Jedi's Roster Predictions

Jedi

I really hope for Jeorge. He's one of my favourite archers, with his weapon and design... But that's just a personal wish. I don't expect to see more than Marth, Tiki and maybe Caeda and/or Camus from Archanea. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I forgot Tiki in my list.

I may as well just re-post with my changes:

OCs: Rowan, Lianna

Shadow Dragon: Marth, Caeda, Jeorge, Draug, Tiki, Camus 

Awakening: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Tharja, Gangrel

Fates: Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Leo, Takumi, Camilla, Azura, Kaze, Garon

25 characters. If it's as predicted, it's going to be 11 swords (I'm expecting Caeda to use swords to form a triangle with Cordelia and Camilla), 4 lances (assuming Draug is one), 4 axes, 3 mages, 2 archers, and Kaze. Wonder if it will be the Fates WT-- either way, if it really does effect gameplay that much I'm expecting lances to be the best weapon type as always.

10 hours ago, Jedi said:

not to mention Parthia would be an awesome weapon in a warriors game, shooting arrows that cause literal fire streaks and waves is something that Koei-Tecmo would love. 

Jeorge confirmed Wu?

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Interestingly enough, Pegasus Knights in the original FE1 used both Swords and Lances, and actually, Caeda joined with only an Iron Sword in her inventory!

That's what I'm expecting them to go with.

4 hours ago, Sasori said:

I'd say Merric is pretty likely. Not only is he slightly more important then the other Shadow Dragon characters, but I also don't think his role as a mage has much competition. If Merric makes it in he'll use wind. Lots and lots of winds. I don't see Tharja or Leo using that element when they appear.

The thing is, Tharja and Leo (especiiiially Leo) are shoe-ins. That gives three mages already (thunder, darkness, and gravity/energy tree things). They could easily make Merric work as you said, but I'm just not sure that they'd go with him.

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

well for my DLC predictions $5 says they suprise us with TMS #FE stuff

That seems unlikely given all the mainline stuff they could pull from, and given how...mixed of a reception it got.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

That seems unlikely given all the mainline stuff they could pull from, and given how...mixed of a reception it got.

do you remember the giant cucco form Hyrule Warriors?

Edited by Captain Karnage

3 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Interestingly enough, Pegasus Knights in the original FE1 used both Swords and Lances, and actually, Caeda joined with only an Iron Sword in her inventory!

Everything that could use Lances could also use Swords in FE1, Lances were basically an accessory to Swords. With the draw being Silver Lances are more economical than Silver Swords, plus Knight Killers, Javelins being more available than Levin Swords, and Gradivus.

6 hours ago, jchall said:

yeah too many good sword users hopefully we get a swordmaster/myrmidon other than Ryoma

Well Say'ri is Say'who? So it'll be either the originator of an archetype in Navarre/Nabarl, or its latest incarnation- Lon'qu. Hopefully it'll be the former. Then again, it could be Owain.

Unfortunately his rival of sorts in Ogma has a fair chance of not appearing because Laslena being Mercenaries too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I've seen Merrics name being thrown around as a potential candidate but what about Gotoh instead?

Gotoh has plot relevance as an advantage over Merric and fills a design niche that most likely wont be covered otherwise (Old wise sage)

5 minutes ago, WyvernLord said:

I've seen Merrics name being thrown around as a potential candidate but what about Gotoh instead?

Gotoh has plot relevance as an advantage over Merric and fills a design niche that most likely wont be covered otherwise (Old wise sage)

Yeah, but he's even less known than Merric.

While it may be a little too out there, I am thinking somewhere around 35. Let me explain why. First, it gives 10 for each game they are focusing on. I think 10 is plenty to get a well rounded cast from each game, except for maybe Fates where the royals will take the majority of the slots, unfortunately. That leaves the other 5 for the OCs, and maybe a few slots for characters like Roy and Ike who are fan favorites and in Smash.

Maybe a little too hopeful, but this sounds like a good number to start with without adding in DLC.

11 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

While it may be a little too out there, I am thinking somewhere around 35. Let me explain why. First, it gives 10 for each game they are focusing on. I think 10 is plenty to get a well rounded cast from each game, except for maybe Fates where the royals will take the majority of the slots, unfortunately. That leaves the other 5 for the OCs, and maybe a few slots for characters like Roy and Ike who are fan favorites and in Smash.

Maybe a little too hopeful, but this sounds like a good number to start with without adding in DLC.

Devs already said the game will not have equal number of characters per FE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Escalario

I, too, like Jeorge and Wolf; in fact, Wolf was my star horseman in SD

Seems a solid enough list if we're being minimalist.  Though I'd definitely prefer if they do some unexpected things, or for there to be more obviously.

I still think they have no reason to keep the Hoshidan:Nohrian royal ratio uneven, but if we're getting any Hoshidan sister, it'd probably more likely be Sakura.  But that's just what I personally think.

3 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Same goes for FE1 armor knights, which is why Draug used a sword in Heroes.  It'd be cool if he could use swords in FE Warriors as well, if he makes the cut.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

I'm thinking 30-35 is a good number too. Like Escalario said, it's confirmed the games will not get equal reps, so I think Fates and Awakening will get around 10, SD will get around 7, and there'll be 3-5 original characters. I don't think DLC will take the roster past 40, but if they want to add all the Amiibo characters, they kinda have no choice.

Welp, with the Japan Expo info seems like some predictions are thrown for a loop.

