New demo with new characters

FuranSuwa

Hello ! I have some news I don't think I saw anywhere, so I post it here :) (I apologize if there is already a topic about this that is didn't see)

There is currently a Japanese convention in France, and there is a new demo available there for Fire Emblem Warriors ! It's not the same demo than the one at E3, and you can play with the new characters ! I played it, so here is what I found new

The story : The twins live peacefully in their kingdom until a dragon attacks, forcing them to leave the kingdom. To take it back, they will ask help from heroes of other worlds.

New characters : The playable characters were Robin, Lissa, Corrin and Lucina.

Robin fight with a tome, he makes lightning spheres as a normal attack, and change his spells for strong attack. It's more like he summons one attack that hurt for a long time than many fast hits. From what I saw he could create a fire, falling thunder laser, wind blades, a magic circle that makes him levitate, a giant purple sphere and  a lightning vortex. For all of his special attacks he uses the Levin Sword. We was really enjoyable to play.

Lucina is a pretty typical sword fighter, same moves as in Awakening, except for one attack she used a bow of light to attack high ennemies.

Lissa is surprisingly fast too ! She swings her axe like a twirling baton, and sometimes turns with  it, grapping the ennemy. She sometimes end her attacks with thunder magic with her staff. For the healing, it shows you the effect zone before you do it, and it's pretty annoying to heal someone who keeps running everywhere. Surprisingly good gameplay

I saw Frederick as a boss, but I was focused on the character I played with and didn't see much of his moves, but it was what you'd expect from a cavalier with an axe. Alo the horse's hooves's textue was really ugly (very pixelized)

Some more : the healing items are cups of tea. You get them by breaking pots.

I didn't hear a lot about the voices because of the noise, but the game was English dubbed with Japanese dub for the intros. The demo supervisor told me that for the final game we could choose if we want full english or japanese dub (so possibility of dual audio ?)

I think that's it, i will edit if i remember other things. Also I apologize for the spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. If you want to dig deeper (for videos, etc...) I'd advize you to check it on French channels (also the demo's text was in French)

Spoiler

20170707_135927[1].jpg20170707_140128[1].jpg

Thank you ^v^

Edited by FuranSuwa

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info.

Hmm... so Robin is more of an "archsage", though him using the Levin Sword for his musous instead of screen-clearing spells is disappointing.

...Frederick is a boss and actually not playable? What in the actual fuck. That makes no sense. Even for a demo. Seriously, they reveal a character but not let anyone try said character out even though everyone else that was revealed can be used... That's just unfair.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, FuranSuwa said:

Robin fight with a tome, he makes lightning spheres as a normal attack, and change his spells for strong attack. It's more like he summons one attack that hurt for a long time than many fast hits. From what I saw he could create a fire, falling thunder laser, wind blades, a magic circle that makes him levitate, a giant purple sphere and  a lightning vortex. For all of his special attacks he uses the Levin Sword. We was really enjoyable to play.

Huh... So Robin is multi-elemental (a fire = Fire, normal attack string, falling thunder laser, lightning vortex, and Levin Sword specials = Lightning, wind blades, = Wind, giant purple sphere = Darkness) with a focus on Lightning. Interesting. Sounds like his main element for gameplay purposes will be Lightning, and much like multi-weapon characters like Ravio, his tome will be his main, upgradeable (equippable) weapon while other weapons are simply there as part of his moveset. Interesting.

Lissa is surprisingly fast too ! She swings her axe like a twirling baton, and sometimes turns with  it, grapping the ennemy. She sometimes end her attacks with thunder magic with her staff. For the healing, it shows you the effect zone before you do it, and it's pretty annoying to heal someone who keeps running everywhere. Surprisingly good gameplay

That sounds very interesting. And like Robin, her staff will likely be non-upgradeable (except for her item staves).

Lucina is a pretty typical sword fighter, same moves as in Awakening, except for one attack she used a bow of light to attack high ennemies

So I suppose that gives us our fourth light-elemental character, like Marth, but her fighting style sounds more like her own version of Chrom's style, rather than Marth's style.

I saw Frederick as a boss, but I was focused on the character I played with and didn't see much of his moves, but it was what you'd expect from a cavalier with an axe. Alo the horse's hooves's textue was really ugly (very pixelized

Bit of a shame he wasn't playable in the demo, but eh. I guess it works out.

I didn't hear a lot about the voices because of the noise, but the game was English dubbed with Japanese dub for the intros. The demo supervisor told me that for the final game we could choose if we want full english or japanese dub (so possibility of dual audio ?

Hey, that's neat! A choice of sub and dub in the game is always good when we have the chance.

