Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

I'm wondering how the final battle will be. I'm hoping I can use Alm in it... If I can't, I'll have to try and work out a team that includes him. My current TT team is Reinhardt, Xander, Green Unit and Dancer... All but the green unit (and most of them now) are HM maxed, but I prefer to go for speed first to get the points, and then I can HM grind after :)

Looking forward to getting Tobin ^.^

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunetly, I only have Sharena as a bonus unit, and none of the 40% bonus units even seem that great for speed running.

I'll probably try to construct a blade tome team with Sharena there for buffs, but I'm not sure how well that is going to turn out.

Tobin as a prize is intresting. I do like the fact that this implies we could be seeing more new characters in future TT, but I really do not need another 5* sword unit. I do wonder if he'll be anything special, since he doesn't have a unique weapon associated to him. If they also don't give him skills, he'd need a pretty ridiulous spread to stand out in sea or sword units...

Goddammit. Alm, Mae, Boey, and Faye? The only one of them that I have is Faye. Of course I have the other 4 units from those two banners...

Looks like my Faye is going to be maxing out her HM pretty quickly.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Kagero is a treacherous ninja. I would never trust her, just like @Arcanite is a treacherous mechanism that can’t be trusted.

"Hey guys, I'm Vaximillian! You want to spread some unnecessary shade?"

I have Mae and Boey as bonus units... looks like I'll have to use my old tactic of two teaming Lunatic. Sounds like fun!

I'M READY!

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting. "Can't predict new TT unit patterns based on just one unit" turned out even more true than we thought. Unfortunate that he's another sword unit, though.

Two for two swords, third will be sword ?

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

"Hey guys, I'm Vaximillian! You want to spread some unnecessary shade?"

I still like you, even though you are a treacherous mechanism.

Edited by Vaximillian

Hm, I've actually got a few of the bonus units at 5*, unlike last time.  I'm a bit disappointed that Tobin is yet another sword user, when this was the perfect opportunity to add a Horse Archer.  Does Tobin come without Skills?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I still like you, even though you are a treacherous mechanism.

Awww thanks <3

Spoiler

Are you going to keep calling me that as long as I have this avatar? 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Hm, I've actually got a few of the bonus units at 5*, unlike last time.  I'm a bit disappointed that Tobin is yet another sword user, when this was the perfect opportunity to add a Horse Archer.  Does Tobin come without Skills?

You cab assume Tobin will get no skills

What makes you think Tobin will get special treatment? XD 

So. Tobin. Frickin' Tobin. As opposed to anyone else we could have possibly gotten from that game.

Can anyone, anyone at all explain why they would have Tobin as a prize?

I mean, as far as I can tell, he's basically a Gordin archetype, right? I haven't played Echoes yet.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I am going to keep calling you as long as I remember to, regardless of your userpic.
Priscilla is adorable, and valkyrie Priscilla is deadly.

4 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I mean, as far as I can tell, he's basically a Gordin archetype, right? I haven't played Echoes yet.

He's more of one of many Donnel/Mozu archetypes. The game recommends you make him an archer, but I'm less sure on conventional wisdom.

I'm not sure if Leon/Python are suitable Gordins, though...

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I am going to keep calling you as long as I remember to, regardless of your userpic.

"I will hound you until the end of your days... or until I forget."

Also, I just remembered!

@V-raptor when this thing starts, can you rename the thread Tempest Torture? Just to carry on the tradition :D:

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Damaging my forum cred eh?

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

He's more of one of many Donnel/Mozu archetypes. The game recommends you make him an archer, but I'm less sure on conventional wisdom.

I'm not sure if Leon/Python are suitable Gordins, though...

Recommended, but not required. Interesting.

It is still really weird to make him a swordy when there already are so many but, eh, who knows.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

It is still really weird to make him a swordy when there already are so many but, eh, who knows.

If they really needed a swordie, I'd have gone with Gray. His 'hint' leant towards mercenary, and he's probably a more liked character (...OK, that's my own personal bias, but still...).

Of course, until we know how they intend to present Gray and Kliff, any observations are just conjecture.

....Alm, Faye, Mae and Boey?...

