Bound Hero Battle: Children of Fate

SatsumaFSoysoy

Bound Hero Battle Alm & Celica Lunatic vs Askr Trio & Wrys
Complete Quest finisher in one battle

2x Skill Inheritance used:
Red Tome Breaker on Alfonse [4* Odin]
Miracle on Anna [4* Lucius, 4* Maria]
Vanilla Tier 1 seals used (but they might not be necesseray ecxept for HP+3 on Anna)

Everything else is Vanilla kit. Enjoy!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

That'd be pretty cool. I suppose if IS really wants to up the difficulty, they just have to force players to use specific characters. Or limit who they can use.

That would turn off the casual audience. “Forcing” players is not a good idea unless you’re the type that enjoys it. 

Ah, now I remember why I didn’t bother with this BHB the first time: the inflated stats. I wonder if I can pull this off with Arvis and Deidre...

Alright so, @JSND Alter Dragon Boner's Challenge:

- Infernal
- Must use Alfonse and Sharena
- Alfonse must kill Celica, Sharena must kill Alm
- No Brave Bow, Blade tomes or Reinhardt (and Brave Roy, according to JSND? I personally don't think it's a problem if you use him, though)

Anyone up for this lol? @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Vaximillian @Ice Dragon @LordFrigid

19 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

That would turn off the casual audience. “Forcing” players is not a good idea unless you’re the type that enjoys it. 

Ah, now I remember why I didn’t bother with this BHB the first time: the inflated stats. I wonder if I can pull this off with Arvis and Deidre...

Its not really a forcing if the Quests are optional to complete tough. In that regard i dont see a problem with that.

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Bound Hero Battle Alm & Celica Lunatic vs Askr Trio & Wrys
Complete Quest finisher in one battle

2x Skill Inheritance used:
Red Tome Breaker on Alfonse [4* Odin]
Miracle on Anna [4* Lucius, 4* Maria]
Vanilla Tier 1 seals used (but they might not be necesseray ecxept for HP+3 on Anna)

Everything else is Vanilla kit. Enjoy!

Enjoyed also this one. Anna with her native ER gives always a lot of options, she is pretty unique.

I wonder why Celica attacks Wrys and not Sharena in the end? Wrys can counter and has higher RES. 

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Enjoyed also this one. Anna with her native ER gives always a lot of options, she is pretty unique.

I wonder why Celica attacks Wrys and not Sharena in the end? Wrys can counter and has higher RES. 

Because Alm is blocking the spot for her to attack and she is moveing first.

@SatsumaFSoysoy and i just one shot Infernal with Askr Trio + Wrys, with Full skill inheritance and upgraded Seals.

7 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Because Alm is blocking the spot for her to attack and she is moveing first. [...]

No, he isn't. They could both attack Sharena. Perhaps it's because of WTA, remaining on defense tiles and Wrys counter with 0 damage doesn't count as a counter at all? 

Cleared all 4 quests in a single run of Lunatic A+C BHB.

Units used:

5* Alfonse: Brave Sword+, Reciprocal Aid, Draconic Aura, Drag Back

5* Sharena: Escutcheon, Armored Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3

+Atk/-Def PA Azura

+HP/-Atk Brave Ike: Quick Riposte 2

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just know there has been some discussion in the past about devs probably struggling to constantly create new content that's challenging since a lot of players cheese these things with Horse Emblem. I've noticed the attempts to nerf horse emblem clears, but that doesn't stop people. They already have quests that require you to use 4 armors or 4 fliers. And people complained about those for a while, but I haven't heard any complaints for a while. 

A few of my casual irl friends don't even bother with Infernal modes or the 10th stratum "use four of ___" to begin with, so adding "Infernal level quests" with restrictions or specific requirements for battles would just be something else they wouldn't bother with. They could easily make them feather quests instead of orb quests to cut back on the salt. But I know I'd like challenge even without orb rewards.

^In the video preview it looks like Azura is holding a bow, instead of her dancing a Cordelia. I spent a few minutes trying to understando how you could have an Archer Azura.

Anyway, cleared (surprinsingly) at first try, with Arthur/Subaki/Lilina/mysterious-blue-haired-dancer. Kinda random, just let Subaki tanking on the right (his def + QR is a blessing) and Lilina getting danced and clearing everything else from behind the wall. With her special she was able to OHKO Celica (even on a defensive tile!) and then helped Subaki with Alm. Arthur killed the blue mage and then... he was just standing there, I guess?.

I'll come back later to see your clears to see how to do the quest!