I'm starting to think with that information that the characters movesets are actually all unique to them while weapons will only determine stuff like properties and how much damage you do. If that's so, they may have all the characters equip and use only one weapon type (to determine stats and properties and so on).

Edited by Folt

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Frederick is a boss and actually not playable? What in the actual fuck. That makes no sense. Even for a demo. Seriously, they reveal a character but not let anyone try said character out even though everyone else that was revealed can be used... That's just unfair.

Considering there were issues with the hooves not being textured right, there might of been a more technical reason behind it. Could be literally anything from glitches regarding his character with a demo to him just not being fully completed yet. A lot of times with these things they wont try and fix bugs since its just a demo, they just make sure it is working and push it out there for people to try out.

Glad to see Robin is mostly a magic user. His moveset sounds interesting, cant wait to see some of the full mage characters movesets. Also looking forward to any flying units, hopefully we get a reveal on that sometime soon.

I also wish they would at least show how the game will look on the New 3DS. We got one look back during the FE Direct and that was it, a bit of a gameplay look at it would be nice.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hold your horses (pun intended). Could be as @Tolvir said and he's not technically done yet, or it could be due to them wanting to replace unrevealed characters with confirmed ones (as was the explicit case with the E3 build).

14 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Considering there were issues with the hooves not being textured right, there might of been a more technical reason behind it. Could be literally anything from glitches regarding his character with a demo to him just not being fully completed yet. A lot of times with these things they wont try and fix bugs since its just a demo, they just make sure it is working and push it out there for people to try out.

Glad to see Robin is mostly a magic user. His moveset sounds interesting, cant wait to see some of the full mage characters movesets. Also looking forward to any flying units, hopefully we get a reveal on that sometime soon.

Xander's horse is apparently fine though, and I just figured Frederick's horse would use the same model, just maybe a slightly different color and with different armor. But I guess there's more to it than that.

I'm glad Robin's mostly magic too. We don't really need anymore swords yet. xP

6 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Hold your horses (pun intended). Could be as @Tolvir said and he's not technically done yet, or it could be due to them wanting to replace unrevealed characters with confirmed ones (as was the explicit case with the E3 build).

I hope that's all it is. I mean, not that I thought Frederick wasn't going to be playable at all, I was just baffled as to why he's the only newly revealed character not usable in this demo. I would've loved to try him out if we got a similar downloadable demo...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Xander's horse is apparently fine though, and I just figured Frederick's horse would use the same model, just maybe a slightly different color and with different armor. But I guess there's more to it than that.

I'm glad Robin's mostly magic too. We don't really need anymore swords yet. xP

I hope that's all it is. I mean, not that I thought Frederick wasn't going to be playable at all, I was just baffled as to why he's the only newly revealed character not usable in this demo. I would've loved to try him out if we got a similar downloadable demo...

Definitely more to it than that. Especially if they have an entirely different moveset, which is likely. It would need entirely its own model and skeleton. On top of that, its probably a part of Frederick's character model, so it is its entire own entity from Xander's horse.

That is probably all it is though, programming issues and possibly an unfinished character.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Definitely more to it than that. Especially if they have an entirely different moveset, which is likely. It would need entirely its own model and skeleton. On top of that, its probably a part of Frederick's character model, so it is its entire own entity from Xander's horse.

That is probably all it is though, programming issues and possibly an unfinished character.

Yeah, I get that now. I didn't think about the horses actually being part of the character models instead of separate ones where the devs can just stick different characters on the same one if they wanted. Good point.

I hope we do get a demo where we can try him though! I'd try Ryoma too, of course, but Freddy's my main here. <3

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

There was also a few camera glitches, when the camera was too close to the player (between a wall,etc...) the character disappeared. It also happened a few times when the characters jumped.

And for the texture some places on the environment where very pixelised too

Edited by FuranSuwa

Just now, FuranSuwa said:

there was also a few camera glitches, when the camera was too close to the player (between a wall,etc...) the character disappeared. It also happened a few times when the characters jumped.

And for the texture some places on the environment where very pixelised too

Eh, sounds like standard fair for Warriors games if I'm being honest. Though the fact that it's a few months out hopefully means that they're putting in more polish and fixing those issues.

1 hour ago, FuranSuwa said:

Some more : the healing items are cups of tea. You get them by breaking pots.

What!?! Keep Terribelle out of here! Real FE fans drink Vulneraries by the dozens! If we wanted fancy garbage, we'd pound down a few Elixirs.

As I take a few Concoction shots to let off some steam and continue to expound the merits of the poor and common man's healing beverage of choice, let me just clarify, I don't actually hate Maribelle. Her name just lends itself to the wordplay. 

