Jedi's Roster Predictions

Jedi

2 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Uh, are you sure about that? In terms of popularity, Sakura is Lucina when she stands next to the three you mentioned. Those characters don't even have that big of a fanbase and SD might already be strapped on characters because the devs said one of the games has a smaller cast compared to the other 2. And we know Virion isn't getting in over Tharja and Cordelia; Virion isn't relevant nor does he have the popularity he needs. I'd see Gaius and Nowi getting in before him.

It makes sense to have all of the royals, especially when each one is so different. You could say there's better options for a foot axe user, like one who starts out using one but no, we got Lissa.

It's not all about popularity though. Virion also isn't competing with Cordelia or Tharja to represent archers, he's competing with archers. As for the SD characters, there will pretty much always be a more popular choice from the newer games, so someone will have to get in over more popular choices.

And Lissa needed some weapon and her Awakening importance makes her a prime candidate, and there were fewer main characters in Awakening so they could better fit them in.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have to remember that the Japanese adore Marths games more than anything else, so anything from them will get a good amount of excitement from them.

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You also have to remember that the Japanese adore Marths games more than anything else, so anything from them will get a good amount of excitement from them.

Why is that, anyways? They just don't do much for me.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Why is that, anyways? They just don't do much for me.

FE3 was the best selling & best received Fire Emblem in Japan overall pretty much until Awakening, FE6 scored really well as well, but it didn't leave as much of an impact on them as 3 did.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

It's not all about popularity though. Virion also isn't competing with Cordelia or Tharja to represent archers, he's competing with archers. As for the SD characters, there will pretty much always be a more popular choice from the newer games, so someone will have to get in over more popular choices.

And Lissa needed some weapon and her Awakening importance makes her a prime candidate, and there were fewer main characters in Awakening so they could better fit them in.

It isn't all about popularity and Virion isn't competing with Tharja and Cordelia to be an archer, of course, but there can only be so many spots for a game. We have all of Awakening's core cast; Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Frederick and Lucina. If we add in 2 popularity picks, those being Tharja and Cordelia, that's 7. I don't think we'd need anyone else besides those, unless they want to put in Gangrel for a villain. Awakening has a small cast of main characters, you're right, so it doesn't need as much representation. We get the point, the focals with the 7/8 I mentioned. Now I'm not saying there couldn't be anyone else from Awakening, but there's not many picks you could go with.

And for your point about Lissa, you could say the same thing for Sakura. While Fates has 10 royals, Sakura needs a weapon and her status as a royal, it could make her a prime candidate for a 2nd archer.

I see no reason why they would see Sakura and Gordin, Jeorge, Virion and pick one of the latter 3. If we get Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Camus, Michaelis, Draug, Navarre, that's already 7. You could toy around with that a bit but I don't see the first 3 going anywhere. My money's on SD having the smallest cast and Gordin/Jeorge don't make exciting picks at all. With how they've been stating "Oh yeah mhmm girl this roster over 20 characters biggest crossover collab Warriors game mhm that RIGHT" I have some faith they could squeeze in the 10 royals from Fates, esp. with how the 10 are so diverse.

1 minute ago, Pokechu said:

It isn't all about popularity and Virion isn't competing with Tharja and Cordelia to be an archer, of course, but there can only be so many spots for a game. We have all of Awakening's core cast; Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Frederick and Lucina. If we add in 2 popularity picks, those being Tharja and Cordelia, that's 7. I don't think we'd need anyone else besides those, unless they want to put in Gangrel for a villain. Awakening has a small cast of main characters, you're right, so it doesn't need as much representation. We get the point, the focals with the 7/8 I mentioned. Now I'm not saying there couldn't be anyone else from Awakening, but there's not many picks you could go with.

And for your point about Lissa, you could say the same thing for Sakura. While Fates has 10 royals, Sakura needs a weapon and her status as a royal, it could make her a prime candidate for a 2nd archer.

I see no reason why they would see Sakura and Gordin, Jeorge, Virion and pick one of the latter 3. If we get Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Camus, Michaelis, Draug, Navarre, that's already 7. You could toy around with that a bit but I don't see the first 3 going anywhere. My money's on SD having the smallest cast and Gordin/Jeorge don't make exciting picks at all. With how they've been stating "Oh yeah mhmm girl this roster over 20 characters biggest crossover collab Warriors game mhm that RIGHT" I have some faith they could squeeze in the 10 royals from Fates, esp. with how the 10 are so diverse.

Dno if you should talk for everyone considering Jeorge is one of my most wanted characters in this game, just due to his cool design, and character, not to mention Parthia would be an awesome weapon in a warriors game, shooting arrows that cause literal fire streaks and waves is something that Koei-Tecmo would love. 

