Best and Worst Units

14 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Going back to the Gonzales stuff, I don't consider his huge con as entirely a positive (his 15 con is too much for most promoted mounts to rescue, and this gets even worse after promotion, with only Shin and an unpromoted Shanna having enough Aid to rescue him), which practically limits him to having to get everywhere on his own two feet, which sucks for him with FE6 maps being as big as they are.

On the flipside, combining his speed and con together, he will hardly lose any speed making him worthy of using the brave axe & armads.

But really though, the unit itself isn't the big problem here but rather how FE6 axe users have horrible hit rates in general.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On July 25, 2017 at 3:24 AM, Harvey said:

On the flipside, combining his speed and con together, he will hardly lose any speed making him worthy of using the brave axe & armads.

But really though, the unit itself isn't the big problem here but rather how FE6 axe users have horrible hit rates in general.

That's true, but the Brave Axe's 55 hit is much too inaccurate for me to rely on, and Armads is likely not gonna see any use as far as I'm concerned, with weapon ranks being as slow to rise as they are...

True, but Gonzales's low skill doesn't help him any, nor does it that he's axe locked...

Best:

FE6: Haven't played much of vanilla FE6 to have a solid opinion

FE7: Hector, Raven, Pent

FE8: Seth (bolded for being one of the best units in the entire series), Joshua, Ephraim

Worst:

FE6: See the statement for best FE6 units

FE7: Isadora, Wallace, Renault

FE8: Amelia, Knoll

On 7/23/2017 at 10:52 PM, Weeping__Dalek said:

Cecilia is pretty bad, but to be honest, she isn't as bad as some other prepromotes imo (Juno, for instance)

Lol. Cecilia isn't bad at all.

And to be honest, again, I'm more concerned about Geese getting doubled than Gonzalez not hitting anything. Because, again, Gonzo's Skl can be worked around. (I don't think anyone else needs Secret Books, for starters.) And at least you could hit the enemy again if you can double reliably, whereas  your survival is very slim to the point where one hit isn't enough to save you if you're getting doubled.

2 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

And to be honest, again, I'm more concerned about Geese getting doubled than Gonzalez not hitting anything. Because, again, Gonzo's Skl can be worked around. (I don't think anyone else needs Secret Books, for starters.) And at least you could hit the enemy again if you can double reliably, whereas  your survival is very slim to the point where one hit isn't enough to save you if you're getting doubled.

The thing is, disregarding the secret shop at the end of the game, there's only two Secret Books, with one being route-dependent. His affinity and support list do him no favours, either.

12 hours ago, Sweet_Basil said:

Syrene worst? I'm offended.

I'm in agreement she isn't as bad as Marisa or Ewan. But she does have her flaws and for that I pity her. She is the last non-CC PC to join and has Seth like bases, which are bad this late into the game. Her growths are good and she turns out to be solid unit once leveled, no Tana for sure, but only slightly worse than Vanessa (less superfluous Skl and Spd, slightly less Lck and Def but slightly more Res). And this is fine for a prepromote, whose main selling point should be their bases.

In addition, Syrene does have, unlike Juno in FE6, a viable Sword rank at a C though, which means she can take a lightweight Killing Edge to Axe units and that might be something the other two winged girls lack. Of course, they can just go and grab Axereavers, which will be less of a problem using if they go Wyvern Knight for a 2 Con lead over Syrene which enables them to use Iron Lances without AS loss.

If we wanted to fix Syrene and make her a better but balanced unit, just raise her base level and base stats appropriately, as there isn't much time for her good growths to kick in as is. Maybe toss her a little more Res to make this aspect of her stand out even more vs. her competitors.

On 7/24/2017 at 2:19 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Um, I honestly fail to see how Wendy turns out good when she fails to outclass Bors by any notable margin...

Hey, I don't think he's that bad either, but Gonzales has a glaring weakness, and his good points fail to make up for his flaws.

