Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Welp.

I haven't started yet, but I ran some calcs in search of my dedicated Celica slayer until I can promote a Reinhardt, and things are looking pretty bleak.

+Atk Bride Cordelia with the Atk seal and a Hone Atk buff (55 Atk) and Draconic Aura up does 38+22 to Lunatic Celica, or 60 damage. Celica has 63 HP.

R Tomebreaker isn't even an option since TT Celica has 58 Atk with Ragnarok when the best I can do is 55 magic bulk with a Fortify Res buff (36 HP + 19 Res).

What do

You can always try giving someone Spur Attack. Also, wouldn't your Bridelia tank a hit if she's on a defensive tile?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I've got my work cut out for me here... It took me a few tries just to complete a hard set of maps. My overall score is only just over 600 right now with a team of Summer Freddy, Azura, Alm, and Nino. I don't know how I'd ever survive the Lunatic maps. I could just stick with normal and hard, but that makes the work to get the seals or Tobin pretty tedious... And I still want to finish leveling up Summer Female Robin, Olivia, and then Ninian to use on other potential teams for this in case Azura winds up knocked out (having all three dancers really is a godsend, I guess).

I'm trying to get a better score than last time because I wouldn't mind having Tobin or more seals. Tobin looks like a Zelda OC I created years ago. Except scrawnier. Man is he scrawny here. lol They use the same weapon here too (swords). Whoa.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

You can always try giving someone Spur Attack. Also, wouldn't your Bridelia tank a hit if she's on a defensive tile?

Only my Lucina and Hana have it, and running them would mean running without a healer, which makes the first six maps tougher since Cordelia can't let herself get hit, period, and Lukas can't tank as liberally.

Good note on the fort tile though, thanks. I have 4 Odins for R Tomebreaker fodder, so I'll autolevel a -Atk one to give to Cordelia.

Edited by MrSmokestack

I think I will go for 99k this time around. Even though I only have Sharena (and Clair lol) and thus getting lower score then last time this TT is so much easier and quicker burnout isn't really issue. Atm I have 5,5k another 2k is today's goal.

Also I think it's better have Tobin than not, you never know when you will need 5* Armorslayer and until then he is nice company while lazing in castle.

Aside from the final map (mainly because of Celica), none of them are actually infuriating. I think I will have an easier time reaching 100k+ this time 'round.

I totally dig the daily quests. I was hoping they'd give us some TT quests for stamina potions, but they went further to give us crystals to help level units to 40, and some feathers to pay for skill inheritance. How considerate! And the update says the rewards will be doubled on the final week of the Trial.

Not having a 1.4 bonus unit hurts, but I do have a Lukas to sacrifice, so still managing 500+.

Thought Faye was going to be deadweight but she's not too bad! WoM Faye for Draw Back + WoM Olivia ensure that Reinhardt and Nino can do their jobs. It also helps that Celica normally goes to the front lines so I can kill her fast. 

Edited by Kiran

I'm having an easy time with lunatic just wish i had one of the 40% heroes sigh.... I'm using my staple tempest team since last tempest, not caring about sp for other units, my team consists of 

-Nino, op fury 2 and desperation 3

-Nowi, handles almost all colorless and all red with quick riposte

-Olivia, axe breaker and triangle adept.

-Priscilla- renewall and her vanilla set 

All of them are 5 stars except for priscilla, i usually get to map 7 with this team kill as many units as I can and then wipe the reaminign units using a random team containing ither sharena or lukas for the 20% bonus. 

The maps are pretty easy this time, but it really hurts that I don't have a 40% unit. I suppose I'll use this as an excuse to SP farm even more.

This time I'm using my proto-Horse Emblem team (Reinhardt, Eldigan, Priscilla, Lukas) instead of my nuke team because Nino has like 8k SP and I don't want her to keep hogging all the SP, if I start lagging in my daily goals then I'll change to the team I used last time (Nino, Olivia, Lukas, Lucina).

A consistent map selection has made this much less stressful than the last TT.  I was dreading the 11-5 map, but thankfully they left it out.  Currently running Eirika/Mae/Azura/Wrys, who can usually make it to the seventh map before having to hand it over to my horse team.  Is it just me, or did they make the speed rank more lenient this time?  I feel like I've taken way more turns than I should on some of my runs, yet I've gotten an A every single time.   

