Japanese GBA Rom Portrait Ripping

Bloodfox1998

Hey y'all. I was curious if there was any tool that could be used to rip portraits from a JP rom of FE8. I was hoping to get some of the portraits from the FE Midori hack to use in my portrait splicing ventures for my own hack, but to my knowledge FEditor adv doesn't support JP roms.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is that... something you should even be doing though?

Unless you can read japanese and have kinda like studied how they feel about that

I feel like our own artists would probably not like that, but idk, you'd have to ask them

30 minutes ago, Ritisa said:

Is that... something you should even be doing though?

Unless you can read japanese and have kinda like studied how they feel about that

I feel like our own artists would probably not like that, but idk, you'd have to ask them

I wasn't really planning on just using the sprites, so much as just dumping them to sort of either grab parts from them or to just look how they're put together so I can make my own original ones. I was also gonna put said hack in the credits of my own, so it wouldn't just be like I'm claiming them as my own, or at least I would hope it doesn't come off in that way. Either way I should be fine with just the classic gba fe sprites as I have been for a few months now.  

17 hours ago, Bloodfox1998 said:

just dumping them to sort of either grab parts from them

idk what they feel like, but this is also generally frowned upon in our community, even with credit given

Edited by CT075