Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

Withholding the best SoV unit, coz she she da boss, dawg + mediocre units as bonus units + putting the other useful unit Genny in a garbage banner for an ultimate waste of orbs. Nicely done, IS. At least it will be easy for me to keep my orbs at the moment, even if I'd like a Genny at some point, but oh well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ursula + Reinhardt e z game :)  We still dont know the seals???  Idgaf about stupid Tobin, last thing i need is a ANOTHER sword user I have to use crapy alm in this trial too gooooaan...  Healer Tharja felt like the most useful unit ever last time!  This game has been an epic let down since the bride garbage.  Well new features are nice and ill be stoked for an actual interesting hero set...

Edited by Chromatone

49 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Why, oh why, oh why did I destroy all my Odins for Moonbow. Whhhhhhhy?!

I have a ton of Odins, but I doubt I have enough units who can deal with every shenanigan to always give him those buffs, especially since I never got a spare Roy or a Roy to begin with for T-Adept 3. At least defeated enemies stay dead, but still.

Also, by default the only unit who can attack and kill Celica at full HP is 5* Cordelia and that's mostly from T-Adept 3 because Hinoka and an Est with Brave Lance+ fall short of 15 damage without it. T-Adept 2 leaves her with 1 HP. Aside from those 3, the next best bets are Abel, Azura, Camus, bride Charlotte, Donnel, Effie, Ephraim, Luke, Ogma, summer F!Robin, and Sharena. By default, all of them will need a dancer -- you can give Azura another turn if you take off her Sing assist, but that's not ideal --, some of these need to be 5*, most will need attack buffs even as 5* units, they can't be -Atk, and I think all, but Azura, Cordelia, Effie, and summer F!Robin die if Celica attacks them. Brave and Sapphire Lance are probably the best bet to get as much damage in. Everyone else takes like +4 rounds of combat because nobody has 43 speed to double her.

Depending on SI, there are other ways like Clair with a Sapphire Lance+, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, and Iceberg can counter kill Celica. Y'all have some of those skills lying around, right? :P

For those wondering, 5* Reinhardt, the destroyer off all things, needs to be +Atk with Death Blow 3 and +6 total attack buffs to kill her. Otherwise, he dies on counter. =Atk Reinhardt misses the mark without Hone and Goad Cavalry buffs.

Edit: 5* Ursula with Blarblade or Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker just needs one Hone Attack 3 to attack and kill or counter kill Celica at full HP. 4* Ursula with Blarblade or Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker will need one Hone Attack 3 and one something else or one Hone or one Fortify Cavalry. If she only has Blarblade, then 4* Ursula dies without while 5* lives with 1 HP. Have fun.

Edited by Kaden

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I have a ton of Odins, but I doubt I have enough units who can deal with every shenanigan to always give him those buffs, especially since I never got a spare Roy or a Roy to begin with for T-Adept 3. At least defeated enemies stay dead, but still.

Also, by default the only unit who can attack and kill Celica at full HP is 5* Cordelia and that's mostly from T-Adept 3 because Hinoka and an Est with Brave Lance+ fall short of 15 damage without it. T-Adept 2 leaves her with 1 HP. Aside from those 3, the next best bets are Abel, Azura, Camus, bride Charlotte, Donnel, Effie, Ephraim, Luke, Ogma, summer F!Robin, and Sharena. By default, all of them will need a dancer -- you can give Azura another turn if you take off her Sing assist, but that's not ideal --, some of these need to be 5*, most will need attack buffs even as 5* units, they can't be -Atk, and I think all, but Azura, Cordelia, Effie, and summer F!Robin die if Celica attacks them. Brave and Sapphire Lance are probably the best bet to get as much damage in. Everyone else takes like +4 rounds of combat because nobody has 43 speed to double her.

Depending on SI, there are other ways like Clair with a Sapphire Lance+, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, and Iceberg can counter kill Celica. Y'all have some of those skills lying around, right? :P

For those wondering, 5* Reinhardt, the destroyer off all things, needs to be +Atk with Death Blow 3 and +6 total attack buffs to kill her. Otherwise, he dies on counter. =Atk Reinhardt misses the mark without Hone and Goad Cavalry buffs.

