Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

Hmm... looks like I *may* have to train up my 4* Mae and stick with Hard mode since I shouldn't stack multiple attacking colors. I can only get 504 points max with no bonus unit whatsoever from a 7-Lunatic run and I doubt that a 4* Mae can reasonably replace a 5* Reinhardt. Meanwhile, with a 40% score bonus, I can get 441 points max from a 5-Hard run.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, somebody mentioned that Tobin is likely to have a higher BST value than normal. Like how other villagers such as Donnel and Faye have a higher BST value. And there is a chance he'll have the Firesweep Sword. Maybe. We can hope. 

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So the reward for the 7 map trial will still be the same? BLEH.

Hey as someone who doesn't have the attention span to do Lunatic all day, I'm happy I can chill out in Hard.  Instead of losing to Veronica and getting 2,000 points a day using all my stamina, I can get 2,000 points per 99 stamina for clearing hard flawless.

And yea, Tobin is a weird choice.  I thought Tempest was going to be for special units not....regular everyday units.  Maybe Nintendo just told them they needed to promote Echoes and this is a one-time thing.

Well I sure was wrong about it being Fates themed for this one. Echoes theme is still pretty cool. I guess I'm not upset about pulling that Alm the other day while trying to get bikinis anymore. I have Faye, too, but she kinda sucks.. so he'll probably be a more helpful team member.

@phineas81707 Yeah that doesn't seem likely but that would be pretty cool. He'll probably be an archer I guess.

I'm sorely, sorely disappointed that Tobin is a sword instead of an Archer cav.
Hopefully he'll come with something crazy like a lightning sword+ that other people can inherit.

Let's pour one out for all the folk that don't have a 40% bonus unit.

The fact that Celica isn't a bonus unit while Mae and Boey are makes me think that she might actually be the final boss this time around, possibly alongside Veronica. (Echoes spoilers below)

Spoiler

Maybe she'd be brainwashed, like in Ch. 5 of Echoes?

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Hey as someone who doesn't have the attention span to do Lunatic all day, I'm happy I can chill out in Hard.  Instead of losing to Veronica and getting 2,000 points a day using all my stamina, I can get 2,000 points per 99 stamina for clearing hard flawless.

As someone who ran Lunatic 7-map all the way for the 99,999 reward, I'd be happy if they made it easier for me as well.

ohhhh man I am so happy with this

i was already super hyped when I saw the echoes focus but tobin being the reward was the most unexpected thing

i was hoping for like, lord ike with a por tempest or something, and expecting fates with azura's other outfit

but it's actually my favorite fe with my favorite fe character as the reward, and i actually have a 40% bonus unit as a 5 star

i have like 80k feathers so i'm definitely getting both tobins and merging them

really, really looking forward to this

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

As someone who ran Lunatic 7-map all the way for the 99,999 reward, I'd be happy if they made it easier for me as well.

Hopefully they give you better rewards!  IMO, 3 orbs is not enough for such a feat.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@phineas81707 Yeah that doesn't seem likely but that would be pretty cool. He'll probably be an archer I guess.

The people looking at his bonus unit posture are thinking sword. Which is why the theory occurred to me in the first place: they put the arrow in the village to tell you 'make him an archer' in Echoes...

2 minutes ago, unique said:

ohhhh man I am so happy with this

i was already super hyped when I saw the echoes focus but tobin being the reward was the most unexpected thing

i was hoping for like, lord ike with a por tempest or something, and expecting fates with azura's other outfit

but it's actually my favorite fe with my favorite fe character as the reward, and i actually have a 40% bonus unit as a 5 star

i have like 80k feathers so i'm definitely getting both tobins and merging them

really, really looking forward to this

Really, your favourite is Tobin? Didn't expect a Tobin fan to exist lmao. Most people just tell him to shut up.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Hopefully they give you better rewards!  IMO, 3 orbs is not enough for such a feat.

Hopefully they do. I need all the orbs this month.

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't keep any sort of theme with units gained from the Tempest, like masked units, mystery units, alternate units, or masked mystery alternate units. It's quite strange to have it just be Tobin - do you guys think that this is an alternate Tobin, and we'll get a regular Tobin added to pools, or will this be the only way to get him, or will they just add this version of him to the pools?

Also, what are the odds of Berky boy voiced by Ian Sinclair showing up as a surprise enemy come round 7?

