How to experience these games?

Ronnie

I was always fond of Ike's design since Brawl and I hear nothing but good things from his games. Yet how can I experience his games without breaking bank? Is the only way through emulation? (or hopeful Switch eShop release)

Without breaking the bank, yeah, the only way right now is through emulation, I'm afraid. Many of us are hopeful that both PoR and RD get an eShop release, but that hasn't happened yet, so...

But Ike is an amazing character and the best in the series, imo. He's unique and different from other lords because he's not a noble or royal and is pretty much against those people rather than being a part of them. And he's really well written. :)

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think anybody would hold it against you if you use an emulator. The Tellius games are very difficult/expensive to get a hold of, and Nintendo's done nothing to offer an alternative. Maybe they will someday, but there's also a possibility that they won't, so holding out for that might just lead to you never playing them.

Edited by Slumber

Unfortunately PoR and RD are very rare and we don't have any E-Shop releases, i hope we get both of these games remastered one day. But as of now, emulation is the your best bet.

Path of Radiance is my favorite game of all time and Ike is my favorite character i can't say the same for Radiant Dawn since i never played, but if you liked the GBA games you will probably like the Tellius games as well.

go hunting yard sales and flea markets to find it cheap

back in the day I got my copy of FE 9 at a kmart bargin bin back in 06 I think

the I sold a lot of my gamecube games back in 07-08, and found my exact copy at a retro game a few years ago and paid an assload of cash for it

6 minutes ago, はたの 秦 こころ said:

You'd also have the chance to play FE9 on maniac mode which makes this game much better gameplaywise.

But not for a first playthrough! T'would be easier than starting Fates, Awakening, or New Mystery on Lunatic, or SD on Merciless by a long shot, but PoR Maniac is nonetheless not for beginners at all- particularly those who can't stand Jagens. Hard on the other hand is quite manageable for a first time player who has played other FEs before.

I couldn't play MM mode since I owned a PAL copy but I know from several LPs it looks quite tough. The difficulty jump of FE9's hard to maniac is much larger than FE10's jump from normal to hard.

Of course I recommened not to play MM.
Just meant that you can enjoy FE9 at best because western FE9 lacks on a challenging difficulty tbh.

Best way to play these games is emulation sadly.

It doesn't help hat emulating the game is not easy either since Dolphin tends to run slowly unless you have a top grade PC. However, despite the issues from emulating, I do recommend playing the games. I'm not their biggest fan (Especially RD, I really hate that game), but they are a fun experience for the most part.

Wii homebrew is an option. You can download the games onto an SD card and play them that way.

If you're not comfortable hacking your wii though, then either buying them or emulating them on your PC is your only option unfortunately.

Saw this thread and, out of curiosity, I went to V Street Games the other day and asked how much I could get in trade-in-value for Radiant Dawn and PoR.  $80. For the TRADE-IN. They're out-of-stock, still getting new demand, and selling them @ $200 a pair. (I'm still not trading in Radiant Dawn or PoR)

Edited by Shoblongoo