2 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Your argument hinges on the fact that you think all the Fates royals should be in, but why? Honestly, do we need both Elise and Sakura? Or even Hinoka (whose role Cordelia could easily take over)? Honestly, Sakura and Elise don't seem that grand and important.

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Dno if you should talk for everyone considering Jeorge is one of my most wanted characters in this game, just due to his cool design, and character, not to mention Parthia would be an awesome weapon in a warriors game, shooting arrows that cause literal fire streaks and waves is something that Koei-Tecmo would love. 

Pretty much this. I'd love to see Jeorge with Parthia, as it just seems like a really cool weapon to use in a Warriors setting. I also think it'd just be cool to see Jeorge and Takumi team up and have them unleash a barrage of fire and energy arrows onto the enemy.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Your argument hinges on the fact that you think all the Fates royals should be in, but why? Honestly, do we need both Elise and Sakura? Or even Hinoka (whose role Cordelia could easily take over)? Honestly, Sakura and Elise don't seem that grand and important.

I believe all the Fates royals should be in because they're all diverse, unique characters. I could see if some had the same class, yeah leave them out, but they're all completely different. One of the reasons they chose the 3 games they did was to represent all of the classes, get the most variety, and the Fates royals do just that. You ask if we need both Elise and Sakura, but they're completely different. Just because they're healers doesn't mean they can't both be in. One is mounted and magical, the other is foot and an archer. There's so many ways they could have a moveset unique to them. Once again, if one is redundant if the other gets in, we wouldn't have 3 Falchion users. And they know that each royal has sizeable fanbases.

And while Hinoka and Cordelia could end up being pretty similar, they could just as easily be unique from each other. Those 3 royals might not seem all that grand and important, but they're main characters, which is more than what Virion, Gordin, Jeorge, and Cordelia can say, and they're not much less important story-wise than the other siblings. None of them are really all that important in the story, save for Ryoma and Xander. Maybe the two little brothers too.

Edited by Pokechu

4 minutes ago, Raijinto said:

Pretty much this. I'd love to see Jeorge with Parthia, as it just seems like a really cool weapon to use in a Warriors setting. I also think it'd just be cool to see Jeorge and Takumi team up and have them unleash a barrage of fire and energy arrows onto the enemy.

Shame we there is like a .00001% chance of Reina, a flying bow user is a rarity by FE standards. And who by the way is our most likely choice for a Bow Knight/Horseman anyway? Niles? Selena (though in Future Past 3 she's a Hero)? I very much doubt Wolf. And Virion doesn't seem much like a Bow Knight to me. Then again, who'd have thought Lissa a War Cleric?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shame we there is like a .00001% chance of Reina, a flying bow user is a rarity by FE standards. And who by the way is our most likely choice for a Bow Knight/Horseman anyway? Niles? Selena (though in Future Past 3 she's a Hero)? I very much doubt Wolf. And Virion doesn't seem much like a Bow Knight to me. Then again, who'd have thought Lissa a War Cleric?

Duuuuude i'd love Wolf so much, but yeah I highly doubt he'll be around unless they want him and Hardin to have the bro moments.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Duuuuude i'd love Wolf so much, but yeah I highly doubt he'll be around unless they want him and Hardin to have the bro moments.

We're so in the dark at the moment, despite the game not being that far away really, that we have zero idea of whether even Hardin is going to be as much as a named generic cavalier officer! Either we're going to be bombarded with info in the less than three remaining months before release, or we'll be awakening to a metric ton of surprises come Sept. 28th. I don't know if I'd be able handle being here come that day if that's the case.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We're so in the dark at the moment, despite the game not being that far away really, that we have zero idea of whether even Hardin is going to be as much as a named generic cavalier officer! Either we're going to be bombarded with info in the less than three remaining months before release, or we'll be awakening to a metric ton of surprises come Sept. 28th. I don't know if I'd be able handle being here come that day if that's the case.

I'll try to keep up with the news even if they rapidfire it, or i'll die in the attempt.

But yeah we don't even know the general direction, even if I call my picks safe I can't even be 100% sure...

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Niles. His roguish nature endears him to quite a few fans, and he would be a nice contrast to the Nohr royals. 

I feel as though shafting Awakening and Fates villains on the list isn't the way to go for this one.

On the other hand, we've received absolutely jack about whether they're going to show up at all, so I guess it's fair.

I'd argue we're almost guaranteed to see all the royals besides Elise and Sakura due to the fact that their weapons of choice overlap with the younger brother of each.