Edit: 5* Ursula with Blarblade or Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker just needs one Hone Attack 3 to attack and kill or counter kill Celica at full HP. 4* Ursula with Blarblade or Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker will need one Hone Attack 3 and one something else or one Hone or one Fortify Cavalry. If she only has Blarblade, then 4* Ursula dies without while 5* lives with 1 HP. Have fun.

I have all of one Odin, but I don't think I have what it takes to get him to where he needs to be to beat her, and I'm not sacrificing him for skills. I think Linde remains my best bet. I'll wait til I see the map and then figure something out -.-

Thanks for running the calcs :)

4 hours ago, Korath88 said:

the boss of this TT isn't Veronica, it's Celica. That's why she isn't on the banner.

FINALLY, SOMETHING I CAN TAKE OUT!

5* Tobin, here I come! Bring it Lunatic Tempest Trials, you are going to be swarmed with Crows.

(Alright, it's likely that there'll be not-red units there, but I am feeling good about this one)

Has it been confirmed that the boss is Celica? Because if it is...I'm gong to have some trouble. Blue is by far my weakest color. I only have three of them at 5* and none of them can reliably take out a red mage in one turn, let alone a TT boosted red mage. 

And here I thought I wouldn't need Reinhardt for this...

I might be able to manage something with Sharena, but otherwise this is going to be pretty annoying. Maybe I have a Red Tomebreaker fodder lying around...

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Maybe I have a Red Tomebreaker fodder lying around...

If only it wasn’t limited to Odin. I only ever had one Odin and used him up without noticing I had a spare Palla…

Just now, Vaximillian said:

If only it wasn’t limited to Odin. I only ever had one Odin and used him up without noticing I had a spare Palla…

Right Odin, totaly forgot he has it.

Luckely I pulled another copy of him today, so I should be safe for now. I'd rather have used him for Moonbow though...

Whelp...looks like the Celica's stats have been released. To counter this, I finally promoted my +atk Reinhardt. He won't have deathblow but I can give him Atk + 3, Moonbow, and Quickened Pulse. So he should be good to go! I'm thinking Nino, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Faye as my main team. I might switch Olivia for Genny if I feel a healer is more necessary then a dancer. 

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I have all of one Odin, but I don't think I have what it takes to get him to where he needs to be to beat her, and I'm not sacrificing him for skills. I think Linde remains my best bet. I'll wait til I see the map and then figure something out -.-

Thanks for running the calcs :)

Eh, no problem. I just saw the damage everyone took and remembered Odin has R Tomebreaker. He also has Blarblade, so, I thought "What if?" and sure enough, Odin's actually useful. In my case, I've summoned I think 5 Odins and 4 of them have been +Spd, -Res, 3 of which happened in a row and it would have been four if the fourth Odin didn't show up like +HP, -Def or something.

Odin and the Blue Mages in spoiler. Hope I didn't mess up any of these. Be pretty sad since all I did was punch in numbers on KageroChart.

Spoiler

Odin is probably the cheapest in terms of skill inheritance to hard counter Celica assuming her stats are final and that's actually Lunatic Celica and not, Mila forbid, hard Celica. All you need is T-Adept 3; all you need is a 4* Roy or a 5* Cordelia or Selena. The other blue mages requires that you get R Tomebreaker and/or T-Adept. R Tomebreaker I'm not sure how needed it is for arena, but T-Adept on the blue mages would probably just be M!Robin. Still, you need to get 2 skills which total up to about 1050 SP to Odin's T-Adept 3 and you're done.

I went over what a =Atk Odin with T-Adept 3 would need; 5* needs one Hone Attack 3, 4* needs at least one Hone Attack 2 and +4 to two other stats, so, your usual Eirika or Ephraim support unit, and 3* needs +3 to all stats or +3 attack, +4 to two other stats, and one Attack +1 seal, but it's probably easier to go with +3 attack and +4 speed from Eirika or Ephraim, and have 4 other units buff his defense and resistance. Or, if you had a Roderick, you could have Eirika or Ephraim with Hone Speed 3 use Rally Defense Resistance on Odin. Rally Attack Speed works, but you'd need +4 to his defense and resistance. 5* Odin with T-Adept 2 would need +4 attack and another +4 to speed or whatever, 4* would need +4 attack and 2 others, and 3* needs +4 to attack, +4 to 2 others, and an Attack +1 seal or just +3 attack and +4 to the other 3.

