Happy July 4th!

SullyMcGully

It's Independence Day, everyone! For those of you who aren't from the USA, this is basically the day we commemorate the adoption of the Declaration of Independence, which happened 241 years ago on July 4th, 1776. It's our biggest patriotic holiday, and is celebrated across the land with cookouts, country music, and fireworks. While patriotism isn't exactly at an all-time high right now in the US, it's still a really big deal to a lot of people. 

So do any of you have any great memories of previous July 4ths? Any family traditions you would like to share? Please note that this is NOT a thread for talking about whatever you think is right or wrong about America. That belongs in a different thread.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

I've never had a singular tradition that I've done. In the far past, my family would go to my uncle's house and he'd set off a bunch of fireworks. In recent years my family has gotten a couple of sandwiches from Sheetz and we'd go on a picnic with my grandparents; however, they're not home this year so instead I think we're just having dinner at home and letting off a few fireworks.

As my town is known as the Fireworks Capital of America, I can assure you there is always an abundance of them this week.

Edited by Rex Glacies