Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, um... I checked the SP on my main Tempest team for kicks.

Alm: 2212 (after teaching Draconic Aura because why not)
Nino: 4650 (she was on 2K before this...)
Sharena: 3776
Klein: 4373

...I don't think these four ever need to worry about SP. Alm's on 1928 Merit, so even if the other three had Merit to earn, they'd be done by now.

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, um... I checked the SP on my main Tempest team for kicks.

Alm: 2212 (after teaching Draconic Aura because why not)
Nino: 4650 (she was on 2K before this...)
Sharena: 3776
Klein: 4373

...I don't think these four ever need to worry about SP.

That's nothing.

1. Bride Cordelia 8,066 SP

2. Nino 7,784 SP

3. Reinhardt 3,232 SP

Reinhardt could be higher though, I dumped SP on Spur Atk and Lancebreaker.

My Reinhardt is 9999 sp, fully capped -.- All these kills are a bit depressing now lol

And yet, I'm still not going to stop using him until I hit 99,999 on TT. It's boring enough as is without making it even slower...

Edited by Cute Chao

22 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

My Reinhardt is 9999 sp, fully capped -.- All these kills are a bit depressing now lol

How long have you had yours?

Maybe I'll shoot for ranked next month, but I'm not feeling it for this TT.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

How long have you had yours?

Maybe I'll shoot for ranked next month, but I'm not feeling it for this TT.

I don't know, but he was at 200 SP (roughly) before I started the first TT lol

Edited by Cute Chao

I'm currently at 86,512 for Rank 6615.  Assuming I'm not super busy the next few days, I should be able to hit all the Orb rewards last time.  Does it last through Friday or does it end Thursday?

Maybe I'm just being lazy, but the rankings seem more competitive this time around.  Even with the score adjustments I figured it'd be the opposite, since I imagine a lot fewer people have a competent bonus character this time around.  I easily made top 5k last time, but now I'm struggling to even stay in the 10k bracket. 

Currently sitting at 78,909, and I'm sick of it.  One week of this would be more than enough, but two weeks of dedicating most of my stamina to a grindy mode has become "torture" indeed. 

13 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's nothing.

1. Bride Cordelia 8,066 SP

2. Nino 7,784 SP

3. Reinhardt 3,232 SP

Reinhardt could be higher though, I dumped SP on Spur Atk and Lancebreaker.

You are but little babies.

1. Cordelia - 9,999 SP

2. S Camilla - 8,958

3. Tharja - 8,720

And I still have 20k points to go until 100k.

Also B Cordelia, Azura and Alm have all gained a notable 1000 or so SP each. (Alm only occasionally gets kills and I switched in B Cordelia + Azura to the main team a little while ago)

30 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Maybe I'm just being lazy, but the rankings seem more competitive this time around.  Even with the score adjustments I figured it'd be the opposite, since I imagine a lot fewer people have a competent bonus character this time around.  I easily made top 5k last time, but now I'm struggling to even stay in the 10k bracket. 

Currently sitting at 78,909, and I'm sick of it.  One week of this would be more than enough, but two weeks of dedicating most of my stamina to a grindy mode has become "torture" indeed. 

I'm guessing a lot of people are using up the free 1-2 stamina potions we're getting every day from the TT quests on doing more TT.  I don't think a lot of people bothered to use many of their saved ones last time.

Edited by Alkaid

Anybody else think tobin is a really crappy reward ?? xD I got him finally and leveled him up to 20 waiting to decide if i 5 star him or not and he just seems so useless lol. Like, ok, not really useless, but hes basicallyno different thanevery other character with nothing special. Pretty disappointed he didnt even have one unique skill, and i think not even a uniqueu sword at 5*

Right, so, I hit 100k earlier today or so. Got quite a few characters to max out their HM, and I'll continue to use it because I want to stay within top 5k at the very least, and a couple of my other characters could also use HM and EXP.

I have terrible flukes where I end up having characters killed on the first or second stage at times. Like, I feel so unmotivated I don't even feel like thinking. I just want to get this over with.

Lately I don't even feel like going in with my secondary team (which are outright incapable of even taking on the last chapter by themselves). I'm making points off of 100-200 run failures like last time.

Edited by Soul~!

That feeling when you haven't done a single TT run and have 6 minutes left to complete it for those 2 stamina potions.

I completed it in 7. RIP 2 Stamina potions. Sitting at 11 when I could have 13...

44 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

57,841 points for rank 18,367. Can I expect to reach 10K for 6,000 feathers?

Just about to post we're on a similiar page. I'm right there from the 60k, but it's almost 5 a.m and I'll probably call it a day after the 12k I made...