Here's the fun part: a +Atk 3* or 4* Odin with T-Adept 3 with +4 attack and +4 to anything or a Spur Attack 3 can counter kill Celica. If you only have T-Adept 2, +Atk 4* Odin needs +4 to attack and another stat and an Attack +1 seal or like, +Atk 3* Odin, needs +3 attack and +4 to 2 other stats. If you somehow have a 5* Odin, T-Adept 2 and one Hone Attack is all you need.

Odin's also kind of a safe option. He has high HP, decent defense and resistance, and he's fast enough to avoid getting doubled by most of the units and all red mages because of his default R Tomebreaker. All of this, of course, comes at having terribly low attack. Of the blue mages, only Linde, and 5* Mae and Ursula survive against full HP Celica. Olwen is one HP short and spring Lucina, M!Robin, Reinhardt, 4* and below Mae and Ursula, and -Res or -Spd bride Caeda and 5* Mae, -Spd Linde are screwed without R Tomebreaker or T-Adept. Neutral Linde by default is the only one to survive with above single digit HP at 15 HP. Everyone else skirts around 3 to 1 HP.  Everyone else, but Odin.

If Celica is not at full HP, then spring Lucina, Olwen with Dire Thunder -- not having it equipped stops her from getting doubled if =Spd, so she'll live with higher HP --, 5* Reinhardt, 4* Mae and Ursula, and -Spd Linde and +Res 4* Reinhardt will escape dying. M!Robin never escapes getting killed by Celica without being +Res as a 5* -- +Res below that still gets him killed -- or having R Tomebreaker or T-Adept.

Anyway, bride Caeda can 2RKO full HP Celica with R Tomebreaker even if she's -Atk since Iceberg will activate and power through Celica's Distant Defense 3. If you gave her Blarblade+, she just needs at least Hone Attack 2 to counter kill full HP Celica. If she's -Atk or only has Blarblade, then an addition of +4 to her other stat e.g. 5* Eirika buffing bride Caeda.

Neutral Linde with R Tomebreaker and at least an Attack +1 seal can counter kill full HP Celica. If she doesn't and she's just vanilla Linde, she can 2RKO Celica. Bait her to get damage in and then finish off Celica on your player turn. Just be careful since this needs Linde to be at least at 21 HP.

Spring Lucina can 2RKO full HP Celica with R Tomebreaker, but she'll need +4 to attack if she's -Atk to do so.

Not safe, but 5* Mae can take one hit from full HP Celica and kill her with at least +2 to attack. NOT RECOMMENDED since Mae's stuck for the rest of the map with 1 HP. 5* or 4* Mae with R Tomebreaker and +4 to attack is way safer. If Mae is -Atk, then she'll need another round regardless if she's 5* or 4* which is kind of fine since Mae's going to be pretty healthy. 5* -Atk Mae can counter kill Celica if she has T-Adept 3, least T-Adept 1 and +4 to attack, or 2 buddies standing next to her and +4 attack.

Olwen's a bit weird. I've never used her outside of Voting Gauntlet and I think that was like a level 1 to 10 Olwen. Anyway, Olwen with just R Tomebreaker and +4 to attack can 2RKO Celica even if she's -Atk; bait and then finish off. With Blarblade or Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker, Olwen just needs one Hone Cavalry to counter kill full HP Celica. If she's not on a cavalry team, +4 to attack and another stat with Blarblade+ or +4 to attack and 2 other stats with Blarblade. Do people even put T-Adept on her? Well, if you do, Blarblade and T-Adept 3 just needs a Hone Attack 3 buff while T-Adept 2 needs Eirika or +4 to attack and +4 to another stat.

5* Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 needs Hone Cavalry and Goad Cavalry to ORKO full HP Celica. +Atk only needs Hone Cavalry. I'd rather not try to counter kill with Reinhardt. You can, but you'd need R Tomebreaker and if he's 4* and not -Atk, at least +2 to attack. -Atk 4* Reinhardt needs +4 attack with Ragnarok's recoil definitely helping.

5* M!Robin with R Tomebreaker and T-Adept 3 counter kills a full HP Celica. Without T-Adept, he'll 2RKO her; Bonfire will also activate when he attacks her. As a 4*, he'll 2RKO her with R Tomebreaker regardless if he has T-Adept or not. If he only has T-Adept 3 --T-Adept 1 gets him killed while T-Adept 2 lets him live with 1 HP and he won't do enough damage -- as a 4*, he runs into a Mae situation where he'll barely survive since he gets doubled and T-Adept 3 isn't enough to cover his low resistance. It works, but it's not ideal. 5* M!Robin will have more HP, but still, not ideal.

