Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

Hmm, quite surprised, but I'm still glad my core has yet again beaten Infernal without the need of changing the team comp. Even more surprising is that I only needed three units and one blue, that could have been anyone since its only purpose was to bait out the gronnraven mage. Admittedly, the units that did the fighting are good units, Ryoma and Brave/LoD Takumi, but I still didn't expect it. Basically Takumi kills extra lancer on turn 1 and is danced to safety to the right in the south of the map, Blue unit (my Nowi) joins Ryoma in carefree corner on the top right. Next turn Takumi kills Firesweeper then Berkut in that order (with dance of course, so that both my 4* Olivia or Takumi will only get hit by the Red tome, while Ryoma goes in range of the green unit to kill him on EP, and Nowi goes south to lure the Raven away from Takumi. Next turn, Takumi whoops the Redtome and Ryoma (mine has Fury/Vantage and powered up Draconic Aura) goes in range of the Ravenmage to kill him on EP. Nowi basically just strolled around.

Well, I'm glad it didn't take too much energy away, I still need it for that Tempest Torture.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I wish 35 Spd were "huge". >:X

It is after merges, +Spd, and passive ups for an extra 3-5 Spd. 47 Spd.

G o t t a g o f a s t

1 hour ago, Oboro! said:

I called it! HA HA (or I spoke it to life.... must be the animal sacrifices)

*gloats*

Anywho, did Lunatic, now I'm doing infernal 

Real pain in the butt, this one

Why you sharing PMs

Some way to break the norm though, woo. I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Phew, that was a toughie.

I ended up using Delthea, Bride Cordelia and two dancers for Lunatic/Infernal.

First I placed Delthea and a Hone Spd Dancer (Azura) in the north-east corner, then I had Cordelia and a Hone Atk Dancer (Olivia) idle towards the south. This divided Berkut's group into two equal halves, which were fairly easy to handle via buffs and sniping/dancing.

Beat Infernal, though I had to burn a bit of that Tempest SP to give Summer Tiki G Tomebreaker 2 and Eirika Escape Route 2. Everyone else had the various needed skills already for one reason or another. 

Linde: I switched to Atk+3 b/c I thought Linde might have to take a hit from the Firesweep bow, which she barely does at 33 Hp/17 Def, but in the end I think the standard Fury 3 works, Desperation 3, Breath of Life 3 (clutch), Iceberg, Quickened Pulse.

Olivia: Hone Atk 3, Fortify Res 1 Seal

Eirika: +Def/-Res (neutral works since she’s attacked by one of each). Fury 1 b/c needed the 2 damage, but didn’t want more than 36 Spd to double the Green Axecav. Would mess up Luna timing. Escape Route was very important to this strat. Atk+1 seal also.

Summer Tiki: +Hp/-Res. Close Defense, G Tomebreaker 2, Sol (don’t think it activated?), Hp+3 Seal was needed I think.

Turn 1. Basically Eirika split the units up top by baiting the Red Mage and Green Axe, Summer Tiki on the right site tanked the Berkut, the other Blue Lance, and the Bow, while Linde/Olivia move to the bottom right corner. 

Turn 2: Linde onerounds Blue lance and Berkut, the latter with QP Iceberg. Eirika rewarps next to Tiki, hitting the Firesweep Bow with a double attack + Luna proc. Tiki finishes that Bow unit. Just barely had enough atk with Seals/Fury and such. Tiki needed Close Defense to survive so no Atk booster there. She needs G Tomebreaker and Linde’s BoL 2x to survive this turn. Eirika has no health to tank this turn, and again needed Fury 1 for the extra damage over the durability of Triangle Adept. 

Turn 3. Linde kills Green mage with Olivia’s help (edit: in hindsight, potentially Atk+3 > Fury 3 for this?), everyone moves out of range of the rest. Easy cleanup from there. 

