Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

Just now, Kaden said:

Well, when your competition (and best friend) has 38 base speed, the second-highest speed for a playable character, and has 43 effective speed at full HP as a boss, it's pretty rough. That said, it's kind of curious that Mae has Desperation when she's the slowest of its default users. Karel and Shanna have 35 base speed, Navarre has 37, and Mae has 31.

None of the default blue mages are reliable against her even when she's not at full HP. Except for Linde and Odin who has R Tomebreaker, all of them get doubled and are either dead or very close to being dead if she's at full HP and only bride Caeda, spring Lucina, and Olwen without Dire Thunder don't get doubled if she's not at full HP.

R Tomebreaker is basically a necessity at this point for the blue mages and it's much rougher to bait full HP Celica than with full HP Veronica when she kills almost all of the blues and reds. The only neutral blues who don't die are Azura, bride Caeda, Clair, Cordelia, Effie -- without Wary Fighter for whatever reason, she can live with 2 HP --, Est, Florina, Gwendolyn, Jagen, Linde, Mae, Ninian, Nowi, Peri, summer F!Robin, Shanna, Subaki, Sully, and Ursula while the only reds who don't die are Fir, Lon'qu, and Zephiel because of Wary Fighter. Mind you, these are all 5* units.

Hmm... my Reinhardt does have R Tomebreaker 2 in reserve and I could use Bride Lyn (who has Miracle) as a bait unit as long as Lyn has 39+ HP remaining if Celica is at full HP, no other buffs considered - plus, Celica would chip herself since Celica would be initiating and Lyn has enough Atk to chip Celica on top of gimping her of counterattacks. However, Lancebreaker 3 has been helpful to Reinhardt since he doesn't always score kills on lance users, especially Jagen. Heck, +Atk Reinhardt (with DB2) can fail to ORKO Eliwood if Reinhardt doesn't have a Hone Atk 3 buff.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i guess i'm set, if the Celica in TT has the same stats (and same Special..imagine if she had Moonbow lol..) as the Bond Battle thing. Klein with R. Tomebreaker ORKOs her. also, if he has one or zero charge on Moonbow when initiating he gets two Moonbows off, just in case a pesky defense tile thought it had something to say. actually, i don't think that would even kill her, but with Hone or Spur Atk we're good. i also gave my Robin the full R. Tomebreaker set way back when SI was first introduced, so that can be a decent backup..he's +Res, too.

Edited by wizzard of soz

She's not that big an issue even if she has infernal stats. It's just that hone speed from the axe flier makes her basically instakill almost anything she touches.

Also it's funny how they excluded Lukas and Clair from the tempest banner so they could put them in the bound hero banner. Celica being excluded was kind of a punch in the face though considering she's probably the most attractive unit to pull for. That aside, They really should have just put Lukas in the Tempest Banner as a 40% unit and Faye in the bound one. Good chance for anyone that wants Genny though. But with me needing a tempest character AND wanting the summer units, I simply don't have the orbs to try for her. Oh well.

Cool thing is that the bound hero battle basically means a banner with characters from that game. So go ahead and give me the Eliwood/Hector battle so I can pull for Lyn. Just don't make Lyn the one character you can't pull for... make it Eliwood. No one wants him anyway.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, wizzard of soz said:

well i guess i'm set, if the Celica in TT has the same stats (and same Special..imagine if she had Moonbow lol..) as the Bond Battle thing. Klein with R. Tomebreaker ORKOs her. also, if he has one or zero charge on Moonbow when initiating he gets two Moonbows off, just in case a pesky defense tile thought it had something to say. actually, i don't think that would even kill her, but with Hone or Spur Atk we're good. i also gave my Robin the full R. Tomebreaker set way back when SI was first introduced, so that can be a decent backup..he's +Res, too.

I'm just going to promote the Reinhardt I just got and call it a day.

26 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

going to the dark side, eh?

I wouldn't look at it that way. After all, I don't pick fights I can't win.

He's not +Atk, but he'll do the job all the same.

Then there's the issue of not having a 1.4x bonus unit so I'd rather make the grind less painful

Tomorrow is the big day, we'll see how bad it is. Now if leveling up units after level 30 wasn't so much of a pain, I would be more prepared. 