For default Ursula, 5* Ursula with R Tomebreaker will barely live with 5 HP if she baits and finishes off full HP Celica. 4* Ursula cannot do this since Celica normally does 15 damage to 4* Ursula and after baiting full HP Celica, Ursula only has 14 HP. 4* Ursula would need both +4 attack and +4 resistance to live and kill Celica. 3* Ursula would need like +8 attack and +8 resistance -- just promote her. 5* Ursula with Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker just needs one Hone Attack 3, Blarblade or 4* Ursula with Blarblade+ would need +4 to an additional stat, and 3* or 4* Ursula with Blarblade needs Hone Attack 3 and +4 to 2 other stats or one Hone Cavalry.

The cheapest option, however, is Donnel. Everyone had, at some point, free access to him and were able to get 3 of him from 1* to 2* as special map Donnel to 3* as quest Donnel from one of the sacred seals quests. 3* and 4* Donnel can 2RKO Celica while potentially pulling himself back to safety with Drag Back. Alternatively, 3* and 4* Est and 4* Catria with Brave Lance can 2RKO Celica. Note: you can only get free Catria and Est if you were playing when the Pegasus Sisters quests were available.

Est has the same base attack as Donnel. Catria's is lower and she needs Luna to activate to 2RKO full HP Celica. Otherwise, Catria will need at least +2 to attack.

Edited by Kaden

Looking at Tobin's character art, I'm sensing a new weapon and special skill.  I'm not sure I've seen any special that would warrant green auras, which is why I'm thinking it's something new.  

And his weapon is obviously not your average sword.  Additionally, it doesn't look like any swords in the base game.

27 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I'm not sure I've seen any special that would warrant green auras,

Growing Wind, Blazing Wind, Astra.

Or, you know, he could just come without a special skill at all or with a defensive special skill.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Growing Wind, Blazing Wind, Astra.

Or, you know, he could just come without a special skill at all or with a defensive special skill.

Could be those.  His special portrait just stands out way too much to me to think he isn't given a special skill.  

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Could be those.  His special portrait just stands out way too much to me to think he isn't given a special skill.  

Tobin just got datamined. He has no special skill. Spoilers below for those who want to see his base kit!

Spoiler

Comes with: Armorslayer+, Pivot, Atk +3, Seal speed 3

Image may contain: one or more people and text

courtesy of 

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

SNIP

Hide contents

It would be nice to have someone who can take her out on the bait side, since that was a major tactic with the previous TT that I had, but I do have a Donnel ready to go. I'll have to see if I have a spare Roy. If I do, I do have a single Odin left over, since I always keep at least one unit :) And Olivia would be useful, since she already comes with hone attack, which then is a +8 to his attack. 

Incidentally, since it doesn't matter if units in a team die, sacrificing a unit to kill another is a fair tactic, depending on if the map is anything like Veronica's was... 

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Tobin just got datamined. He has no special skill. Spoilers below for those who want to see his base kit!

Hide contents

Comes with: Armorslayer+, Pivot, Atk +3, Seal speed 3

Image may contain: one or more people and text

courtesy of 

Spoiler

Interesting.  Looks good, but not great.  BST of 163, as predicted.  Though, he looks a bit more useful than the others.  Wish he had a bit more speed though.  I think my M!Corrin is just better.

Edited by Lushen

4* Mae is too slow to take on Celica (28 Spd cap at neutral, which makes her default Desperation a wasted skill)... and she's got nowhere as much firepower as Reinhardt does.

Looks like I'd have to go with the scumbag surrender tactic for this one.

Based on the screenshot, the enemies for the final map are:

Celica

Melee cavalier

Melee infantry

Bow (or physical?) infantry

Mage infantry

This is going to be tough. Not sure if using the same team may be effective for this one in case of stuff like Niles or Felicia.

11 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Wow, no weapon skill even!

Edited by Roflolxp54

15 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Look again above the image.

Ah, didn't get shown in the screenshot.