I'm not saying she's worth training, I'm saying she won't be bad if trained up, but with how difficult she is to train, as well as FE6 in general, I say use Bors or Douglas if you really want a General in FE6

On 7/25/2017 at 1:24 AM, Harvey said:

Yeah, FE6 Axes are the main issue here with Gonzales being locked to them with his pathetic Skill not being able to hit anything. If Gonzales were in FE7 or FE8 he would be amazing, but in FE6, no way

20 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's true, but the Brave Axe's 55 hit is much too inaccurate for me to rely on, and Armads is likely not gonna see any use as far as I'm concerned, with weapon ranks being as slow to rise as they are...

True, but Gonzales's low skill doesn't help him any, nor does it that he's axe locked...

The only way you're gonna see Armads use is if you train up Wade, Lot, Geese, Gonzales or Echidna's Axe Rank, why do you think it's hard to use Aureola in FE6 with the only class able to use Light Magic being the Bishop starting with I believe a D in Light iirc

20 hours ago, Sweet_Basil said:

Syrene worst? I'm offended.

FE6
Best- Shanna, Miredy, Marcus, Percival
Worst- Sophia or  Wendy

FE7
Best- Marcus, Pent, Sain, Florina
Worst- Nino

FE8
Best- Vanessa, Tethys, Saleh
Worst- Ewan

Saleh, one of the best units in FE8? Lute and Artur would like a word with you

18 hours ago, Crystallized Silver said:

Best:

FE6: Haven't played much of vanilla FE6 to have a solid opinion

FE7: Hector, Raven, Pent

FE8: Seth (bolded for being one of the best units in the entire series), Joshua, Ephraim

Worst:

FE6: See the statement for best FE6 units

FE7: Isadora, Wallace, Renault

FE8: Amelia, Knoll

All units mentioned as best are good, but what about some of the Paladins or Flyers in FE7? Or Gerik? As for the worst, FE7 Nino? She's much worse than Isadora and around the level of Wallace or Renault in terms of how good she is

10 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Lol. Cecilia isn't bad at all.

But why does it matter if Gonzales doubles if he misses everything even remotely fast? And how is Cecilia not a bad unit? I'm not arguing that she's the absolute worst (Sophia) levels of bad, but she's not a good unit

7 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The thing is, disregarding the secret shop at the end of the game, there's only two Secret Books, with one being route-dependent. His affinity and support list do him no favours, either.

Which brings up, if I need to buy stat-boosters to make you a good unit, then you aren't a good unit. And what is 2 or 4 Skill gonna do for Gonzales against enemies like Swordmasters, Heroes and Nomad Troopers, two of which you fight a lot typically since Sue and Shin are so much better than Shanna and Tate as combat units, so you will probably end up in Sacae

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm in agreement she isn't as bad as Marisa or Ewan. But she does have her flaws and for that I pity her. She is the last non-CC PC to join and has Seth like bases, which are bad this late into the game. Her growths are good and she turns out to be solid unit once leveled, no Tana for sure, but only slightly worse than Vanessa (less superfluous Skl and Spd, slightly less Lck and Def but slightly more Res). And this is fine for a prepromote, whose main selling point should be their bases.

In addition, Syrene does have, unlike Juno in FE6, a viable Sword rank at a C though, which means she can take a lightweight Killing Edge to Axe units and that might be something the other two winged girls lack. Of course, they can just go and grab Axereavers, which will be less of a problem using if they go Wyvern Knight for a 2 Con lead over Syrene which enables them to use Iron Lances without AS loss.

If we wanted to fix Syrene and make her a better but balanced unit, just raise her base level and base stats appropriately, as there isn't much time for her good growths to kick in as is. Maybe toss her a little more Res to make this aspect of her stand out even more vs. her competitors.

Syrene isn't nearly as bad as Juno because Syrene can actually do something in FE8 whereas Juno can't do crap in FE6 But as a flyer, Tana and Cormag are so much better than her so why do you need her?

Lute and Arthur vs Saleh?  I'd say he's the equivalent of Pent/Niime at least on Eirika's route. It's so easy to get him to warp rank. As for Syrene being outclassed by Cormag/Tana, it doesn't matter. Those two are outclassed by Vanessa but they can still work well together. There are plenty of deployment slots and fliers are very useful especially for the lategame maps. If you don't want to slow down for Cormag, on Eirika's route, Syrene works good enough as the third flier. She also has good weapon ranks, and you don't need to slow down for her to be useful like you do for the trainees, or Marissa, or L'Arachel, or Dozla. 