I knew Robin was going to be my favorite character. Looks like I know who I'm gonna main. Well, that is if Leo doesn't get in the game for whatever reason.

Lissa sounds like her moveset is similar to Xu Huang from DW, in which the blade of his axe essentially swipes up enemies and swings them around between the blade and the pole. It's difficult to describe. Pretty funny watching it too, to be honest. 

Edited by saisymbolic

lol, cups of tea as the healing items. Imagine someone like Ike in this game now. XD He doesn't seem like the type who'd drink tea at all! lol

So I have my favorite lightning user, he's primarily showing off his magic skills again, and he can use dark magic like in Smash Bros. again for this game! I'm in heaven!

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I get that now. I didn't think about the horses actually being part of the character models instead of separate ones where the devs can just stick different characters on the same one if they wanted. Good point.

I hope we do get a demo where we can try him though! I'd try Ryoma too, of course, but Freddy's my main here. <3

Same, really hoping we get an actual demo release maybe a month before release. Maybe it will help get a few other FE fans on board if they get the chance to try it for free rather than having to pay to get  an idea.

That and it would allow those of us buying it on the 3DS to be able to see how it will actually run on it. My biggest gripe so far is that there has been absolutely nothing on its release for the 3DS. I would like to be able to see the graphics, whether the game runs smooth or not, how much of a downgrade it will be if at all, etc.

Edited by Tolvir

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Same, really hoping we get an actual demo release maybe a month before release. Maybe it will help get a few other FE fans on board if they get the chance to try it for free rather than having to pay to get  an idea.

That and it would allow those of us buying it on the 3DS to be able to see how it will actually run on it. My biggest gripe so far is that there has been absolutely nothing on its release for the 3DS. I would like to be able to see the graphics, whether the game runs smooth or not, how much of a downgrade it will be if at all, etc.

Yeah, all fair points. I won't be getting the 3DS version since I have a Switch, but yeah. That'd definitely help people who have a New 3DS but couldn't get their hands on a Switch due to the stock issues with it.

Frederick would probably be my best character too. My playstyle is more defensive than anything. I like tanking hits and just dishing them right back. Which is what Freddy does best! Plus, he'll probably be a slower character knowing him, and I don't do well with fast ones. I have trouble keeping up with them.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, all fair points. I won't be getting the 3DS version since I have a Switch, but yeah. That'd definitely help people who have a New 3DS but couldn't get their hands on a Switch due to the stock issues with it.

Which is exactly my issue, lol. That and there havent been a ton of releases that catch my attention. Didnt want to buy a system just for Zelda, FE Warriors, and a FE game next year. After E3 its looking a bit better though.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Which is exactly my issue, lol. That and there havent been a ton of releases that catch my attention. Didnt want to buy a system just for Zelda, FE Warriors, and a FE game next year. After E3 its looking a bit better though.

I only have Zelda and Mario Kart for the system myself so far (I'd like Arms, but I never got a chance to try it, and I don't want to pay for it yet... I don't know if I'll actually like it enough). But I wanted it for Zelda and because I predicted the stock issues. I saved up my last paychecks just for it too, before I moved and lost my job.

Did you see anyone play as Corrin?

Overall, this is VERY interesting.  Lucina's bow may be a reference to her Archer reclass (PxZ did something similar).  Can't wait to hear more news~!

Is it bad I find the possibility of dual audio more exciting than the rest of the news?

Definitely good, glad they're drawing from many sources for characters. Lucina's got a bow and Chrom throws a lance for his special, so I guess we've got them all now.

Thunder magic on Lissa's staff gives me the sneaking suspicion that she'll be getting the Bolt Axe. Which I hope she does. Also gives me hope for Bolt Naginata Hinoka.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Did you see anyone play as Corrin?

Overall, this is VERY interesting.  Lucina's bow may be a reference to her Archer reclass (PxZ did something similar).  Can't wait to hear more news~!

Don't forget STEAM.

Everybody's paying attention to Lissa, and meanwhile I'm over here by myself waiting for Freddy gameplay and stuff... :P Such is the life of one who loves him, I guess!

I just hope he doesn't outright suck. I was kind of disappointed how Ghirahim played in HW. I like playing as him, but he didn't seem that good. He felt like he had weak attack power and wouldn't take a lot of hits, and yet wasn't real fast either. Same with Fi.

For Freddy to be good, he needs his usual superb strength and defense to totally make up for a lack of speed and res. If he can just easily be throttled by a magic attack, that just won't cut it. He's meant to have low res and not be fast, but it shouldn't be so bad that his strengths can't balance that out.