Jump to content
Weeping__Dalek

Favourite Cutscene/Dialogue Section

Recommended Posts

If we're counting the DLC, then my favorite moment would have to be Lukas's ultimatum to Slayde after the battle in part 4. It was just so unexpected in a fire emblem game, and it represented such an important shift in Clive's and Fernand's respective character arcs. It also feeds into my Lukas is a secret psychopath theory. 

I also really liked Fernand's lines about not having someone like Clive has Clair right before the siege of Zofia Castle. I think the voice acting really sold those lines. The DLC as a whole just made me appreciate Fernand's character so much more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BakanGin said:

Either support between boey and maybe or when grey says, 'NOICE'.

You mean Boey and Mae?

 

17 hours ago, kingpiny said:

If we're counting the DLC, then my favorite moment would have to be Lukas's ultimatum to Slayde after the battle in part 4. It was just so unexpected in a fire emblem game, and it represented such an important shift in Clive's and Fernand's respective character arcs. It also feeds into my Lukas is a secret psychopath theory. 

I also really liked Fernand's lines about not having someone like Clive has Clair right before the siege of Zofia Castle. I think the voice acting really sold those lines. The DLC as a whole just made me appreciate Fernand's character so much more. 

Ah, I don't have the DLC, Part 4 of which DLC for the lines with Lukas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

 

Ah, I don't have the DLC, Part 4 of which DLC for the lines with Lukas?

The DLC is called Rise of the Deliverance, and it basically tracks the formation Deliverance after King Lima's death. It's heavily centered around Clive and Fernand, and also expands significantly on the rest of the Deliverance (Mathilda, Clair, Lukas, Forsyth, and Python). In addition to the 4 chapters that it contains, it also unlocks a plethora of supports for the main characters that are generally of really high quality and absolutely should have been included in the main game. It also unlocks a few new Memory Prisms. If you're planning on buying any Echoes DLC, this one is definitely the one to get IMO. Alternatively, you can just watch a playthrough of the DLC on Youtube, which I highly recommend you do if you don't get the DLC yourself; trust me, it's well worth your time, and it really fleshes out the Deliverance characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll second the Deliverance DLC maps (particularly #2 and #4) - the first and last maps have some of the most nuanced writing I've seen yet in Fire Emblem as a series. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kingpiny said:

The DLC is called Rise of the Deliverance, and it basically tracks the formation Deliverance after King Lima's death. It's heavily centered around Clive and Fernand, and also expands significantly on the rest of the Deliverance (Mathilda, Clair, Lukas, Forsyth, and Python). In addition to the 4 chapters that it contains, it also unlocks a plethora of supports for the main characters that are generally of really high quality and absolutely should have been included in the main game. It also unlocks a few new Memory Prisms. If you're planning on buying any Echoes DLC, this one is definitely the one to get IMO. Alternatively, you can just watch a playthrough of the DLC on Youtube, which I highly recommend you do if you don't get the DLC yourself; trust me, it's well worth your time, and it really fleshes out the Deliverance characters. 

Ya, I just don't have the money for any DLC right now and if I do get any it'll probably be the Cipher Legends because it gives you characters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For serious story moments, I liked the scene between Clive and Alm when Clive apologized to Alm for his own weakness after rescuing Delthea. That scene was just a big moment for Clive and made me like him a lot. I also liked all of Berkut's meltdowns, his va was just amazing.

 

For funny lines, the DLC memory between Clair and Fernand where they bicker about their love interests had me in stitches, especially "I am going to find your brother and bury him in a very deep hole". Also Tobin in general was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2017 at 8:45 PM, kingpiny said:

If we're counting the DLC, then my favorite moment would have to be Lukas's ultimatum to Slayde after the battle in part 4. It was just so unexpected in a fire emblem game, and it represented such an important shift in Clive's and Fernand's respective character arcs. It also feeds into my Lukas is a secret psychopath theory. 

I also really liked Fernand's lines about not having someone like Clive has Clair right before the siege of Zofia Castle. I think the voice acting really sold those lines. The DLC as a whole just made me appreciate Fernand's character so much more. 

I'd like to read that theory. (since I'm writing a Yandere Lukas fanfic)

20 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

For serious story moments, I liked the scene between Clive and Alm when Clive apologized to Alm for his own weakness after rescuing Delthea. That scene was just a big moment for Clive and made me like him a lot. I also liked all of Berkut's meltdowns, his va was just amazing.

 

For funny lines, the DLC memory between Clair and Fernand where they bicker about their love interests had me in stitches, especially "I am going to find your brother and bury him in a very deep hole". Also Tobin in general was great.

I'll second all of Berkut's moments. I know I shouldn't like a villian as much as I like him, but he's so entertaining to watch, especially the meltdown after the mirror incident and the memory prism where he meets Rinea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I'd like to read that theory. (since I'm writing a Yandere Lukas fanfic)

@Anomalocaris feels the same way and gave a great argument in my Lukas thread!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fernand: I'll rip that traitorous tongue from your throat!

Lukas: Then you'll finally have the truth in your grasp!

Sure, the context of the argument is complete bullshit, but Fernand and Lukas' voice actors are both excellent, and Lukas is mah boi. The DLC was especially kind to him and Python.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Alright. Where would this thread be?

Right here!

But yes; the DLC is great. Fernand also benefits from the expansion of his character. It was good to see Clive realize that his defence of the king might be misplaced, yet be forced to kill the traders anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the conclusion of the Deliverance DLC. Holy crap, Lukas. You realize you're the bad guy from the Iran Hostage Crisis, yes? Plus with all the characterization of him feeling detached and dispassionate toward others, it culminates into him as a great theoretical villain.

As far as non DLC stuff, I like the alternate scene you get if Mathilda dies. Especially how Clair adds to the conversation. I feel like they could have really hammered Clive's emotions home by making him leave your party after that mission, but the next scene with him at the end of Act 3 has equally good impact with that different context.

Edited by Gustavos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...