Favorite class and least favorite class?

Ronnie

Favorite Classes: I have a lot of them: Dark Mages, Sorcerers, Dark Knights, Wyvern Riders, Wyvern Lords, Malig Knights, Summoners, Necromancers, Fighters, Warriors, Brigands, Berserkers, Oni Savages, Oni Chieftains, Cavaliers, Paladins, Great Knights, Generals, Mages, Sages, War Monks/Clerics...

Least Favorite Classes: I think Bow Knights and any mounted class who mainly wields a Bow are pretty meh, actually.

Most favorite classes: Basically anything on a mount, and anything that can use tomes. Also, Dancers, Heroes, Berserkers, and Swordmasters.

Least favorite classes: Armor Knights, Archers, Villager, and Beaststone users.

Favorites:

• Pegasus Knight
  • Mage
  • Dark Mage

I like the promotions that come after these classes too: Falcon Knight, Dark Falcon, Sage, Sorcerer. The promotions for mage vary a lot throughout the different games, but the one that does typically stick around, Sage, I do like. I like most magical classes, which is why I like Sorcerers too.

It also helps that I like most of the units that come in these classes too: Sumia, Cordelia, Lute, and Nyx just to name a few.

Least Favorites:

• Cavalier
  • Knight
  • Fighter

I find most of these classes boring. I found most male characters to be bland or unappealing, and because mostly male characters filled these classes, I never took interest in them. Of course there are characters in these classes that I do like, but the majority I don't find interesting.

Seth, Silas, Lukas, and Charlotte are characters that I do like in these classes, though.

Favorites:

- Cavaliers, Pegasus Knights, Mages, Shamans and Troubadours, including their promotions.

The crux of my playstyle involves mobility and being able to rush down opponents with sheer impunity. Mages and Shamans are pretty nuke-tastic for my tastes. Their promotions are also my favorites. For Troubadours, I like em' as Mage Knights or FE6/FE7!Valkyries.

Doesn't help the fact that my favorite characters are in these classes, Kieran is full of funny moments, Shanna is fun-lovin', Lute and Lilina nukes a lot of stuff; Canas and Niime are awesome units; being the latter is an awesome grandma. L'Arachel (I tend to go MK for her) is also funny as heck.

Least Favorites:

- Armor Knights, Fighters and Monks

I have a personal distaste for Light mages and I don't like Armor Knights due to their sluggish movement. Fighters are kinda wonky for my tastes, I honestly don't know why... Oh, and obtaining Aureola in FE6 was a fiddly nightmare.

On 7/6/2017 at 8:05 AM, Folt said:

Least Favorite Classes: I think Bow Knights and any mounted class who mainly wields a Bow are pretty meh, actually.

Are there even many other mounted classes that wield bows? All that's coming to me aside from Bow Knights is Nomad/Troopers, FE8 Rangers, Horsemen, and Kinshi Knights.

6 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Least favorite classes: Armor Knights, Archers, Villager, and Beaststone users.

What's your beef with Kitsune and Wolfskin? I felt those classes were decent at least, unlike Taguel, which was utter guano.

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Are there even many other mounted classes that wield bows? All that's coming to me aside from Bow Knights is Nomad/Troopers, FE8 Rangers, Horsemen, and Kinshi Knights.

What's your beef with Kitsune and Wolfskin? I felt those classes were decent at least, unlike Taguel, which was utter guano.

Basically most of those classes, and they're all kinda meh to me.

I'll admit, Kitsune and Wolfskin are actually rather decent as far as Beasts go. I say "Beaststone", but I also meant to include the various beast Laguz under that moniker despite their lack of one.

My favorite classes are pirates and zerkers. Everyone saw that coming a mile away. My least favorite have to be the shifter type units, with a few exceptions (most notably Myrhh and Ulki). I didn't really like the Laguz mechanics that much, and I'm not a big fan of dragonstones either.

12 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Lack of good 2-range options, mainly. Plus Kaden seemed kinda frail without the Beastrune, while Keaton seems to have slight Spd issues. Note that I don't actually hate the classes, though. They just seem kinda meh. Plus, wouldn't they be weak against anti-beast weapons regardless of being in Kitsune and Wolfskin or not anyways?

Edited by Just call me AL

26 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Lack of good 2-range options, mainly. Plus Kaden seemed kinda frail without the Beastrune, while Keaton seems to have slight Spd issues. Note that I don't actually hate the classes, though. They just seem kinda meh. Plus, wouldn't they be weak against anti-beast weapons regardless of being in Kitsune and Wolfskin or not anyways?

Okay then. Personally, with the 2-range nerf, I'm not bothered by their lack of ranged options. Anyways, I really wonder what you see in Berserkers, because honestly, they (with only two exceptions, those being Hawkeye and Largo), and infantry axe users in general, have been outright bad time and time again, and it's gotten to the point where I've practically given up hope that IS will ever create a Berserker that isn't utter manure (needless to say, Fates was where they hit a new low).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• 2 weeks later...

I love Swordmasters, I blame Joshua wrecking everyone in my Sacred Stones playthrough as a kid.  Beyond that, I like Sages, Druids, Paladins, and Pirates/Berserkers.

Edited by Protato