Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

6 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Is this the appropriate thread to bitch about not having any of the 40% bonus units?  The grind was painful enough last time, and I can't say I'm looking forward to this if it's going to take even longer now.  I would have preferred if they had done a Fates or Archanea themed TT first, instead of a game where its associated units have only been available for a couple months and none of them obtainable at 3*. 

None of them are obtainable for free too, unlike Lissa in the last TT. Hrm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

None of them are obtainable for free too, unlike Lissa in the last TT. Hrm.

lissa was not a 40%

none of them were free in that one either

Now I wonder what they will do with the other Villagers? Will they also have their base class like Robin; and Faye will be the only outliner?

I'm still so surprised that they'd go for swords on a unit who could just as reasonably use lances, bows, or even tomes. They've often steered away from swords where possible because there are so many already, to the point where there hasn't been a single red seasonal unit. But I guess free 5*s don't have to be as appealing, like with the whole skill situation.

I wonder what his weapon will be. Something really basic like a Silver Sword would feel really underwhelming after Masked Marth, although a Brave Sword or Killing Edge could be pretty cool. Wo Dao would be neat but probably a bit much given how limited it is so far, and it wouldn't really feel fitting anyway. For a new weapon, I think someone suggested Firesweep Sword? That'd be fitting if they want to extend Firesweep to all four classic weapon types, although I don't see much appeal in Firesweep melee weapons. He could also get something based on a weapon from his own game, like the Blessed Sword.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm still so surprised that they'd go for swords on a unit who could just as reasonably use lances, bows, or even tomes. They've often steered away from swords where possible because there are so many already, to the point where there hasn't been a single red seasonal unit. But I guess free 5*s don't have to be as appealing, like with the whole skill situation.

I wonder what his weapon will be. Something really basic like a Silver Sword would feel really underwhelming after Masked Marth, although a Brave Sword or Killing Edge could be pretty cool. Wo Dao would be neat but probably a bit much given how limited it is so far, and it wouldn't really feel fitting anyway. For a new weapon, I think someone suggested Firesweep Sword? That'd be fitting if they want to extend Firesweep to all four classic weapon types, although I don't see much appeal in Firesweep melee weapons. He could also get something based on a weapon from his own game, like the Blessed Sword.

Tobin wields the Royal Sword now, #nevercounttobinout

Despite being a new character, it's worth bearing in mind that it's possible that Tobin, like Masked Marth, is a clone of an existing character. If they go that route, perhaps Ogma?

That'd be pretty disappointing, but it's worth bearing in mind the possibility. (I'd certainly be frustrated, since I already have a 5* Ogma and I don't even have a use for him.)

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Despite being a new character, it's worth bearing in mind that it's possible that Tobin, like Masked Marth, is a clone of an existing character. If they go that route, perhaps Ogma?

That'd be pretty disappointing, but it's worth bearing in mind the possibility. (I'd certainly be frustrated, since I already have a 5* Ogma and I don't even have a use for him.)

If that's the case, he better have a Brave Sword+ to cough up.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

wouldn't alm be most likely?

granted he wouldn't have falchion, but he could have a blessed sword or something with the same effect

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I'm hoping he gets either the firesweep sword or the lightning sword. As long as it's not a preexisting sword, I'll be happy.

Wanna bet he's just silver sword + fodder?

Edited by Arcanite

2 minutes ago, unique said:

wouldn't alm be most likely?

granted he wouldn't have falchion, but he could have a blessed sword or something with the same effect

He could have Alm's stats with a different weapon, but I'm thinking from the perspective of a total clone: just a neutral version of the other character without their non-weapon skills. But you're right, they might go for copying stats but not worry about weapon. And it'd certainly fit for Tobin to be a clone of a character from his same game and TT banner.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Wanna bet he's just silver sword + fodder?

That's pretty sad fodder, if you don't even have any skills.

