Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

Nohr Azura would be cool, but she wouldn't get along well with the whole "only one skill" thing Masked Marth did. To really function, she'd need to break away from that and have at least two, her Sapphire Lance and Dance abilities.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aside from the unit they may award, i wonder what will fill place of the Quickened Pulse seal..someone mentioned in a diff thread "skill scrolls" and i think it'd be a nice reward to have some of the coveted exclusive skills like Distant Counter on a one time use scroll or something. but i guess that wouldn't be great incentive for whales who already have pulled 10+ Hectors.

anways, i wonder what seal they will put that can compete with QP. and all the prior seals are based off existing skills but QP is unique (or maybe hinting at a future skill that will give -1 CD?) so i wonder if it'll be something "new" like that.

If they do do Awakening again, I hope they add the kids.  It fits with the portal motif.  I want Cynthia, Noire, Brady, and better Owain.

38 minutes ago, Othin said:

Nohr Azura would be cool, but she wouldn't get along well with the whole "only one skill" thing Masked Marth did. To really function, she'd need to break away from that and have at least two, her Sapphire Lance and Dance abilities.

I'm not sure... she could have her weapon and no dance abilities, providing she can learn dance from Olivia... otherwise she would be a bit useless xD 

Or she could just have Sing, which is unique to her currently, and then you have to provide the weapons and other skills. I'd really hate this one, though, and I can't imagine they'd do it like that... 

That being said, there's no harm to her having one extra skill from Masked Lucina anyway. 

Let's be real, it'll probably just be Masked Marth and Quickened Pulse again. A lot of players didn't get that seal and even the *5 version of "Marth". This is a second chance for those players now that the lower difficulties are awarding more points for perfect clears.

For others, it's a free +1 for their existing "Marth" and 300 feathers stacked on top of whatever rewards they're getting. It's not that bad a deal. Now, the Breath of Life seal might be replaced however, considering it was much easier to get and most players might have reached that in two weeks.

27 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Let's be real, it'll probably just be Masked Marth and Quickened Pulse again. A lot of players didn't get that seal and even the *5 version of "Marth". This is a second chance for those players now that the lower difficulties are awarding more points for perfect clears.

For others, it's a free +1 for their existing "Marth" and 300 feathers stacked on top of whatever rewards they're getting. It's not that bad a deal. Now, the Breath of Life seal might be replaced however, considering it was much easier to get and most players might have reached that in two weeks.

Nah, I don't think they'll just do the same tempest again this soon. I think it'll be new seals and a new character and based around a new theme (probably Fates). I wouldn't be surprised for them to rerun the Awakening one again at a later time, though. I'd assume the other generic orb rewards and stuff will be the same, though.

It will probably be Fates. And it won't be repeating rewards. New version of an old character, new seals. 

Its pretty much always going to be Awakening/Fates whenever something is introduced. Shouldn't expect otherwise. 

39 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm not sure... she could have her weapon and no dance abilities, providing she can learn dance from Olivia... otherwise she would be a bit useless xD 

Or she could just have Sing, which is unique to her currently, and then you have to provide the weapons and other skills. I'd really hate this one, though, and I can't imagine they'd do it like that... 

That being said, there's no harm to her having one extra skill from Masked Lucina anyway. 

Either just the weapon or just the skill would have pretty big problems. Azura normally uses Sing, not Dance, so having her able to inherit Dance would seem very odd. And with just Dance but no weapon, she wouldn't be able to gain Exp or SP, so you'd need to give her shards/crystals to even get the SP to use a lance if she inherited it.

Having her have two skills instead of one wouldn't be too bad, but it'd seem strange and raise the question of why they'd be so inconsistent.

38 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Not a chance. The purpose of making more Tempest Trials is so that people who actually enjoy them and do well in them can keep doing them and getting rewards, not so that maybe people who didn't do well the first time will do well this time. It's like how after Narcian's GHB, the later GHBs weren't just Narcian again so more people would have the chance to get him. They were a bunch of different ones to reward people who were already doing the GHBs. Narcian only came back months later, once the number of people who couldn't get him the first time around but could now (whether due to not having been playing the game yet or just not prepared) could get pretty big.

Masked Marth and Quickened Pulse will be back eventually as some sort of secondary rewards, but they're not going to be in every Tempest Trial. (They might not even be in Tempest Trials at all when they come back.)

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Either just the weapon or just the skill would have pretty big problems. Azura normally uses Sing, not Dance, so having her able to inherit Dance would seem very odd. And with just Dance but no weapon, she wouldn't be able to gain Exp or SP, so you'd need to give her shards/crystals to even get the SP to use a lance if she inherited it.

Having her have two skills instead of one wouldn't be too bad, but it'd seem strange and raise the question of why they'd be so inconsistent.

Not a chance. The purpose of making more Tempest Trials is so that people who actually enjoy them and do well in them can keep doing them and getting rewards, not so that maybe people who didn't do well the first time will do well this time. It's like how after Narcian's GHB, the later GHBs weren't just Narcian again so more people would have the chance to get him. They were a bunch of different ones to reward people who were already doing the GHBs. Narcian only came back months later, once the number of people who couldn't get him the first time around but could now (whether due to not having been playing the game yet or just not prepared) could get pretty big.

Masked Marth and Quickened Pulse will be back eventually as some sort of secondary rewards, but they're not going to be in every Tempest Trial. (They might not even be in Tempest Trials at all when they come back.)

