Bound Hero Battle: Children of Fate

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Othin said:

This one's rough. My cavalry team is having trouble even on Lunatic, which hasn't really been an issue with GHBs.

Blade cavalry team or nah?  Honestly I don't think cavalry teams are very good in this one.  It's too cramped so the 3mv doesn't really help.  You need baiters more than anything.  Red mage baiter and green physical baiter can help a lot to deal with the green mage and horse cavalry.  The other units can be taken out pretty quickly w/ glass cannon leaving just alm and celica.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Blade cavalry team or nah?  Honestly I don't think cavalry teams are very good in this one.  It's too cramped so the 3mv doesn't really help.  You need baiters more than anything.  Red mage baiter and green physical baiter can help a lot to deal with the green mage and horse cavalry.  The other units can be taken out pretty quickly w/ glass cannon leaving just alm and celica.

No blade, just Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecilia with default weapons.

I was able to manage Lunatic by being more careful and not accidentally having Camus make an attack he wasn't supposed to, but Infernal is going to be rough.

I beat Lunatic with quite the rag-tag team of Heroes:

Spring Xander (stock set up, but with Death Blow 1 in the A slot)

Bride Caeda (completely stock)

Sanaki (Stock)

Nino (stock, plus Axebreaker 3 and draw back - which did nothing for this map)

tried the same team for Infernal and got demolished. Going to need to switch it up ?

Finally got around to attempting Infernal... (Ephraim, Nino, 4* Olivia, 4* Azama)

I used the "throw Nino at everything" strat, using her to bait the Green Mage on the first turn. She later then kills off the Blue Mage and spends most of the time walling off the Green Mage. Ephraim handles the Lance cavalier as well as Alm and Celica. Azama and Olivia provide their healing and dancing support. One less stamina bar later, and I can clear everyone on the map save for the Green Axe Pegasus who swoops in and kills Ephraim. I am forced to leave Ephraim in the open as I had to use him to kill Alm and Celica in the same turn, but here's the thing...

I may have been able to accomplish the map if Ephraim could get a clean kill on Alm. Currently Ephraim with Swordbreaker leaves Alm at 1 HP, forcing me to use my Azama to attack Alm instead of healing up Ephraim. If my Azama had a free move, maybe with some clever positioning I may yet claim victory on this map. Maybe...
I would try Horse Emblem, but I only have Olwen instead of Reinhardt (and she really needs Life and Death for her damage output) and I do not have Camus as a 5-star character yet. I currently only have Xander (with Hone Cavalry and Vantage), Cain, and a 4* Jagen available for use. My +ATT, -DEF Cecilia needs training to become a 4* 40, and I do not have any good Triangle Adept or Quick Riposte fodder.

6 hours ago, Sire said:

Currently Ephraim with Swordbreaker leaves Alm at 1 HP, forcing me to use my Azama to attack Alm instead of healing up Ephraim.

Do you have the Attack +1 seal or a Hone or Spur Atk lying around that you could use (or do you have a way to have Nino give Ephraim the Hone Atk buff on the prior turn)?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you have the Attack +1 seal or a Hone or Spur Atk lying around that you could use (or do you have a way to have Nino give Ephraim the Hone Atk buff on the prior turn)?

Nino needs the Attack +1 seal for this map, so I can't take it off of her. However, giving Nino her Hone Atk skill works. This hasn't crossed my mind since I have Breath of Life on her. In addition, I gave my "SI" Azama Spur Attack 3 to help out (he has Rehabilitate).

Everything proceeds smoothly. Ephraim 1-rounds Alm, Olivia dances Ephraim to attack Celica. Nino finishes off Celica and blocks the Axe Pegasus from hitting Ephraim while Azama heals Nino and acts as a wall due to his high DEF. The Axe Peg attacks Azama, he survives, and Nino finishes the match.

Thanks for the help! Sometimes the most obvious solution is the one we are blind to...

Hard/Lunatic: The usual arena team of Azura/Spring Camilla/Ryoma/free did the trick.  Spring Camilla's great for baiting the blue units, Ryoma makes the green mage cry, Azura can bait Alm/Celica, and the free slot depended on what I needed (Jakob on the Hard map, I think it was someone with Spur Atk on the Lunatic one to guarantee a ORKO).

