Alexmender

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

5 star Effie, 4 star Gordin, F Corrin, and Nowi stage 1

5 star Celica, 4 star Olivia, and Serra, and 5 star Oboro stage 2

5 star Male Robin, Jaffar, and 4 star Anna and Narcian stage 3

5 star Lilina, 4 star Sharena, Alfonse, and Selena stage 4

5 star Lyn, Karel, Azura, and Nino stage 5

I can show skills if you'd like :D:

Nah that's enough - just wanted to know what kind of units worked for you (colors, weapon types, etc.)

Obviously I'm not going to have the same units/skills you do.  Were your 4*s heavily skilled or just ones they get naturally?

TIP_ if you know how to complete a stage with only 3 characters, why use all four?  Don't waste good units when you don't need them.

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Were your 4*s heavily skilled or just ones they get naturally?

Gordon had Glimmer but that does nothing on that map. Nowi had Bonfire which did nothing too. Serra had Rehabilitate. Anna had attack +3 and Draw Back, but both of those do nothing on that map. Alfonso had reposition which I think did nothing... 

everyone else besides that is Vanilla with regards to just my 4 stars

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

TIP_ if you know how to complete a stage with only 3 characters, why use all four?  Don't waste good units when you don't need them.

That's what a few of my 4 star units were for actually XD

Edited by Arcanite

12 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Anyone got any tips for Map 3 in Squad Assault? So far I'm up to.

Map 1: Ephraim, Boey, Lachesis, Takumi

Map 2: Xander, Spring Lucina, Sharena, Michalis

But Map 3 is a real pain. I can't get to those Cavaliers.

For Map 3, I used Henry and his raven tome to divert the acher's attention while I used Sharena with Swordbreaker and healer support to defeat everyone else. The tree even helps to make a chokepoint for you to take advantage of. You could substitute Henry for anyone that can solo the archer and Sharena with any blue unit that can tank physical hits. My fourth slot didn't even matter so you can bring along another unit to help out. 

After 3 tries I've beaten the Squad Assault, it seemed harder at first but maybe it was because I wasn't thinking clearly due to the hype, my teams were the following:

Team 1: 4* Effie, 4* Seliph (level 32), 4* M! Robin (level 35), 4* Legion. Legion took Jagen down and Effie tanked Marth and Caeda while Robin did chip damage to them, Seliph was filler.

Team 2: Eldigan, Reinhardt, Priscilla, Raven. Standard Horse Emblem with Raven as filler.

Team 3: Ike, Hector, Nowi, B! Lyn. This is my enemy phase counter team, Nowi killed the archer and was healed by Lyn, then Hector kills the blue cavalier while Nowi and Ike take care of the red one, Roy died the following turn trying to attack Nowi.

Team 4: Nino, B! Caeda, Lukas, Lucina. Basic Blade tome team, this map was tricky because I chose the wrong Lukas (has no skills) but thankfully I got through with reposition shenanigans.

Team 5: Minerva, Caeda, Catria, Hinoka: Standard Flier Emblem team.

Finished in 4 tries. But, uh, this was mostly because I was super stingy throughout the whole thing. 

Seriously... I've got enough 5*s to create 6 full teams, but here I am dipping into the 4* pool too heh.

Anyway, here's my teams for the maps.

Map 1: All 4* Tsubaki, Palla, Catria, Camilla

Camilla kills Jagen with the help of Goad Fliers from Palla. Tsubaki Swaps with Camilla and tanks+sweeps the swords.

Map 2: 5* Nowi, 5* Lucina, 5* Lukas, 4* Clarine

Nowi tanks Leo, but doesn't kill him. Lukas heads up to tank Xander. Lucina kills Leo 2nd Turn and tanks Camilla and Elise. Heal Lucina, and then kill Elise and Camilla with her.

Map 3: 5* Camus, 4* Olivia, 5* Eirika, 5* Nino

Camus tanks the archer first turn and the team waits for the cavalry to rush in. With dance, Nino kills lance and archer while hiding behind the forest and Camus tanks and kills the sword. Run Camus into Roy to end the battle.

