Bound Hero Battle: Children of Fate

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The map is live! It costs 10/15/15 stamina and gives 2/3/4 orbs for first clear of Hard/Lunatic/Infernal.
There is an additional starting axe unit in the Infernal version.

Finished each difficulty first try with horse emblem again.

• 5* Camus (Spd +3, Goad Cav)
  • 5* Elise (Rehabilitate, Hone Cav)
  • 5* Reinhardt +1 (Moonbow, DB3, Lancebreaker 2, Goad Cav, QP Seal) 
  • 5* Xander (Fury 3, Vantage, Hone Cav, Atk +1 Seal)

Annoyingly enough, loading Fury 3 Xander with an ATK+1 Seal, 2x Goad Cavalry, and Hone Cavalry causes him to leave the green mage with only 1 HP when it's on the defensive tile lol... 

Edited by Otorio

Stats inflation, defensive tiles that are not easily accessible for the player, and very cramped space for the player. Pretty much poised to be a recipe for disaster.

Was able to clear Infernal with Xander ( Amored Blow3, QR2, Hone Cav), Nino ( Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone atk 3), Camus (Fury 3, Vantage 3, Default C skill), Azura ( Darting Blow 3, WoM 3, Defaut C Skill)

This map was basically the definition of AI cheese. Brought Nino, Camus, Azura, and a healer. Just plop Nino down, making sure the blue horse mage blocks the destructible block like an idiot, and slow and steady wins the race.

(Sure was 'fun' trying to kill a Emerald Axe peg with Nino and two blues, though, haha.)

Fucking hell, that was a pain. Got all the way to the end with just Celica and the axe pegasus left and realized I needed one more charge on Sophia's Dragon Fang (or switch to Draconic Aura) to kill the axe pegasus and finish the match (because otherwise either Fae or Sophia is in range of Celica and will die), so I had to give her Quickened Pulse.

My strategy involves baiting and killing the lance knight with a high-Res (to tank the green mage) green unit to get rid of his annoying Pass on the first turn. After that, bait the remaining green mage and blue knight into killing themselves, then clean up Alm, Celica, and the axe pegasus.

+1 Sophia [+Atk, -Spd] (Rauðrraven+, Draw Back, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Res 3, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Attack +1)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, Squad Ace A 1)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Speed +1)

1. Fae moves up 2 squares onto the fortification tile (baits green mage and lance knight). Ninian moves under Fae. Nowi moves under Ninian. Sophia moves next to Nowi.
    1. Green mage attacks Fae. Lance knight attacks Fae and dies. Axe pegasus uses Reciprocal Aid on green mage.
  2. Nowi moves right 1 square. Fae moves below Ninian. Ninian uses Dance on Fae from below. Fae moves to the left of Sophia (baits blue knight). Sophia moves diagonally up and to the right (baits green mage).
    1. Blue knight attacks Fae and dies. Green mage attacks Sophia and dies.
  3. Nowi moves left 1 square. Ninian uses Dance on Nowi without moving. Sophia moves to the right of Nowi. Fae moves to the left of Nowi. Nowi moves to where Fae used to be (baits Alm).
    1. Alm attacks Nowi and dies.
  4. Sophia kills axe pegasus with Quickened Pulse Dragon Fang (Draconic Aura without Quickened Pulse also works) without moving. Nowi moves to the right of Fae and uses Reciprocal Aid on Fae to heal to full. Ninian uses Dance on Nowi without moving. Nowi moves up to stand next to Celica.
    1. Celica attacks Nowi and dies. Stage Clear!

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Well I manage to beat it on Lunatic, trying out infernal.

Can anyone confirm if any other units are place differently on infernal difficulty?

All units have the same starting positions, but there's a new axe pegasus with an Emerald Axe in the middle.