Basically afk autobattled 90% of this Tempest on Hard 5, no stamina potions (up to 149 now lol). Lukas was my 1.2x bonus. Generally this tempest was easier since Linde +Spd +1 +Seal could double Celica and ofc blast everything else. But early on I realized I was surrendering with team 1 (of 4 5* units) just to breeze through with Linde and friends, plus was sometimes doing the Lunatic 5 maps just to burn through natural stamina faster, so I basically gave up the active grind.

Team 1 was Lukas (Reposition), Masked Marth (Renewal/Reciprocal Aid, Fury 3), Celica (Renewal/Reciprocal Aid, Life and Death 2), Summer Tiki (Reposition, Renewal). Celica was actually quite impressive (+Res/-Atk) with QP Blazing Light, but I suppose I’m spoiled by Linde. The team was fairly bulky with self-heals, so they did reasonably well (for the AI) in auto. Not much chance the last map though, and really bad at using Reposition. <_< Regardless autobattle really trivialized things and took almost no real-time/attention investment, so it was pretty convenient for me. A bit more inspired now to actually spend some of my huge feather stock for the classic f2p Horse Emblem (Camus, Xander, Cecilia) for just this purpose..

Team 2 was the classic SI’d Linde/Eirika/Julia with Sakura. Obviously made for actually playing the game, but they usually could still auto steamroll a few maps and usually the rest of the tempest, albeit with sacrifices usually.

Team 3 was some older team members and filler, Robin (TA/QR), Anna (Fury, Reposition), Olivia, Clarine (Wrys’ skillset). Usually could clean up if needed, since they only really came out near the end with all the Red/Colorless on the final map.

A few times Team 4 had to finish things off, which was 4* Michalis, Cherche, Palla, Subaki. 5* Raven and Sanaki were still just partially leveled. >_>

Anyways, managed to get Phantom Speed comfortably. Julia actually might find it useful since she’s mainly there to beat Green mages, and the occasional Soren usually can’t be countered which can be annoying (especially with dances). I run Life and Death 2 on Julia now with Fury/G Tomebreaker Sonya running about at 34 Spd neutral. So Phantom Spd stops Watersweep up to 36 Spd, 40 if Eirika is buffing.  

On 16/7/2017 at 10:16 PM, Gustavos said:

I'm losing a few runs due to surrendering with my bonus unit, then surrendering with my actual team while being distracted by a side activity. Dang, what a waste of stamina. I should hit 60K points soon, but I'm feeling a lot less confident about ending this TT with a top 5000 ranked score. Especially now that I know at least 1000 of those players have already scored past 100K, which leads me to believe a majority of the top 5000 players will attain the same feat by the end. 

That's so funny.

On 16/7/2017 at 9:28 PM, Quintessence said:

Why 8 [

That's why.

On 16/7/2017 at 9:12 PM, Zeo said:

Bold: This is why I said you lack nukes. Yes, as you said before you have a counter for each character and full coverage over the weapon triangle, which by default is something you would expect one to have, but it's not always what wins the stages, not in the trials. Originally I had a balanced team and if you have the right units (Azura is one of them) then it can work, but otherwise it can be difficult.

Yes, each of your characters does their job, even fairly well, but they fit so tightly into their squares that it's hard to deviate from a single strategy, problem is the Trials are unpredictable. There is always that map with the hard counter you need 2 or 3 units to finish, or the wrong combination of units clustered together, or a character with WoM, or a dancer. And when you have a team as delicate as yours, one casualty spells death. This is why I said you need to play perfectly. You said you only need to think, but thing is, that can get hard after the 100th run.

You put that amazingly into words, this time around. Like, you can see how this can get extremely tedious having to go at it many, many times. Ironically, when you try to rush it, it ends up costing you to the point you're working triple to cuadruple the amount. Me, for example? I made 12k in each of these two last days. I'm making that out of 100-200 runs, and even somewhat ragequitting in the earlier stages if one of my peeps happens to day.

Definitely not hitting 100k. But at this rate, I may have a shot for the 90. At the very least, 80. Currently at 59k.

On 16/7/2017 at 9:12 PM, Zeo said:

ORKO with Faye.

Faye? 1RKO??? DENTAL PLAN!?!?

I'm on the home stretch.  I've got 94,088 with a couple days to go, plus whatever I can get done tonight.  I'm at Rank 6040, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to Rank grind.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I'm on the home stretch.  I've got 94,088 with a couple days to go, plus whatever I can get done tonight.  I'm at Rank 6040, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to Rank grind.

You can do it!!!!!!!! I believe! I'm sitting at around 102k right now which puts me in the top 3k. (Last time I checked, I think I was about 2500?) Getting over 100k points may very well get you into the top 5k.

just got to 50k points. I'm thoroughly fed up with it lol. I want to aim for those three more orbs at 60k but my main team all maxed out their HM now so I have even less motivation to grind than before and it feels a bit late to try to set up a proper alt team with not!yet!HM!maxed