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

I juat cleared Lunatic with a team of Alfonse, Sharena, -Atk Dierdre, and Arvis so it's definitely possible. 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

- Infernal
- No Brave Bow, Blade tomes or Reinhardt (and Brave Roy, according to JSND? I personally don't think it's a problem if you use him, though)

Anyone up for this lol? @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Vaximillian @Ice Dragon @LordFrigid

>Infernal

Considering my Alfonse and Sharena are both 4 star, this is probably going to be extremely hard, if not impossible

Also did @JSND Alter Dragon Boner even do this themselves? I'm not even going to attempt it until he does it

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

- Infernal

Just for you:
In the end just kill Alm with Sharena and tank the Green mage, finish it off. (I forgot to kill him with Sharena and went with Alfonse by mistake)

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

>Infernal

Considering my Alfonse and Sharena are both 4 star, this is probably going to be extremely hard, if not impossible

Also did @JSND Alter Dragon Boner even do this themselves? I'm not even going to attempt it until he does it

I did it with Innes so i still need to retry it lol

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I did it with Innes so i still need to retry it lol

Well then

Looks like we'll be waiting for a while. Times like these I wish I had FSweep Brave Lyn

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well then

Looks like we'll be waiting for a while. Times like these I wish I had FSweep Brave Lyn

Sure would be a while lol. The main reason i kinda asked for it is to get a motivation to raise up Arvis to begin with and i had a choir session in a sec or two

29 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Just for you:
In the end just kill Alm with Sharena and tank the Green mage, finish it off. (I forgot to kill him with Sharena and went with Alfonse by mistake)

You are nearly out of stamina pots. ? 

Wish I could donate some to you, I didn't use many for TT. 

I have to think of a challenge for the next TT myself. Perhaps something with Candlelight, Windsweep or Firesweep. 

Got the quests with Alfonse, Sharena, Anna and Sonya. Sharena needed Luna to allow Alfonse to kill Celica in the same turn, but Sonya bested the other three easily.

Finally have a chance to redo Infernal at least, and I beat it with the mkv strat, only faster because I had 4 star versions of the units.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Not sure if it counts, but I did the challenge with Alfonse, Sharena, Innes, and PA!Azura. So no Brave Bow, Blade Tomes, or Rein, but they're also not exactly common units. Azura  never saw battle, and she didn't use WoM. So her base kit with Drive RES was good enough. I did give her the ATK Ploy seal for fun, but I'm not sure if it came into play. Innes (+RES -DEF) is rocking his base kit except I gave him Iceberg instead of Glacies. He has the ATK+1 seal. Sharena  I gave Luna and QR2 as well as Quickened Pulse. Alfonse was the one with the most SI: Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, and Red Tomebreaker 2.

I 100% think it was dumb luck that I managed to win because I wasted a stamina potion trying to replicate my strategy. Virion would be proud of my reckless tacticianing. He would be ashamed of my lack of grace. Someday I'll make my husbando proud.

Also @SatsumaFSoysoy I noticed that the picture of the map in the first post suddenly disappeared. 

Well I actually managed to get through Infernal this time. The squad was nephenee with spd+2 seal so she could double alm when he was speed buffed (and ignore his windsweep) , arvis with green tomebreaker so that shithead of a green tome unit would die on initiation, Legion with hit and run so he was never in celicas way and my double distant defence PA!Olivia who was basically the only unit who could safetly bait Celica 

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Not sure if it counts, but I did the challenge with Alfonse, Sharena, Innes, and PA!Azura. So no Brave Bow, Blade Tomes, or Rein, but they're also not exactly common units. Azura  never saw battle, and she didn't use WoM. So her base kit with Drive RES was good enough. I did give her the ATK Ploy seal for fun, but I'm not sure if it came into play. Innes (+RES -DEF) is rocking his base kit except I gave him Iceberg instead of Glacies. He has the ATK+1 seal. Sharena  I gave Luna and QR2 as well as Quickened Pulse. Alfonse was the one with the most SI: Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, and Red Tomebreaker 2.

I 100% think it was dumb luck that I managed to win because I wasted a stamina potion trying to replicate my strategy. Virion would be proud of my reckless tacticianing. He would be ashamed of my lack of grace. Someday I'll make my husbando proud.

Also @SatsumaFSoysoy I noticed that the picture of the map in the first post suddenly disappeared. 

Don't worry too much about the condition. The only requirement is completion of the quest while doing it in Infernal

Trying to do Infernal and getting absolutely nowhere and wasting stamina. So here’s what I’m trying to do:

Celica w/ max summoner support, distant def and g tomebraker kills the green mage (though she needs an attack buff, I think).

Typical +atk Rein build takes out the lance cavalier.

Nino takes care of the blue mage cav.

and then... it gets pretty cramped, and my team just dies. Rein cannot ORKO the enemy Celica, and he cant reach Alm either. And nobody can touch the axe flier. I also have a dancer which is usually either Inigo or Shigure as they can give extra buffs through refreshing others.

but as I said, I run out of room to manuvre and someone gets picked off. What to do? Having 4 more orbs would be really nice...