FE: War of Men (Sign up/Discussion)

Enaluxeme

For vision, I was thinking about 10 tiles, with walls, mountains and peacks obstructing it so that you can't see what's on the other side and forests lowering it as if a mounted unit tried to pass through (costs 3 tiles instead of 1). I could lower it and add a bonus based on the skill stat. Or I could make the number different for different classes, so like Rogue/Assassin/Sniper>Thief/Archer/Promoted units>Unpromoted units

For hearing just 10 tiles.

Oh hello, Serkat! I haven't decided on the base stats and total growths phantoms would have, but they are created no differently then normal characters (you can have a Phantom with high Hp and Def). What I do know is that a Jeigan Summoner would have Phantoms with lower bases and higher growths. Your Summoner can use their turn to summon the phantom and you will have control of that unit too. Your Summoner gains 10 Exp per summon and a third of any Exp the Phantom would have gotten. Only 1 Phantom at any given time.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do Phantoms as follows:

HP locked at one.

Str: Summoner level plus four.

Mag locked at 0.

Skl: Equal to Summoner level.

Spd: Summoner level plus one.

Lck: Randomly determined 1-6.

Def and Res locked at 0.

Edited by ThicreanPhoenix

Spoiler
  • Name: Haylee

• Class: Female Shaman

• Physical Description:

Haylee is pretty small standing around 5’1” and is considered to be the smallest magic users in her family. She has olive skin, Blackish Blue hair that's tied into a side ponytail with the blue being more apparent in when there is a strong light source, and a pair of golden eyes that has flakes of blue in them. Instead of a traditional shaman outfit  she wears a light vest dress that she received from her father (the dress itself is styled like Marisha from FE8). While on top of the dress she wears a brown cape that would be ideal to blend in with large crowd.

• Backstory:

Before Haylee was born her parents both came from different countries. Her father being from Palmyra and her mother from Gastalla. Her parents met during a trade of materials of sorts from the dessert to Gastalla. Her mother was the mercenary hired to protect the materials while Her father was the guard of the materials from the dessert. They met for a brief moment while the transaction and hit it off. The trades themselves lasted about three months before it ended but over those three months her parents hit it off and became dear friends with one and another. Due to this both would usually try to meet up about three times a month and over the course of a year they decided to date. So flash forward three more years they decided to get married and that's what they did but they faced a problem. Which country would they move to once they get hitched. So that led to about weeks of fighting until both of their own respective friends suggested Jovis since it would be entirely new and wouldn’t cause as much of a headache for both parties. Thus they did and when they moved Haylee’s mother found out she was pregnant. So Haylee was born without any trouble and was very content with her life. Due to the fact her parents both had magic capabilities with her father being a druid and her mother a healer. Haylee quickly found herself wanting to learn magic and thus studied in it for most of her childhood. She however decided the learn dark magic as she wanted to be more like her father in the sense of cool attacks and so on. During these times her parents would always tell her stories of their adventure which lit the her desire for adventuring. So once she came of age she decided to leave home to go on adventures and though her parents were beyond worry for what would happen they had to give up for Hayes’s desire was too great. Thus they went and got a red gem they were hiding for later and gave it to Haylee to support her.

• Character description: Haylee herself is quite a childish and emotional person despite the type of magic she knows that most would think would only be for serious people. She however is quite excitable with learning new things and loves the sense of adventure. Though as much as she likes adventure and so on she doesn’t like to be in the front but rather be in the back where she can picks guys off with her magic. She also tends to move around a Lot.

Base stats: Level One

• Hp: 15 +2(45%)

• Str: 1+3 (20%)

• Mag: 3 (55%)

• Skl: 1+1 (45%)

• Spd: 1+1(30%)

• Lck: 0 +3( 45%)

• Def: 1+2 ( 25%)

• Res: 5 ( 30%)

• Mov: 5
  • Con: 6

• Affinity: Wind

Weapon Rank: D Dark Tomes

Inventory:

• Shade

• Red Gem

Hope there isn't any problems with this!

Edit: Oh yeah I gave her shade on purpose as it would fit more with the headcanon of hers rather than the flux tome!

Edited by Serkat
I changed her bases on again XD I took one point of her spd to add one point to her strength and lck bases! Plus I took 5% of her speed off to give it to her magic growth

I adding 2 guys to the group rather than 1 is no problem, you'll probably join together as mercenaries.

As for Haylee herself, she is 200% Wind in affinity.

The base Def of female Shamans is 1, you probably confused Res and Mov for Def and Res. Speaking of... She's gonna die with those stats, definitely. She can't have the avoid to dodgetank since Summoner and Druid have a low Spd cap and she also has 1 Strength forever meaning she's gonna be weighted down by almost anything. And having such low Hp and Def means she'll probably be one-shotted easily.

1 hour ago, Enaluxeme said:

I adding 2 guys to the group rather than 1 is no problem, you'll probably join together as mercenaries.

As for Haylee herself, she is 200% Wind in affinity.