Tobin seems pretty useless, but I suppose there's no use complaining about a free 5*. 

9 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Update: Map 7 can have dancers. I hate map 7.

WHAT

That complicates things XD

I just pulled a +Spd Alm and I'm training him up for bonus units

Not gonna go anything special. Just gonna slap reposition on him and win @JSND

Finally got my first 705 Lunatic run in. 

Good news: this team of Y!Tiki, 4*Boey, Reinhardt, Ninian can clear all of the battles

Bad news: I had to sell my FE soul to the reaper on a horse

At least Nino gets to take a break

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

WHAT

That complicates things XD

Yep, I guess the last TT spoiled us by not having any melee infantry. This new map has the melee infantry placed precisely to dance Celica after she attacks somebody on the upper right defensive tile. Since there are so many melee infantry, the chances of getting a dancer are slim. But Ninian has wings of mercy, and Azura could be given a warp skill randomly since she lacks a B skill. Scary.

55 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Update: Map 7 can have dancers. I hate map 7.

Yep, I got one of those.  And she was in range of Cecilia's first two moves so yea - bye team.

Cecilia is just OP.  Veronica was bad enough but my Bride Cordelia does literally 7x2 damage. Spring!Camilla and Ninian do 0 damage while Lloyd does a little but hasn't been doubling.  It literally takes 3 turns for me to kill her on my main team.  

My other team has Effie, which helps a lot but I still lose on the last stage often enough.

28 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Cecilia

Cecilia != Celica.

In other news, what’s your Arena Ferox of this tempest? Ram Valley (P9-3) is mine. The line of defenders always causes my units to get caught in a crossfire.
I usually either lose somebody or get them crippled. Second boat map (with a horizontal line of unbreakable crates) deserves a dishonourable mention for often screwing me up with the defender’s line-up.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Cecilia != Celica.

In other news, what’s your Arena Ferox of this tempest? Fear Mountain (11-3) is mine. The line of defenders always causes my units to get caught in a crossfire.
I usually either lose somebody or get them crippled. Second boat map (with a horizontal line of unbreakable crates) deserves a dishonourable mention for often screwing me up with the defender’s line-up.

Fear Mountain is the Clair map right?

That, the breakable crates with 2 enemy above and below, and the cornered fort are my bane

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fear Mountain (11-3) is mine.

ugh...if i'm thinking what you're thinking then that's mine too. one of the times it was an Eldigan, Cordelia, and Barst..and of course, Eldigan has Lunge..none of my squishy babbies can tank a brave hit to the face..i got strangled by that death trap of a choke point.

24 minutes ago, JSND said:

9 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

if i'm thinking what you're thinking then that's mine too.

qHRRDYY.jpg

It’s actually P9-3 (based on Ram Valley), I suck at remembering maps.

Edited by Vaximillian

Alright, it seems I can decently handle this with a team of Nino, Reinhardt, Olivia and Sharena. I was thinking of using Tharja at first, but Rein's killing power seems more important then color balance.

15 minutes ago, JSND said:

I really hate that Clair map. For some reason I keep letting Nino or Reinhardt die, which forced me to clear the whole thing with only one nuke (since it seems to always appear as the first or second map for me). It's still manageble, but even Nino and Rein have trouble dealing with a color they're weak against...

At least my Reinhardt can destroy Celica after a hone Attack buff, which makes the final map a lot easier.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

360px-Map_X0043.png?version=222352e867dc

It’s actually P9-3 (based on Ram Valley), I suck at remembering maps.

yeah that's the abomination one. makes me wanna field a tank real bad, but...SP for Lon'qu..

Well figured a way to beat this with Horse Emblem and Alm pretty easy.
Just turn the guy into a support unit:

Assist: Reciprocal Aid
Special: Draconic Aura
A: Attack +3
B: Renewal 3 (from Fae 4*)
C: Optional
S: HP+3

Every single round he gets +20hp at the start, so he functions great as a healer.
Running with: Xander, Camus & Cecilia.

Reward for this TT are not really tempting though.
Last TT I grinded 40.000 points on the last day for that seal =D.