Japanese voices will be available and footage from Japan Expo

Miatt

So, like some people knows, there is a demo in France at Japan Expo.

So I've asked the staff about the voices and yes, they have conformed you can chose between the two dubs !

I've also filmed some gameplay, sorry for the quality (I'm limited to 5 minutes so I had to cut some parts).

(the source in french, but as I'm the redactor :x )

Edited by Miatt

15 minutes ago, Miatt said:

So, like some people knows, there is a demo in France at Japan Expo.

So I've asked the staff about the voices and yes, they have conformed you can chose between the two dubs !

I've also filmed some gameplay, but it will take a while to upload this(And I'm limited to 5 minutes so I have to cut some parts), so I'll update this post at this moment.

(the source in french, but as I'm the redactor :x )

Will it have Robin gameplay?

2 hours ago, Miatt said:

I have Daraen, Lucina, Corrin and Lissa's gameplay.

I've registered two people while there were playing so I have some material.

Can you please say Robin, not Daraen? Some people don't know that that's Robin's French name.

Also, does the footage show Frederick? I know he's not playable, but he is supposed to be a boss there.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Can you please say Robin, not Daraen? Some people don't know that that's Robin's French name.

Also, does the footage show Frederick? I know he's not playable, but he is supposed to be a boss there.

Sorry x) Didn't paid attention.

There are 3 boss : Marth, Frederick and Chrom the final boss.

1 minute ago, Miatt said:

Sorry x) Didn't paid attention.

There are 3 boss : Marth, Frederick and Chrom the final boss.

Alrighty. Still bummed that nobody could actually play as him in this, but at least Freddy's there at all!

The quality will not be here for the footage btw.

You'll see when it come but they wanted me to get the person who were playing and the title of the game at the top of the TV(who has the same size as the TV).

I suppose this is good news for the whiners who are all like "kyaaah, japanese better den english kyahkyah!"

I'll be sticking with English, I mean, Matt Mercer? David Vincent? Yuri Lowenthal? Heck yes. But it is tempting to try it out for Hikaru Midorikawa's sweet, sweet voice.

Unless somebody is particularly grating, I'm more likely to stick to English so that I can understand what's being said by the characters.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Unless somebody is particularly grating, I'm more likely to stick to English so that I can understand what's being said by the characters.

This, basically. And I tend to not care for Japanese voices because much of the time, they make the females really high pitched and squeaky and it burns my ears.

Also, Kyle Hebert. Nobody would ever be able to do my favorite knight like he does. <3

8 minutes ago, Miatt said:

Here is the video :

Pretty impressive of Freddy to stay on his horse while being knocked around like that.

More seriously, thanks for the footage! Robin seems to have some overkill animations as one would've expected from this game.

21 minutes ago, Miatt said:

Here is the video :

It really sucks they only limited you to 5 minutes of footage, but other than that thank you so much for the upload! It looks great and at least we were able to see some footage of the new characters.

I'm really liking how Lucina looks and plays! Hopefully there will be more footage in the near future, and also I'm hoping this demo becomes available sometime soon (but it probably won't be available to download until September...).

18 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I'm no fan of the dub, but VO in muou games tends to get grating after a while regardless of VO quality.

Hearing the same quotes again and does invariably get repetitive. It's easier for the stuff to get repetitive in a language you understand, but even in a foreign one it can be annoying. Does every generic enemy officer have to utter an entrance quote all the time? I mean it's useful for knowing one is in your vicinity, but when they have a choice of only like four lines, it doesn't take long to despise it. On the player side, Zhang He's "beauty" quips (DW7 version at least) are particularly grating for being very stereotypically gay sounding (I'm only criticizing the choice of exaggerated VA- I'm not homophobic or anything). And in SW, I can't rid my mind of Oichi and Mitsuhide officer-slain quips that end in Japanese that sounds something like "dirty mustard" to my ear.

I might just turn off voice volume sometimes when I play Musous in the future.

But, the terri-bad voices have always been a staple of Warriors franchise! I personally always found them endearing as they have a sort of nostalgic factor to them. I mean, how can one forget "Lord Cow Cow" and his son "Lord Cow Pee?" I know the series has tried to remedy this over the years, but there are some skeletons that cannot be pushed into the closet.

On a serious note, I'm sticking with English VA. Unless Takehito Koyasu is voicing someone. Even then he alone is not enough to beat Matt Mercer and Kyle Hebert.

Also, thanks for uploading this.

1 hour ago, Fireball260 said:

Lucina in action is actually really disappointing. I really hope she is either a skin or gets different promotions because right now she is Just Chrom

What is it with everyone wanting Lucina to always be a skin? But, no, she is not just Chrom, and this is very limited footage to be jumping to conclusions. 

Robin and Lissa seem like they're going to be really fun to use. They'll probably be my mains in this game. Thank you for posting footage of the demo.

As for Dual Audio, I'll probably going to keep changing between the two languages depending on my mood like I did in Awakening. I'm a big fan of Matt Mercer's and Kyle Hebert's voices, but Hikaru Midorikawa, Tomokazu Sugita, and Daisuke Ono are among my list of favorite japanese voice actors, so I'm really thrilled by the news.

On the other hand... wasn't one of the reasons for the lack of Dual Audio in Fates issues with Copyright for one of Azura's voice actresses? Does that mean that she is disconfirmed for the game? Or are they going to have her not sing Lost in Thoughts All Alone if she is included?