The trial hasn't started yet and I'm already done with it. No way I could do a lot with only 20% Bonus since I can't beat the 7 fights all the time... Bye Tobin, you are going to stay 4* lol

Throwing out the guess (and hope) that Tobin has a unique sword like how Jaffar has his unique dagger. This is assuming IS doesn't want to give out 5* fodder. I'm also willing to believe that his stats will be unique since he isn't a reskin of any existing character. 

...So the only 40% bonus I have is a +Spd/-Def Boey that I recently started training. I'll probably toss him in with Tharja, Ephraim, and Priscilla or another damage dealer depending on if I can get him to pull his weight in the later battles. I like Boey even though he's not the glass cannon, player phase unit that everyone goes head over heels for. 

...Do I use my 60 orbs to try to summon a 40% hero or just drag Sharena around for that 20% (my Clair and Lukas have pretty bad natures...-SPD and -DEF respectively)...? Unless the there are new seals, I'm just going for the 5* this time. I haven't been able to do much training...so I still won't have 4 full teams for this Tempest ._.; Plus, lacking that 40% multiplier's going to destroy my desire to do much of it.

9 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

The trial hasn't started yet and I'm already done with it. No way I could do a lot with only 20% Bonus since I can't beat the 7 fights all the time... Bye Tobin, you are going to stay 4* lol

They're increasing the amount you get from the 5-map strings, I think.

I do feel sorry for F2Ps on this one.  Getting any of the 40%ers is still a crapshoot, at least Boey and Mae can be 4*, but that's just mean.  I feel if they made the gift unit from the Tempest in the future, it would be a bit fairer, instead of the 20%, who you have no real reason to use over the other 20%ers, like the Askr unit.

I think I'll be using a team of Boey, Reinhardt, Alm, and Azura to start with.  Ill still use my Horse Emblem team as my back-up.  I might throw Nino back in if my initial team doesn't mesh well, but she requires Eirika-buddy, and I'd like to get SP/HM on some new units.

Edited by Rezzy

Hooray I don't have any of the 40 bonus units in fact I don't have a single SOV character (besides Genny who I sacrificed to Elise). So I guess this will be even more of a pain than last time oh well at least Sharena is actually good and I don't have to have a deadweight.  Let's see if I can exhibit actual self control and stop myself at the final seal or if I end up torturing myself again for the feathers (it's very hard to fight the temptation)... at least the rewards are nice and worth the suffering. 

Welp, had Nowi trained up last time, now I just gotta train up my Alms (+Spd -Def, +Def -Res) to prepare for a merge.

Why does my luck only have to be good when preparing for the most stressful parts of my life...

(Wonder what the best offensive set for Alm would be...)

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, I was just saying bonus unit in general.

Then again I forgot Sharena is in the 20% list this time too.

All of the 20% bonus units were free last time while the 40% group weren't. Assuming you count masked marth, who is a tempest trial reward. Yeah, I'm pretty peeved about the bonus 40% units. I own none of them to sacrifice, and Sharena is the only one I do have trained up. With alphonse last time it worked out since he was the closest thing I had to a Veronica counter. Sharena could only deal 4 damage to her, so I'd rarely deploy her in the final map.

But I think the biggest missed opportunity was not making the previous tempest trial reward part of the 40% list. Masked Marth is a unit that the player is 100% responsible for making good. It would be nice if instead of basing bonus units on luck, have that element of player skill factor in as well.

34 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

...Do I use my 60 orbs to try to summon a 40% hero or just drag Sharena around for that 20% (my Clair and Lukas have pretty bad natures...-SPD and -DEF respectively)...? Unless the there are new seals, I'm just going for the 5* this time. I haven't been able to do much training...so I still won't have 4 full teams for this Tempest ._.; Plus, lacking that 40% multiplier's going to destroy my desire to do much of it.

I was fine with reaching 50k with only a 20% bonus unit last time. It’s not as bad as you think, especially when they buffed the points from modes lower than Lunatic.

I’m going to use Sharena (because my only 40% bonus is Faye and my other 20% bonus is Clair) and I’m going to make it.