Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@LordFrigid I knew Caeda would like a big heap of Cavs, well done. 

Is Alm watching his future work? He became a Brave user after all. 

What? Faye does all the heavy lifting on this map's SoV equivalent. I just fielded him because it felt thematically appropriate.

Thanks for reminding me that I eventually need to refine his Falchion, actually. Ever since I merged him down I had quite forgotten about him.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Thanks for reminding me that I eventually need to refine his Falchion, actually. Ever since I merged him down I had quite forgotten about him.

Haha, I thought so when seeing his level. His refinement is worth it, he saved my streak in AA so many times only to let me lose match 6 or 7.

@Zeo @mampfoid @DefyingFates

Here's the most recent entry of Eirika's path of soloing every GHB/BHB. I recorded Navarre and Lloyd too but those two were a bit boring so I decided against uploading them. This one on the other hand had quite a few clutch moments so it feels more entertaining.

@Alexmender First clutch moment already at turn one with 1 HP. That was pretty close, nice to watch your lady burn that map. 

Envious of your +8 Cordelia with Chill Def. Mine is still +6 (with X units waiting for Galeforce) and I've never seen Horse Chrom. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Alexmender First clutch moment already at turn one with 1 HP. That was pretty close, nice to watch your lady burn that map. 

Envious of your +8 Cordelia with Chill Def. Mine is still +6 (with X units waiting for Galeforce) and I've never seen Horse Chrom. 

Thanks!

That highly merged Cordelia is a funny story. I had a -Atk Cordelia at 4* for the longest time and I was planning on making her Galeforce fodder for Siegbert but then I started to summon Cordelias like crazy since around 4 or 5 banners ago. 1 even came as a pity breaker (or me saving 20k feathers if we look at the positive side), shortly after I decided to make her part of my arena core and that's when I got 2 Horse Chroms in the same batch, although I just gave it to her for the arena points and because lately I've felt that Desperation isn't as good as it used to be outside of Nino.

11 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @DefyingFates

Here's the most recent entry of Eirika's path of soloing every GHB/BHB. I recorded Navarre and Lloyd too but those two were a bit boring so I decided against uploading them. This one on the other hand had quite a few clutch moments so it feels more entertaining.

Wow...now I'm looking forward to you beating Valter!

@Alexmender Navarre and Lloyd are some of the easier and hence more boring GHB's I'll admit. Was still entertaining seeing Eirika clutch this one with that 1 HP though. Very close there. Had she been anything but +10 she would have died without a spur/drive/support of some kind. That's crazy.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how you deal with Valter. You may need a team for that one.

• 6 months later...

@Alexmender Yet another old clear I never tagged you for, though I get the feeling you've seen this one.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @ruruo @Landmaster @Azuris @Nanima @Johann @Hawk King @Alkaid @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse @Baldrick@LordFrigid @daisy jane

Old Matthew Clear:

Spoiler

Surprise! Bet you weren't expecting me to revisit this one. Well, I wouldn't have for Morgan alone. But I kind of always wanted to do an Echoes clear for this map, I just didn't have the units. I realized today that was a long time ago and I'm actually capable of doing it now, that and another idea I've had that I wasn't able to find the map for, this ended up being the best one for it given the timeframe and my other options within that. So let's get started, or rather, finished.

Morgan wiped the map. It was just as easy as it was for Matt if not easier. I actually flubbed near the end with Priscilla attacking instead of retreating and letting Amelia take her spot for the following EP, but it didn't end up mattering. Skidoosh. 

It may be clear 2, but this is the reason you're here. Echoes clear on deck. Sadly no Alm as I've never been able to pull him, but in his place Lukas leads the team and gets to shine a bit. I use a couple units I've never featured a clear and mampfoid! I finally get to join your club and use an assist I've never used! You'll see what I mean, the last turn of the clear is simply glorious. You'll be proud I think. Go.

For this last clear things get a little weird, I'd had an idea like this for a while, almost while waiting for like a Tharja/Robin BHB or something like that but it never ended up happening. Berkut having love troubles ended up being the best fit, as well as the open battlefield. It's a... love clear I guess? Using either characters associated strongly with love or simply bridal units. I knew I wanted to feature Caeda so that was gameplan #1. I could have trivialized the map with Cordelia but I didn't even think to use her ironically enough. It ended up being a blessing in disguise though.

It gave me the chance to get off my duff and transition my +0 *4 +SPD/-ATK Tharja that carried me through the first Tempest into a +SPD/-HP Tharja (the very last one I pulled a short while ago) +10 supermerge with the + version of her blade tome. She now stands as my first and only red blade tome unit and she's a scary one. Her synergy with B!Sanaki rival's that of Odin and B!Lyn is really just along for the ride. There was really good art of Caeda with Groom Marth which made me wish I used him, but I kinda already intended on using females only, so no regrets there.

It's probably one of my weirdest clears, but one I couldn't get out of my head, and so here it is.

Done deal.