I know for sure Ragnarok will be ready. Nothing like wiping small fries after doing taxes. 

Spoiler

xnO7pA2SAf4AnOnvK8_v5pEk9XnfdiyznRjTqfptPKLPNBUz23gxgw2HUh36A39guiSarKBJhr32_T3Qpn9ubLZvLh0o_plPrDogDzG923qhaDQqrXpQzBFvxwv_YegEZ5KW3uQteSHHU7gE7uogpWIp6FoWwIzdzNVuFzKXyMTiTKgK0ZhImBNZcS-eut3GUmypQr9imIycURpudJObHs5Ll8v-VCQXsjh5dVxF8HglVYNyVewX1ak_Ik-bFFOMZAIr3yBIaCK-k0M9OhUceF1kcJ_Cyj54j09wIO25Y2BhWmUeQ8D67msQMXu1f0iDrAG6CcU1XBQlZCUt4dS0q2ZtU-Ud2KRfiV2CE_5aSDHR6Li5eK5TLGFwCz3aa99-0myfo5wHyK7Z95XKBdyoJsIQnq1P8G6QDzbih2wJ1f1vTdjXmUCrkYB-t-aJR-fS_i2vB_79kMNa6eWVKOlWRJTWAH6iNzTKKjzCqWNgdb4-ukpvQtt7y20qye9Y2WeLHMHwQDdyfSqaJWhzpDwNO0AyMFueEmEKVulhmMSYqW-meS3nOQF69HmV1jj6uWqPFGfydWKDE1rZNQBP5GDtqeB2k_9v3lvr3pP9LKe6Q2h402BCTZN2hnN05g=s600-no

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I wouldn't look at it that way. After all, I don't pick fights I can't win.

He's not +Atk, but he'll do the job all the same.

Then there's the issue of not having a 1.4x bonus unit so I'd rather make the grind less painful

Not using Ursula the god smh

34 minutes ago, JSND said:

Not using Ursula the god smh

I'm just waiting for Olwen to come along, I swear!

Horse Murdertwins sounds fun. Except they're actually siblings unlike Camus and Xander who are really just the same person tbh

40,000 for a skill that just helps protect you againt Wind/Watersweep mainly. Huh. Not nearly as interesting as QP was, but I guess it could be useful for future GHB and stuff since recent ones and Alm/Celica's thing have shown they like using that skill on some enemies.

Edited by Alkaid

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also PSA: There are quests for clearing Tempest Trial's last map up to 3 times that last for only 24 hours.

Fortunately, it says "one of", not "the final map of Lunatic", so we can just cheese the quests for a whole 1 stamina potion, 1500 crystals, and 150 feathers.

The cheese this time is kinda weak, but... hey, cheese.

11 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Tobin leak was real. RIP

...That was an announcement.

So only 40,000? Wow, that's... amazing. I want to know my calcs.

Also, Alm/Nino/Sharena/Klein is going great- no one died until after Celica did, and I think I got perfect speed.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...That was an announcement.

So only 40,000? Wow, that's... amazing. I want to know my calcs.

Also, Alm/Nino/Sharena/Klein is going great- no one died until after Celica did, and I think I got perfect speed.

I meant his skillset. That's honestly the real tragedy here. Not only do they make him another sword unit, they give him the worst sword in the game as well.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I meant his skillset. That's honestly the real tragedy here. Not only do they make him another sword unit, they give him the worst sword in the game as well.

To be fair, for all the sword units in the game there are like two good and free for use swords in the game, three if Ruby Sword+ is counted. Silver Sword might have been better in the long-run though...

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Hey, they gave him one of @Arcanite’s favourite skills.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Oh, that.

Armourslayer+ sucks, yeah. Another problem: Armourslayer+ is already a skill we can pull without spending feathers. Ruby and Silver are not only better alternatives, but there is no 5* unit with them.

Seal Speed is his major, Attack is his minor.

I think the new final map is a bit easier than Veronica's, but it's pretty scary having all the non-archer/dagger units spawn as red units alongside Celica. My Cordelia had to clutch the map out last run since she was my only blue.

First attempt at my first run and got a perfect score though. Cool!