I think Garon's a shoe-in. He's an axe user to help balance out the roster and there's a lot of potential hype surrounding HOW he's going to appear in the game. Whether they'll go for his insanely hammy villain side from his corpse-time or if they'll try and make him any kind of sympathetic by giving him his pre-corpse side is an interesting question that I probably already know the answer to unless they decide to do even more outrealm shenanigans. Either way the hype of a Garon-Xander support is too good to pass up for me.

I do question the Tharja placement though. Cordelia's got a good shot due to the lack of extremely relevant peg Knights, of which Caeda, Hinoka and Aversa are right at the top of that list, but Tharja's got nothing to separate herself from the grain of dark mages. I'd say if they plan on having a dark mage in the game, the more likely character would be Odin due to his connections to both Awakening and Fates + popularity. Though by that same metric, Cordelia is more likely due to Selena potentially showing up as well.

Gordin's definitely not a pick I see getting in. Jeorge is a hell of a lot more likely due to his ties to Parthia and the plot of FE3, but I guess Gordin's a better pick than Virion at least.

Secretly hoping they implement a magically oriented character of each weapon type, in that case Gangrel's got a better shot.

Edited by DaloDask

2 minutes ago, Hardin said:

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Niles. His roguish nature endears him to quite a few fans, and he would be a nice contrast to the Nohr royals. 

Endears him to some, to me, he just sounds like he might try to...do things to me at any moment. 

5 minutes ago, Hardin said:

I'll be the first to admit I severely dislike Niles, but I'll try to be more fair in the future, although I don't see him getting in over a few other bow users.

I think this isn't exactly a popularity contest and we cannot make for sure who will be in and who not, as this is mere speculation. For instance, Cordelia being a peg knight puts her in a difficult position when it is highly likely that Caeda will be in the game and there's also the chance Hinoka hits in; regarding Caeda I assume they'll give her her Wing Spear because swords would be really awkward although one never knows. Heck, they might even consider Palla, Catria and Est joining and performing their ultimate TRIANGLE ATTACK.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

So, one can expect more Archanea/Ylisse characters and see a couple or two of Fates characters? Character prediction is really hard when you have a shitton of cool characters and most of them are unique or play an important part/role in their games, damn!

Caeda or the White Wings are the main candidates for flying swords  IS seems to focus wyverns on axes, and pegasi from Awakening/Fates use lances, so if KT wanted flying swords (and to stick to what someone could use in their own game), SD pegasi are the best bet, since they got swords on promotion to Falcoknight.

So that's something that SD pegasi units have for uniqueness over Fates/Awakening.  Caeda had the Wing Spear, but she was also a sword unit in FEH, so who knows?

1 hour ago, jchall said:

i hope they add Merric and Astram with the Mercurius in the game

I'd say Merric is pretty likely. Not only is he slightly more important then the other Shadow Dragon characters, but I also don't think his role as a mage has much competition. If Merric makes it in he'll use wind. Lots and lots of winds. I don't see Tharja or Leo using that element when they appear. The only other character who might use a lot of wind based spells is Ricken and I have a feeling he isn't making it in any time soon.

Focusing exclusively on wind spells would fit with Merric's preference and it helps stand out from other magic users this game has to offer. Being a good friend of Marth is also something that helps his inclusion.

I don't see Astram getting anytime soon. Competition is fierce amongst sword users and I don't think he'll win out.

1 hour ago, jchall said:

i hope they add Merric and Astram with the Mercurius in the game

Merric I can totally see happening. I'm assuming Robin won't be our only Mage, so we'd need more of them, and Merric would be a nice choice from Archanea. Plus he has wind magic to help set him apart, as was already mentioned. He also has Excalibur, so I'd be shocked if that doesn't end up as his weapon of choice. 

Astram I find much less likely though. I do think it'd be cool to see someone with Mercurius though, because if Jeorge and Camus make it in, we could see all three of the archanean regalia, being Gradivus, Parthia and the aforementioned Mercurius.

Edited by Raijinto

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

Jeorge and Gordin are characters even someone like myself would be fairly satisfied with. Though I'm personally rooting more for Gordin.

I think one of those two has a very high chance of getting in. Even if we assume there won't be a lot of archers in this game I think we can at least expect one archer besides Takumi. 
Either of these two have something going for them. Jeorge is connected to a legendary weapon while Gordin has his close relation with Marth and his ability to fill the ''shota'' role if he keeps his Heroes design. 

5 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Caeda or the White Wings are the main candidates for flying swords  IS seems to focus wyverns on axes, and pegasi from Awakening/Fates use lances, so if KT wanted flying swords (and to stick to what someone could use in their own game), SD pegasi are the best bet, since they got swords on promotion to Falcoknight.

Interestingly enough, Pegasus Knights in the original FE1 used both Swords and Lances, and actually, Caeda joined with only an Iron Sword in her inventory!