Jedi's Roster Predictions

Jedi

Ok folks, i'm gonna do this finally, since you seem to like my opinions on this stuff I figured it'd be fair to post what I think might happen. 

I will eventually do like a "bigger roster" or "dream roster" if you guys want, but I'll be sticking with a "safe choices" roster right now. 

If you don't like my suggestions, just remember I could be wrong, but its also not who I fully want in the game, so just remember that, i'm trying to go with the safest answers possible for this first one. 

The Current Known Roster 
Marth, Ryoma, Xander, Corrin, Lianna, Rowan, Darios (unless he's an NPC), Chrom, Frederick, Robin, Lissa, Lucina, Tiki (Potentially). Thats 13

My safe guesses to the rest of the roster would be as follows. Assuming a Roster of 25 ala @The DanMan

Camilla, Takumi, Leo, Kaze/Jakob, Azura, Tharja,Cordelia, Minerva, Gordin/Jeorge, Caeda, Camus, Hardin

While I hope the roster is bigger than 25 I feel this is a very likely set of characters regardless of the size of the roster. Add multiple weapon movesets, into the mix and the imbalance of weapons would be less of an issue. 

I'll expand with later predictions in the future.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty accurate to me, though I wonder if Elise and Sakura will join the base roster.

Part of me wants Merric and Linde because of their signature tomes and it'd be pretty nice among mage diversification.

My pessimistic prediction is that Shadow Dragon was only stated because Marth is in the game, and he'll be the only one. :(

2 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

My pessimistic prediction is that Shadow Dragon was only stated because Marth is in the game, and he'll be the only one. :(

Aww no :(. Archanea has imo the best cast to promote because of Regalia, unique weapons, etc. It'd be pretty sad to just have Marth and be Awakening/Fates warriors.

5 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Japan loves Marths games too much for that even to remotely be the case. They'd riot.

FE3 is still largely their favorite FE.

Edited by Jedi

3 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Nah man, isn't Wrys the top meme'd character in Japan? If they add a joke character, it'll be him. ...Or possibly Arthur.

Anyway, I can't say that'd be a particularly fun roster you've got there, Jedi my boy. I don't want to contribute to the salt mine, but I would hope the roster will be a little more unpredictable than that.

Also, I'd bet on Felicia rather than Jakob or Kaze, personally. 

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Nah man, isn't Wrys the top meme'd character in Japan? If they add a joke character, it'll be him. ...Or possibly Arthur.

Anyway, I can't say that'd be a particularly fun roster you've got there, Jedi my boy. I don't want to contribute to the salt mine, but I would hope the roster will be a little more unpredictable than that.

Also, I'd bet on Felicia rather than Jakob or Kaze, personally. 

Yeah I didn't really go for most fun, it was more "most predictable" haha. I hope its different or the general cast is larger myself.

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Japan loves Marths games too much for that even to remotely be the case. They'd riot.

Good thing the fanbase has remained so calm throughout this development period since the announcement.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Yeah I didn't really go for most fun, it was more "most predictable" haha. I hope its different or the general cast is larger myself.

Oh I know. I'll hope for a few more surprises myself, but we'll see. I do want that Cynthia/Noire/Shiro.

14 minutes ago, Thane said:

he definitely is now, but I'm not sure if he always was

like, most of the jokes with wrys now have to do with heroes and getting him while trying to get takumi/any gray unit

i'm sure that if they started making the game now, it would be wrys, but this game was clearly in development before heroes came out, so I feel like they might go for someone else

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, unique said:

he definitely is now, but I'm not sure if he always was

like, most of the jokes with wrys now have to do with heroes and getting him while trying to get takumi/any gray unit

this game was clearly in development before heroes came out, so I feel like they might go for someone else

There's some meme about him with his vulnary, which is why he has it in his Heroes art, and in some chibi art preceeding even the announcement of that game. Wrys was meme material before. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

There's some meme about him with his vulnary, which is why he has it in his Heroes art, and in some chibi art preceeding even the announcement of that game. Wrys was meme material before. 

actually the thing about the vulnerary is that he was replaced by one in fe3

if you go to the village where he was in FE1, you just get a vulnerary instead

that's probably why he has it in that one picture, and why he has a stamina potion in heroes

he definitely was already a meme but I don't know if it was enough for them to actually put him into this game, especially since he wasn't in fe3, which is apparently the most popular fe game in japan

i guess out of the 3 games that are gonna have characters here he's probably got a pretty good chance, but for a joke character I think they might go for felicia or something instead

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I definitely want to listen to WE'VE GOT TROUBLE.

Oh right as much as that'd be funny to hear again, the main reason I think they'd go with Jakob is because we have Female Corrin, I guess thats a bit of a loose reason.

1 minute ago, unique said:

actually the thing about the vulnerary is that he was replaced by one in fe3

if you go to the village where he was in FE1, you just get a vulnerary instead

that's probably why he has it in that one picture, and why he has a stamina potion in heroes

he definitely was already a meme but I don't know if it was enough for them to actually put him into this game, especially since he wasn't in fe3, which is apparently the most popular fe game in japan

i guess out of the 3 games that are gonna have characters here he's probably got a pretty good chance, but for a joke character I think they might go for felicia or something instead

So, essentially, you confirmed what I just said, then? He was a meme before Heroes, and he's a candidate for the spot of a joke character.

