FE9 Modding?

als Drugfreechu

Resources on FE9 seem to be very hard to come by. Things I'm having trouble figuring out:

- Army data. Everything seems so confusingly structured and I'm having a hard time changing what I want, let alone figuring out what value represents what. It seemed a lot easier in RD, but that might be because there's more / better resources for it.

- Changing character availability. I can't seem to figure how how to, for example, make Shinon and Gatrie stay, or make Oscar available in chapters 3 and 4, or straight up make Tibarn playable from Chapter 3. How can I do these three things, while removing the ability to get them again later (or does that happen automatically)? (just as examples so I have a better idea of what I'm doing with this)

- How would I go about enabling both the base menu (shops, award BEXP, etc) and the preparation menu (choose your units, reposition, etc) to chapters that they aren't in?

Also, where are the best resources for learning to mod FE9? The best I can find is in VincentASM's FE10 modding tutorial (applying what I can to FE9, and some things in the comments, although any links to nightmare modules or anything like that no longer work). I'd appreciate any input / advice, thanks so much in advance.

I've been having the same problem. I've got my hex editor ready to go with my extracted files but the resources are so scarce. I literally made this account five minutes ago in hopes that I could find or contact the legendary @VincentASM. As far as I can tell, the only functional hack of FE9 is @shadowofchaos' maniac mode translation patch.