I should really make the f2p/ghb unit horse emblem, which would probably simplify things. >_>

Edited by XeKr

Did a bunch of runs with this, but haven't been able to replicate my first run

First Run:

Screenshot_2017-07-18-19-28-43.thumb.png.97e6566d6620082b2dea4467a091e850.pngScreenshot_2017-07-18-19-29-06.png.320c1c60a221a40b2af7027a08e4731c.png

Several attempts at replicating this and i ended up doing revision to the strats. The end result is this

596e0c3c1a7c0_Screenshot_2017-07-18-20-21-0412.png.6ed23c6b72e927cf3e1b353e439c6810.png

The core strats:

HE1.png.0ad9248ba42de9ba1dba0007517a03ac.png

Move Cherche to kill the first Lance. Dance her into this position and move Cecilia and Xander to that spot. 

HE2.png.7aaa85d2abaa27e5306a786434e58dd1.png  

Activate Etrurian Scum Route. On every version of the strats the kill are entirely done by Cherche and Cecilia where Cecilia used Glacies to nuke the Sigurd Archer. Xander is only here for AI manipulation(since hes tankier than Olivia)

Really after this its essentially Cherche stomp with Etrurian Scum shenanigans. As @SatsumaFSoysoy puts it:

"Cherche is a mistake"

Also Reposition is broken @MrSmokestack @Oboro!

Edited by JSND

It took at least five failed attempts due to me being dumb and trying certain units (Henry, Eliwood, Azura and Gunter for the curious), but I got Hard with Raigh, Cain, Olivia and Arthur (all level 32, but I have no level 30 units right now). Arthur essentially beat Berkut and sat pretty, Cain warped in near the end to kill the last guy and Raigh took out 3 units himself (nearly beating the Green mage with that high res too) with Olivia dancing him. If he'd not taken so much damage from the first round I could have seen him near sweeping the map.

....Lunatic is already concerning if Hector gets as badly hurt by Firesweep guy as I've seen him be. Is Cherche or Michalis a good call? I have a Brave Axe on her, and Michalis is 5* and I could see what useful skills might be passed.

Edited by Dayni
Forgot how much stamina I spent

Did Infernal with Cherche, Hinoka, Olivia, Lissa. Had to change Cherche to a tank build and probably would've used someone like Michalis or Narcian if I had them at 5*.

Wings o' Mercy 4 eva

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Here is a no-SI 4⋆-only Lunatic clear by nstyler, using Ursula, Stahl, Legion, and Olivia:

Hot Obstruct action, right here!

I tried this but my Stahl doesn't have enough Res to keep Obstruct up after the mage attack. :(

I'll have to see if there's a way I can modify it to work around that.

Took me a couple tries but horse emblem is reliable as always. Anyways I did it with my shiny new Reinhardt (has mostly placeholder skills L&D 4, Lancebreaker 2, Goad Cav), Axebreaker, Deathblow Leo, Cecilia (Fury Blade Build, Hone Cav), and Camus (Fury Vant Build, Hone Cav).

Take me a little bit just cause I had to make sure the AI I did what I wanted it to eventually found out that if I place Leo in the top corner Defense tile and the three other horses in the corner by the bottom tile with Camus on the tile it was pretty straightforward  because that green mage would go at the bottom to a place where Camus could safely kill the red horse mage.  Surprisingly enough for infernal I actually had to change it up a little bit and give Leo you a one plus one attack seal (in retrospect I could've just reequipped his legendary tome which I can't be bothered to spell) because that's the exact amount more attack he needed lol because he had to be in the top corner therefor unbuffed. But Goad Calvary + Death Blow and Axe Breaker is just enough to kill him when added to the seal  thank goodness mine is not minus attack. 

Edited by Locke087

5 hours ago, Ayaneru said:

My Infernal Clear

Team : Nino (Fury 3/Desperation 3), Ephraim ( Fury 2, Vantage 3, Threaten Def 3), Masked Marth ( Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3)

After like, three? stamina potions, I decided to look around for strats to copy instead. I was so focused on trying to destroy things with F!Robin's Gronnwolf+, but somehow watching your vid made me remember my Julia has Bowbreaker learned... That got me through Lunatic and Infernal. Thanks!