Edited by Zeo

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

Morgan wiped the map

Couldn't describe it better. Defensive tile and no blues near makes Morgan laugh about those beginners. 

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

Echoes clear on deck. Sadly no Alm as I've never been able to pull him, but in his place Lukas leads the team and gets to shine a bit. I use a couple units I've never featured a clear and mampfoid! I finally get to join your club and use an assist I've never used! You'll see what I mean, the last turn of the clear is simply glorious. You'll be proud I think. Go.

Now I'm curious. :-)

Haha, that Smite/Swap combo to bring Celica into position was great. Undeliverable you've never used Smite so far. 

Faye and Lukas really are indestructible (lol at 0 damage from Gronnraven) and Sonya taking out the red mage was sweet. 

No plans to refine Ragnarok? 

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

It's probably one of my weirdest clears, but one I couldn't get out of my head, and so here it is.

Can't be weird enough! Nice theme, congrats.  

Tharja repeats Morgan's bold move no lesser awesome. United brides to defeat Berkut in the end. 

Another 4* +10 unit, they profit greatly from the super merge. 

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender Yet another old clear I never tagged you for, though I get the feeling you've seen this one.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @ruruo @Landmaster @Azuris @Nanima @Johann @Hawk King @Alkaid @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse @Baldrick@LordFrigid @daisy jane

Old Matthew Clear:

Reveal hidden contents

Surprise! Bet you weren't expecting me to revisit this one. Well, I wouldn't have for Morgan alone. But I kind of always wanted to do an Echoes clear for this map, I just didn't have the units. I realized today that was a long time ago and I'm actually capable of doing it now, that and another idea I've had that I wasn't able to find the map for, this ended up being the best one for it given the timeframe and my other options within that. So let's get started, or rather, finished.

Morgan wiped the map. It was just as easy as it was for Matt if not easier. I actually flubbed near the end with Priscilla attacking instead of retreating and letting Amelia take her spot for the following EP, but it didn't end up mattering. Skidoosh. 

It may be clear 2, but this is the reason you're here. Echoes clear on deck. Sadly no Alm as I've never been able to pull him, but in his place Lukas leads the team and gets to shine a bit. I use a couple units I've never featured a clear and mampfoid! I finally get to join your club and use an assist I've never used! You'll see what I mean, the last turn of the clear is simply glorious. You'll be proud I think. Go.

For this last clear things get a little weird, I'd had an idea like this for a while, almost while waiting for like a Tharja/Robin BHB or something like that but it never ended up happening. Berkut having love troubles ended up being the best fit, as well as the open battlefield. It's a... love clear I guess? Using either characters associated strongly with love or simply bridal units. I knew I wanted to feature Caeda so that was gameplan #1. I could have trivialized the map with Cordelia but I didn't even think to use her ironically enough. It ended up being a blessing in disguise though.

It gave me the chance to get off my duff and transition my +0 *4 +SPD/-ATK Tharja that carried me through the first Tempest into a +SPD/-HP Tharja (the very last one I pulled a short while ago) +10 supermerge with the + version of her blade tome. She now stands as my first and only red blade tome unit and she's a scary one. Her synergy with B!Sanaki rival's that of Odin and B!Lyn is really just along for the ride. There was really good art of Caeda with Groom Marth which made me wish I used him, but I kinda already intended on using females only, so no regrets there.

Done deal.

Matthew works pretty similar to the Legendary Ike strategy, he gets on a Defensive Tile and tanks everything~ I didn't expect Ayra to be the one taking Berkut on, guess he's too slow to be all that much of a threat~ Morgan cleared it pretty similarly pretty easily~ 

I will never get over 2 turn Bonfire Berkut~ Faye also did more that I would have expected, I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with mine and she can't kill anything to save her life so seeing someone who knows what he's doing with her was great~ I also don't have Sonya, she surprised me taking out that Red Mage near the end~ I also liked that maneuver to get Celica down to the bottom of the map~

Tharja was probably the best, I don't see her too much and I didn't expect her to near solo the map~ Bride Sanaki was good support for her with her Link Skill~ Cool seeing all these lesser used units together~

@Zeo

Morgan keeps surpising me with how much he can survive, taking on everyone again and when your second turn came there were only two guys left and it was pretty much over.

The highlight of the second one clearly was Celica getting ferried all the way down to get the kill.

And I really like the theme of the last one. Good job getting these blade tomes to work with these annoying start locations. But why no Bride Tharja?

@Zeo I think I did see your Matthew clear, although it's been a while so I can't remember. 

Anyways, both Matt and Morgan had 0 issues with this map and just made Berkut go back crying to his uncle. 

The SoV clear was very neat, it reminded me of how super bulky Faye is (and how I never got her since her release...). That Lukas though, nothing short of magic will ever make a dent on him. 

The last clear was fun, B!Tharja would've completed the theme but OG!Tharja is a unit you don't see often making her more special. Funny how Berkut went for Sanaki instead of Lyn which spelled his doom in the hands of 3 angry brides.