5 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

But why does it matter if Gonzales doubles if he misses everything even remotely fast?

Because, simply put, he's NOT missing everything in his path. (You forget enemy Lance users exist.) Not to mention, he's hitting things just as often as Alan is. Take that how you will.

And how is Cecilia not a bad unit? I'm not arguing that she's the absolute worst (Sophia) levels of bad, but she's not a good unit

How, pray tell, is being a staff user on a horse, in a game where high movement is highly desired, a bad thing? Not to mention, she can use Elfire, Bolting, and Aircalibur. (All of which Clarine wishes she could use.) Plus, as she's a magic user, keeping her out of danger is easy. 

Which brings up, if I need to buy stat-boosters to make you a good unit, then you aren't a good unit.

Except at no point did I say that you have to buy stat boosters for him, now did I?

And what is 2 or 4 Skill gonna do for Gonzales against enemies like Swordmasters, Heroes and Nomad Troopers,

Better question: What are you doing pitting him against those particular enemy types in the first place? 

two of which you fight a lot typically since Sue and Sin are so much better than Shanna and Thea as combat units, so you will probably end up in Sacae

Except Thea's not much of a slouch, and there's the fact that both Sue and Sin are bow users. Even with the latter's high bases considered, bowlock is still a detriment for the two of them. It limits the bow user's actions, regardless of how strong he or she is, and it also limits EXP gain by extension. It's like trying to argue that Takumi would have a higher level than Hinoka or Silas in FE14 Birthright by the time Ryoma joins.

Edited by Just call me AL

17 hours ago, Sweet_Basil said:

Lute and Arthur vs Saleh?  I'd say he's the equivalent of Pent/Niime at least on Eirika's route. It's so easy to get him to warp rank. As for Syrene being outclassed by Cormag/Tana, it doesn't matter. Those two are outclassed by Vanessa but they can still work well together. There are plenty of deployment slots and fliers are very useful especially for the lategame maps. If you don't want to slow down for Cormag, on Eirika's route, Syrene works good enough as the third flier. She also has good weapon ranks, and you don't need to slow down for her to be useful like you do for the trainees, or Marissa, or L'Arachel, or Dozla. 

Saleh is a good staff bot, certainly a lot better for using staves than Moulder and arguably better than Natasha or L'Arachel. And Vanessa vs. Tana is only really a question because Vanessa joins earlier, Tana has higher Strength and still enough Speed to double

15 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Because, simply put, he's NOT missing everything in his path. (You forget enemy Lance users exist.) Not to mention, he's hitting things just as often as Alan is. Take that how you will.

How, pray tell, is being a staff user on a horse, in a game where high movement is highly desired, a bad thing? Not to mention, she can use Elfire, Bolting, and Aircalibur. (All of which Clarine wishes she could use.) Plus, as she's a magic user, keeping her out of danger is easy. 

Except at no point did I say that you have to buy stat boosters for him, now did I?

Better question: What are you doing pitting him against those particular enemy types in the first place? 

Except Thea's not much of a slouch, and there's the fact that both Sue and Sin are bow users. Even with the latter's high bases considered, bowlock is still a detriment for the two of them. It limits the bow user's actions, regardless of how strong he or she is, and it also limits EXP gain by extension. It's like trying to argue that Takumi would have a higher level than Hinoka or Silas in FE14 Birthright by the time Ryoma joins.

He misses anything in his path that isn't using a Lance, and he misses more than Allen just because Allen can use Swords and Lances whereas Gonzales can only use Axes. Cecilia's stats are pathetic, she joins in the worst chapter in the game to be a mounted unit, and there are much better candidates to use tomes such as Bolting and Staves such as Warp. You need more than 2 Secret Books to make Gonzales hit things. The problem is those enemies appear way more often in Sacae where I normally end up because Shin>Tate. Sue and Shin are only bow-locked in their unpromoted classes and can use Swords as Nomad Troopers. And Tate isn't terrible, but Miledy and Shin are just so much better and can kill things easier than Tate can.