Sadly, couldn't bust out my Zanbato+ Selena, since Berkut runs from it.

@Vaximillian I believe this is the first time Sharena has been a key in a GHB for me...

B46gKvy.png

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

I tried this but my Stahl doesn't have enough Res to keep Obstruct up after the mage attack. :(

I'll have to see if there's a way I can modify it to work around that.

Was able to get my Stahl to match the Res of the one in the video by giving him the Res+1 seal and having Ursula inherit Spur Res from a spare a!Tiki, so that worked out.

Infernal is going to be a pain, though.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

You don’t have to be Nino to do your best!

It's a bit of a shame that Fensalir's effect isn't super good in Arena, but it really shines in these kinds of fights. Fensalir + Spur Def Seal + fort tile is MHMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Beat Infernal with my Horse team (switching Cecilia for Olivia) using Xander ( SI: Quick Reposte 2, Bonfire, Swap and Fortify Cavalry), Camus (Lancebreaker 2, Swap and Draconic Aura), Reinhardt (Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 2, Luna and rally Resistance),  and Olivia (Wings of Mercy).

Camus and Xander occupy the lower positions, so Camus can be fortified. Olivia is at the top and Reinhardt the middle.

First turn: Camus sits on the fort ready to chip some damage.

Spoiler

w9QqqvJ.png

second turn: Reinhardt comes down and chips at Firesweepbow, then gets danced and defeats Berkut. Camus beats Firesweep and Xander waits on the defensive tile next to the green mage. The lance cavalier attacks Reinhardt and the green mage is destroyed by Xander.

Spoiler

oJvI1y4.png

third turn: Reinhardt hits the cav once, then Olivia comes in via WoM and Reinhardt finishes the job. Group together in the right corner.

Spoiler

GaOVeJ9.png

7LauF82.png

fourth turn: Camus one rounds  the red mage cavalier from hell, Reinhardt chips at the axe and Xander finishes the job!

Spoiler

TT4vQFF.png

Have another not-terribly-replicable-unless-you-have-my-dudes video courtesy of me. But I know some of you have my exact team just with different SI so

Anyway, I tried to show the necessary SI for my particular strat at the beginning but I think I missed a few things so I'll go over them in more detail here:

Ryoma: TA3, Vantage, Draconic Aura - Fury damage was a bit too much and he couldn't live the last axecav. TA3 meant he took more damage from red, but green mage was oneshot by vantage when draconic aura is up--luna will probably work too, just needs to be 3cd or 4cd with QP. Vantage is for red cav since he doesn't entirely orko him, so this allows him to move out of lance cav's range while killing red cav safely

Olivia: WoM2 - It's actually fortunate that Berkut had vantage to take off an additional 5hp off Hector, putting him in WoM range for her.

Hector: Bonfire - enough damage for neutral Hector supported by Rein's Spur Atk 2 to finish off Berkut. I used 3 in the video, but I went back to do a test and Spur Atk2 will do fine.

Reinhardt: Lancebreaker, Death Blow 3, Moonbow. I haven't done the math on how much damage Rein needs exactly when supported by WoMLivia, though. I don't think he needs the merge level, at least. Lancebreaker at any level is important since it causes the other lance cav to try to go for Ryoma instead, buying Rein a turn to do things. It's also vital in actually killing the lance cav.

I used a reposition at the beginning with Rein on Hec, but if you switch Rein and Hector's starting positions they should be able to get into the same position no problem.

Edit: 

A variation of Reinhardt's part can be done with a neutral rein with DB2 (or +Atk Rein with no A slot inheritance). You'd take an extra turn to WoM back down to Ryoma after moving him maximally far away from lance cav and help him get out of the way, and then move Rein down next to Olivia to get her Hone Atk buff. He can then kill lance cav the next turn. 

Edited by Thor Odinson