Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed a perfect run with Faye, Est, Cherche, and Masked Marth. Both Est and Cherche are running brave builds w/Flier skills. Masked Marth is a combat medic with Renewal 2 and Reciprocal Aid. Cherche just maxed out on HM, so I might switch up the team. But it's fine for now. Faye and Masked Marth both need SP.

The Phantom Spd seal looks pretty pointless. It sounds like it's only relevant for Windsweep/Watersweep...

Just got 4* Tobin two runs ago with my score currently sitting at 7,238 with no stamina pots used at this point.

Current A Team
Alm (+HP, -RES): Falchion, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Attack +3, Renewal 2, Threaten Spd 2, Squad Ace A 1
5* Effie, +1 (+DEF, -SPD): Silver Lance+, Swap, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3, Hone Atk 3, Quickened Pulse
5* Kagero (+SPD, -HP): Poison Dagger+, Ardent Sacrifice, Reprisal, Life and Death 2, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3, Speed +1
Bride!Lyn (+ATK, -DEF): Candlelight, Rehabilitate, Swift-Winds Balm, HP +4, Dazzling Staff 3, Fortify Res 3, Spur Def 1

Current B Team
Leo (+DEF, -RES): Brynhildr, Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Goad Cavalry
Camus: Gradivus, Swap, Luna, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2, Goad Cavalry
Anna: Noatun, Reciprocal Aid, New Moon, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Spur Res 2
4* Priscilla (+HP, -SPD): Pain, Rehabilitate, Solid-Earth Balm, Spur Def 2

Admittedly, I am handicapping myself in the sense that I'm avoiding using units with maxed merits on my A Team so I'm not using anyone from the last TT's A team (Tharja/Nino, Eirika, Klein, Ninian) which I could get 705 score runs with easy. With my current A Team, I've only gotten one run where I scored an A in survival but of course that run was one of the few so far where I didn't get an A for speed. I've mostly been getting 676 score runs (A in Speed, B in Survival) with my current setup, which I'm perfectly fine with. Provided I'm not an idiot and overlook things that are right in front of my face, I can get my A Team to the final map intact at which I pretty much have to always fall back on my B Team to clear it except for the one time my A Team managed to beat it. However, both Effie and Bride!Lyn are getting really close to maxing their merits, so my A Team will likely look a little different in a few runs time.

Can I also say that I'm really relieved that Nuibaba's map was excluded from these TTs? Because thank God they decided to spare us from that.

Edited by Tybrosion

Pretty surprised to see Celica as the final boss on her own. Expected to see her with Veronica. Future tempests will be pretty interesting

I've only done one run thus far (perfect AA run on hard-5, just to check out the final map), but mannnnnn I am so glad Phantom speed ii a 40k reward and not a 50k

I've pretty much established my Tempest team by now (units in the spoiler):

Spoiler

Jfw8fME.pngPhAWE5f.pngfOZ4rqL.pngMrfJ5nU.png

Bridelia kills everything below a certain speed/defense threshold. She also serves as a backup healer, since Breath of Life 4 (C skill and seal) heals a total of 10 health to all allies around her upon attacking, so can be super effective with a little careful positioning before she attacks.

Tikini is primarily the team healer when she's not busy nuking blue units that Bridelia otherwise can't kill for whatever reason (e.g. bad position for enemy phase, can't ORKO the enemy, etc.). Due to the lack of red units in my team, it's up to her and Bridelia to kill all the greens.

Azura, the token dancer and primary red killer when Bridelia isn't doing it. Giving Bridelia the chance to move a second time to kill a second potential threat is a necessity, considering the enemy positioning in these Tempest maps. Because I have to use Mae for the bonus, I have to bench Xander over Azura because Dance is too damn clutch and saves a lot of turns for a better speed rank.

Mae is only 4-star, but I've given her TA2 from a spare 4-star Selena, as well as RTB2 and Blarblade tome from a spare 3-star Odin. Her duty is primarily dealing with red magic reliably, and to use Draw Back when necessary. Even Lunatic Celica attacks Mae (with Mae standing on a defense tile), does zero damage, and gets exploded to zero HP.