10 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

Saleh is a good staff bot, certainly a lot better for using staves than Moulder and arguably better than Natasha or L'Arachel.

Natasha and L'Arachel, definitely. But being a better staff user than Moulder is arguable due to Moulder's likely higher staff rank by the time Saleh joins.

He misses anything in his path that isn't using a Lance

The commonality of which you are underestimating.

and he misses more than Allen just because Allen can use Swords and Lances whereas Gonzales can only use Axes.

Not really, and that's because of said commonality.

Cecilia's stats are pathetic, she joins in the worst chapter in the game to be a mounted unit, and there are much better candidates to use tomes such as Bolting and Staves such as Warp.

10 Mag is a stat that Clarine will never realistically reach, and the growth Cecelia has for that is higher than Clarine's as well. 10 Spd with a 25% growth, in a game where enemies are actually competent, is problematic, I'll grant you. But she's not supposed to be facing heavy combat anyways. The rest of her stats are expected of another unit in her class at her level by the time she joins. And to quote Mekkah a bit, would having her join one chapter later or earlier really make her better? And I already told you that she doesn't need to kill enemies in order to contribute. And besides, who are you going to give something like Bolting to? Lugh? Lilina? They lack horses, so the chances of them being able to get in range of hitting an enemy are shaky at best, and the amount of damage done with Bolting wouldn't be enough to change outcomes of a typical Bolting usage. And the only staff user in FE6 that's better than Cecilia is Niime, who would be using Warp anyways even without considering using Cecelia. Until Niime joins, Cecilia's uses definitely make her at least worth considering to add to your team. 

You need more than 2 Secret Books to make Gonzales hit things.

Not really, and that's because of the aforementioned lance-using enemy commonality.

The problem is those enemies appear way more often in Sacae where I normally end up because Shin>Tate.

Regardless of if you end up in Sacae or not, he shouldn't be facing sword users. That goes for anyone that's a pure Axe user or an axe + bow user.

Sue and Shin are only bow-locked in their unpromoted classes and can use Swords as Nomad Troopers.

What they can do unpromoted affects them more heavily as units than what they can do promoted.

And Tate isn't terrible, but Miledy and Shin are just so much better and can kill things easier than Tate can.

Except Thea's bases are pretty similar to Sin's. Plus, Thea joins three levels higher than Sin, whereas Sue joins at a level that Shanna would have already passed by the time the former joins. That, combined with Sue's and Sin's weapon of choice, would mean that, with equal usage, Shanna and Thea would be gaining EXP more easily than Sue and Sin. Making the player more likely to reach Ilia than Sacae.

Edited by Just call me AL

22 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Natasha and L'Arachel, definitely. But being a better staff user than Moulder is arguable due to Moulder's likely higher staff rank by the time Saleh joins.

The commonality of which you are underestimating.

Not really, and that's because of said commonality.

10 Mag is a stat that Clarine will never realistically reach, and the growth Cecelia has for that is higher than Clarine's as well. 10 Spd with a 25% growth, in a game where enemies are actually competent, is problematic, I'll grant you. But she's not supposed to be facing heavy combat anyways. The rest of her stats are expected of another unit in her class at her level by the time she joins. And to quote Mekkah a bit, would having her join one chapter later or earlier really make her better? And I already told you that she doesn't need to kill enemies in order to contribute. And besides, who are you going to give something like Bolting to? Lugh? Lilina? They lack horses, so the chances of them being able to get in range of hitting an enemy are shaky at best, and the amount of damage done with Bolting wouldn't be enough to change outcomes of a typical Bolting usage. And the only staff user in FE6 that's better than Cecilia is Niime, who would be using Warp anyways even without considering using Cecelia. Until Niime joins, Cecilia's uses definitely make her at least worth considering to add to your team. 

Not really, and that's because of the aforementioned lance-using enemy commonality.

Regardless of if you end up in Sacae or not, he shouldn't be facing sword users. That goes for anyone that's a pure Axe user or an axe + bow user.