Map 4: 5* Gordin, 5* Ryoma, 4* Priscilla, 5* Azura

Honestly silly of me to bring a swordbreaker archer considering Chrom's crazy DEF. Team waits up top for enemy to come in. Gordin attacks Chrom 4x twice with dance help, procing Moonbow twice on him. Ryoma then chokes the Bridge and kills Chrom on the counterattack and tanks Frederick. Heal Ryoma up and clean up.

Map 5: 5* Xander, 5* Reinhardt, 5* Peri, 5* Elise

Typical Horse Emblem that rolls everything with Xander and Reinhardt.

Edited by Otorio

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Awww I wanted more feathers xD

Yeah, me too! There are only 21,600 feathers available as rewards. Pff, that's only one 5* and 80% of a 4*.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

You need someone to tank the archer, and you need someone who can tank the blue cav when it first comes down. I fielded Hector, Est, Catria, and Summer Tiki for this map. I had Hector tank the archer on the first turn, and then Catria went up and finished it off. Summer Tiki tanked the lance cav and either finished it off then or when my turn came around. I had Est take care of the sword cav, and Catria took care of Roy.

You could possibly use Xander to lure the archer, or a tanky mage/archer, or a mage with a Raven Tome+TA build. If Xander tanks the archer, he probably wouldn't kill it, so you'd need a lance flyer (because they'd be facing Roy) or a distance hitter to finish it off.

All right, beat it! This was my lineup:

Map 3: Hector, Nino, Eirika, Catria

Map 4: Alfonse, Anna, Shanna, Elise

Map 5: Masked Marth, Karel, Bride Cordelia, Ninian

Edit: Nino ended up being my tank for the Archer. She had just enough defense for it and, thanks to the boost from Eirika, had more than enough power to take it out.

Edited by Sentinel07

I rather enjoyed the squad assault map, wish there was second one, finally gives a reason to all those 40s I've been training up, and left sitting on the bench.

42 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Use a tanky ranged unit to bait the archer to the left, then use a lancebreaker/emerald green unit for the lance cav, and then a powerful blue unit that can deal with the sword cav and Roy. Also keep in mind the aura skills like goad and spur stack. I used those buffs to avoid being doubled by units with 10+ speed over my own, which can make all the difference.

FINALLY on the 5th try, I beat Squad Assault. 

Team 1: 5*Raven,5*Spring Camilla,5*Abel,5*Takumi: Raven and Abel did most of the work.

Team 2: 5*Corrin(Male),5*Linde,5*Rebecca,5*Clair: Fun how I setup my team to look like Hoshido vs Nohr.

Team 3: 5*Nowi,5*Camus,5*Bride Lyn,5*Jaffar: Nowi tanked and countering the Archer while Lyn was healing her. Jaffar weakened the rest then Nowi and Camus cleaned the rest up. The only map that gave trouble!

Team 4: 5*Reinhart,5*Celica,5*Azura,5*Zepheil: Bait them to come towards the Z wall with Dire Thunder and Ragnarok waiting for them.

Team 5: 5*Hector,5*Effie,5*Sheena,5*Genny: The Armored Emblem with a cheerleader. 

I was hoping that the seal was a team effort seal when a unit has it in the team, the rest of them gets 3+HP as well. Oh well....

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I currently have no stamina since I've been training up stuff, but does Squad Assault make you set teams before or after selecting the map?

For the first round, it uses your currently selected team, for every round after that you make the team similar to losing in TT. You can even check the map and plan accordingly. Also if you don't succeed the first time, it remembers the teams you used for the rounds after 1.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

For the first round, it uses your currently selected team, for every round after that you make the team similar to losing in TT. You can even check the map and plan accordingly. Also if you don't succeed the first time, it remembers the teams you used for the rounds after 1.

Hm. So I guess I'll have to split up my core team.

Beat squad assault. Here's my teams. SI that were actually relevant in parenthesis. Most are 5*s except Tsubaki and Hana on map2, and the filler Lissa is a 2*.