Celica looks much more ridiculous compared to Veronica. 38 Spd and Distant Defense 3 on top of Ragnarok's passive effect when at full HP. This pretty much necessitates keeping Bride Lyn alive long enough to shut down counterattacks (she already has Miracle, meaning she can tank a full round of Celica from full HP if Lyn has at least 39 HP remaining (-Res Bride Lyn -> (effective 58 - 21) * 2))... Yeah, looks like I'll have to use the same team for better or worse.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Tobin

having the armorslayer+ is real lame. I was hoping that he'd get a unique sword to go with, well, the sword in his artwork. At the very least I'd much rather have Ruby+ or Silver+ tbh

Tobin's spread isn't too bad..but i feel that on my M!Corrin just kinda..filling the same role but better. 

although if you redistribute his spread with L&D, he becomes a tankier, stronger neutral Lucina with 2 less speed. 

L&D Tobin: 44/37/34/28/21

N. Lucina:  43/34/36/25/19

but then you're wasting an A slot just to make him have a "viable" stat spread and...ugh..idk..i'll figure out something..probably more niche than i'd want...

and yeah the Armorslayer+ is pretty meh.

Edited by wizzard of soz

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Incidentally, since it doesn't matter if units in a team die, sacrificing a unit to kill another is a fair tactic, depending on if the map is anything like Veronica's was... 

Yeah, there's that option too. For those who don't care about deathless runs, find them to be a hassle, or don't think they can do it, what you can do is clear all the maps with whatever team or teams that are reliable enough to do so and on the last map, surrender, and switch to a team that you know can handle the it. What this does is forces Celica to not be at full HP. Full HP Celica has 122 wins, 0 losses, and 24 draws against 5* units and 129 wins, 0 losses, and 17 draws against 4* and the 5*-only units that spans across every color. If she so much as drops down by 1 HP, her coverage drops to 96 wins, 0 losses, and 50 draws against 4* and the 5*-only units units. She's still a powerhouse, but she won't be obliterating everything.

Because of the changes to Tempest Trials, a better idea might be to take out as many units as possible on the last map and then surrender or try to do as much damage to Celica and the remaining units. If you can get down to just Celica and you have a Celica counter, then there you go. Seriously, you could destroy everyone or most of everyone and then do some last bits of damage or surrender and deploy Odin Dark, the Conqueror of Zofia's Princess. :p

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

4* Mae is too slow to take on Celica (28 Spd cap at neutral, which makes her default Desperation a wasted skill)... and she's got nowhere as much firepower as Reinhardt does.

Well, when your competition (and best friend) has 38 base speed, the second-highest speed for a playable character, and has 43 effective speed at full HP as a boss, it's pretty rough. That said, it's kind of curious that Mae has Desperation when she's the slowest of its default users. Karel and Shanna have 35 base speed, Navarre has 37, and Mae has 31.

None of the default blue mages are reliable against her even when she's not at full HP. Except for Linde and Odin who has R Tomebreaker, all of them get doubled and are either dead or very close to being dead if she's at full HP and only bride Caeda, spring Lucina, and Olwen without Dire Thunder don't get doubled if she's not at full HP.

R Tomebreaker is basically a necessity at this point for the blue mages and it's much rougher to bait full HP Celica than with full HP Veronica when she kills almost all of the blues and reds. The only neutral blues who don't die are Azura, bride Caeda, Clair, Cordelia, Effie -- without Wary Fighter for whatever reason, she can live with 2 HP --, Est, Florina, Gwendolyn, Jagen, Linde, Mae, Ninian, Nowi, Peri, summer F!Robin, Shanna, Subaki, Sully, and Ursula while the only reds who don't die are Fir, Lon'qu, and Zephiel because of Wary Fighter. Mind you, these are all 5* units.

If they were 4* units, then Est, Fir, Mae, Nowi, Peri, Shanna, and Ursula will die while the others are barely hanging on. Oh, and don't even try using a colorless unit to bait her at full HP since the only one who'll live is summer Gaius. Hope you have a gem weapon, R Tomebreaker, T-Adept, and whatever helpful skills like Distant Counter, Wary Fighter, or Quick Riposte because you will not be surviving against a Celica at full HP. Otherwise, get real good at positioning.

Edited by Kaden

My Mae is ready.

Spoiler

Gwi78gM.jpg

+8 Mae [+Spd, -HP] (Blarowl+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3)

Double attacks and one-round kills Celica with Hone Spd 3 (from Tharja) and one stack of Blarowl, even through Distant Def.