How do you want to see Lissa fight?

Jedi

Lissa Class Etc  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer

• Sage
    • NUN WITH AXE
    • Other (Describe)
    • Game has both in my opinion (possible class change mechanics)

So seeing as she got leaked to be potentially in the game, how would you all like to see her fight?

Edited by Jedi

I'm want to stay hopeful and say she'll start as some sort of support unit, whose main focus would be staves, doing little damage to enemies, but being able to heal allies when necessary. I think it'd be cool to have her on my team and set her AI to follow my fighter and shower me with constant heals. She could get axes or magic through class changing.

However, I feel like they'll go the "main weapon is axes, healing is a secondary ability" way, with magic being selectable later through her progression.

Everytime I try thinking about how certain characters will play, I get reminded that we know precious nothing about most of the game mechanics. Hopefully this week's video gives us a peek into how some of these things work. (Also potential Famitsu previews tomorrow? Hype!?)

I'm actually hoping they'll play it straight by having her heal and rally generic troops to do their damned jobs instead of standing around. As well as being able to heal other playable character and npcs. And her only attacks are supers that you need to chain up with support abilities to keep the gameplay interesting. Not as dynamic as a normal playable character, but hey, that's why we play as four different characters in the same map. Let me choose those characters based on factors other than highest stats.

"I may surpriiiise you!"

Other: Use assorted staff magic besides healing, such as Freeze, Warp, Invoke, ect. to form a combat moveset. Maybe even borrow from Gaiden's cleric sets, with spells like Seraphim and Expel.

This assumes Lissa is the only "pure healer" in the game, and there's nobody better suited for such a gimmicky moveset. If she isn't, then just give her axes with some staff magic attacks as combo finishers.

I want to see her with an axe because potential Bolt Axe-oriented character.

I'm hoping they try and make one character of each weapon type magically oriented to encourage players to use it to cheese high defence, low res bosses.

Or they could just make it her signature weapon, I would not complain

As I posted in the previous thread talking about M!Robin and Lissa, I'd like her to use her stave as a bludgeon while utilizing AOE magic as both a buff to herself (and allies) and an attack to damage enemies during her combos. 

Basically, I want her to fight similarly to Aya from Samurai Warriors. 

6 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I wanna see Lissa with this axe:

IMG_0694.thumb.PNG.5dea94f98ae2de439fef9b836e034405.PNGPort's Blunderbuss in RWBY

YES.
Though, to quote Weiss, "How do you aim with it?"

Anyways...

I think staves may have actual attacks, with their normal string being basic melee and their charges being light magic (basically Aya Gozen from SW). I expect her to promote into War Cleric, but with the above rational I voted for "both".

Since she will probably start out as a cleric, I'd want to see her run around with her staff, healing heroes. When she is able to class change I'd like to see her turn into a war cleric, a sage, or even a bishop. It would be cool to see her use light magic, but even better to see her running around smashing people with a hammer. 

I would like, like in Heroes, staves had an attack function and a healing function. So she could cast spells like Assault, Panic, Gravity etc and then also heal. Or you know, just booping people on the head like staves did in RD.

Similar to what @Anomalocaris said, I hope they include various staves such as freeze, silence, rescue, and warp into her moves. It would suck if the only staves they include in this game are some sort of heal. Other than that I could see her either having axes, magic, or just using her staff to attack.

It would be pretty neat if she could use staffs like freeze on her axe and use some ice like attacks with it. and other kind of staffs that do interesting effect damage when she swings the axe.

Reclass her into Trickster and give her the ability to wield Falchion, Missiletainn, Rapiers, and Levin Swords.I really wish I could do that in Awakening

Since she is shown to wield Axes in the trailer, I hope she gets the chance to wield the Bolt Axe in combination with some staffs like Entrap, Enfeeble, Freeze, Silence, Panic, Gravity, Assault, etc. I know some of them were introduced in Heroes so they don't have much of a chance of showing up but it would still be nice. The ability to Rescue an ally on the other side of the map could also be nice so that you won't have to drop everything you're doing to prevent them from dying. She could also throw Hand Axes/Short Axes/Tomahawks/Volant Axes to attack at a distance.

Edited by Luankachu

Well, congrats to the people that chosen the NUN WITH AXE option :3

Judging by the trailer, looks like she will be using a 2h axe. It's nice that there is some variety between the same weapon types, with Frederick using a 1h axe and shield on a horse. The sword users so far (outside of Ryoma and Xander) are a little too similar in their way of handling swords.