Map 1: Soren, Jeorge, Alphonse (Swordbreaker2), Lissa
Soren poked Jagen. Alphonse finished and tanks Marth. Jeorge finishes Marth and gets hit by Caeda. Jeorge pokes Caeda. Alphonse killse Caeda. Lissa is filler.

Map 2: Tsubaki*, Hana, Takumi (Hone Spd 3), Olwen (Blarblade)
Tsubaki blocks Xander. Takumi and Hana buffs Olwen, who is in Leo's range. Olwen moves out of range of Camilla and Takumi finishes Leo. Hana tanks a hit from Camilla and Takumi finishes her. Olwen and Takumi kills Elise. Tsubaki completely walls Xander and gives no fucks. 
*I put Bonfire on Tsubaki to speed up the process, but +atk -res 4* Tsubaki is capable of doing 3 dmg to Xander so he'd have eventually taken him down anyway

Map 3: Hector, Sharena, RobinM (TA3, Swordbreaker2), Lachesis
Robin tanks archer and finishes on the next player phase, Hector moves to the edge of Lance dude's range and counterkills him. Robin hits red cav for a lot, Sharena finishes. Repeat for Roy. Lach is filler.

Map 4: Xander (Fury2, Goad Cav), Leo (Darting Blow 3, Raudrblade), Priscilla(Hone Cav), Hinoka
Prissy buffs up Leo and Xander. Leo takes a good chunk out of Lissa EP and hits Chrom for most of his HP on PP. Xander finishes and kills Fred. Lissa also dies to Leo and Xander. I thought I'd use Hinoka for Chrom, but I didn't need to.

Map 5: Olivia, Ryoma (Fury3), Reinhardt (DB3 Moonbow QP), Camus
Ryoma punches the Thief and Rein finishes, then Ryoma gets danced and kills Wrys. Then we wait for the other dudes to come over and Rein was able to orko the thief with a Hone Atk from Olivia and Goad Cav from Camus. Then he gets danced and finishes with a 41x2 to Navarre. 
*Robin probably would've been really good here since he counters basically the entire map.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm not really going to worry about trying Squad Assault right now. I'll be doing the Tempest for the most part, and then the Chain Challenges with the blade Mages. I think I'll take in mind the idea to save Normal for later- feeding Florina SP on weekends, maybe?

When you don't need a bonus unit like in the Arena, Lilina does make a good teammate to Nino and Linde. Or at least a fun one. Though I should probably try to get some Hero Merit (Lilina's the only one on the team not at max)- at least Hero Merit can be farmed, and this looks like the place to do it.

Finished squad assault. Wasn't too bad. I think the key was splitting my OP units so that each team had at least one heavy hitter. Klein killed all the enemies on the last map by himself XD. 

As for chain challenge, I'm using my tempest team for that. Clearing a buttload of maps is what it's built for. Also let it not be said that IS isn't being generous with orbs. I might actually be able to pull a better bonus unit for Tempest now!

Did Squad Assault on the first try. I was pretty scared going in after reading everyone's comments but it ended up being pretty easy. I only needed maybe 2 main units to clear most of the maps. Like the one with Chrom, Fredrick and Lissa literally only needed Tharja and my 3* Olivia to dance her once so Chrom and Fred both got nuked the same turn.

Pretty happy with the seal. That means I don't have to keep switching the HP seal between B Camilla and other units so often. Also fun to make her my "Ace."

Now to try and get the Lunatic Chain orbs!

19 minutes ago, Whistle said:

figure i shd post my achievement here. Fin all squad assult and chain challenge just now. Soooo many orbs handed out. i am so glad :D. 

https://ibb.co/b6gFea
https://ibb.co/mVvxsv

Man, you're always so quick!

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Did Squad Assault on the first try. I was pretty scared going in after reading everyone's comments but it ended up being pretty easy. I only needed maybe 2 main units to clear most of the maps. Like the one with Chrom, Fredrick and Lissa literally only needed Tharja and my 3* Olivia to dance her once so Chrom and Fred both got nuked the same turn.