Dang, my logic's catching on. Kinda scary.

So we have the twins, Chrom, Frederick, Lissa, Robin, Lucina, Marth, Ryoma, Xander, and Corrin. That's 11 confirmed characters, leaving 14 open. So from here:

Awakening: Cordelia, Tharja, Gangrel (Frederick steals Walhart's niche and Robin's tomelocked-- perfect for some trickster madness with a Levin Sword)

Fates: Leo, Takumi, Camilla, Azura, Kaze, Garon

Shadow Dragon: Caeda (but with swords to form a triangle with Cordelia and Camilla), Camus ("villain" rep that forms a triangle with the other two), Draug (the OG armor knight), Jeorge (IS has an odd fetish for him)

Edited by The DanMan

I don't think Wrys has a chance at all. They already stated that one of the worlds will seem a bit smaller than the other 2, and that one will likely be SD (they wouldn't limit Awakening and Fates) and while Wrys can use light magic IIRC we'll likely have Linde to do it anyways.

And I don't think they'd give one of Ninty's biggest franchises a joke character. Like, Agitha from HW wasn't  a joke character, she was the developers' favorite and they wanted her in. No one really wants Wrys when we can have Camus, Caeda or Hardin.

6 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Dang, my logic's catching on. Kinda scary.

So we have the twins, Chrom, Frederick, Lissa, Robin, Lucina, Ryoma, Xander, and Corrin. That's 10 confirmed characters, leaving 15 open. So from here:

Awakening: Cordelia, Tharja, Donnel, Gangrel (Frederick steals Walhart's niche and Robin's tomelocked-- perfect for some trickster madness with a Levin Sword)

Fates: Leo, Takumi, Camilla, Azura, Kaze, Garon

Shadow Dragon: Caeda (but with swords to form a triangle with Cordelia and Camilla), Abel/Jeigan/Camus (they'd fulfill a similar niche), Merric, Draug (the OG armor knight)

Um, you forgot Marth.

And Robin could get swords as extra weapons.

Edited by Arthur97

I don't see why everyone's putting Garon on their roster. He isn't even the main villain of Fates and no one likes him. If you want a foot axe user, we already have that with Lissa. It'd be much more interesting to have Anankos' human form in the roster, but even he isn't really cared for. But please do not put Garon in it, especially when competition is already fierce due to there being 10 royals. Plus, I really don't want that hideous thing on my character select screen

3 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

I don't see why everyone's putting Garon on their roster. He isn't even the main villain of Fates and no one likes him. If you want a foot axe user, we already have that with Lissa. It'd be much more interesting to have Anankos' human form in the roster, but even he isn't really cared for. But please do not put Garon in it, especially when competition is already fierce due to there being 10 royals. Plus, I really don't want that hideous thing on my character select screen

I say skip villains for Fates and add Camus, Michalis, and/or Walhart in their stead.

I have the unpleasant feeling Hardin isn't going to get into the game and that they will just have Gharnef take the villain spot.  Perhaps his inexplicable absence in Heroes is the reason I think so.  Camus seems a likely choice which would make the cavalry selection to crowded for Hardin to join, though they could use his emperor class instead. 

Also I just realized I forgot to put Azura in there somewhere, man I feel stupid. Edited Donnel out but I still feel he has a huge chance... 25 choices is a bitch.

Edited by Jedi

7 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

I don't see why everyone's putting Garon on their roster. He isn't even the main villain of Fates and no one likes him. If you want a foot axe user, we already have that with Lissa. It'd be much more interesting to have Anankos' human form in the roster, but even he isn't really cared for. But please do not put Garon in it, especially when competition is already fierce due to there being 10 royals

Garon may be rightfully hated but he's kinda the best thing Fates can bring to the table when it comes to villains. Zola and Kotaro are to minor, Hans is generic and Iago is pathetic. Garon at least has a strong design and the potential of an axe, Magic and water limbs moveset going for him.
Anankos wouldn't really be any good either. His dragon form is to big and his human form doesn't look all that impressive. 

But I could see it happening that no Fates villain makes it in and that its Xander who takes the role of primary Fates antagonist. 

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Also I just realized I forgot to put Azura in there somewhere, man I feel stupid. Edited Donnel out but I still feel he has a huge chance... 25 choices is a bitch.

I've already contemplated making a DLC thread, but it felt too soon.

17 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Um, you forgot Marth.

And Robin could get swords as extra weapons.

14 minutes ago, Folt said:

But he only wrote down 14 guys (well, 16, but three appear to fighting for one spot) so it all evens out anyways.

It was pure stream-of-thought, that post. Knew I'd make a couple stupid mistakes.

Removed Donnel and Merric because they aren't necessary for unit variety and locked in Camus while adding Jeorge.
EDIT: "Knew I'd make". I spehl wel.

Edited by The DanMan