• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 1:05 AM, Samias said:

For people with an artistic side...

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/af31beaf9199192081f4df96ad09adb01b00238c

Contest for ranged and melee DPS armor.

Speaking of, my FC mates seem super excited about the gear coming with the next dungeon and the next Ivalice tier. 

Yeah, seeing FFTA2 Vaan's outfit in game is really cool. The colours really pop and it's nice to see some FF protagonist replica gear that isn't locked to events or subscription time added in. The new dungeon looks neat too. Whenever they announce the winners of the current contest I'll post my entries. I tried really hard on them in a very limited time frame since I was on vacation for most of it so I kinda doubt they'll win but oh well.

This patch has a lot of fluff to begin with considering how much is coming in 4.3x patches but there's a lot of quality of life changes I'm looking forward to in general.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how long it will be before we hear about 5.0.

The new 4.x updates sure seem to be pointing towards us going to Garlemald. 

Yeah I expect the game to ferry us to Garlemald at long last. We'll get the confirmation on where we're going at Fan fest for sure. I'm planning on getting tickets but haven't 100% worked out who I'll be going with yet, though.

I'm PUMPED for the Monster Hunter crossover which is apparently going to be a long term crossover event!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 1:34 AM, Samias said:

Yeah I expect the game to ferry us to Garlemald at long last. We'll get the confirmation on where we're going at Fan fest for sure. I'm planning on getting tickets but haven't 100% worked out who I'll be going with yet, though.

I'm PUMPED for the Monster Hunter crossover which is apparently going to be a long term crossover event!

Have they said anything on this yet? I wonder how substantial the event will be. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, they're actually releasing a companion app.

Maybe I'll actually get to play sometime in the next month before I quit my job and suddenly have a ton of free time.

Yeah, I've been off work for a bit so I joined a static in the hopes that I finish the raid tier before next patch (and me going back to work) in September.

Spoiler

ffxiv_07272018_201304.pngunknown.png

After a number of roster changes, we've managed to clear Guardian after about 3 weeks of prog. Our new smn who joined us this week is particularly a huge help, since we started with a blm who wasn't super comfortable with their rotation.

Edited by Samias

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so bad at Rathalos EX... I'm usually relegated as healer and I get hit once and I'm pretty much dead. Boy does he hurt if you aren't on top of things. Not helping is all my friends eating a loooot of damage in phase one. Big oofs. There's a team of four dragoons who managed to down the thing so maybe one of these days we will get good... maybe.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/50d73607cbd2e026586c2ddd7bd6a163d1e3120e

Also hey one of my designs made the shortlist for this. Cool.

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_pe7dkjZeu31s8o79no1_1280.png

tumblr_pe7dkjZeu31s8o79no2_1280.png

My big goal for the raid tier, complete. I've been working with mostly the same roster of people over the course of a month to get the clear. This is the first time I've finished a whole raid wing while the gear was still relevant. Ever since the 4.2 trailer dropped, I wanted to do this so badly and I'm glad I scrounged up the time and the bravery to join up with a random crew.

The wife and I play on Midgardsormr.

You can find me there - Jhedin Lanthor - although we haven't been super active lately with an infant running our lives!  The current 4.3 content is in a lull anyway, especially since they doubled-down on making Eureka horrible, so we'll likely be back more frequently in 4.4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Late reply here. Yeah, things are definitely tougher. I've so far managed to clear Suzaku EX, and Omega 9 and 10 and progging 11 now, but I don't think our 10 clear was that consistent. I also did some of the new Shifting Canals of Uznair which is a LOT of fun! Crazy RNG fun times were had.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I play on Midgardsormr and I'm *still* in Heavensward due to quite a lot of on and off with this game. Started back in 2015.

Planning on transferring to Faerie so I can be with an FC I Iove with my alt. Trying to catch up with current content because it looks super fun!

IGM: Kugkihe Qonokihe

(Yes...it's a name generated name because younger me couldn't come up with a good lala name)

10 minutes ago, Rani said:

Hello. I play on Midgardsormr and I'm *still* in Heavensward due to quite a lot of on and off with this game. Started back in 2015.

Planning on transferring to Faerie so I can be with an FC I Iove with my alt. Trying to catch up with current content because it looks super fun!

IGM: Kugkihe Qonokihe

(Yes...it's a name generated name because younger me couldn't come up with a good lala name)

Take your time with HW. That stuff is good. Stormblood is also good, and obviously being up to date on content is a big part of an MMO, but there's plenty to enjoy with HW.

Also my alt is on Faerie. Haven't used it since SB came out, though. I've been staying on my main on Diabolos.

25 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Take your time with HW. That stuff is good. Stormblood is also good, and obviously being up to date on content is a big part of an MMO, but there's plenty to enjoy with HW.

Also my alt is on Faerie. Haven't used it since SB came out, though. I've been staying on my main on Diabolos.

Will do :). About to boot XIV right now actually. I really really am enjoying the story so I'll take it at a good pace.

Ah, once I transfer over maybe we could add each other? I haven't used my alt much either, I just don't feel like grinding everything up to 60 when I already have my hands full with Kug.

2 minutes ago, Rani said:

Will do :). About to boot XIV right now actually. I really really am enjoying the story so I'll take it at a good pace.

Ah, once I transfer over maybe we could add each other? I haven't used my alt much either, I just don't feel like grinding everything up to 60 when I already have my hands full with Kug.

Sure. There's maintenance in like two and a half hours, so I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Shadowbringers. 

I was never particularly interested in Blue Mage, so I don't care about what's going on with that. I am VERY interested in the Gunblade class that appears to be coming. 

This trailer has made me feel distinctly Nohrian, so I Fantasia'd my big, burly Roegaedyn Warrior into Camilla.

21 hours ago, SerCaladran said:

Shadowbringers. 

I was never particularly interested in Blue Mage, so I don't care about what's going on with that. I am VERY interested in the Gunblade class that appears to be coming. 

This trailer has made me feel distinctly Nohrian, so I Fantasia'd my big, burly Roegaedyn Warrior into Camilla.

I never realized that as the WoL is fighting that angel, it goes through the focus classes since ARR(Warrior for 2.0, Dragoon for 3.0 and Samurai/Monk for 4.0).

• 1 month later...

I play XIV too! I'm on Faerie and I play as Rinoa Windrunner, a level 70 SMN. It's the only class I've got leveled! I just got the last of the SB Beast tribes leveled, just have Ixali and Moogle left, only issue is I don't have many crafting professions leveled as I don't like spending gil to level them. >< I am not good at making gil so I'm trying to avoid it at all costs but I know I need to get those last two leveled before Shadow comes out.

I've been thinking of making my FE Awakening/FATEs character into a character in XIV and have them come from their world to Eorzea for an RP idea or fanfiction.

Edited by Windrunner

• 2 weeks later...

New info from the Europe fanfest.

• Gunbreaker Job. Tank based on the FF8 gunblades. A second new job will be revealed at fanfest Japan at the end of March.
  • Viera finally confirmed playable.
  • The alliance raid for 5.0 will be based on the YoRHa and Nier, Yoko Taro guest directing like Matsuno did for the Ivalice raid.