Robin has wind and fire magic as well as thunder and also packs a Levin Sword. Thinking any Merric hope has been done in by that (along with my theory on Gangrel, which inged on Robin being tome-locked).

EDIT: So, by nature of my including Camus and Walhart being redundant... hello, Darth Validar.

Edited by The DanMan

Plot twist, what if Fates is the one to get the least reps? Oho.

Unfortunately, I agree with this list, but I really, really hope that we get more.

I'd like to see Merric, Jeorge and Hardin, but I'm still clinging onto Xane's very, very slim chances.

Just give me a HD animated moment of that one time where Xane disguised himself as Tiki to fool Marth.

2 hours ago, Escalario said:

Devs already said the game will not have equal number of characters per FE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably SD then. Shadow Dragon may have a lower amount, especially considering that Marth is larger in Japan than he is here. Still estimating around 30 though.

imagine if they added Jake or Beck from SD, you just blow up the enemy from afar with a ballista i know there is no chance but still characters like them and Xane would definately make combat interesting

5 minutes ago, jchall said:

imagine if they added Jake or Beck from SD, you just blow up the enemy from afar with a ballista i know there is no chance but still characters like them and Xane would definately make combat interesting

I could see ballista working actually. Probably not in the form of the Ballistician class though. If they are in the game, I feel like they'd be more like the GBA games where they're just laying around at random parts of certain maps, and any character that can use bows would be able to access them and nuke some faraway enemies for a few shots.

Just now, Raijinto said:

I could see ballista working actually. Probably not in the form of the Ballistician class though. If they are in the game, I feel like they'd be more like the GBA games where they're just laying around at random parts of certain maps, and any character that can use bows would be able to access them and nuke some faraway enemies for a few shots.

What supports this is that Dynasty Warriors and such do have Siege Weaponry you can man and use.

1 minute ago, Raijinto said:

yeah probably but it would be decent to move around blowing everyone up, if they are like the GBA games they would only usable very few times and, like you said, just in one spot

12 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Prediction: with Lucina's inclusion, we have seen every playable sword user barring DLC.

Wouldn't that mean that Archanea doesn't have sword users aside from Marth. That would make characters as Ogma and Navarre very hard implement. It would also mean that magic aside the Archeans would all be lance and axe users. This would be hard considering that the only prominent axe unit they have is Minerva.  

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Wouldn't that mean that Archanea doesn't have sword users aside from Marth. That would make characters as Ogma and Navarre very hard implement. It would also mean that magic aside the Archeans would all be lance and axe users. This would be hard considering that the only prominent axe unit they have is Minerva.  

It's a tricky call, especially with the recent potential news (not fully translated yet) that each class/character only gets one weapon. They'd probably pick Ogma in that case because he'd be a "mercenary/hero" and not a Swordmaster like Ryoma. If they want to have their class names stand out that is, but I think Navarre still has a shot.

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think Ogma has any chance tbh but I do also feel Navarre has a (albeit small) chance.

Just now, Jedi said:

It's a tricky call, especially with the recent potential news (not fully translated yet) that each class/character only gets one weapon. They'd probably pick Ogma in that case because he'd be a "mercenary/hero" and not a Swordmaster like Ryoma. If they want to have their class names stand out that is, but I think Navarre still has a shot.

Building off my last point, I don't think Ogma has a snowball's chance because Navarre can dual wield. That's rad. He's also pretty popular, while Ogma is kind of a nobody and would be just another swordsman. If we're getting any more swordsmen past the 8 we already have, they better be well worth it. And imho, Ogma isn't.

Just now, Pokechu said:

Building off my last point, I don't think Ogma has a snowball's chance because Navarre can dual wield. That's rad. He's also pretty popular, while Ogma is kind of a nobody and would be just another swordsman. If we're getting any more swordsmen past the 8 we already have, they better be well worth it. And imho, Ogma isn't.

Ryoma already dual wields in his moveset however, I don't think they would like Navarre to copy that, meanwhile Ogma could be a slow power hitting swordsman that causes waves and earth shattering destruction.

When I see Navarre and think Warriors, I think he'd be quick and nimble like Mitsuhide in Samurai Warriors but probably with more fancy Dragon Ball Z styled flash steps.

Just now, Jedi said:

Ryoma already dual wields in his moveset however, I don't think they would like Navarre to copy that, meanwhile Ogma could be a slow power hitting swordsman that causes waves and earth shattering destruction.

When I see Navarre and think Warriors, I think he'd be quick and nimble like Mitsuhide in Samurai Warriors but probably with more fancy Dragon Ball Z styled flash steps.

Ryoma dual wields??? Wow! I never knew! But judging from this video, https://youtu.be/O8KQp71d5OU?t=578 it doesn't seem like Ryoma dual wields. He's only shown for a bit though so it could be just in some moves? Could you show me where you found out he dual wields? Because Raijinto is only one sword, I know you know that (:lol:) but it'd be a bit strange in my opinion, like would he dual wield Raijinto + some random sword or does Raijinto split into two?

Since I just found out Ryoma dual wields I feel Navarre isn't very likely now. Hm. A slow powerhouse would definitely fit Ogma, though, you are right. I just think that since SD already may be shafted on reps, they'd try to squeeze out Tiki, Caeda, Hardin, Camus, and Linde/Merric and maybe save the rest of the swordies (if there are any) for Awakening, maybe Fates/both.