The base Def of female Shamans is 1, you probably confused Res and Mov for Def and Res. Speaking of... She's gonna die with those stats, definitely. She can't have the avoid to dodgetank since Summoner and Druid have a low Spd cap and she also has 1 Strength forever meaning she's gonna be weighted down by almost anything. And having such low Hp and Def means she'll probably be one-shotted easily.

oh gosh, that was a opps on my end then XD I thought Def was five, XD Would it be cool if I changed around a few stats and growth rates then? Also could she potentionally promote into a dark flier? I am just wondering for right now XD

Edited by Serkat

Sure, change as much as you want. One can promote to anything with the weapon of the unpromoted class, as long as it can be explained in role: you'll have to find a pegasus to promote into a dark flier.

On 7/29/2017 at 10:55 AM, Enaluxeme said:

You still have growths to assign: Hp, Str and Lck are worth half other growths, you have 35% growths left.

Lol to make it easier on you I put it in the orgininal post and in this post XD

Spoiler
  • Hp: 15 +2(45%)

• Str: 1+2 (20%)

• Mag: 3 (50%)

• Skl: 1+1 (45%)

• Spd: 1+2(35%)

• Lck: 0 +2( 45%)

• Def: 1+2 ( 25%)

• Res: 5 ( 30%)

• Con: 6

Edited by Serkat

Who is this referring to? Are these the same people?

However, no one else would heal that man. I wish to question him, he'll need more time to heal without magic."

He started walking towards one bandit who was still alive.

Edited by Toogee

Yes to Toogee's question.

As for the stat boosters, those will be equippable rather than consumable. Kinda like in Genealogy, but with the usual +2 bonus rather than +5.

oooooooooo I can't wait to see them in action then!

Also after doing a bit of research I found out that the canon Fe8 Phantoms all have a total of 200% for their growth rates and they do not get any kinds of growths in the phantoms Def and res and I just wanted to let you know about that! Also a question for the phantoms will we be able to decide on a class for them? Such as archer, fighter, sword, or lance?

Hey, I see you don't have a Jeigan yet. Mind if I come aboard?

Spoiler

Name: Radle Gest

59813037dad55_RadleGest.png.6f7ed1cd2883ca2a7885e31a66a798a4.png

Description: tall, slim young man with light skin, straight black hair, and green eyes. Dresses in a simple gray coat with tattered trousers. Doesn't seem to care much for his appearance, with his best looked after possession being his sword.

Personality: Lighthearted and friendly. Possesses a strong sense of justice, but generally lacks and opinion on matters of politics and religion. Seems to have been hurt sometime in the past, but has since gotten over it. Fancies himself as a travelling counselor, helping others open up with their problems through his calm and understanding manner. Can be a bit of a flirt sometimes, but is inexperienced with serious relationships. 

Backstory: As an orphan, Radle was raised by his older sister Krysa in a crowded city in Stedgard. He has no memories from before the age of six, relying on information provided by his sister in order to remember his parents. When he was twelve, Krysa was kidnapped and sold into slavery in some other nation. From that point on, Radle took care of himself. Joint issues with both local authorities and and a few nearby gangs motivated him to leave the city. He now drifts about the countryside, riding along with mercenaries and merchants and listening to their stories. He takes up odd jobs for a living. While he is skilled with the sword, he rarely uses it.

Class: Swordmaster

Level: 1

HP: 31(55)

STR: 7(30)

MAG: 3(0)

SKL: 12 (50)

SPD: 12 (50)

LCK: 10(55)

DEF: 6(25)

RES: 2(15)

MOV: 6

CON: 8

Weapon Rank: A Swords

Inventory: Silver Sword, Vulnerary

Affinity: Light

Hopefully I got everything right.

Edited by SullyMcGully
Added mug

1 hour ago, SullyMcGully said:

Hey, I see you don't have a Jeigan yet. Mind if I come aboard?

Hide contents

Name: Radle Gest

Description: tall, slim young man with light skin, straight black hair, and green eyes. Dresses in a simple gray coat with tattered brown trousers. Doesn't seem to care much for his appearance, with his best looked after possession being his sword.

Personality: Lighthearted and friendly. Possesses a strong sense of justice, but generally lacks and opinion on matters of politics and religion. Seems to have been hurt sometime in the past, but has since gotten over it. Fancies himself as a travelling counselor, helping others open up with their problems through his calm and understanding manner. Can be a bit of a flirt sometimes, but is inexperienced with serious relationships. 

Backstory: As an orphan, Radle was raised by his older sister Krysa in a crowded city in Stedgard. He has no memories from before the age of six, relying on information provided by his sister in order to remember his parents. When he was twelve, Krysa was kidnapped and sold into slavery in some other nation. From that point on, Radle took care of himself. Joint issues with both local authorities and and a few nearby gangs motivated him to leave the city. He now drifts about the countryside, riding along with mercenaries and merchants and listening to their stories. He takes up odd jobs for a living. While he is skilled with the sword, he rarely uses it.

Class: Swordmaster

Level: 1

HP: 31(55)

STR: 6(30)

MAG: 3(0)

SKL: 11 (50)

SPD: 11 (50)

LCK: 9(55)

DEF: 5(25)

RES: 2(15)

MOV: 6

CON: 8

Weapon Rank: A Swords

Inventory: Silver Sword, Vulnerary

Affinity: Wind

Hopefully I got everything right.

