesting and novel unit, limited though her spell pool may be. Shame about that Movement, though.
  • Valentian spellcasters in general, I really love, honestly. The unique magic system attributing distinct spell pools to each Mage or Cleric makes every one of them feel even more distinct and unique than is usual for Fire Emblem units, not to mention they end up with a lot of versatility by virtue of being able to select which weapon to use on the fly from an increasingly-diverse pool, unlike any physical unit who isn't either Alm or adjacent to him or Celica.
  • Troubadours kinda have a bit of a special place in my heart due to Priscilla being the first, and maybe only, FE7 character I discovered in-game all on my own as a kid without looking her up in a guide or anything... er, that is, out of the characters that you aren't unavoidably tutorialed into getting. Naturally, since she's the first Troubadour to appear in the game by a matter of several chapters, that meant that I also discovered her class alongside her, which was pretty neat.
  • I've always had kind of a weird soft spot for Brigands and Soldiers, due to them both being unplayable in Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones. I realize neither of them are terribly exceptional or thematically-interesting classes, but even so.
  • DSFE Generals are pretty neat. I really like the weapon type combination of Lances and Bows. I don't even care if it's that good, I just think it's cool.
  • Ninjas are really cool. I love what Fates did with Knives as a weapon type, and being the sole base tier representative of it makes Ninjas pretty darned rad.
  • I really like the Oni Savage class, primarily because of its promotions. I realize that Blacksmiths are really similar to Heroes, and Oni Chieftains get kind of a weird second weapon type in light of their stat caps, but I still think they're really neat classes.
  • Ballisticians and Mechanists really kind of intrigue me as Fire Emblem classes go. They're both kind of dipping into the use of technology, which is a subject Fire Emblem as a series almost never touches on. FE1 probably had my favorite take on Ballisticians thematically, giving them unique animations to fit each of their smallish selection of weapons. I'd love to see the class explored more in the future, but considering they've only been playable in three games, with two of those being a game and its remake, I don't really see it happening, realistically. I could always be pleasantly surprised, though.
  • This class has never once been playable or even existed at all outside of Jugdral, but I really love Armored Bows, just, like, conceptually. It's such a bizarre and novel class, even if it may tick off most, if not all, of the points on a "how to make the worst technically-usable class ever" checklist. If there's ever a playable one, I'll use them, how good they are be damned.

LEAST FAVORITES

• I actually don't really actively dislike any classes, but honestly, as much as I love the concept from a worldbuilding standpoint, beastshifting classes in practice just end up being super boring. Triangle-neutral physical infantry melee fighters who only barely have weapon options when they're lucky enough to even have them at all... how bland can you get?
  • Honorable mention goes to Sword and Lance Knights. Like, just make them Cavaliers specialized in the weapon type you want.
Edited by Topaz Light

3 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

This class has never once been playable or even existed at all outside of Jugdral, but I really love Armored Bows, just, like, conceptually. It's such a bizarre and novel class, even if it may tick off most, if not all, of the points on a "how to make the worst technically-usable class ever" checklist. If there's ever a playable one, I'll use them, how good they are be damned.

Generals in FE11/12 could use bows for what it's worth.

So they sort-of exist in playable form.

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Generals in FE11/12 could use bows for what it's worth.

So they sort-of exist in playable form.

Ahhh, yep! I got it covered, actually!~

7 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

FAVORITES

• DSFE Generals are pretty neat. I really like the weapon type combination of Lances and Bows. I don't even care if it's that good, I just think it's cool.

Edited by Topaz Light