What they can do unpromoted affects them more heavily as units than what they can do promoted.

Except Thea's bases are pretty similar to Sin's. Plus, Thea joins three levels higher than Sin, whereas Sue joins at a level that Shanna would have already passed by the time the former joins. That, combined with Sue's and Sin's weapon of choice, would mean that, with equal usage, Shanna and Thea would be gaining EXP more easily than Sue and Sin. Making the player more likely to reach Ilia than Sacae.

Saleh actually has the stats to use staves tho that iirc Moulder doesn't. In terms of lance users in FE6, they aren't common in Sacae, so while I'll give that they are fairly common after Western Isles if you go to Ilia as well as between the Western Isles and Sacae as well as in the late game, they aren't common enough to include a unit who has pathetic skill and the least accurate weapon type in the game as his only weapon. Sure, Allen has a similar Skill stat on average to Gonzales at approximately the same level, but Allen has two more accurate weapon types (especially Swords) and better supports at his disposal (specifically with Lance). 30 HP, 11 Magic (I could've sworn it was 10, but the Wiki says 11), 7 Skill, 10 Speed (You've already touched on that), 10 Luck, 7 Defense, 13 Resistance as a Level 1 Promoted Unit, Clarine will have way better stats as a Level 1 Valkyrie, specifically Skill, Speed and Luck, allowing Clarine to not instantly die against more than 1 physical unit, unlike some other characters such as Cecilia and Niime (Niime won't survive against the more powerful physical units, such as Wyvern Lords) and Clarine has at least 10, maybe 12 more chapters of availability and should be high level unpromoted or maybe even promoted by now. And you also ignore that Bolting has 3-10 range and the lategame of Binding Blade has a ton of enemies so Lugh and Lilina being able to Bolting someone isn't an issue. Really, what is Gonzales gonna go up against in Sacae? A handful of Wyvern Riders or Cavaliers? Maybe Arcardo or Roartz? Not really worth it when I can use other units who are much more reliable against the Nomad Troopers and Swordmasters that are so common in Sacae (especially Nomad Troopers) such as Paladins, Magic Users and Miledy. On Tate vs. Shin, their bases may be similar, but Pegasus Knights aren't great in FE6, they can't really do much with weaker lances and stronger lances weigh them down too much

23 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Lugh? Lilina? They lack horses, so the chances of them being able to get in range of hitting an enemy are shaky at best

Is this a joke? Getting in range to use freaking Bolting is about the easiest thing in the world. They have a threat range of 16. While this does barely trail Bolting!Cecilia's 18, it's still ahead of literally every other unit in the game. Lugh's far superior mag/spd make him a considerably better slinger of Bolting. Lilina I'd argue is better as well, even though the spd gap isn't as pronounced, because your shots of Bolting are limited so more mag makes them count a lot more.

(That said I obviously agree that Cecilia is certainly not among the game's worse units.)

23 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Except Thea's bases are pretty similar to Sin's. Plus, Thea joins three levels higher than Sin, whereas Sue joins at a level that Shanna would have already passed by the time the former joins.

None of this helps you get to Ilia. The route-split is calculated based on total exp gained, so Thea joining at the highest level (as well as latest) of the four makes it less likely you get Ilia if you use all four.

But realistically which route you get depends on which of the four you actually use and we all know this. It's kinda up to the individual player. I'll throw in my hat with those who tend to reach Sacae more but you can easily get to Ilia if you prefer. IMO units should be judged based on a 50% (or so) chance of going to each route.

3 hours ago, Weeping__Dalek said:

Saleh actually has the stats to use staves tho that iirc Moulder doesn't.

Doesn't mean that Saleh's gonna use Warp at a sooner time than Moulder.

In terms of lance users in FE6, they aren't common in Sacae, so while I'll give that they are fairly common after Western Isles if you go to Ilia as well as between the Western Isles and Sacae as well as in the late game, they aren't common enough to include a unit who has pathetic skill and the least accurate weapon type in the game as his only weapon.

Clearly you didn't read the claims that his accuracy isn't bad in the lategame, where lance users are plentiful.

