Who of the DB members do you bring to the endgame?

Which DB units bring you usually to the endgame?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which DB unit(s) have you brought to the endgame yet?

• Edward
    • Leonardo
    • Nolan
    • Laura
    • Aran
    • Meg
    • Fiona
    • none
  2. 2. How often do you bring at least one non forced DB unit to the endgame?

• always
    • often
    • sometimes
    • rarely
    • never

Edward, Nolan and Aran are DB members that I usually bring into the tower. Edward I like because for a myrmidon he has high levels of strength allowing him to do more damage than your typical myrmidon, while at the same time still having the high amounts of speed and skill attributed to that class. He also can easily wield the Blade swords and even alondite without speed penalties and as I tend to really like those swords that make Edward a high candidate for me.

Aran is the man, he has very high levels of str and def making him an incredible tank and able to do a lot of damage on all enemies. I prefer him to Nephenee but that's only because Aran has high amounts of str and def because of this he can wield the Wishblade lance with no repercussions at all.

Nolan has a beard which automatically grants him a unit slot. Ok, he tends to have more skill, speed and res compared to Boyd, but I really like my axe units so I always bring as many as I can.

Fiona I have never used much I should try leveling her as that would give me another mounted unit however I always find her hard to level, the first map available to you after getting her and she will get killed automatically by almost anybody.

Literally only the ones that I'm required to bring. Even then I don't want half of them because Sothe being there means he needs the SS dagger and Volke is just better. I'm fine with Micaiah as she fills that token Rexaura user slot. I tried to use Leo and Nolan before but I just wound up going back to Shinon and Boyd in the next playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...

All of them other than leonardo at some point. Nolan I kind of feel is a must (latent Nihil, better rez and speed than boyd, seems like a no brainer he was designed for the end game). Edward is pretty easy to level up and always turns out to be the best trueblade in my book. But sometimes if I'm training somebody else from the dawn brigade i'll sideline him for one of the easier trueblades. Laura and Aran are my two favorites from the DB but probably the worst for the end game. They still both do fine but they're outclassed. Meg is alright as well but again probably not worth training. Fiona is definitely not worth training but I love to do it anyways, she's possibly the best user of the wishblade in the game when all is said and done. 

Not gonna add volug to all this? I've only used him once and wasn't too impressed (like with all the laguz) but he theoretically could turn out pretty decent with some luck. 

Edited by leingodf8

• 2 weeks later...

Nolan: Along with Jill, he's arguably the best axe-user for Endgame, with good speed and his earth affinity. (Haar and Titania need less investment, but the payoff isn't as strong.) He's a reasonably frequent endgame member for me, and I'd argue the best DB unit to take there.

Volug: Kinda surprised more people aren't mentioning him. Laguz Gems mean gauge only matters turn 1 in Endgame, and with his high speed/luck and earth supports he's close to invincible. Granted, being 1-range locked and losing that first turn does hurt.

Aran: I've never broght him to Endgame, for all that I respect him as a unit well enough. With his low speed cap he doesn't really offer much, and there's too much magic for me to value someone purely for Def in Endgame.

Edward: I guess he's fine here but I've never brought him, Mia and Zihark can put in similar-to-superior performances for less effort.

Leonardo: Have used, but not recommended. Unless you get blessed far more than mine did his str/spd are just paltry compared to other Marksmen, so he's pretty mediocre.

Meg: Have used. Actually reasonably solid in Endgame as a mixed tank, since both her Def and Res are very high, so she can duel dragons of any colour with Alondite (white in particular due to their lower def). Still, Marshals aren't wonderful in Endgame and getting her there isn't the easiest.

Fiona: Have used. Realistically if you're going to bother with Fiona, you might as well go the whole way. Reasonably solid in Endgame with tankiness (earth affinity again) and good speed, although Str is a bit of a downer, as is the lack of Wyrmslayer compared to Seraph Knights, of which she reminds me.

Laura: Have used. Is a staffbot, and not an impressive one due to the extra effort involved. Generally outclassed by Micaiah but Micaiah's forced anyway, and if you're planning to go for a combat-heavy Micaiah others need to pick up the healing duties more, so sure.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf

I usually only bring Nolan. He's a really solid axe unit and the rest tend to get outclassed. Granted there was one playthrough I did where Nolan got speed screwed really badly. So I took Edward and Leonardo instead who were both doing really well that playthrough.

I've definitely brought Leonardo to endgame at least three times, and Meg at least twice. I don't remember for sure how many times I've brought Laura, but I try and shuffle up which healer I bring, so I've probably brought her at least twice as well. Everyone else except Fiona has come at least once, but I'm currently doing a playthrough where I'm babying her hardcore with the intention of finally bringing her along.