Which version of FE6?

Elgray

Hey, all! Recently returned to the forums after a LONG time away. If you like, you can go check out my self-introduction below. I'd love to hear from you!

But either way, I was wondering if you all could answer a question. I've been working on a project for FE6 and I've put a TON of time into editing it (Even going so far as to create a demo version including the first two chapters). But the thing is: I can't make a patch of it. Somehow, I've lost the original rom. A Google search just confronts me with a wall of sketchy websites and .exe files (all of which were promptly deleted). When I finally DID find a legit copy of the rom, it seems to be an updated version of some kind (english patched with the title screen translated). In short: it won't work to create a patch with the version I've been editing.

I'm not asking for ROM's, but I'm wondering: what version of FE6 do people use as the base game nowadays? I'm not sure if there's any point in progressing in development if I can't even share it with anyone...

you may as well use whatever you want and just tell people which base to use; it's hardly a hardship to change between them

Edited by CT075

7 hours ago, CT075 said:

you may as well use whatever you want and just tell people which base to use; it's hardly a hardship to change between them

Granted. I'm probably shifting development over to using the updated version anyway. I'm rebooting the game's plot and dialogue for my hack, so I might as well see how it currently is at its best. (And so I can appreciate everyone's hard work on it.)