Sure, Allen has a similar Skill stat on average to Gonzales at approximately the same level, but Allen has two more accurate weapon types (especially Swords) and better supports at his disposal (specifically with Lance).

Which no one is contesting. But that doesn't automatically make Gonzo useless. It's like saying that Hawkeye is useless because he isn't the Swiss army knife Marcus is. That's the closest comparison I can think of.

30 HP, 11 Magic, 7 Skill, 10 Speed (You've already touched on that), 10 Luck, 7 Defense, 13 Resistance as a Level 1 Promoted Unit, Clarine will have way better stats as a Level 1 Valkyrie

Only if you promote her at level 20, which is realistically never happening due to the EXP gain healers generally have. If she does promote, Clarine's likely having 22 HP, 7 Mag, 10 Skl, 15 Spd, 13 Lck, 4 Def, and 11 Res. And the only significant advantage Clarine has over Cecilia is her Spd. Everything else will be undoubtedly be worse, make no mistake.

unlike some other characters such as Cecilia and Niime (Niime won't survive against the more powerful physical units, such as Wyvern Lords)

If Niime is somehow in danger from any enemy, then you're doing something wrong.

and Clarine has at least 10, maybe 12 more chapters of availability and should be high level unpromoted or maybe even promoted by now.

This is assuming that she's somehow getting 1,500 EXP within that time frame. Which is only happening if you turtle.

And you also ignore that Bolting has 3-10 range and the lategame of Binding Blade has a ton of enemies so Lugh and Lilina being able to Bolting someone isn't an issue.

I was actually trying to take that 3-10 range into consideration, as well as Cecilia's horse. Horses, after all, allow for greater movement, and greater attack range by extension.

Really, what is Gonzales gonna go up against in Sacae? A handful of Wyvern Riders or Cavaliers? Maybe Arcardo or Roartz? Not really worth it when I can use other units who are much more reliable against the Nomad Troopers and Swordmasters that are so common in Sacae (especially Nomad Troopers) such as Paladins, Magic Users and Miledy.

Considering that units usually get about 1-2 levels per map, does it really matter whether or not Gonzales faces fewer enemies in Sacae than anyone else worth using? 

On Tate vs. Shin, their bases may be similar, but Pegasus Knights aren't great in FE6, they can't really do much with weaker lances and stronger lances weigh them down too much

A 2 AS loss with Iron Lances isn't really that bad. And with anything else, Thea still has enough Spd for a cushion if she needs one for a stronger weapon.

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Is this a joke? Getting in range to use freaking Bolting is about the easiest thing in the world. They have a threat range of 16. While this does barely trail Bolting!Cecilia's 18, it's still ahead of literally every other unit in the game.

I must be underestimating how many enemies are faced on each map. Forgive me.

Lugh's far superior mag/spd make him a considerably better slinger of Bolting. Lilina I'd argue is better as well, even though the spd gap isn't as pronounced, because your shots of Bolting are limited so more mag makes them count a lot more.

True. But I doubt that Bolting is a tome meant for double attacks and killing. And don't enemies in FE6 have pathetic Res anyways? 

None of this helps you get to Ilia. The route-split is calculated based on total exp gained, so Thea joining at the highest level (as well as latest) of the four makes it less likely you get Ilia if you use all four.

I thought that level was a factor in what route you go to. My mistake.

But realistically which route you get depends on which of the four you actually use and we all know this. It's kinda up to the individual player. I'll throw in my hat with those who tend to reach Sacae more but you can easily get to Ilia if you prefer. IMO units should be judged based on a 50% (or so) chance of going to each route.

But wouldn't Sue and Sin have a harder time gaining EXP than Shanna and Thea due to being bowlocked? I mean, granted, there's enemy fliers, and aid from other units in Sue's case. But they're still limited to one round of combat per turn. And that's despite the bows' generally lower Wt.

• 3 weeks later...