Beat Infernal with horse emblem (no surprise there)
5* Xander+1 (Swap, Life and Death 2, Quick Riposte 1, Hone Cavalry)
5* Olwen+1 (Reposition, Fury 3, Hone Cavalry, Spd+1Seal)
5* Reinhardt (Reposition, Deathblow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Goad Cavalry)
5* Cecilia (Reposition, Triangle Adept 3, Blue Tomebreaker 3, Goad Cavalry)

Edited by Symphonica

First time I've beaten infernal, so I'm pretty proud of that. Beat it with my Flier Embrem team and it was really just killing off the Lance and two tomes, then having my units dance around the bottom to seperate Alm, Celica, and that last Axe. First time I regret getting Res-  on Spring Cami.

Rip 2 stamina potions lol

I saw the map was trowing a lot of mages at me, so I figured that if the AI wanted a mage duel, I'd give them a mage duel. ( @Arcanite challenging me to a tome only battle a while back might have had something to do with it).

I cleared lunatic with Nino, Lilina, Linde and Olivia, can't really remember the strategy, but it mostly came down to a lot of things getting one rounded.

For Infernal I had to switch Reinhardt in for Linde. Strategy:

Spoiler

turn 1: Lilina gets buffed by a hone attack and lures out the green mage. Since she is +res, she takes 2x2 damage from him. The blue mage cav moves in front of the breakable wall instead of breaking it, the axe pegasi heals the green mage, and the lance cav approuches my team.

turn 2: Nino deletes the lance cav (bringing a lance to a mage fight...) and Lilina kills the axe pegasi. After a dance, she moves back to her  original spot opposed to the green mage, while Rein uses draw back to get Nino out range of Celica. On EP the green mage keeps hitting Lilina and mage cav decides to take the right exit instead of smashing the wall. Alm decided to show his comrade how to break a wall.

turn 3: I figured this was the moment for Rein to destroy Celica, but of course she would survive with 1 hp (he is +1, +atk, has DB3 and the atk+1 seal, and was boosted by a hone attack and a spur attack. Really liking those defensive tiles...). Luckily, Lilina had her AoE special charged up, so after she killed the green mage, Rein could actually kill Celica. Nino deleted the mage cav as one would expect of her. Finally, Olivia danced Lilina out of Alm's range.

turn 4: Rein kills Alm (at least he can still kill swordies without a problem).

So yeah, I'm really liking my new Lilina. Still not sure whether I want to build her up when I have a +spd Tharja lying aroung though.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I saw the map was trowing a lot of mages at me, so I figured that if the AI wanted a mage duel, I'd give them a mage duel. ( @Arcanite challenging me to a tome only battle a while back might have had something to do with it).

I cleared lunatic with Nino, Lilina, Linde and Olivia, can't really remember the strategy, but it mostly came down to a lot of things getting one rounded.

For Infernal I had to switch Reinhardt in for Linde. Strategy:

Hide contents

turn 1: Lilina gets buffed by a hone attack and lures out the green mage. Since she is +res, she takes 2x2 damage from him. The blue mage cav moves in front of the breakable wall instead of breaking it, the axe pegasi heals the green mage, and the lance cav approuches my team.

turn 2: Nino deletes the lance cav (bringing a lance to a mage fight...) and Lilina kills the axe pegasi. After a dance, she moves back to her  original spot opposed to the green mage, while Rein uses draw back to get Nino out range of Celica. On EP the green mage keeps hitting Lilina and mage cav decides to take the right exit instead of smashing the wall. Alm decided to show his comrade how to break a wall.

turn 3: I figured this was the moment for Rein to destroy Celica, but of course she would survive with 1 hp (he is +1, +atk, has DB3 and the atk+1 seal, and was boosted by a hone attack and a spur attack. Really liking those defensive tiles...). Luckily, Lilina had her AoE special charged up, so after she killed the green mage, Rein could actually kill Celica. Nino deleted the mage cav as one would expect of her. Finally, Olivia danced Lilina out of Alm's range.

turn 4: Rein kills Alm (at least he can still kill swordies without a problem).

So yeah, I'm really liking my new Lilina. Still not sure whether I want to build her up when I have a +spd Tharja lying aroung though.