Just now, thatsleepyguy said:

Also, what are the odds of Berky boy voiced by Ian Sinclair showing up as a surprise enemy come round 7?

BERKUT GHB DURING THE EVENT PLZ, I NEED HIM IN MY LIFE

1 minute ago, thatsleepyguy said:

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't keep any sort of theme with units gained from the Tempest, like masked units, mystery units, alternate units, or masked mystery alternate units. It's quite strange to have it just be Tobin - do you guys think that this is an alternate Tobin, and we'll get a regular Tobin added to pools, or will this be the only way to get him, or will they just add this version of him to the pools?

Its regular Tobin.  You can see his outfit in the 20% menu.  Looks just like his outfit ingame.

1 minute ago, thatsleepyguy said:

Perhaps Berkut will be one of July's GHB's if they keep the Echoes theme going this month.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The fact that Celica isn't a bonus unit while Mae and Boey are makes me think that she might actually be the final boss this time around, possibly alongside Veronica. (Echoes spoilers below)

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe she'd be brainwashed, like in Ch. 5 of Echoes?

That's a good theory. It is pretty odd if she's not involved somehow.

And seconded. I know I'll do it again since that's just how I am, but I'd rather not have to put so much effort to get maxed out for a handful of orbs.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The people looking at his bonus unit posture are thinking sword. Which is why the theory occurred to me in the first place: they put the arrow in the village to tell you 'make him an archer' in Echoes...

Perhaps he'll be in his villager class incarnation, just like Donnel is, only while Donnel started with a spear Tobin and the rest in Echos all got swords. So that makes sense. Since we just got Clarisse as a free archer I won't mind either way.

Just now, Lushen said:

Its regular Tobin.  You can see his outfit in the 20% menu.  Looks just like his outfit ingame.

I just find it odd that they'd put an ordinary unit in there. Making just regular ol' Tobin Tempest exclusive would be very weird, as would adding a Tempest reward unit to the ordinary pool. 

2 minutes ago, V-raptor said:

BERKUT GHB DURING THE EVENT PLZ, I NEED HIM IN MY LIFE

My stamina can only endure so much 

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

He has the sword icon in his square portrait in the screenshot of the Check Rewards screen that they have in the notification.

3 minutes ago, thatsleepyguy said:

I just find it odd that they'd put an ordinary unit in there. Making just regular ol' Tobin Tempest exclusive would be very weird, as would adding a Tempest reward unit to the ordinary pool. 

I feel the same way.  That's why I'm hoping someone told them to promote echoes and this is a one-time thing.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Really, your favourite is Tobin? Didn't expect a Tobin fan to exist lmao. Most people just tell him to shut up.

yeah I like him a lot and I think that's a dumb super forced meme

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Perhaps Berkut will be one of July's GHB's if they keep the Echoes theme going this month.

i really want berkut to be a ghb soon

i never liked his character much but his voice is hilarious and great, he'd be the first ghb characrer i make a 5 star 

Oh wow, wasn't expecting Tobin as a prize. I like him, so I'm happy enough :D

Huh... out of all the 1.4 bonus characters, I only have Alm. I'll probably just use him since I don't want to pull, though I am tempted to try for Boey... Maybe Mae, too. My luck with getting 5*'s has been atrocious lately, so I don't dare. I'll see how I go with Alm, since I can't be bothered to train anyone else up, anyway, and Alm's not bad. Could give him renewal so he lasts. He'll have to replace Xander, though, which is irksome.

And I do hope this means Berkut will be a GHB, as some others have said. He'd be an awesome character to have :) ...Just the voice alone xD

I am mildly annoyed by the fact that all of the 40% bonus heroes are neither fast nor built for enemy-phase combat.

I guess I can try to make do with Blarowl Mae. With +8 merge, +Spd, and one adjacent ally, at least she has 39 Spd before factoring in a passive A skill.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am mildly annoyed by the fact that all of the 40% bonus heroes are neither fast nor built for enemy-phase combat.

I guess I can try to make do with Blarowl Mae. With +8 merge, +Spd, and one adjacent ally, at least she has 39 Spd before factoring in a passive A skill.

I pulled a +spd -HP Mae before her original banner expired. I gave her darting blow just earlier, so I think she hits 40 if she's not standing next to any adjacent ally. Your +8 merged Mae with +spd nature would be a lot faster with darting blow.