Edited by Raven

So the team I'm using to clear the tempest runs consists of: Mae, Zephiel, Hector, and Maria. Z&H are the DC builds, while Mae is a desperation build. Maria is pretty standard healer build.

I forgot how fun it is to use Zephiel.

lol rekt

Map 7 WoM male Robin couldn't KO Ruby Sword Olivia while Olivia is on a defense tile (may have been because of Tharja's Spur Res 3).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Got Tobin 4* already.  The first TT, it took me 3 days.  Granted, I didn't start a 2:00am like I did this time and I didn't use 2 stamina potions.  Still, it's going a lot quicker.  I still think its not fair that you need a 40% bonus to get the full effect.  

Some people are saying the 1.2->1.4 multiplier ins't very significant but it is.

It's up to 200 points extra.

Edited by Lushen

When you surrender, you go to your second team, right? So theoretically, you could give up when there's only one unit left on the final map in order to bring in your second squad with a bonus unit on, right? Would be a quick way to earn some more points.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

When you surrender, you go to your second team, right? So theoretically, you could give up when there's only one unit left on the final map in order to bring in your second squad with a bonus unit on, right? Would be a quick way to earn some more points.

Celica and friends wrecks my team.  I can sometimes only kill one or two of them with my team.  It's those damn defense tiles.

Just now, Lushen said:

Celica and friends wrecks my team.  I can sometimes only kill one or two of them with my team.  It's those damn defense tiles.

Have you tried throwing a Reinhardt at the problem?

When all else fails, I throw a +res Sanaki with red tomebreaker at Celica.

It's super effective!

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

So this new Speed Seal, other then for windsweep/watersweep what else can it be used for? (I really doubt it takes effect on regular attacks ¬.¬)

Just skills.  There my be more skills in the future, so it's worth getting now imo.

Yaaaaay, I've finally started getting perfect runs. I've given Alm Reposition... and that's pretty much his thing. Though my first perfect run was a hairy one. All the characters had been wiped out except Alm and Xander my side, Jagen their side. Through use of the defensive tiles, I whittled him down and won! Woooo :D 

I've got up to 7k so far. Tobin's first level is mine, plus several orbs. I wish they gave shards instead of crystals, though. I'm starting to get low on shards. 

Go Faye! All the other units sacrificed themselves against other units. It was just my Faye vs enemy Nino. Both full hp and standing on defense tiles. So it was just the two of them chipping back and forth. There was a close call when Nino whipped out her special. Thankfully I kept Faye's default Noontiime on her. Faye won in the end. Still somehow got A in speed so it ended up a perfect run. Currently at 10k points. 

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Got Tobin 4* already.  The first TT, it took me 3 days.  Granted, I didn't start a 2:00am like I did this time and I didn't use 2 stamina potions.  Still, it's going a lot quicker.  I still think its not fair that you need a 40% bonus to get the full effect.  

Some people are saying the 1.2->1.4 multiplier ins't very significant but it is.

It's up to 200 points extra.

With no multiplier, you can get up to ~500 points. 1.2 raises that to ~600 and 1.4 raises it to ~700, so it's a difference of up to ~200 from no multiplier but ~100 from 1.2.

27 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

The points on this really were increased. I've only used one stam pot and am already almost up to 10k

I'm pretty happy with the new point system.  If you're going for 99k, it's a ton of work but if you just want 40k it's not too bad.  As it should be.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

I'm pretty happy with the new point system.  If you're going for 99k, it's a ton of work but if you just want 40k it's not too bad.  As it should be.

I know, i quit after getting QP last time. This one is much more bearable and doesn't feel as grindy. Will definitely be training up Tobin as he looks like a pretty usable unit.

I just do the surrender with mae => horse emblem thing since I really want to get Olwen SP and HM. Right on SP bonus weekend too.

Blarblade!Olwen basically destroys Celica. If Celica doesn't get an additional speed buff, Olwen's 74atk/48spd after Hone/Fort/Goad buffs does something like 60x2 to her. I need more SP to get her Moonbow, but once I do, I can move Rein's QP to her and she has a very good chance of Moonbow being up when Celica attacks her for an OHKO. 

Normal Blarblade, too. If I had Blarblade+ (or +atk), I'd be able to just straight oneshot her without Moonbow.