Ooooo he seems really cool! Heads up though Ena actually assign the affinity based off of the personality! So he might have something else in mind for the affinity based off of everything you wrote!

Ok, so...

For Phantoms, I decided it's gonna be 30 bases + 225% growths for normally promoted Summoners and 25 bases + 250% growths for prepromoted Summoners, also you can choose the physical weapon of the Phantom. You can put your points in HP, Def and Res, or leave them at 1, your choice.

For Sully, you still have to allocate 4,5 points to Radle's bases, as luck costs half points.
I associate Wind affinity with a desire for freedom, from what you described he seems more like Light: even with his problems he didn't become Edgelord McEdgy (would have been Dark) and instead he's a good guy who likes to help people and doesn't like to use his sword.

I'll try to make you all join quickly, but I don't want to force things too much.

Alright thanks for the info on the phantoms! I'll start thinking about stuff for the phantom even though summoner may not be her final class XD

Also take your time on introducing Haylee XD I don't mind that!

Alright so I kinda was fooling around and made four phantoms that Haylee could potentially get (Whoops on my end OTL) 

so I can't really decide who would be the one she would actually summon even though I do have a favorite lol so you guys can decide! also they all have names because Haylee would totally name them!

Hawk (sword):

Spoiler

Hp: 1+18 (60%)

Str: 1+4 (50%)

Mag:1 (0%)

Skl: 1+4 (30%)

Spd: 1 (10%)

Lck: 0+4 (40%)

Def: 1+5 (50%)

Res: 1+5 (40%)

Con: 8+1

Noire (Lance):

Spoiler

Hp: 1+19 (40%)

Str: 1+5 (50%)

Skl: 1+4 (40%)

Spd: 1+6 (50%)

Lck: 0+5 (40%)

Def: 1+3 (25%)

Res: 1 (20%)

Con: 9

Hestia (Axe):

Spoiler

Hp: 1+16 (50%)

Str: 1+4 (45%)

Skl: 1+3 (40%)

Spd: 1+3 (35%)

Lck: 0+6 (40%)

Def: 1+4 (30%)

Res: 1+4 (35%)

Con: 11+1

May (bow):

Spoiler

Hp: 1+15 (30%)

Str: 1+5 (50%)

Skl: 1+4 (50%)

Spd: 1+5 (45%)

Lck: 0+5 (40%)

Def: 1+2 (20%)

Res: 1+4 (25%)

Con: 8

Also for a more traditional style of phantom

Ro (Lance)

Spoiler

Hp: 1(0%)

Str: 1+9 (65%)

Skl: 1+5 (65%)

Spd: 1+8 (55%)

Lck: 0+8(80%)

Def: 1 (0%)

Res: 1 (0%)

Con: 9+4

So yeah pick your favorite! (I won't say mine just yet lol)

Edited by Serkat

Base luck is 0, and you may have got some bases/growths wrong (I just noticed Hawk has 31 bases).

Personally I don't find them really good: why adding defense and resistance if they are still going to get one rounded? My advice is to focus either on speed and luck, conventional tanking or offense.

Also, please... Stop using "lol" as a punctuation mark. I assume you are going to use proper grammar for the game, right? You should try to do so everywhere.

oh I am very sorry about that part, I thought when I was looking the fe Spreadsheet for this it had ones across the board besides the con. My mistake and I am sorry about messing up on some of the growths and so on.

Oh alright, to be honest I was looking more at the outcome of what they could become rather than at the moment. Also may I ask for your thoughts about Ro the phantom? I am curious to know what exactly made him a not really good unit.

Edit: 

I just noticed there was no luck on the spreadsheet. Sorry again for wasting your time.

Edited by Serkat

Actually that one is good. It does have a surplus of strenght though, so perhaps you can add 5% to Skill and 10% to luck instead. But I suppose reaching 20 in strenght before level 20 has its advantages too, so there's no problem keeping that 65% growth.

Oh awesome so if Haylee becomes a summoner Ro will be her phantom! Actually may I ask how you will be calculating the avoid to the charatcers? Since I am wondering how much of a dodge tank Ro could be while dishing out on a good amount of damage hahaha.

Edit: I have another question. With the gold how much will each unit start with? As well as will the gold be for indivituals or for the whole party? To add on how will units be able to earn gold as well? Also will there be secret shops too? Sorry If I am asking too many questions!

Edited by Serkat

Not at all. 

I'm using the calculations for GBA FE, so hit=skill*2+luck/2, avoid=speed*2+luck, crit=skill/2 and crit evasion=luck*2.

Everyone has 1000 G for him/herself and can share with others as they see fit. And of course secret shops will be present ;)

Awesome thank you for all this insightful information! All of this will be so helpful!! Two more questions then haha.

Will there be a forge mechanic in this rp? If so, will it work like Awakening's or more like fates forge's system? Also will you be updating the document/spreadsheet every time a new player joins the party?