@mampfoid I lack Desperation fodder so I can't run Fury/Desp/Rag.Refine which is probably her best build. It's the only reason I haven't refined her weapon. Shannas and Subakis have been hard to come by. The game seems to think I need more Lukas even though I've already +10'ed him.

@Landmaster Faye is trash as a Firesweep Bow+ user and Brave Bow+ user but she's one of the best Guard Bow if not the best Guard Bow+ infantry user in the game thanks to her great mixed bulk. I can't really think of a build she runs better than that one.

@Azuris I don't have Bride Tharja. I actually only pulled Bride Sanaki by chance. The only bride I was pulling for was Ninian, whom I didn't get.

@Alexmender For how much I've invested into him, I don't use Lukas nearly enough. I kinda wonder what's more terrifying: the build he's got now? Or a build with Bonfire, Harmonic Lance+ and Steady Stance 4?

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

lack Desperation fodder so I can't run Fury/Desp/Rag.Refine which is probably her best build. It's the only reason I haven't refined her weapon.

With Fury she gets into Desperation 2 range fast as well (11 after Battle damage), her refine is just so good. 

@Zeo Nice clears! Morgan's clear was pretty swift, nice call deleting the Firesweep archer asap so he could be a boss in the bottom left corner of the map.

Lukas's double Bonfire thanks to Steady Breath is a sight to behold. Such a great unit, and nice use of Smite to have Celica finish things in time. Also nice seeing Sonya in action (Her Wo Tome really is amazing, powering through what should've been 0 damage!), and Faye shows how perfect Guard Bow on her is. Can't wait to see Lukas with the new Fierce Stance SS!

The love clear gave me a smile because of the music choice. Also, nice use of multicolour bladetomes, Sanaki's might made me do a double take, powering through Berkut's Lance like that. Tharja also shone well in the corner like how Morgan did. Come to think of it, I think my original clear of this GHB when this came out involved Tharja as well (with Merric giving Spur Res support since she was -Res). Never underestimate blade tomes.

Edited by mcsilas

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the double post but I did a few new clears this weekend.
@Zeo @mampfoid @Azuris @Ginko @Landmaster @daisy jane @NegativeExponents-@Nanima 

Now that I've recently pulled Gray, I could finally do a proper Villager Emblem to show Berkut a thing or two about peasant power!

Team is +Res/-Spd Gray, +Atk/-Res Amelia, neutral Tobin and +Atk/-Res 4* Donnel

Music is Kamikirimushi from the King of Fighters 96 soundtrack.

-I forget how much Amelia can tank because I gave her LaD for arena back in the day. I had to take a page from @Zeo's book and turn Amelia into a warper for this map because of the split deployment, and to make sure Donnel's skin is saved.

-Speaking of Donnel, that defense tile sure saved him from the archer, since he was toast otherwise. His job was to bait and he did that perfectly, so I rewarded him with the final hit on the mage later on.

-Gray's +Res worked well enough to shrug off the mage cav, so he dealt with the left corner with ease. Simlarly, Tobin just easily handles the axe cav.

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas

Good job getting a bunch of villagers to beat this annoying split deployment map. With your team being in no good position to support each other you have to find good combat engagements they can win on their own, which gets even harder with the high movements of the enemies. Well done.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Sorry for the double post but I did a few new clears this weekend.
@Zeo @mampfoid @Azuris @Ginko @Landmaster @daisy jane @NegativeExponents-@Nanima 

Now that I've recently pulled Gray, I could finally do a proper Villager Emblem to show Berkut a thing or two about peasant power!

Team is +Res/-Spd Gray, +Atk/-Res Amelia, neutral Tobin and +Atk/-Res 4* Donnel

Music is Kamikirimushi from the King of Fighters 96 soundtrack.

-I forget how much Amelia can tank because I gave her LaD for arena back in the day. I had to take a page from @Zeo's book and turn Amelia into a warper for this map because of the split deployment, and to make sure Donnel's skin is saved.

-Speaking of Donnel, that defense tile sure saved him from the archer, since he was toast otherwise. His job was to bait and he did that perfectly, so I rewarded him with the final hit on the mage later on.

-Gray's +Res worked well enough to shrug off the mage cav, so he dealt with the left corner with ease. Simlarly, Tobin just easily handles the axe cav.

Amelia goes right to work eating that Lance Cav and protecting Gray from Berkut. Donnel sitting on that Defensive Platform saved him from a quick demise. Tobin doesn’t struggle against the Axe Cav at all. Nice to see Amelia warping to protect Donnel, can’t have Amelia without some warping. Nice to see Donnel get the last kill~ And I love Graaayyy, he fought valiantly against that Tome Cav~ A win for the villagers!

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

That is one funny theme for berkuts map. I used this map to grind SP with some units the other day, so it's still very present. 

Berkut getting one-rounded by a small town girl gives SoV vibes, even 4* Donnel gets a kill in the end. Congrats! 

• 1 year later...