I did the same thing, but stuck to Hard. Got a lot of confidence, now.

Infernal Complete!

Took me the least time of all 3 Infernal battles so far, and didn't even have to look up anyone else's strategy. Completed it on my 4th attempt.

I used: 5* Xander, Camus, Soren and 4* Olivia.

The approach was very different than Lunatic and took me about 10 turns (Xander and Alm having a very long duel since Camus was too damaged) but it worked! Pretty proud of myself for figuring out this infernal battle on my own.

I'll put up a video soon.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. All units have the same starting positions, but there's a new axe pegasus with an Emerald Axe in the middle.

Blue cavalry mage is one square higher, which means you can't bait him anymore without green mage joining the fray. 

Infernal complete!

Green tomebreaker Celica ORKOs the green mage on retaliation. She then chips at the axe flier before Michalis then repositions her to safety on the bridge, forcing the lance cavalier to suicide on him, while Ninian baits the mage cavalier. Camus ORKOs the mage cav while Michalis and Celica move to the left. Camus tanks the axe flier like the MVP he is and kills on retaliation with moonbow. After that, it's just simple hit and run tactics with reposition and dance.

Guess what those orbs got me. More 3*s. Yep, FML

Edited by Korath88

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Blue cavalry mage is one square higher, which means you can't bait him anymore without green mage joining the fray. 

Ah. Didn't notice because I never bothered breaking the wall myself.

17 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ah. Didn't notice because I never bothered breaking the wall myself.

Whelp, that answer my question.

Stupid infernal difficulty. 

Infernal's done after one Stamina Potion. I had to tinker a little with skills and replaced one unit from my original line-up.

Team: (all Level 40 and 5*) +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt, +Atk/-Spd Ninian, +Res/-Def Sanaki, +Spd/-HP Camilla
Skills:

• Reinhardt - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Attack +3, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Attack 2, Attack +1 (seal)
  • Ninian - Light Breath+, Dance, Triangle Adept 2, Wings of Mercy 2, Hone Attack 3, Speed +1 (seal)
  • Sanaki - Cymbeline, Harsh Command, Triangle Adept 1, Axebreaker 3, Hone Attack 3
  • Camilla - Brave Axe+, Draconic Aura, Darting Blow 3, Savage Blow 3

Original line-up had Minerva. She had to be replaced to manipulate AI in my favor.

1) Buff Sanaki. Place her in range of Green Tome. Ninian surrounded with Camilla to her left.
2) Even though Ardent Sacrifice Flier "heals" the Green Tome, leave Sanaki there and don't attack. Have Camilla move to Sanaki's east via Dance. Move Reinhardt out of possible attack range.
3) [why Minerva had to be switched] Flier "heals" Green Tome. With Minerva, she "heals" Blue Lance Cavalier, shifting her so Blue Tome Cavalier can take a shot at Minerva. Now with Camilla, Flier is blocking the way for Camilla to be killed.
4) Have Camilla kill the Blue Lance Cavalier in a safe spot. Sanaki kills the Flier. Ninian dances Sanaki. Sanaki moves east. Reinhardt is adjacent to Ninian.
5) Ninian dances Camilla so she can reach the Blue Tome Cavalier now moving west. Reinhardt repositions Ninian to safety. Have Sanaki moves towards the group without being in range of Celica or Alm. This lets her damage the Green Tome but can't kill due to the defense tile.
6) Have Reinhardt kill the Green Tome. Dance him to safety. Camilla and Sanaki out of range.
7) Reinhardt buffed can kill Alm and Celica as long as they aren't on defense tiles. Have him and Ninian work together to kill the two.
8) Done!

Edited by Dual Dragons

Beat it with Felicia, Azura, Ike, and Summer Tiki

Felicia put in a TON of work, Summer Tiki played part medic with renewal/ardent, and my head hurts a little now.

I don't know how I would have beaten it if the AI didn't prioritize doing 0 damage to Felicia over breaking the wall