Pretty happy with the seal. That means I don't have to keep switching the HP seal between B Camilla and other units so often. Also fun to make her my "Ace."

Now to try and get the Lunatic Chain orbs!

Man, you're always so quick!

:D. i fin earlier but was posting in reddit and gamefaq :D. haha. thx tho :D. 

Squad Assault (all Level 40), with relevant SI mentioned:

Map 1: (all 4*) Subaki, Soren, Ursula, Narcian
Map 2: 5* Camus (Bonfire), 4* Olivia, 4* Gwendolyn, 4* Xander
Map 3: 5* M!Robin (Swordbreaker 3), 4* Gunter (Hone Cavalry), 4* Cecilia, 4* Sully
Map 4: (all 5*) Sharena, Sanaki (Axebreaker 3), Bridal Lyn (Hone Attack 3), Tharja
Map 5: (all 5*) Ninian, Reinhardt, Ryoma, Camilla

Soren wasn't needed. Ursula only hurried up the map. Could have been easily done with just Subaki and Narcian. Bridal Lyn didn't do much except Hone Attack buff.

Greatest difficulty was in Map 3. Cecilia doesn't have TA of any level and can't kill the Archer even after Hone Cav and softened up by Camus. I swapped Camus and M!Robin and that worked out.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yay, another member of the cleared on first try club! *high fives* I thought that it would be really hard, so I held off on using some of my best units. And then it was over, and several of them went unused. Oh well!

Alright, beat Squad Assault on my second try. It would have been a first try clear but I fat fingered.

Team 1: 4* (Brave Sword+) Alfonse, 5* Sharena, 5* Anna, 5* Jaffar

Team 2: 5* Hinoka, 5* Clair (with Armored Blow and Iceberg), 4* Palla, 5* Camilla

Team 3: 5* Hector (Bonfire), 5* Summer Robin (Fury, Vantage, Threaten Spd), 5* Ninian, 4* Lissa

Team 4: 5* +2 Celica, 5* (Brave Lance+) Effie, 5* Bunny Lucina, 5* Bride Lyn (Heavenly Light, Spd +3, Hone Spd)

Team 5: 5* +1 Kagerou (L&D3) did everything, 5* +1 Azura, 5* +1 Reinhardt, 5* +2 Lucina

Went back and made a video of my run for fun. Not sure if it'd be of much help for anyone who hasn't done it/is struggling, but maybe seeing the maps in action could help. Also with map 3, I actually lost the first time with this strategy because I forgot Claire had Spur Speed and not goad, so she was a tile away and Bunilla was 2 shotted by the archer, it was a mix of funny and depressing, rip 20 stamina. Also as a side note, I'm curious how MKV will tackle this one since he can only use Donnel once (He's probably had nightmares about this scenario).

I keep reading this as Squid Assault. Look out! They're everywhere.

Map 1: Cherche, Olivia, Charlotte, Gwendolyn (4*, Sapphire Lance)

Map 2: Ike, Lissa, Odin (4*, no SI), Sharena

Map 3: Camus, Xander, Cecilia (4*, TA3), Ursula (4*, no SI)

Map 4: Chrom, Alm, Jaffar, Reinhardt (4*, no SI)

Map 5: Takumi, Lucina, Lil' Tiki, Julia

Definitely made it harder than necessary on the final map by forgetting to balance my dudes, especially with blues and physical attackers. I noticed Jagen and Alen (is that how we spell it now?) are the only two enemy blues while Fred and Camilla are the only greens, so it's pretty easy for some 3-4* dudes with Sapphire Lances or Blarraven to save the day.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Also as a side note, I'm curious how MKV will tackle this one since he can only use Donnel once (He's probably had nightmares about this scenario).

If you kept every single free unit since release, you'd have 3 copies of Donnel.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

If you kept every single free unit since release, you'd have 3 copies of Donnel.

Unless I misunderstood, you're not allowed to use dupes at all. Even if it technically is a different unit.