Best

FE6: Rutger. His Hard Mode bases are pretty great and Swordmaster is quite the powerful class in FE6 with their high Crit rate. Runner ups: Miledy, Deke, Percival

FE7: Hector. Strong, durable, has a very powerful Sacred Weapon and unlike Eliwood he can be pretty godly even in his own route where you are forced to use him. Runner ups: Raven, Lucius, Pent.

FE8: Seth. I mean cmon. Oifey, strong starting bases and very good growths that carry him for the WHOLE GAME. Bringing him to the final chapter is not a bad thing to do. Runner ups: Joshua, Cormag, Eprahim.

Worst

FE6: Sophia. Her Con, bases and the weight of her weapons speak for themselves. Runner up: Wendy

FE7: Karla. Terrible join time with some low bases. Runner up: Renault

FE8: Knoll. His stats are pretty bizarre and it doesn't help that Gleipnir is the worst Sacred Relic in the game. Runner ups: Amelia and Ewan.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

How in the world is Karel the worst?

Karel joins extremely late into the game (second to last chapter) and while he does have good stats, he is hindered by:

-No reliable good 1-2 range.

-No mount

-Has no time to use Boots from the Secret Shop in Chapter 21, so he will fall behind your other units

-Outclassed by other Durandal users

-And again, his extremely sucky availability.

• 2 weeks later...

Best:

FE6: Marcus, Miledy, Percy, HM Rutger. Unlike in FE7 Marcus falls off pretty hard but you get no one else with decent stats for so long in FE6 that you need him if you want a remotely decent turn count.

FE7: Marcus again, Pent, Fiora (Florina is better with LM though)

FE8: Seth, Franz, Vanessa are all you need. My god they're so good.

Worst:

FE6: Douglas. Hear me out. Bors gets a village, Sophia gets a guiding ring, and if you're dying to use a general Barth and Wendy can both do something for a couple chapters to get the ball rolling. (Not much, but still). Douglas just attacks you for a chapter and then hits the bench, he's seriously so bad. Juno is bad too but any flier can hardly be called worst in the game.

FE7: Wallace. He seems marginally better than Douglas since he distracts some enemies, but he can also die if you're unlucky with his AI. At least Nino helps exp rank and can in theory be a decent Sage, Karla can kill a thing on player phase now and again, and Renault has staves. (I don't really think Renault is that bad though). The archers can chip, too...Wallace has nothing going for him lol.

FE8: For the supposed easiest entry in the series, there sure are a lot of bad units. Neimi, the trainees, Marisa...but the worst is probably Ewan. His availability is shit and if you really want a dark mage (lol why would you) just use Knoll (who isn't worst-in-game tier but also not good). Ross and Neimi join early, Marisa can in theory kill a couple enemies without her hand being held, and Amelia can get a mount. Ewan can do none of these things and joins after SALEH ffs. Oh and Syrene is hardly worst in game level, get real.

Lol @ everyone itt talking about supports in gba like they ever matter

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

On 11/22/2017 at 7:09 PM, thejohnmatthews said:

Karel joins extremely late into the game (second to last chapter) and while he does have good stats, he is hindered by:

-No reliable good 1-2 range.

-No mount

-Has no time to use Boots from the Secret Shop in Chapter 21, so he will fall behind your other units

-Outclassed by other Durandal users

-And again, his extremely sucky availability.

He's basically of the Gotoh/Athos archetype, a unit with high enough stats to get you an easier win.

- It's true that he no good 1-2 range. But the same can be said for Rutger, and most of the other sword users.

- You don't really need a mount for the last three chapters, unless you really want to complete the chapters as fast as you can. Rescue exists, anyways.

- Uh, yes he can. You just need to keep the Boots till he joins.

- I'll admit to that. But he still works as a good back up for it.

- And again, he has high enough stats that his availability isn't much of an issue as it is for someone like Sophia.  

Best:

FE6 - Miledy, Rutger, Percival

FE7 - Hector, Pent, Marcus

FE8 - Ephraim, Seth

Worst:

FE6 - Sophia, Gwendolyn, Juno

FE7 - Wallace, Renault, Karla

FE8 - Knoll, Ewan

I did 3/3 for 6 and 7. Garcia might be added to 8's worst list, but there are reasonable ways to make him work.