Infernal: Gave up and went full Horse Emblem with Leo, Ursula, Titania, and Priscilla.  Moved the Atk +1 seal to Titania so she could ORKO the lance guy.  Used Leo to pin things in place and remove Ragnarok's special effect.  A 5* Ursula with Hone Cavalry has just enough oomph to ORKO Alm, as long as he's not on a defense tile.

.....Infernal is driving me mad.

I've been trying to beat it for a good bit now, and I'm stuck at trying to deal with all 6 of them. I am not seeing how my units can deal with it at all.

Spoiler

Red: 5* Eirika (Rallyqueen is love. +Def/-Spd, Poor bane: The character), Alfonse (Honestly could be decent if he could get around being decimated by these speeds) 4* Lilina (has G!Tomebreaker to 3, learned to 1. This would likely help with 2, but does she need 3? Also +Def/-Res because fun), Navarre, Lloyd, Selena (Of the three, Selena has the most utility and can demolish the green units regardless), Draug, Zephiel (2 1-range armours. Sure, they'll help.), Stahl (Least he has move. And Spur Def), Caeda (Shame she's -Spd, could be decent with her high res), Roy (Might have been a decent choice with DC but for windsweep)

Blue: 5* MRobin (Near 1-rounds Celica with R!Tomebreaker if she's on a tile, +Att/-Res), Springcina (Fast and powerful, a decent option. She's +Res/-HP), Azura (Neutral, dancer, likely recommended), Hinoka (Mostly because of Hone fliers, but not much to take advantage of it.), Sharena (Rally Att might help, but as I've seen in TT she likely won't be that useful to beat Alm and Calica), 4* Oboro, Wendy (Slow lance users who likely won't contribute), Est (Poor natured unit who can't deal much damage either), Ursula (Could be decent too), Odin (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Green: 5* Hector (WHY WINDSWEEP? Neutral besides, can have some role), Anna (Might be a decent option) 4* FRobin (B!Tomebreaker is useful, but she needs help to beat the lance), Cherche (she's going to have issues, but she can hit once for good damage), Frederick (Too slow), Fae (Could be a halfway decent blue tank), Barst (Spur attack bot likely won't help, he's -Att), Legion (Is he worth using here?), Camilla (Bit doubtful I can use Flier Emblem effectively)

Colourless: 4* Felicia (. Why -Att though), Lissa, Clarine (Of the two, Lissa has Rehabilitate), Setsuna (That'll be useful. But I can use others for the axepeg)

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

.....Infernal is driving me mad.

I've been trying to beat it for a good bit now, and I'm stuck at trying to deal with all 6 of them. I am not seeing how my units can deal with it at all.

Reveal hidden contents

Red: 5* Eirika (Rallyqueen is love. +Def/-Spd, Poor bane: The character), Alfonse (Honestly could be decent if he could get around being decimated by these speeds) 4* Lilina (has G!Tomebreaker to 3, learned to 1. This would likely help with 2, but does she need 3? Also +Def/-Res because fun), Navarre, Lloyd, Selena (Of the three, Selena has the most utility and can demolish the green units regardless), Draug, Zephiel (2 1-range armours. Sure, they'll help.), Stahl (Least he has move. And Spur Def), Caeda (Shame she's -Spd, could be decent with her high res), Roy (Might have been a decent choice with DC but for windsweep)

Blue: 5* MRobin (Near 1-rounds Celica with R!Tomebreaker if she's on a tile, +Att/-Res), Springcina (Fast and powerful, a decent option. She's +Res/-HP), Azura (Neutral, dancer, likely recommended), Hinoka (Mostly because of Hone fliers, but not much to take advantage of it.), Sharena (Rally Att might help, but as I've seen in TT she likely won't be that useful to beat Alm and Calica), 4* Oboro, Wendy (Slow lance users who likely won't contribute), Est (Poor natured unit who can't deal much damage either), Ursula (Could be decent too), Odin (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Green: 5* Hector (WHY WINDSWEEP? Neutral besides, can have some role), Anna (Might be a decent option) 4* FRobin (B!Tomebreaker is useful, but she needs help to beat the lance), Cherche (she's going to have issues, but she can hit once for good damage), Frederick (Too slow), Fae (Could be a halfway decent blue tank), Barst (Spur attack bot likely won't help, he's -Att), Legion (Is he worth using here?), Camilla (Bit doubtful I can use Flier Emblem effectively)

Colourless: 4* Felicia (. Why -Att though), Lissa, Clarine (Of the two, Lissa has Rehabilitate), Setsuna (That'll be useful. But I can use others for the axepeg)

If you walk a unit to just below the green mage, everyone on the enemy team turns retarded because: The green mage hits that unit, the blue mage moves right next to him (rather than break the fucking block), and blocks everyone else from breaking the block.