Faye is in Lukas' spot... seriously... FAYE gets the 40% spot and LUKAS gets 20%? I have a perfectly ready Lukas ready to blaze through the trials just like before but I can't do that without gimping myself. The only bonus unit I have is my Faye and she's +DEF/-SPD. Probably one of the worst natures possible. I'm really not interested in pulling from this banner either... only unit I would want is Mae. I don't care about Alm, Faye is garbage and I already have 2 superior green mages.

Someone please tell me how I'm going to salvage my Faye for the TT? Because at this rate I'm going to slap Death Blow 2 and Brave Bow (Not +) on her and pray.

Edited by Zeo

...This occurred to me slightly later, but... Faye's an archer. Tobin's supposed to be an archer.

Tobin's a mercenary. Gray's supposed to be a mercenary.

...Could Gray be a mage, and Kliff a pegasus sky knight?

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

....Alm, Faye, Mae and Boey?...

Faye is in Lukas' spot... seriously... FAYE gets the 40% spot and LUKAS gets 20%? I have a perfectly ready Lukas ready to blaze through the trials just like before but I can't do that without gimping myself. The only bonus unit I have is my Faye and she's +DEF/-SPD. Probably one of the worst natures possible. I'm really not interested in pulling from this banner either... only unit I would want is Mae. I don't care about Alm, Faye is garbage and I already have 2 superior green mages.

Someone please tell me how I'm going to salvage this Faye for the TT? Because at this rate I'm going to slap Death Blow 2 and Brave Bow (Not +) on her and pray.

Give her a Rally, a buff C skill, and the fortify Res Seal. Use her to buff your bladetome users who will do all the killing.

That's what i'm going to do...

I also have a built up Lukas and a poor natured Faye.

Edited by Hawk King

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Give her a Rally, a buff C skill, and the fortify Res Seal. Use her to buff your bladetome users who will do all the killing.

That's what i'm going to do...

I also have a build up Lukas and a poor natured Faye.

I've already given the res seal and fortify def to B!Cordelia, who buffs all 4 stats. This is just a really crappy scenario, but I guess it beats having no bonus units. Just going to do what I did last time. See how far I get with that team and then use my main team to wipe through the rest. A/B runs hopefully.

I'm kind of miffed by the bonus heroes. I have 5* Alm, Faye, Mae and Boey, but aside from a blade Mae, they're not particularly good. Meanwhile, I have fully SI +2 Lukas(which was part of my main team last TT) and +3 Celica, but the first is only worth 20% and the other isn't even a bonus hero. #FirstWhaleProblems

I guess I'll use Faye since she's the one with the most SI out of the 4. I'll give her the Fortify Res Seal to go along with her Rally Spd and Hone Atk to make a poor man's Eirika/Ephraim and put her on a team with blade units I guess.

Are people that concerned about their bonus unit not being strong? Getting a B on Survival is pretty trivial for lost points, so just sacrifice your bonus character on the first match.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Awww thanks <3

Reveal hidden contents

You cab assume Tobin will get no skills

What makes you think Tobin will get special treatment? XD 

It's not going to help with Tobin's inferiority complex, if he's stuck on the bench, because he's yet another sword unit that's overshadowed by better units that take less SP.

39 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Gray will be a Dark Flyer and Kliff will be a Manakete.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

So. Tobin. Frickin' Tobin. As opposed to anyone else we could have possibly gotten from that game.

Can anyone, anyone at all explain why they would have Tobin as a prize?

i don't think a "gordin archetype"' exists, but it's definitely not tobin

Is this the appropriate thread to bitch about not having any of the 40% bonus units?  The grind was painful enough last time, and I can't say I'm looking forward to this if it's going to take even longer now.  I would have preferred if they had done a Fates or Archanea themed TT first, instead of a game where its associated units have only been available for a couple months and none of them obtainable at 3*. 

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, I have Faye and Lukas, but I really don't care for some of these maps. Particularly the 2X2 mountain fort. This will probably not be fun.

Oh god, that's going to be unpleasant to play over and over again. At least there will only be three units, and most of the time, one of them will be outside the fort.

I wonder how they'll handle it with only 8 maps this time. For Awakening, the first three battles were from the first set of five Awakening maps and then the other three were from the second set, but with Alm's Paralogue only having three maps, it'd be weird for all three to appear on every 7-map run. Perhaps they'll do two maps from the three in Alm's Paralogue and then four from the five in Celica's chapter? Either way, though, it'll be more repetitive.