It wouldn't be that strange a question. She's a refresh unit, she requires the refresh assist skill. Refresh doesn't give exp (which is dumb but such is Heroes' design decision) so they also have to give her a weapon. It'd only be an inconsistency if Lucina had had an assist, especially a signature assist like Sing, and Masked Marth didn't get it. Though honestly even then, Azura is like the only unit who would be in this position so I don't think people would mind if she was the one exception.

As for the quickened pulse thing, i think it will rotate into the trials eventually, but not on the second go around. MM would be one thing, since at the very least it's extra merge fodder (+4 Masked Marth!), but QP would translate to a 300 feather reward for getting 50,000 points which is insane on every level and does nothing to encourage players who already have it to go to it and the ones that DO go to it (likely to go straight to the orbs) would basically get an empty prize between ranks. This is slightly more reasonable on, like, year 2 of the game. At the very least, pair it with another reward or have a secondary reward specifically for players who already had it.

I like the changes they are already implementing (more points for lower difficulties and defeated enemies staying dead) but I'm a little concerned about the lack of anti-burnout meassures. It's really a chore to play this mode 8-10 times a day just to get the unique rewards.

As for what we'll get, I wouldn't mind Nohrian Azura as the reward. I don't think the characters need to follow a theme (like "people with secret identities" or something) but alternate outfits are welcome.

am I the only one who wants the Tempest trials to be Heirs of Fate-themed  Tempest Trial with Shigure as the reward?  I mean, guaranteed flying singers? (I already explained before at the chance of the Herons being infantries and I don't want to bet), and I like it when both Shiro and Siegbert says to each other "You shouldn't be existed, your father is dead my world"  and to see it again in heroes is interesting.

also, when there is not that much dialogue, the tempest trial theme I prefered from older games is eitehr from Elibe or Jugdral, because teh wide timespan , so hopefully, more shock. 

Anyway, pay attention to the 1.2  multipliers units. 1 GHB unit, the reward, 1 free unit from the daily rotation, and the  Askr royal. If they keep this,  the next tempest trial (after this one) could only be either Elibe or Archanea ones, except if there will be free unit and GHB unit from the other games before the next tempest trial come. 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

On one hand, I like the changes to Tempest. On the other, they don't really affect me since I could consistantly run Lunatic-7 with one team. I'm just sad that they didn't have any changes to save me from burnout. I'm a bit doubtful I can recreate that team though. Since Tharja played a rather big role in ORKOing any units that Nino couldn't (I'm looking at you Veronica). I wonder who the next big baddie is and what the next bonus units are. I'm going to have to put aside 20k feathers incase I need to 5* a bonus unit. I was lucky last time to already have Tharja. I doubt I'll be that lucky again. 

Huh. Colour me legitimately surprised. Though I guess technically it is the newest FE game and it did have a large enough cast included to fill up the slots.

But man that banner is horrible. Alm is middle of the road, Faye is strictly SI fodder, Mae is decent but outshined by a lot of other blue mages, and Boey is just lol.

Guess we'll find out what Tobin's stat spread is/how they're doing this with new characters. All we know is that he's a sword user.

OK, so confirmed it's gonna be an Echoes trial (like i predicted) that will feature Tobin starting on the 7th (also predicted this part). So, uh yeah. Gonna be spamming Alm a lot.

Edit: Dread Fighter'd

Edited by V-raptor

Tobin is a really weird choice. I don't mind it because I think he's pretty cool, but his importance to his home title is fairly low. I would've expected someone like Conrad (come on! More mask!) or Mycen or just anyone with more significance.

I don't why everyone says Alm, Faye, and Boey suck. They've all been great fighters for me. Oh well. I do get a kick out of making great units out of characters everyone quits on.

In any case, I'm glad to see some love for Echoes. That game seriously needs more appreciation.

Edited by Sentinel07

Missed opportunity to make Tobin our first bow knight. Oh well, Faye must have stolen his bow, along with Celica's spot in the 40% bonus units.

Time to put my +Spd -Res Alm to good use.

Edited by Korath88

Well well well! Time to build up Alm some more! 

Really wishing there was a way to scrape together enough feathers to promote Boey before the Trials start. Hopefully the rewards will be enough to let me promote him part way through. 

I was kind of hoping Tobin would be a bow user just based on how well he did for me in Echoes. Ah well!

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't why everyone says Alm, Faye, and Boey suck. They've all been great fighters for me.

Oh well. I do get a kick out of making great units out of characters everyone quits on.

I think this is the most fun way to play. 

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is my memory failing me again, or has the score gained from runs increased? Alm got 441 from that flawless 5-map run. That's already more than what the 7-map flawless trial gave, right?

They increased the base values for Normal and Hard mode, up to 30 and 35 respectively compared to Lunatic's 40.

I have a theory. This is going to sound weird, but...

What if they let you pick what kind of unit Tobin is? It'll tie in to how the villagers behave in Echoes, explains where the villagers (minus Faye) went, and might set a precedent for how they might face child and other custom units. Hey, Enigmatic Blade Marth had no base skills, so there's clearly some 'custom unit' features in Echoes.

...Yeah, not likely, but it's an idea.

Spent the orbs I had saved on the summon focus banner. I don't have Alm or Boey yet. (Part of me also really wants a better Mae too because she seems like a pretty good blue mage. My current Mae is -Rezzy. Oh well.) So I worked on picking out only green and red orbs. Nothing yet... 

I've also had this 5 star Faye sitting in my barracks for...like months. Untouched. I'm still hating on her because she ruined a streak not once but TWICE. I honestly think she's the reason I'm no longer F2P. But she's +ATK -HP. So I might as well try to make use of her. I'll probably train up Mae too. She's only 4 stars, but it'll be nice to have her around as an option anyways.

Super excited for Tobin though!