After that you can just pick off the cav that runs down the side side by himself to be murdered, and slowly chip away at the mages, always making sure to keep your units out of the danger zone.

A healer & double ranged combo is good here: healer heals, one ranged takes 2 mages, the other range takes the one the first ranged has triangle disadvantage against. (You can 'force' favorable fights by walking into a spot that one of the 3 mages are blocking. Nino fighting the green mage, for example, is completely safe, because the green mage isn't smart enough to move over so Celica can murder Nino.)

The last slot can be whatever you need to finish the chumps left over. (A dancer to double heal and occasionally add new turns to your mages could be nice if you have sustain issues.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Holy crap this took forever to figure out (without help) and I only manage it a half hour before the event is set to close.

Eirika

Spoiler

+Spd -Hp +1 merge (+HP/Spd)

Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Speed 3.

Seal: Fortify Res 1

Sieglinde, Rally Defense, and Moonbow

Stat total: 40/45/42/29/31

Nino

Spoiler

+Spd -Att +1 Merge (+Hp/Spd)

Fury 3, Desperation 3, Fortify Resistance 3.

Seal: Speed +1

Gronnblade+, Draw Back, and Moonbow.

Stat total: 34/46/44/22/29

Bridal Caeda

Spoiler

+Spd -Hp +1 Merge (+Hp/Spd)

Fury 3, Desperation 3, Fortify Resistance 2.

Seal: Attack +1

Blarblade+, Draw Back, and Chilling Wind.

Stat total: 31/46/44/22/33

Alm

Spoiler

+Spd -Def +1 Merge (+HP/Att)

Fury 3, Renewal 3, Hone Attack 3.

Seal: HP +3

Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, and Draconic Aura.

Stat total: 49/53/36/27/25

I'm still not sure what went differently, but I would first have everyone move to the right and stand next to Nino to stat buff her, one person just below the entrance so that she could then Draw Back to the spot below the Green Mage. Usually this would cause the Blue Cav Mage to go down and break the blocks anyways, but for some reason this time Alm stood in his way, and he stood in front of the blocks instead.

I was trying to build up SP to get Fort Res 3 on Bridal Caeda, but forgot to before the reset, so Nino couldn't kill the Green Mage in one round and took a lot of damage, enough to warrant Alm healing her up and being incapable of much more battling. At this point everyone was in an upside down T formation in range of the Lance Cav, and I had to move Bridal Caeda onto the bridge to let Nino kill it. Alm moved next to her, which was within range of the Axe Flier, to one round him on enemy phase. But now Alm and Celica are within range to blow on my army and win.

Caeda and Nino both took down Alm from where they were already standing, and Celica, who was in the doorway, had her way blocked by Eirika, the only one at full health, fast enough to not be doubled, and had enough Res to take a hit.

On my turn, Eirika moved in to attack Celica and Drag Backed her to within range of EVERYONE. Though fortunately, only Caeda was needed.

It is honestly a miracle I won that battle, and I still don't know how I pulled it off at the last minute, but hey 4 orbs. I'm not complaining.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I was the last post, and man... July feels like forever ago. That was BEFORE I had Bridelia, more than one dancer, and more than like two greens at all.

I might redo this one with my current roster and see if I can make anything change without stressing myself out.

Also no redo on battle win orbs. RIPOFF.

Edited by Xenomata

Celica should be fought in Story 11-1: Caring Princess (20 stamina).

Alm can be fought in Paralogues 5-1: Legendary Hero (13 stamina), 5-3: Alm's Heroic Stand (15 stamina), or Intermission 1: Awakening Ancient Power (20 stamina).

I'd rather if IS refreshed these BHB instead of just putting quests to get a few orbs. For GHB the re-runs are better because they give you an extra copy of the hero, in this case it's just for orbs which makes this feel dull.

Anyway, cleared this doing 2 Lunatic runs using Reinhardt, B!Lyn, Cecilia and Alfonse/Sharena for their respective quests. Lyn can leave Alm at like 4 HP with horse buffs using Mulagir to ensure an easy kill for Sharena while Reinhardt can tank Celica and leave her at like 14 HP which is enough for a 2* level 40 Alfonse to kill.

