Now that I'm in Act 6, am I gonna need the Overclasses?

I know there's a big post game dungeon, are the enemies there gonna require I have units with the strength of Overclasses? Granted I'm playing on Normal, but if I do a Hard run, will it ever come to needing the Overclasses? Even if they're ugly and destroy a character's originality, am I gonna need their strength? How much stronger are they than a... Non-Overclass unit anyway?

Not really, no. A team that comes out of endgame ungrinded stands pretty much no chance past the 5th floor, but as you leave the dungeon and re-enter, you'll keep getting more EXP. If you promoted mostly ASAP for the base game and then max out your units' levels, you will be able to clear the dungeon with some luck. You will still need to abuse ranges, avoid enemies 8th floor and beyond, and keep Turnwheeling until the final boss' reinforcement patterns stop screwing you over, but you'll have a shot. Over Classes make the dungeon and clear pretty much guaranteed, though, mostly for the extra levels.

No. I've found team composition and equipment are generally more important than raw stats. If you feel the need to grind, you can use the Dread Fighter loop or the Villager Forks (if you get up to level 20 each time, one loop will be enough).

I don't think you need them, but they're a nice convenience for those who don't have a third tier class to further increase stats without Forking or DF loop. I found the overclassed Saint (I don't know the class' name, sorry) to be the most useful since they get a wide-ranged status cure, which helps dealing with Poison among other things.

Not at all. I beated Thabes with my Endgame Team. No Grinding, no DF loop, no pitchfork, no overclasses.

It really isn't that hard at all, you just need to compose a good team. I used Python and Leon as Bow Knights, gave them forged Killer Bows and they had already learned Hunter's Volley (broken as fuck). Delthea with Mage Ring, Mae with Speed Ring, Alm with forged Royal Blade. And used Mathilda, Conrad and Saber as filler (they barely saw any combat at alll). I also used Silque and Faye because of Rescue+Warp allowing me to do Kamikaze attacks and then warping back to safety.

Anything past the 5th floor is insanely hard, but once you reach the final boss the enemies are a lot weaker. And the final boss himself is weak to bows, so with Hunter's Volley you can do up to 100dmg PER COMBAT (given you Crit. twice, which is very likely with 50-60%). And once you attack him with both Leon and Python and for some reason he's still alive? You just warp Alm, trade with Python/Leon for the Killer Bow and finish him off. 2 turns and he's down, and yes, this is HM

Edited by Avi448
My original comment was kinda spoilerish

For normal mode at least, I didn't use the overclasses and I did well enough in the Thabes Labyrinth. Hard mode, I can't say.

Either way, I think Dread Fighter looping and having enough Dread Fighters to loop (as in, made a fair amount of your villagers Mercenaries) should make things easy enough. Also, if you had any characters promoted at level 20 for optimal stat boosts and/or they were RNG blessed/rigged with good stats, they should be really good in the Thabes Labyrinth as well.

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

For normal mode at least, I didn't use the overclasses and I did well enough in the Thabes Labyrinth. Hard mode, I can't say.

Either way, I think Dread Fighter looping and having enough Dread Fighters to loop (as in, made a fair amount of your villagers Mercenaries) should make things easy enough. Also, if you had any characters promoted at level 20 for optimal stat boosts and/or they were RNG blessed/rigged with good stats, they should be really good in the Thabes Labyrinth as well.

I think Ghast beat Thabes without Overclasses on Hard mode in his playthrough. Pheonixmaster1 did as well, so it's probably not needed there, either. What you do need to do is a little bit of grinding to get everyone to level 15 and bring as many healers as you can or else you'll get slaughtered by the Fire Dragon on B5 and everything beyond that.

Bolded: This pretty much describes Delthea in my most recent playthrough. I got her to level 20 before promoting, because she still gets insane EXP for killing 3rd tier classes and her growths are just out of this world, like... Awakening level out of this world. Gist is, by the time she reached level 20 Priestess in Thabes, she capped both her Attack and Speed stats with Skill and Luck surpassing 35. You don't even need to overclass her in order for her to be one of the strongest units, if not THE strongest unit in the game, although I think the Enchantress' animations and looks fit her the best, though I can't really explain why, to be honest.
She's like Nowi and Midori combined and on steroids compared to her fellow Magic users. Even Celica has trouble matching Delthea's damage output, especially if you equip her with the Magic Ring her admittedly low Defence completely stops being an issue, since she'll always be safely tucked away behind your Alm, Faye, your Dread Fighter(s) and possible Baron(s).

Edited by DragonFlames
stupid grammatical mistake

Okay thank you everyone! I see a little grinding will be helpful.  I take all of my characters to 20 before I promote them anyway because I'm petty.  And having Star Jacinths while grinding will problem help a great deal too.  I just really don't want to use the un-character-fying and ugly Overclasses.  

On 13/7/2017 at 4:59 AM, Yoshthethird said:

Okay thank you everyone! I see a little grinding will be helpful.  I take all of my characters to 20 before I promote them anyway because I'm petty.  And having Star Jacinths while grinding will problem help a great deal too.  I just really don't want to use the un-character-fying and ugly Overclasses.  

you don't actually need to grind, at all. The last floors are very tough, but you can choose to avoid all enemies and go straight to Grima since his battle is actually a lot easier. And if you have some Bow Knights (Leon and Python are enough, but if you have even more that's just perfect) and you get Hunter's Volley (Killer Bow's Art, attacks twice with added MT and Crit. like Double Lion) you can choose to send those two straight to Grima and take him down in 1-2 turns.

Forge some Killer Bows ( you get those from upgrading a Silver Bow ) and give those to your best bow knights, it's the best way to clear up Thabes since it's a very easy and reliable way to delete any enemy and since bows do effective damage to Grima. And don't forget Alm can use bows too, if Grima didn't die you just warp Alm to Grima ( otherwise you would need a few more turns so Alm can get there and you won't have much time for that ) and trade items with Leon/Python so Alm has the killer bow and finishes him