Just as I feared. *le sigh* It's a rerun with only 4 orbs as rewards this time around. And we're getting two BHB reruns this time around this month? I'm sure it will feel like it's worth it if we get some great new content like a new event or something, but otherwise, it's just sad. I'll cross my fingers and pray for a new GHB. If it's Lyon I'll never complain again. XD 

Oh well.... Time to get started on those quests. 

42 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Celica should be fought in Story 11-1: Caring Princess (20 stamina).

Alm can be fought in Paralogues 5-1: Legendary Hero (13 stamina), 5-3: Alm's Heroic Stand (15 stamina), or Intermission 1: Awakening Ancient Power (20 stamina).

That's the only thing worth adding to the OP I guess? @SatsumaFSoysoy

/Edit: Could be a challenge to solve all quests in one run. @Alexmender Has Cecilia been essential for your strategy? 

Edited by mampfoid

52 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That's the only thing worth adding to the OP I guess? @SatsumaFSoysoy

I guess? But I hope people can figure this out by now.

20 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy how about doing that for fun lol

Infernal

Alphonse must kill Cellica and Sharena must kill Alm

No Brave Roy

Why not, I guess. Ping people you think would be interested lol.

Ok, I solved all missions in one go. Team: 

• 5* Sharena (Sturdy Blow 1, Swordbreaker)
  • 5* Alfonse 
  • 5* Reinhardt (+RES, Lance Breaker, Hone Cav, Distant Defense Seal, Draw Back, Moonbow)
  • 5* BH!Lyn (Hone Cav)

Reinhardt needs some tweaks to survive Celicas attack and Lancebreaker to one-round the Cav. Sharena needs something to boost her ATK by 2 to kill Alm without help. 

Important steps: 

1. Lyn breaks the left wall, anyone draws/repositions her out of danger 
  2. Lyn baits and kills the Green mage on EP, charging Draconic Aura. Reinhardt is directly to her right (in front of the right gap). Sharena and Alfonse wait in the lower right corner. 
  3. The mage cav & Alm are going to the left gap, Cecila and the lance cav to the right gap. 
  4. Reinhardt kills the lance cav, charging Moonbow. Lyn kills the mage cav. Sharena moves left, Alfonse upwards. 
  5. Celica attacks Reinhardt, both survive with some HP left, Alm moves downwards
  6. Alfonse finishes Celica, Sharena kills Alm (needs two rounds without swordbreaker)

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Just as I feared. *le sigh* It's a rerun with only 4 orbs as rewards this time around. And we're getting two BHB reruns this time around this month? I'm sure it will feel like it's worth it if we get some great new content like a new event or something, but otherwise, it's just sad. I'll cross my fingers and pray for a new GHB. If it's Lyon I'll never complain again. XD 

Oh well.... Time to get started on those quests. 

I wish they would have included Anna in the Quest too and made it so all 3 units need to be on the Team at the same time to get the orbs. Forces people to move out of their Lamehardt/Crydelia/FartLyn comfort zone and think outside the box. Thats for Extreme to get orb rewards

For Infernal the same thing but as a reward you get a 4 Star copy each of the Askr Trio so you can actually start to merge them!

Edited by Hilda

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I wish they would have included Anna in the Quest too and made it so all 3 units need to be on the Team at the same time to get the orbs. Forces people to move out of their Lamehardt/Crydelia/FartLyn comfort zone and think outside the box

To my defense: I haven't used Crydelia since I never got her. ^^ 

In my solution Reinhardt can be replaced by Ursula at least. Lyn perhaps by Cecilia? 

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I wish they would have included Anna in the Quest too and made it so all 3 units need to be on the Team at the same time to get the orbs. Forces people to move out of their Lamehardt/Crydelia/FartLyn comfort zone and think outside the box

That'd be pretty cool. I suppose if IS really wants to up the difficulty, they just have to force players to use specific characters. Or limit who they can use. Complete Chapter X without a Blue Tome User/Dancer/Colorless Unit.

Part of me kind of wants to try this out, but I don't know how well I'll fare since my original strategy was three mages and a dancer. I guess I didn't have Reinhardt when this came out. XD Oddly enough, the Alfonse quest was easy. But Sharena just isn't doing it for me.